Pearl Jam Vinyl Bootlegs

ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
Hello everyone, so obviously Pearl Jam is big into the bootlegs, but I know vinyl bootlegs are harder to find than the CD's. I was recently in London and picked up about 5 or 6 bootlegs ranging from 1991-1998. I was simply wondering what are some common bootlegs on vinyl? Some really good ones and why? Post photos too I love to see them!
Thanks
2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 

Comments

• JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Vegas (soon to be vault #5)
    Soldier Field
    Radio Broadcast
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Im about 3 months away from caving and buying the bootleg studio albums
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    The Atlanta 1994 bootleg vinyl almost broke my needle when it slid all across the vinyl.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Chadplam said:

Hello everyone, so obviously Pearl Jam is big into the bootlegs, but I know vinyl bootlegs are harder to find than the CD's. I was recently in London and picked up about 5 or 6 bootlegs ranging from 1991-1998. I was simply wondering what are some common bootlegs on vinyl? Some really good ones and why? Post photos too I love to see them!
    Thanks

the Australian 1998 is a good quality one. just a white sleeve with the setlist, but it sounds great.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• wgwg Posts: 411

Chadplam said:

Thanks

the Australian 1998 is a good quality one. just a white sleeve with the setlist, but it sounds great.

Although incomplete, it's a great show.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Be careful. A lot of vinyl bootlegs are sourced from digital, so you're not really getting the benefit of higher fidelity.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

Chadplam said:

Thanks

Agreed. Especially for the price. I think I paid $20 for this.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

Be careful. A lot of vinyl bootlegs are sourced from digital, so you're not really getting the benefit of higher fidelity.

Exactly... digital source without the convenience of skip. Not much benefit in my mind.
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Vinyl bootlegs completely suck.. And I'm one crazy person that still collects these old unofficial bootlegs silver Cd's from the 90's.. Vinyl boots are only made because vinyl is goin big again in recent years, but I will never understand the point of buying that crap. At least, some live cd's from unofficial labels in the past did include some exclusive sources not available elsewhere.. Plus, I noticed in recent years bootleggers have become so much fuckin lazy.. Back in the days it was not rare that they sent tapers to the show they want to be bootlegged, for example.. Now it seems many assholes are just downloading a torrent or using a lossy source and just make a boot out of it.. Today I seen there are two incredibly lame Eddie Vedder boots on ebay: one is a rip from water on the road (I swear!), the other I'm pretty sure is from a lossy mp3 source of the 2012 Amsterdam 1 show.. Plus there is already the boot from Global Citizen fest, taken from the webcast or youtube.
    excuse the rant, again but i just think bootlegging had some kind of "dignity" in the past, now it completely sucks.
  • It looks like the Parachute (whoever they are) Label is bootlegging 2 PJ shows on vinyl in march. Chicago 1995 (2 volumes on 2 LPs each) and Atlanta 1994 (on 2 LPs). I hope the PJ camp doesn't go down the same road as with the Las Vegas show and choose Chicago95 or Atlanta94 as the next vault release - it's kinda pointless to release shows where we already have very good soundboard recordings out there.
  • SK203708SK203708 Posts: 48
    I received the bootlegs a couple of days ago. Today I spun Chicago '95. As to no surprise it's the radio-feed and has the sound-quality one can expect from a radoi-sourced bootleg. Nevertheless it's fun to listen to the recording and - for a bootleg - the sound is ok. The packaging is top-notch (the bootleg-label even put the records in the middle of the gatefold (before sealing the whole thing) to prevent seam slips. The pressings (Chicago has two clear LPs and two black ones - Atlanta has two blue LPs) are flat and very clean.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Self Pollution 1 is coming soon too.
  • BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    This original thread is 8 years old... 
    I was about to inquire about a complete list of unofficial Pearl Jam Vinyl Bootlegs but wanted to check to see if anyone had done this before. 

Seems to be some strong feelings about vinyl bootlegs.    Personally, whether they suck or not, I just enjoy playing vinyl.  I've got a Velvet Underground Bootleg and a Rolling Stones bootleg that are pretty rough fan recorded shows...   you've really got to play with the equalizer to even listen to them. 

But I think it's great. 

Since this was originally posted, Discogs has changed their policy on "Unofficial" Bootlegs and most of them are no longer available for purchase if you live in the US. 

I was lucky to buy/ find several "Unofficial" vinyl bootlegs before this and I was wondering where people are getting them now that Discogs doesn't allow them to be sold.    Also... is there a list of "Unofficial" bootleg vinyl?   

