Need help identifying unreleased TOTD footage

drewfussdrewfuss Posts: 12
edited November 2015 in The Porch
Towards the end of this video about Chris Cornell posted to AppleMusic is some footage of TOTD performing in the early 90's. The footage is pro shot with SBD audio in beautiful b&w. I've seen a ton of footage (being a huge fan of both bands) and I've never ever seen this. I've ruled out the Off The Ramp show by comparing this to the audience shot footage of that show (Chris is wearing a beret and the "90" shirt he would wear back then in the day). The footage is of Say Hello To Heaven, which I don't think was played much back then. Besides the Off The Ramp show most TOTD performances back then composed of Reach Down and Hunger Strike. You need Apple Music to view it. If the link doesn't work search Live Nation Tv in AppleMusic and it's the first video.

Watch “Chris Cornell: Set List” by Live Nation TV on @AppleMusic.
https://itun.es/us/EOM_-
"i'm only faking when i get it right"
Post edited by drewfuss on

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Welcome aboard! Hell of a first post, I highly doubt anyone on here knows, but I wish they'd get something out for it!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Thanks for the welcome! Been a long time fan. First show was Orpheum 94. Many,many shows since
    drewfuss said:

Thanks for the welcome! Been a long time fan. First show was Orpheum 94. Many,many shows since

Awesome! 94' is still my favorite era of the band. I'm going to try to access this footage. It's been awhile since I've seen anything.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Can't watch the Apple vid, so I'm pulling this out of thin air, but could the footage be from the Rip Magazine anniversary party in 1991?

From the Five Horizons/Two Feet Thick Concert Chronology:
    10/06/91 - Palladium: Hollywood, CA [35m]
    attendance: 4,000
    set: Wash, Once, Even Flow, Alive, Jeremy, Why Go, Porch
    notes: Ed comments that it was "a year ago tomorrow" since he met the band. This showcase gig (a 5th anniversary party for RIP Magazine) also featured Spinal Tap, Alice in Chains, Screaming Jets, Soundgarden and Thunder. A "special surprise guest" (rumored to be Metallica) was supposed to play, but it was announced that there was a mix up but the night wasn't over and, "... so the Seattle theme continues ... ladies and gentlemen, Temple of the Dog!" Now the crowd has dwindled to only 500 people, but three songs are performed: 'Hunger Strike,' 'Reach Down' and 'Pushin' Forward Back.'

Here's a pic from that night... Maybe you can match the outfits, etc.:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0c/25/b0/0c25b031ffafdd383fda91ac1f67b084.jpg

Here's an article: http://www.alternativenation.net/looking-back-at-1991s-rip-party-featuring-pearl-jam-alice-in-chains-soundgarden/

And I think there might be audio available out there from the show as well if you're researching.

"Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • drewfussdrewfuss Posts: 12
    edited November 2015
    Thanks Sarah! Problem is two things, one he isn't wearing the same thing there as in the footage. And two from what it looks they didn't play Say Hello to Heaven there. Some of that footage appears in the PJ20 doc, this footage I've never seen anywhere. My initial reaction was the Off The Ramp show which was pretty much the full album, but after viewing the amateur vid footage it's clear that this is from another show. Here is a screen grab I snapped of it. Wish I could somehow get it on YouTube so more people could view it and maybe help identify it!
    http://imgur.com/SzAjYqc
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    I don't know where it is from, but I just watched that TOD footage and I would give my left @#$% to have that entire footage! Wow that is some holy grail type stuff right there!
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• it is pretty amazing steved! Hence my curiosity about its origins! Looks like it was recorded to film, with that grainy analog feel. It's definitely pro shot and sbd recorded! My guess is that it's from the PJ vaults. When I get home I'm gonna record it off my big screen using appletv then I'll upload it to YouTube so more people can see it and help indentify it.
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited November 2015
    When you do that send me the link please! I can download from YouTube but not from Apple.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Sorry for the not the best quality. It wouldn't allow me to put it up on my appletv. You can get the jist of it from this though.
    https://youtu.be/UKayOE4tnR8
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    drewfuss said:

Sorry for the not the best quality. It wouldn't allow me to put it up on my appletv. You can get the jist of it from this though.
    https://youtu.be/UKayOE4tnR8

Wow, after that, now I need to find the rest of that show.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • My bet is in the PJ vaults. When was the b&w footage from PJ20 recorded? Is it possible this was played after that show at the same venue?
  • TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    could it be a soundcheck or something maybe
  • TL170678 said:

could it be a soundcheck or something maybe

It's possible. When was the Moore showed filmed, the one that has Alive from Mookie Blaylock in PJ20? I feel it was recorded from that show for some reason.
  • TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
  • RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    This footage is from Moore Theater in December 1990. Alive from pjs set is in pj20, aics set from that night was released as live facelift. Pretty sure this is soundcheck from that day.
  • RB90590 said:

This footage is from Moore Theater in December 1990. Alive from pjs set is in pj20, aics set from that night was released as live facelift. Pretty sure this is soundcheck from that day.

Sounds correct to me. All the footage you mentioned was in B&W. SG didn't play that day as well did they?
  • Thanks you beat me to the punch lol
    Man, this needs to be released. I wish they'd share more of these vintage pieces.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
  • I'm blown away, I never thought footage like this would exist, it's the holy grail.
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Pearl Jam's Twitter is now linking to the Cornell video! *LOL!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."