Ku Klux Klan Members?

Comments

• Sure hope they don't try this with the black panthers, ISIS, pearl jam community. Everybody has something to hide and well, it isn't anonymous' job to out those things.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    g under p said:

So, in 1868, after a mob of Democrats massacred 300 Blacks and Republicans in Opelousas, Louisiana on September 28th, Republicans began writing and passed the anti-Ku Klux Klan Act effectively outlawing Democratic domestic terrorist groups. Hat Tip: The Miller Center:

On April 20, 1871, at the urging of President Ulysses Grant, Congress passed the Ku Klux Klan Act. Also known as the third Enforcement Act, the bill was a controversial expansion of federal authority designed to give the federal government additional power to protect voters. The act established penalties in the form of fines and jail time for attempts to deprive citizens of equal protection under the laws and gave the President the authority to use federal troops and suspend the writ of habeas corpus in ensuring that civil rights were upheld.

Founded as a fraternal organization by Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan soon became a paramilitary group devoted to the overthrow of Republican governments in the South and the reassertion of white supremacy. Through murder, kidnapping, and violent intimidation, Klansmen sought to secure Democratic victories in elections by attacking black voters and, less frequently, white Republican leaders.

enjoy.
    Godfather.

.......So the point of this post is what exactly?

Peace

education....I thought it might be helpful to everybody to have some idea of it's beginning, this way they can bash the KKK with their eyes open.

Godfather.

• Sure hope they don't try this with the black panthers, ISIS, pearl jam community. Everybody has something to hide and well, it isn't anonymous' job to out those things.

That list should include government too I guess.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

Sure hope they don't try this with the black panthers, ISIS, pearl jam community. Everybody has something to hide and well, it isn't anonymous' job to out those things.

a list of all the ten club members. :giggle:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

g under p said:

So, in 1868, after a mob of Democrats massacred 300 Blacks and Republicans in Opelousas, Louisiana on September 28th, Republicans began writing and passed the anti-Ku Klux Klan Act effectively outlawing Democratic domestic terrorist groups. Hat Tip: The Miller Center:

On April 20, 1871, at the urging of President Ulysses Grant, Congress passed the Ku Klux Klan Act. Also known as the third Enforcement Act, the bill was a controversial expansion of federal authority designed to give the federal government additional power to protect voters. The act established penalties in the form of fines and jail time for attempts to deprive citizens of equal protection under the laws and gave the President the authority to use federal troops and suspend the writ of habeas corpus in ensuring that civil rights were upheld.

Founded as a fraternal organization by Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan soon became a paramilitary group devoted to the overthrow of Republican governments in the South and the reassertion of white supremacy. Through murder, kidnapping, and violent intimidation, Klansmen sought to secure Democratic victories in elections by attacking black voters and, less frequently, white Republican leaders.

enjoy.
    Godfather.

Peace

education....I thought it might be helpful to everybody to have some idea of it's beginning, this way they can bash the KKK with their eyes open.

Godfather.

It matters none how the KKK began, through the years till now it is known what they stand for...HATE. That said they can and should be bashed with eyes open or closed.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586

Sure hope they don't try this with the black panthers, ISIS, pearl jam community. Everybody has something to hide and well, it isn't anonymous' job to out those things.

Pearl Jam community? So outing someone who sleeps with an Eddie Vedder pillow is the same as outing someone who belongs to a racist, violent organization? And since anonymous made it their job, I guess it is their job to out those things.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Eddie Vedder pillows. :)
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited November 2015
    and to think just a week or so ago some in this thread compared the KKK to ISIS :confused:

maybe anonymous should be outing ISIS members instead?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    pjhawks said:

and to think just a week or so ago some in this thread compared the KKK to ISIS :confused:

How about also?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

How about also?
    They're planning cyber attacks against ISIS:
    nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-terror-attacks/anonymous-hackers-declare-war-isis-video-message-n464116
    edited November 2015

PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

How about also?
    They're planning cyber attacks against ISIS:
    nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-terror-attacks/anonymous-hackers-declare-war-isis-video-message-n464116
    There ya go.