I can't find one, but here are the ones I have:

Melbourne, AU 3/5/1998 - LABEL- Suck On My Dick Presents
    State of Love and Trust - Complete MTV Unplugged- 3/16/1992 -  LABEL - Satori 
    Live at Civic Center Pensecola, FL = 3/9/1994 - NO LABEL
    Aladdin Theatre Radio Broadcast - 11/3/93 - LABEL - Let Them Eat Vinyl
    Spartan Stadium - 11/4/1995 - LABEL - Radio Sound Broadcast 
    Chicago - 1995 - LABEL - Parachute
    The Acoustic Broadcasts - October 30th - 31st 1999 - LABEL - Parachute
    Unofficial Benaroya Hall - 10/22/2003 - LABEL - No Label
    Drawing Pictures on Mountain Tops - Zurich - 6/18/1992 - LABEL - No Label 
    Seatle '95 - Self Pollution Radio - LABEL - Bad Joker 
    Yellowblood - Buenos Aires - 11/13/2011 - LABEL - SIEROX
    5 Alive - 2/22/1992 - LABEL - No Label 
    Live in Chicago - 3/28/1992 - LABEL - DOL
    Live at Fox Theatre - 1994 - LABEL - DOL 
    "Unofficial" Lost Dogs - LABEL - No Label 

I'm like a tab
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I have two bootlegs - the Melbourne (sounds pretty damn good) & the Benny bootleg. Although it sounds ok, I rarely listen to it. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    This original thread is 8 years old... 
    I was about to inquire about a complete list of unofficial Pearl Jam Vinyl Bootlegs but wanted to check to see if anyone had done this before. 

Seems to be some strong feelings about vinyl bootlegs.    Personally, whether they suck or not, I just enjoy playing vinyl.  I've got a Velvet Underground Bootleg and a Rolling Stones bootleg that are pretty rough fan recorded shows...   you've really got to play with the equalizer to even listen to them. 

But I think it's great. 

Since this was originally posted, Discogs has changed their policy on "Unofficial" Bootlegs and most of them are no longer available for purchase if you live in the US. 

I was lucky to buy/ find several "Unofficial" vinyl bootlegs before this and I was wondering where people are getting them now that Discogs doesn't allow them to be sold.    Also... is there a list of "Unofficial" bootleg vinyl?   

I can't find one, but here are the ones I have:

Melbourne, AU 3/5/1998 - LABEL- Suck On My Dick Presents
    State of Love and Trust - Complete MTV Unplugged- 3/16/1992 -  LABEL - Satori 
    Live at Civic Center Pensecola, FL = 3/9/1994 - NO LABEL
    Aladdin Theatre Radio Broadcast - 11/3/93 - LABEL - Let Them Eat Vinyl
    Spartan Stadium - 11/4/1995 - LABEL - Radio Sound Broadcast 
    Chicago - 1995 - LABEL - Parachute
    The Acoustic Broadcasts - October 30th - 31st 1999 - LABEL - Parachute
    Unofficial Benaroya Hall - 10/22/2003 - LABEL - No Label
    Drawing Pictures on Mountain Tops - Zurich - 6/18/1992 - LABEL - No Label 
    Seatle '95 - Self Pollution Radio - LABEL - Bad Joker 
    Yellowblood - Buenos Aires - 11/13/2011 - LABEL - SIEROX
    5 Alive - 2/22/1992 - LABEL - No Label 
    Live in Chicago - 3/28/1992 - LABEL - DOL
    Live at Fox Theatre - 1994 - LABEL - DOL 
    "Unofficial" Lost Dogs - LABEL - No Label 

My local shop took one in as part of a collection recently, so I took a chance on it. It sounds pretty good.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I bought the 2005 Gorge show on Vinyl last year.  Probably sourced from the CD, but I was at the show, so I thought it was a cool collectors item to buy.  Sounds pretty good.  I keep hoping the Seattle '98 show that circulates on bootleg cd's will get a bootleg vinyl.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I'm not sure why, but I have zero desire for bootleg vinyl. But I'm okay with an official, digitally sourced vinyl. One of those things I can't explain why.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mace1229 said:
    I'm not sure why, but I have zero desire for bootleg vinyl. But I'm okay with an official, digitally sourced vinyl. One of those things I can't explain why.
    I think that's the right perspective.  At least digitally sourced vinyl likely came from the original multitrack as opposed to a CD.  Plus PJ will have it professionally mastered, likely by someone we know their work, pressed at a quality plant and delivered in a quality sleeve.  Bootlegs suck.  I can't see one good reason for buying bootleg vinyl, personally. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    There are ALOT of Pearl Jam bootleg vinyl. Especially their albums pressed on many various colours. Pretty much all local record stores are selling them.