Possibly a dumb question...

whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
ok not to freak anyone out.. But I read EVERYONE's profiles. And I have noticed that one has 'points'. I was re roading profiles last night.. And came across an older one that still posts every so often., and before his post register was a claim of points: 2.

That was the only one I have come across. So far I can't find anyone else with 'points'
What is that? What does it mean? Anyone know? It's just a matter of curiosity so no big deal if there's no given answer. But I have fever run across that, until last night.

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Believe it or not.. I type better on my phone than a keyboard.. THAT is scary!!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Possibly a warning level?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

That's what I was wondering., the person with the 'points' was someone that I could see having multiple warnings.. So that was the first thing I thought of.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

That's what I was wondering., the person with the 'points' was someone that I could see having multiple warnings.. So that was the first thing I thought of.
    :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I think it is warning points. Under my profile, in the moderation tab, it shows my warnings with the point value assingned to it next to the date. I think I'm at 0. Unless they've given me a point or two that isn't documented.

I think it is warning points. Under my profile, in the moderation tab, it shows my warnings with the point value assingned to it next to the date. I think I'm at 0. Unless they've given me a point or two that isn't documented.

Hmmm I'll have to look at that? So if you've been 'banned' for your offense, I wonder if your points record starts over?
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

Hmmm I'll have to look at that? So if you've been 'banned' for your offense, I wonder if your points record starts over?
    I don't know. I didn't see that I had any points before or after getting banned.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited June 2015
    It wasn't warning points. I asked Kat when I saw that I had a couple. I can't really remember what she said, but it was a positive thing, not a negative thing. I think it was from when this new forum was still in testing mode, and for just a short time there was a kind of thumbs up feature, and that's what the points are about. Something like that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

It wasn't warning points. I asked Kat when I saw that I had a couple. I can't really remember what she said, but it was a positive thing, not a negative thing. I think it was from when this new forum was still in testing mode, and for just a short time there was a kind of thumbs up feature, and that's what the points are about. Something like that.

Lol, whichhhhhh might explain why I
    Have none! :wink:
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    My posts keep disappearing??
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,912
    JWPearl said:

My posts keep disappearing??

Are the posts in your draft folder?
    Click on "My Drafts" on the navigation sidebar. If you have the sidebar collapsed, you will need to click on the vertical separator to pull it back open.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    What does "visits" mean on my profile? And why do I have 22 of them?
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

I think that's the times you've visited here??
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    SD48277 said:

Whoa! I have 339 "visits". I feel like I'm being watched!
    [Checks to make sure socks match, fly is up.]

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• SD48277 said:

It updates only if you sign in (not when you were "remembered" via a cookie)

SD48277 said:

That's what I figured.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

SD48277 said:

Aahh...thank you.
    ELITIST FUK
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

Whoa! I have 339 "visits". I feel like I'm being watched!
    [Checks to make sure socks match, fly is up.]

:rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I know this is a dumb ??? but where does one find those smiley thingys? I found them awhile back by accident but I don't remember squat. I've tried and tried but I just can't find them.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Not a dumb question at all. We mourn the loss of our smiley menu. This is what was given to us to use.

https://blog.vanillaforums.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Yahoo_Emoticons.png

It works, but it isn't as convenient as having the little click/drop down menu of little faces. Maybe someday we'll have it back. :i_dunno:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    sea
    i messaged you back
    could you please read my pm
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    deadendp said:

Not a dumb question at all. We mourn the loss of our smiley menu. This is what was given to us to use.

https://blog.vanillaforums.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Yahoo_Emoticons.png

It works, but it isn't as convenient as having the little click/drop down menu of little faces. Maybe someday we'll have it back. :i_dunno:

Ah, thank you deadendp! I'll bookmark that!

Also, here's the link to our old smilie friends. They're a bit more work to access. You have to open the link, click on the little "action" gear of a specific smilie, go down to "view for resolution" and click on it which opens a link to that specific smilie, then copy and paste the URL into the "Image" box above and, voila, image

http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    PJ_Soul said:

:plus_one:

Falling down,...not staying down