Things are rarely an either/or. Most people and groups can focus on more than one thing at the same time. ;)
    But that said, if Anonymous didn't have time or the desire to get into it with ISIS (I assume they will attempt to find communications, etc?), that would not make their investigation into KKK members any less righteous. I think it's worthwhile for them to have compiled a list of all those dangerous and hateful people. It seems like a good reference. I hope they keep adding to it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    g under p said:

g under p said:

enjoy.
    Godfather.

Peace

Godfather.

It matters none how the KKK began, through the years till now it is known what they stand for...HATE. That said they can and should be bashed with eyes open or closed.

Peace
    hate ? by who's standards ?.....I am no KKK fan either but is the word hate used to describe other opinions and ideas ? it seems that the word hate is used to describe anything that one has not been educated on.

to me "hate" is a very strong word and seldom if ever use it to describe anyone, don't get me wrong "hate" is very real but for me to say I hate means I'd wish the worst on that person or persons and before I could do that I would ne to be educated on their deeds and ideas.

Godfather.

• g under p said:

g under p said:

enjoy.
    Godfather.

Peace

Godfather.

Peace
    hate ? by who's standards ?.....I am no KKK fan either but is the word hate used to describe other opinions and ideas ? it seems that the word hate is used to describe anything that one has not been educated on.

to me "hate" is a very strong word and seldom if ever use it to describe anyone, don't get me wrong "hate" is very real but for me to say I hate means I'd wish the worst on that person or persons and before I could do that I would ne to be educated on their deeds and ideas.

Godfather.

By any reasonable person's standards, GF.

We're not talking about hating the Patriots, Creed, or the new backpack- in which case... 'hate' would be a little strong.

We're talking about a group of goods, wearing the stupidest things I've ever seen on a group of people, establishing values and maintaining their existence on the premise that people of color are inferior and a threat that needs to be addressed.

They're hating.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited November 2015

g under p said:

g under p said:

enjoy.
    Godfather.

Peace

Godfather.

Peace

Godfather.

Listen GF, I'm not the one who set the standard by which the KKK has lived through their actions against people of color and Jews over the years. The KKK has done this on their own and Ive seen them in action in Goose Creek SC when I was 15. They committed no crime...it was just speeches, chants and a secret cross burning rally in the deep woods. It was one of the scariest shit Ive ever seen, I never went back in those woods ever again and that was just in 1975.

So I don't need to be educated on the word hate, I don't like to use the word in any case in describing anyone or anything I like to use the word dislike. I dislike the Yankees, the Lakers, the Canadians or George W Bush unlike some who will hate the current President possibly you. However, when it comes to a group such as the KKK I feel it's quite appropriate to describe them as a group of hate. Their opinions and ideals ARE of hate against particular sets of people re educate yourself if you are not sure I KNOW I'm.
    THAT IS what they do and stand for against certain groups of people and things as such interracial relationships and marriage. It hasn't changed much in over 100 years so why should I change my thoughts of them no matter how I'm thought to be educated on their actions.

Peace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

g under p said:

g under p said:

enjoy.
    Godfather.

Peace

Godfather.

Peace

Godfather.

Listen GF, I'm not the one who set the standard by which the KKK has lived through their actions against people of color and Jews over the years. The KKK has done this on their own and Ive seen them in action in Goose Creek SC when I was 15. They committed no crime...it was just speeches, chants and a secret cross burning rally in the deep woods. It was one of the scariest shit Ive ever seen, I never went back in those woods ever again and that was just in 1975.

