Happy Birthday, Ritual de lo Habitual!

dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
Happy 25th!

A desert island record for me. A goddamn masterpiece.

Let's pretend that Jane's Addiction never reunited and really went out with this stellar, revolutionary album.

A little read: (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/janes-addiction-break-down-ritual-de-lo-habitual-track-by-track-20150820).
I SAW PEARL JAM

Comments

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    *********For Dave's a jolly good fellow**********

Of Course
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOlwXZFpMBQ
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    Happy bday!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    Listening to it now. Great album for sure. I do like some of the stuff after they reunited though. I thought Strays was good for the most part.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    Awesome album!
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Silver Anni shows all weekend long. Rain tomorrow so skippin Stone Pony but Port Chester should be nice
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    edited July 2016
    Extra free ticket to the show with Dinosaur Jr. this Sunday at The Capitol Theater in Port Chester, NY, if anyone wants to come with.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • If anyone is unloading tix for the Stone Pony tomorrow let me know. I didn't think it would sell out and I waited too long. Thanks
  • Did anyone go to the Stone pony or Coney Island show? I noticed they played the same 14 song set each night. Was it worth it? Seems short. How long did they play? An hour 15? Thanks
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I have tix to the Chicago metro show for face if anyone wants them.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    The show this past weekend was absolutely fantastic. I'm a super casual Jane's fan, and really enjoyed myself. Shoutout to @Yefa for being a great concert buddy! Dinosaur Jr. rocked it, been wanting to see them for a while and they didn't disappoint. Perry's a phenomenal frontman, I loved his interaction with the crowd. All around a great night.
    ~not a dude~
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    samjam said:

The show this past weekend was absolutely fantastic. I'm a super casual Jane's fan, and really enjoyed myself. Shoutout to @Yefa for being a great concert buddy! Dinosaur Jr. rocked it, been wanting to see them for a while and they didn't disappoint. Perry's a phenomenal frontman, I loved his interaction with the crowd. All around a great night.

Do they still do the elaborate stage set up with half naked dancers?
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the ticket @samjam! It was great to meet you and see the show together. It was my first Jane's Addiction show and I really enjoyed their set. I'm a longtime Dinosaur Jr. fan and they were great as always. I look forward to seeing them again in September.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    Wma31394 said:

samjam said:

Do they still do the elaborate stage set up with half naked dancers?
    It wasn't necessarily an elaborate set up, just a platform in the back the dancers danced on. I knew to expect the half-naked women suggestively dancing, but I totally was not expecting the two women suspending from their backs for a song...that gave me the heebie-jeebies a bit!

Nevertheless a great show, they're a fun band to watch. I'd see them again for sure!
    ~not a dude~