I have no patience for................

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863

PJSiren said:

speed up slow down drivers....pick a damn consistant speed and drive it.....

That drives me nuts! Especially on the Intersate. I put my car on cruise, usually 5mph over the limit. I'll fly by someone only to have them fly by me a few miles down the road, only to fly by them once more a few more miles down. Like, how can you fluctuate your speed so much that my constant 70mph is leaving you in the dust at one point, and leaving me in the dust another, ad infinitum?
    Try being stuck BEHIND them on a two lane highway....talk about frustration....that's my route to and from work and it happens to me AT LEAST twice a week....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    slow internet
    i ran out of gig
    and have to wait a few
    days for it to be fast again
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Crabby people.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    deadendp said:

Crabby people.

Well forget you then also.

Do you ever stare at the sun
    and ponder why it burns so hot
    and then realize you are looking at the moon.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    people who don't know how to put cards back in the box correctly...I'm shuffling my Cards Against Humanity deck, and holy fuck, some people can be dense...put the black cards with the black cards, put the white cards with the white cards, look to see if they are all facing the same way...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RKCNDY said:

people who don't know how to put cards back in the box correctly...I'm shuffling my Cards Against Humanity deck, and holy fuck, some people can be dense...put the black cards with the black cards, put the white cards with the white cards, look to see if they are all facing the same way...

You sound like a person who's run a cash register at some point.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

You sound like a person who's run a cash register at some point.
    I don't care if the cards are turned 90* just make sure they are all facing the right way so the game is played fairly. One girl likes to cheat, we all catch her and call her out on it.

...and I despise balancing the till at the end of the day. Glad I don't have to do that anymore.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

deadendp said:

Crabby people.

Ani has taken up philosophy. Or weed.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

deadendp said:

Crabby people.

And thusly I ask, have you ever taken wings of butterflies and walked to the edge of the shore?
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    ...... Godot. I've been waiting for that doofus for too long.

deadendp said:

Crabby people.

Ani has taken up philosophy. Or weed.
    I have plenty of weed in my system at all times.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    There is philosophy. Just not the traditional type of philosophy.

Thread integrity: My neighbors keep their dog in a crate in their garage all night long. They think that it is funny that he has figured out how to angle himself to pee outside of the cage. Oh, and he barks all night long. Since it is in the garage with no vehicles or much stuff, it only amplifies the sound. It keeps my light sleeper husband up and makes him cranky.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    So I know I've said I work in health care. One of my work sites is sort of a residential facility for people with serious mental illness who can't live independently. On several occasions recently our clients have been missing money from their accounts where it is locked up and the inescapable conclusion is that it is a staff member stealing it.

Now bear in mind that these are incredibly vulnerable people who subsist on the already wholly inadequate disability pension doled out by our provincial government, and someone with a professional designation and a well paid job is STEALING from them??? You don't know how angry this makes me.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    deadendp said:

There is philosophy. Just not the traditional type of philosophy.

Thread integrity: My neighbors keep their dog in a crate in their garage all night long. They think that it is funny that he has figured out how to angle himself to pee outside of the cage. Oh, and he barks all night long. Since it is in the garage with no vehicles or much stuff, it only amplifies the sound. It keeps my light sleeper husband up and makes him cranky.

Tell them tI call me! Lol

So I know I've said I work in health care. One of my work sites is sort of a residential facility for people with serious mental illness who can't live independently. On several occasions recently our clients have been missing money from their accounts where it is locked up and the inescapable conclusion is that it is a staff member stealing it.

Now bear in mind that these are incredibly vulnerable people who subsist on the already wholly inadequate disability pension doled out by our provincial government, and someone with a professional designation and a well paid job is STEALING from them??? You don't know how angry this makes me.

That is the epitome of a low life shit bag!!! I used to work as a CNA pre-EMT training.. And we fired med nurses left and right for dipping into the patient meds... It was horrible!!
    "Frank and Amber, you can call WH and she'll tell you want to do to make your dog behave. Just never fear if you decide to text with her instead. Her auto correct has a mind of its own and sometimes turns out as a decoding mind exercise for you, but she knows her stuff and she'll tell you what to do!"

Girl, I wished I could have them call you. 1. You could give them a piece of your mind on LOCKING THE DOG IN A CRATE FOR 10+ HOURS.

That is why I don't have a dog. We aren't home enough and I'm not a crate girl.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

...... Godot. I've been waiting for that doofus for too long.