So I don't need to be educated on the word hate, I don't like to use the word in any case in describing anyone or anything I like to use the word dislike. I dislike the Yankees, the Lakers, the Canadians or George W Bush unlike some who will hate the current President possibly you. However, when it comes to a group such as the KKK I feel it's quite appropriate to describe them as a group of hate. Their opinions and ideals ARE of hate against particular sets of people re educate yourself if you are not sure I KNOW I'm.
    THAT IS what they do and stand for against certain groups of people and things as such interracial relationships and marriage. It hasn't changed much in over 100 years so why should I change my thoughts of them no matter how I'm thought to be educated on their actions.

Peace

You dislike Canadians? :no_mouth:
  • PJ_Soul said:

g under p said:

g under p said:

g under p said:

enjoy.
    Godfather.

Peace

Godfather.

Peace

Godfather.

Peace

He was talking about the habs.

PJ_Soul said:

g under p said:

g under p said:

g under p said:

enjoy.
    Godfather.

Peace

Godfather.

Peace

Godfather.

Peace

He was talking about the habs.
    Oh. CanadiEns. Big difference! ;)
  • RKCNDY said:

brianlux said:

"Last week, a group identifying itself as the online hacktivist collective "Anonymous" vowed to release contact information identifying 1,000 members of the Ku Klux Klan..."

"hacktivist"- what a great term! And good to know this is happening.

Though I'm not totally surprised or naive about the point, I'm a bit astonished that there is still so much racism in our society, enough to still keep a group like KKK going. In this day and age of fast spreading information, shared cultures and a relatively small world, this kind of nonsense is overdue to go away.

I dunno Brian...I wish racism would cease to exist as well, but I am well aware that it is alive and kicking. I really dislike going to Montana every year, in-laws are there so I'm obligated. The town I visit is not more mainstream like Missoula or Whitefish, but there are towns there that are so closed off to the outside world it's like stepping back in time, they literally resist change. Lots of the people there make it pretty obvious that 'colored folk' are not welcome...and underlying racism exists as well. Not as obvious, and most of the time you wouldn't really notice it, but sadly it does.

I read thru this whole thread today. And I am really thankful that we are "taking the year off" from driving back to my hometown in KS for the holiday. I always make comments to my spouse about "feeling the neanderthal force getting stronger" the farther we drive into the state. ;) Between the racism and the god/guns nuttiness, I am glad to be staying home.

And I saw this today, which seems to fit into this thread. I wonder if these guys were on Anonymous's list. https://splcenter.org/hatewatch/2015/11/10/fbi-virginia-men-arrested-firearms-charges-plotted-use-violence-incite-race-war
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes

RKCNDY said:

brianlux said:

"Last week, a group identifying itself as the online hacktivist collective "Anonymous" vowed to release contact information identifying 1,000 members of the Ku Klux Klan..."

"hacktivist"- what a great term! And good to know this is happening.

Though I'm not totally surprised or naive about the point, I'm a bit astonished that there is still so much racism in our society, enough to still keep a group like KKK going. In this day and age of fast spreading information, shared cultures and a relatively small world, this kind of nonsense is overdue to go away.

I dunno Brian...I wish racism would cease to exist as well, but I am well aware that it is alive and kicking. I really dislike going to Montana every year, in-laws are there so I'm obligated. The town I visit is not more mainstream like Missoula or Whitefish, but there are towns there that are so closed off to the outside world it's like stepping back in time, they literally resist change. Lots of the people there make it pretty obvious that 'colored folk' are not welcome...and underlying racism exists as well. Not as obvious, and most of the time you wouldn't really notice it, but sadly it does.

I read thru this whole thread today. And I am really thankful that we are "taking the year off" from driving back to my hometown in KS for the holiday. I always make comments to my spouse about "feeling the neanderthal force getting stronger" the farther we drive into the state. ;) Between the racism and the god/guns nuttiness, I am glad to be staying home.

And I saw this today, which seems to fit into this thread. I wonder if these guys were on Anonymous's list. https://splcenter.org/hatewatch/2015/11/10/fbi-virginia-men-arrested-firearms-charges-plotted-use-violence-incite-race-war
    Still can't open that link....

