Some facts for the Obama haters

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Hang on one sec...There are people on here who still think Obama is doing a good job?! Wow. Just wow.

Check your facts. Record job growth, record stock markets gains, very few American lives lost in conflict, and repaired respect from the rest of the world.
    You're going to talk about stock market gains on this week of all weeks? You're going to talk about repaired respect? Other then my new Prime Minister I don't think there is a leader in the world who respects your President. The global economy is failing, the EU is in a state of collapse, a full on Sunni/Shia war is about to get underway, North Korea is testing a hydrogen bomb, there is a massive refugee crisis, and ISIS is both gaining ground and showing global reach. Nothing is going well and you are a fool to suggest otherwise. Is this all Obama's fault? No but he is an empty suit providing zero leadership during extremely turbulent times.
    Chinese market volatility has absolutely ZERO to do with Obama's leadership. This conservative BS about the world not respecting Obama is total fabricated BS, there is no evidence to support it. North Korea's claim hasn't been settled yet, but it looks bunk. Rattling off the current world conflicts is a total distraction, you could come up with a similar (or worse) list from each Presidency, including those considered "good". You have zero metrics with which to discredit him, the only legitimate claim most cons could make is that he has shown exactly how childish and weak the conservative movement has become.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Hang on one sec...There are people on here who still think Obama is doing a good job?! Wow. Just wow.

Check your facts. Record job growth, record stock markets gains, very few American lives lost in conflict, and repaired respect from the rest of the world.
    You're going to talk about stock market gains on this week of all weeks? You're going to talk about repaired respect? Other then my new Prime Minister I don't think there is a leader in the world who respects your President. The global economy is failing, the EU is in a state of collapse, a full on Sunni/Shia war is about to get underway, North Korea is testing a hydrogen bomb, there is a massive refugee crisis, and ISIS is both gaining ground and showing global reach. Nothing is going well and you are a fool to suggest otherwise. Is this all Obama's fault? No but he is an empty suit providing zero leadership during extremely turbulent times.
    Internationally: Obama http://uk.businessinsider.com/obamas-approval-ratings-around-world-2015-6?r=US&IR=T

Compared to Bush: (from Wikipedia)Opinions of Bush from outside the U.S. are less than favorable. For example, a global sampling in 2005 of 21 nations found that 58% of those sampled believed that the president's reelection would have a negative impact on their peace and security; only 26% believed it would have a positive one.[137]

In 18 of the 21 countries surveyed, a majority of respondents held an unfavorable opinion of Bush. Respondents indicated that they judged his administration as "negative" for world security.[137][138]

In specific countries[edit]
    The United Kingdom's Daily Mirror newspaper ran the following headline the day of Bush's reelection: “How Can 59,054,087 People Be So Dumb?”, underlining Bush's unpopularity in some sections of the British press. Among the population of Britain, two-thirds of the population holds[when?] a dim view of Bush, a figure that is duplicated in Canada.

After his reelection in 2004, Bush was viewed favorably by 38% and unfavorably by 53% in Italy, but much worse in other countries: “Three-quarters of those in Spain and more than 80% in France and Germany had a negative view of President Bush's role in world affairs."[138][139] In Turkey, 72% of those polled said that Bush's reelection made them “feel worse about Americans".[137] In November 2006, a survey taken in Great Britain, Mexico, and Canada showed that they believe Bush is more dangerous than North Korean leader Kim Jong-il and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.[140]

Islamic Countries[edit]
    In Islamic countries, opinion of Bush was even less favorable. In Islamic countries, Bush's unfavorable ratings were particularly high, often over 90%.[141] In Jordan, for example, Bush’s favorable rating was only nine percent.[142]
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

I would agree with this.Our Leadership on the world stage is damaged and fix is needed.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

I would agree with this.Our Leadership on the world stage is damaged and fix is needed.
    I concur…Somebody needs to make AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!!
    muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

So, America is not a great country? That's funny, Obama gets bashed constantly because he "hates America" and yet his biggest detractors think America sucks. Go figure.
    rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

It's a testament to the good job he's done that his detractors have to go abroad to find examples (most of which aren't even close to legitimate) of his failings. Somehow, with our economy doing well, Obama is to blame for European and Chinese economic troubles. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.
    We pull back *a little* on being the world police and suddenly, after years of Bush league warmongering, we are the cause of everything bad happening.
    It's such a joke, he hasn't been some great savior, or perfect, or even great, but when people have to make up their criticism because the legitimate criticism isn't damning enough, it's just sad.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited January 2016
    What did Obama do to improve the economy that any other president wouldn't have done? Just curious. If Bush was responsible for the bailouts of the banks, and he would have bailed out the auto companies too, what exactly did Obama do that was so great that he can take credit for improvement in the economy?

The wage gap is increasing significantly. The US debt is increasing significantly. Gotta take the good with the bad if you want to credit Obama with the good.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    It would be awesome to have A Moving Train convention. All of us in one room. Or better yet, a Real World - AMT edition.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016

It would be awesome to have A Moving Train convention. All of us in one room. Or better yet, a Real World - AMT edition.

Didn't EV once say something like this awhile ago?
    Start at 29:05
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CteDbd7cIhM
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

So, America is not a great country? That's funny, Obama gets bashed constantly because he "hates America" and yet his biggest detractors think America sucks. Go figure.
    What the Fuck is that supposed to mean?? Your efforts of being cute always are a FAILURE…NO wonder why you adore the biggest mistake America has ever made in my lifetime.