"Nothing to be done."

I SAW PEARL JAM
    deadendp said:

"Frank and Amber, you can call WH and she'll tell you want to do to make your dog behave. Just never fear if you decide to text with her instead. Her auto correct has a mind of its own and sometimes turns out as a decoding mind exercise for you, but she knows her stuff and she'll tell you what to do!"

Girl, I wished I could have them call you. 1. You could give them a piece of your mind on LOCKING THE DOG IN A CRATE FOR 10+ HOURS.

That is why I don't have a dog. We aren't home enough and I'm not a crate girl.

Well.. Psychologically, if done correctly, a crate is a WONDERFUL tool at an
    Owner's disposal.. But to hear that a dog must configure themselves in order to urinate OUTSIDE said crate is abuse! Then it becomes torturous, and they can effectively cause aggression in a normally stable and condfident dog. Some dogs, like my dad's dog Zoe, are very independent and actually prefer to be alone.. But generally most dogs crave affection and human proximities. Have you tried reporting them to animal control?
    edited August 2015
    No. I don't know that they know that what they are doing is abuse. They are nice and wonderful people. I think that they think what they are doing is perfectly normal and good for the dog. Blue is a bit of a spaz, but I'm thinking that Blue is that way because of the crate and being left in there that long.
    Post edited by deadendp on
    There could be several factors at play there.. How old is the dog? What breed(s) is he? Have they had him since a pup? Or was he brought in at an older age? When did they start implementing the crate into such extended use, or had it been throughout their ownership of said dog. Usually when a dog is unbalanced psychologically., it comes out like what you referred to as a spazz.. They have no physical stimulation, ( walking, training, interaction) on a consistent level, it turns into angst, fear, and most commonly aggression. So maybe talk to them? At least give them
    A chance to rectify this, before turning them in??

There could be several factors at play there.. How old is the dog? What breed(s) is he? Have they had him since a pup? Or was he brought in at an older age? When did they start implementing the crate into such extended use, or had it been throughout their ownership of said dog. Usually when a dog is unbalanced psychologically., it comes out like what you referred to as a spazz.. They have no physical stimulation, ( walking, training, interaction) on a consistent level, it turns into angst, fear, and most commonly aggression. So maybe talk to them? At least give them

If nothing else.. Refer them to this post! Poor doggie deserves a shot at a normal
    Life! ;-)
    Turtles. I hane no patience for tutles.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Puppers was adopted from an abusive situation. He is a mutt and came to them as a drop off with his face was all ripped up. He can be a good dog, but both Mark and I think that he needs to run and play. He's in the house or on the chain. They can't leave him in their tiny yard or he runs. They need to train him. He needs more interaction than putting him into the crate or putting him on the chain. My dad did with our German Shepherd. She was abused, but he worked with her. We lived on three acres and he walked the property line with her several times daily. He taught her the boundary. and she obeyed.
    Yes, dogs are very forgiving.. But there is an order that has to be set.. They're
    Like kids in that they need constant direction.. Poor dog.. I seriously wish I was there to help.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Rob
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

Rob

Slander
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • inmyNCinmyNC amongst many Posts: 243
    No patience for:

Dishonesty!!!
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited May 2016
    No patience for:

People's bullshit.
    People that assume that you can't see through their bullshit.
    People that talk too much.
    People that always need to be talking to somebody, otherwise they feel frightened.
    People that can't stay silent during a concert or when watching a movie.
    People that drain your energy.
    People that always need their ego stroked.
    People that try to control you.
    People that cut you off while driving.
    People without substance.
    People that don't listen.
    People that are afraid of being alone.
    People that are needy and clingy.
    People that always need attention.
    People that lie, cheat, and steal.
    People that think they know what's best for you.
    People that make assumptions.
    People that take everything personally.
    People that demand respect but don't deserve it.
    People that don't think for themselves.
    People that hate Mondays.
    People that change their hair color once a week.
    People that are unstable.
    People that are just like every other book on the shelf.

Forgetting your own train of thought.
    Losing things around the house.
    Losing another guitar pick or lighter.
    Odd numbers.
    Endless war.
    Broken guitar strings.
    :lol:

Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I have no patience for the inpatient fools I deal with everyday !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    People that take their dogs camping and let them piss and shit all over everybody's gear...tent, coolers, chairs, sleeping bags...

- Christopher McCandless