Peace

• Sorry. Don't know what went wrong there. Try this one. nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/11/fbi-arrests-two-men-plotting-race-war.html#
    "According to a count by the New America Foundation, more people have been killed on American soil by white extremists than by Muslim jihadists in the 14 years since 9/11."
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes

Sorry. Don't know what went wrong there. Try this one. nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/11/fbi-arrests-two-men-plotting-race-war.html#
    "According to a count by the New America Foundation, more people have been killed on American soil by white extremists than by Muslim jihadists in the 14 years since 9/11."

bullshit, and besides this country is under attack by these dirt bags and they need to be exterminated ...nothing less.
    yes I'm unhappy with all this crap.

Godfather.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited November 2015

Sorry. Don't know what went wrong there. Try this one. nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/11/fbi-arrests-two-men-plotting-race-war.html#

bullshit, and besides this country is under attack by these dirt bags and they need to be exterminated ...nothing less.

Godfather.

Bullshit???
    Wrong, it is fact.
    Is the truth important to you at all??

There was just a terrorist attack in the USA, last week... Did you hear about it?
    White terrorists shot 5 men at a black lives matter protest.

Oh, I forgot, according to your news sources it isn't terrorism unless there's a Muslim involved.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited November 2015
    Couldn't have said it better myself rgambs.

GF, if you can find actual numbers showing that more people in the USA have been killed by Muslim terrorists compared to white non-Muslim terrorists, please do post the link to actual substantiated evidence showing that. I'll bet you a million dollars you can't do it.

FYI, quoted from The New York Times, June 24th:

"Since Sept. 11, 2001, nearly twice as many people have been killed by white supremacists, antigovernment fanatics and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims: 48 have been killed by extremists who are not Muslim, including the recent mass killing in Charleston, S.C., compared with 26 by self-proclaimed jihadists, according to a count by New America, a Washington research center....
    Non-Muslim extremists have carried out 19 such attacks since Sept. 11, according to the latest count, compiled by David Sterman, a New America program associate, and overseen by Peter Bergen, a terrorism expert. By comparison, seven lethal attacks by Islamic militants have taken place in the same period."

We should also remember that many of the Muslims who did commit these acts were American too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    :bawling:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    edited December 2015
    rgambs said:

Godfather.

Bullshit???
    Wrong, it is fact.
    Is the truth important to you at all??

There was just a terrorist attack in the USA, last week... Did you hear about it?
    White terrorists shot 5 men at a black lives matter protest.

Oh, I forgot, according to your news sources it isn't terrorism unless there's a Muslim involved.
    Well it's sad to say that GF will have a hard finding it anywhere that radical Muslims kill more Americans than white non-Muslims. I gather it depends on where one gets their news source...some more than others publicize Muslim attacks more so than many white ones. It appears to capture more of an audience when a Muslim terriost has committed a crime of terror and mayhem.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/24/domestic-terrorism-charleston_n_7654720.html

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on

Now the Colorado shooter considered a domestic terriost and rightfully so....

http://www.inquisitr.com/2596610/colorado-springs-shooting-an-act-of-domestic-terrorism/

Peace

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Godfather.

facts are facts are facts are facts get over it the KKK are full of hate they have been since the beginning when were you born dude just read back into American history , you just can't rap your head around this fact that yes American's have killed more american then the brown muslims you are so afraid of ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    vaggar99 said:
    Wife and stepson arrested. They think the motive is that he wanted a divorce.

Once you've taste the life of luxury that is associated with being married to a Grand Wizard, there is no going back.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Jason P said:

vaggar99 said:
    Wife and stepson arrested. They think the motive is that he wanted a divorce.

Once you've taste the life of luxury that is associated with being married to a Grand Wizard, there is no going back.
    this is big news around here.

cops are saying son killed him at home and dumped the body by the river. wife is accused of helping clean up the blood evidence that was found in the bedroom. these two are not the brightest bulbs on the christmas tree.

the question that puzzles me is, are they heroes for killing a grand wizard?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."