So... 9 million views of "Sirens"...

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    :)

I didn't play the video much, but I still love the song. A sincere love song is a sincere love song.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144

See you again from Fast 7 Soundtrack by Wiz Kalifa has 682,000,000 YouTube views in 3 months to put the Sirens popularity in perspective.

rap is really big now. up there with pop. whether the song is good or not. it's going to get at least 50 million views. Sirens should have more views. But they're not out there promoting as much. So considering it's a good amount.
    I miss igotid88
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    igotid88 said:

See you again from Fast 7 Soundtrack by Wiz Kalifa has 682,000,000 YouTube views in 3 months to put the Sirens popularity in perspective.

rap is really big now. up there with pop. whether the song is good or not. it's going to get at least 50 million views. Sirens should have more views. But they're not out there promoting as much. So considering it's a good amount.
    Yep, makes me wonder what Jeremy or Smells Like Teen Spirit would have had if the was on YouTube in the early 90s. If MTV averaged 5.5 million viewers an hour and it was played 6 times a day, you could hit 1 billion views in a month without tracking.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23

igotid88 said:

rap is really big now. up there with pop. whether the song is good or not. it's going to get at least 50 million views. Sirens should have more views. But they're not out there promoting as much. So considering, it's a good amount.
    Yep, makes me wonder what Jeremy or Smells Like Teen Spirit would have had if the was on YouTube in the early 90s. If MTV averaged 5.5 million viewers an hour and it was played 6 times a day, you could hit 1 billion views in a month without tracking.
    i was about to post the same thing. Smells Like Teen Spirit has 270+ million views. But you see them around everywhere. Even though he's been dead for over 20 years. And with their RnR HOF induction. And you see young people wearing Nirvana t-shirts. I see 3 Nirvana shirts a day compared to 1 PJ every other week.
    I miss igotid88
  • wabela24wabela24 Posts: 20
    One main reason is Target has the Nirvana shirts ...and the young crew think its theri jim morrison
    I miss igotid88
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    igotid88 said:

epic!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    I did not care for the song until the Pittsburgh show..... Of the version I have heard I think it`s probably the best too, Pitt Infallible was killer too.
  • Did any song survive Avocado like "Just Breathe" and this did? World Wide Suicide maybe?

This is an instant classic. Cheese-filled but just great.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    TL170678 said:

I did not care for the song until the Pittsburgh show..... Of the version I have heard I think it`s probably the best too, Pitt Infallible was killer too.

Santiago, Chile is the best. The ending improv is nice!
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275

Did any song survive Avocado like "Just Breathe" and this did? World Wide Suicide maybe?

Marker is a masterpiece imo.
  • mr bungle said:

Did any song survive Avocado like "Just Breathe" and this did? World Wide Suicide maybe?

Marker is a masterpiece imo.
    Might be. But it hasn't reached out to the mainstream and wasn't released as a single (?) so it's sort of beside the point :)

(Gone is a masterpiece btw :))
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Has Sirens "survived"?? I haven't seen or heard a thing about it since the initial swell after its release. Not a peep.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    MAY I PLEASE SHOUT and redirect you all to my insightful and amazing thread about Pearl Jam and Youtube views!!!!!!! SHOUT AT THE DEVIL! SHOUT AT MY COFFEE!! REFILL AND SHOUT AT MY COFFEEEEEEEEEE!

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/217742/by-the-numbers-pearl-jam-views-on-youtube-interesting

The golden thread. Eat your heart out champs. I am not DJ Jazzy Jeff, but hey.... maybe someday.
    COFFEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeeeee
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
    PJ_Soul said:

Has Sirens "survived"?? I haven't seen or heard a thing about it since the initial swell after its release. Not a peep.
    Didn't become as big as Just Breathe. But at least got some airplay. I believe was #1 on the Triple A chart like JB.
    I miss igotid88
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    A good song, but IMHO, Pearl Jam has done much better. I prefer it to "Just Breathe", also.

Have never taken the time to watch the video! Perhaps I shall do that this weekend.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
    20 million
    I miss igotid88
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    igotid88 said:

20 million

Great!
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    They actually played sirens pretty well the last 2 shows
    3 years ago today. And now 21 million. We need to make this go viral again
    I miss igotid88
  • camel1206camel1206 Chicago Posts: 65
    When they played it at Garden, I couldn't help but look around to see any reactions, seemed to me to be no reaction one way or the other. I don't mind the song, I believe it was stated before, had YouTube existed 20 years ago, can only imagine the views those early songs would have.
    Chicago '13
    New York 1 & 2 '16
    Chicago 1 & 2 '16
    Temple of the Dog '16 - Los Angeles
  • camel1206 said:

When they played it at Garden, I couldn't help but look around to see any reactions, seemed to me to be no reaction one way or the other. I don't mind the song, I believe it was stated before, had YouTube existed 20 years ago, can only imagine the views those early songs would have.

Hmm. Weird. I thought this song was in the public consciousness. 20 million is a lot of views. Especially for Pearl Jam.
    I agree 20 million is nothing to sneeze at, but how many of those are someone listening to it for 30 seconds and moving on.

For those just discovering the band, that's great, maybe they will take the time to discover everything they have done. I think many of us can agree that the band has probably done 2 dozen better songs than this. Doesn't make Sirens any less of a song, just shows how great this band is.
    Chicago '13
    New York 1 & 2 '16
    Chicago 1 & 2 '16
    camel1206 said:

A lot of those people are there mostly for the Ten through Vitalogy songs.
    I miss igotid88
    I know, but after following setlist threads on here, collective groan by a few when Sirens was posted, I was curious if there would be any reaction.

I know when they didn't play it Wrigley 1, I figured it might get thrown in night 2.
    Chicago '13
    New York 1 & 2 '16
    Chicago 1 & 2 '16
    edited June 2017
    24 million, 3 million since last September
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    igotid88 said:
    You can't deny Sirens was a hit!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    igotid88 said:
    You can't deny Sirens was a hit!
    Bad music is a hit all the time. Have you listened to the radio lately.?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Beautiful song when it was released, beautiful song today.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    The best part of this song is the extended outro, which doesn't really happen in the U.S.. I like it because I can run to the bathroom, grab a beer and make it back in time for the next song. 
    NYPJ