Options

Help buying acoustic/electric guitar

I'm looking for buy a acoustic/electric guitar, something in the $400 to $500 (Canadian) range,
I browsed a few like a Simon and Patrick, Epiphone Hummingbird, and Epiphone - L-00 Pro.

Looking for some advice/recommendations.

Comments

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    Used Martin is the way I would go. Check out the X-Series. They're made from alternative materials and the models with a "1" in the model number have solid spruce tops. Those models will continue to improve tonally over the years, unlike most other guitars in that price range with laminated tops.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Taylor 100 series
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I would steer you toward the wonderful acoustic guitars that Godin is making up in Canada. Seagull, Simon & Patrick, and Art & Lutherie. All are great guitars, and the pickup systems are pretty good. Alternatively, you could buy a straight acoustic, and then have a luthier or technician retrofit a good pickup system that you like. I have two acoustic/electrics, and one of them is an Art & Lutherie that I put a nice pickup into, and I love it.

Be willing to look at used models, you'll get more bang for your buck if you are willing to weed through finding the right one.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Great thanks for the info!