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Chinese market volatility has absolutely ZERO to do with Obama's leadership. This conservative BS about the world not respecting Obama is total fabricated BS, there is no evidence to support it. North Korea's claim hasn't been settled yet, but it looks bunk. Rattling off the current world conflicts is a total distraction, you could come up with a similar (or worse) list from each Presidency, including those considered "good". You have zero metrics with which to discredit him, the only legitimate claim most cons could make is that he has shown exactly how childish and weak the conservative movement has become.
    Right...must not rattle off world conflicts. Nothing to see here folks. Everyone pay attention to the beautiful stock market! Celebrate with rgambs the wonderful corporate earnings that we are all so fortunate to partake in! Thank you Mr. President!
  • BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Right...must not rattle off world conflicts. Nothing to see here folks. Everyone pay attention to the beautiful stock market! Celebrate with rgambs the wonderful corporate earnings that we are all so fortunate to partake in! Thank you Mr. President!
    Don't you live in Canada? Somebody has penis envy, I think. Let me know when the Looney becomes the world's currency. Thank you.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • ^^^
    Ouch,
    The loonie still won't prevent us from coming to see your Disneyland.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

What the Fuck is that supposed to mean?? Your efforts of being cute always are a FAILURE…NO wonder why you adore the biggest mistake America has ever made in my lifetime.

10-15 years from now when they take a poll on past presidents Obama will be way ahead of Bush. Possibly both of them. So no, Obama will not be the biggest mistake in your lifetime.

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

It's not hard to understand, a remedial English class perhaps? You seem to have trouble understanding posts here.
    Do you think America is a great nation, yes or no?
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

I'm not trying to say he has been perfect at home or abroad, I think you know that.
    Your criticism is very telling, it shows that you want America (not your own country) to get their hands into every conflict and be the world police, and every failure to occupy a country with strife is a glaring lack of leadership and a mistake. What you keep failing to understand is that Americans (it's our country, after all) resoundingly chose Obama specifically because he was promising to leave the Bush legacy behind. We don't want to be the world police, we don't accept that everything bad that happens across the world is somehow our responsibility, and that's why we elected him twice by landslide popular vote. He is doing as he promised, as we wanted, and that's a good thing. You can rattle your sabre all you want, but we voted our way into the place we are at, and most of us are happy with it.
    Not being the worlds police is fine.
    But Burying our head in the sand and leaving many areas of the world more exposed and dangerous have created a power vacuum in many areas.His policies abroad are horrible.We are not safer today then in 08.
    rr165892 said:

But Burying our head in the sand and leaving many areas of the world more exposed and dangerous have created a power vacuum in many areas.His policies abroad are horrible.We are not safer today then in 08.

There is no evidence we are in any more danger either. There is a good bit of middle ground between world police and buried head. The middle ground is getting Bin Laden, drone strikes out the wazoo, bombing support, troops and bases in the region, etc. Not that I agree with all those things, but ISIS makes a few gains and suddenly our heads are buried?? No, that's just not true.
    And for the record, if you actually put your life on the line for your country, if are a US soldier, you are absolutely safer today than in 08.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

Solutions? Troops on the ground in Syria? Fight Putin. What would you have done differently?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    The GOP is only saying we are in danger because the economy is doing so well. They can't complain about the economy so they manufacture these enemies to be afraid of.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129

What did Obama do to improve the economy that any other president wouldn't have done? Just curious. If Bush was responsible for the bailouts of the banks, and he would have bailed out the auto companies too, what exactly did Obama do that was so great that he can take credit for improvement in the economy?

The wage gap is increasing significantly. The US debt is increasing significantly. Gotta take the good with the bad if you want to credit Obama with the good.

wage gap is attributable to gop union busting. right to work has been a disaster in those states.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

again, i ask you and the other canadians to help participate in stopping these other world conflicts.

it is really easy to sit back and throw stones when your country has zero skin in the game.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

are you only 12?

you are saying obama is the biggest mistake of your life, you must have been born sometime since 2003.

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Solutions? Troops on the ground in Syria? Fight Putin. What would you have done differently?
    No,I'm not for boots on the ground in Syria,Putin,we could have handled with a more stern approach.My. Big issue with this admin is its Middle East policy,how it deals with allies including board favorite Israel.
    rgambs said:

And for the record, if you actually put your life on the line for your country, if are a US soldier, you are absolutely safer today than in 08.

This I do agree with.

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

again, i ask you and the other canadians to help participate in stopping these other world conflicts.

it is really easy to sit back and throw stones when your country has zero skin in the game.
    I agree with you on this and have been voting for the party that wants to participate! I am doing what I can! Unfortunately our country just elected the Canadian version of your current President...an empty suit who looks good but has zero experience. As far as the Loonie is concerned... it is not an accident that it has been tanking. Alberta elected the NDP while our federal government went liberal. All levels of government have decided to spend like crazy while the energy sector is being attacked from all sides. Foreign investors have taken notice of these facts and are fleeing out currency. At some point progressives have to realize the consequences of their oh so noble actions.
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

There is no evidence we are in any more danger either. There is a good bit of middle ground between world police and buried head. The middle ground is getting Bin Laden, drone strikes out the wazoo, bombing support, troops and bases in the region, etc. Not that I agree with all those things, but ISIS makes a few gains and suddenly our heads are buried?? No, that's just not true.

If this is the "good bit of middle ground" then we are all screwed.
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

The sky is falling!! The commies are coming to take your babies! The Moors are desecrating the baby Jesus!

edited January 2016
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

The sky is falling!! The commies are coming to take your babies! The Moors are desecrating the baby Jesus!

The earth is burning!! The sea levels are rising!! We're all going to drown if we don't get killed by a crazy white conservative in a mass shooting first!!

*The only difference between your post and mine is that mine will be the actual content of Obama's State of the Union address.
    Post edited by BS44325 on