The PJ Birthday List

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

So happy I was able to keep my user name, been P&E from day one here.

I was listening to your song yesterday and thought about you! :smile:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

I liked seeing the birthdays on the bottom of the forum homepage back n the day. I wish they would bring that back.

Aw man, totally remember that. Not until you mentioned it of course, but hell yeah, that was awesome. But that was before board changes/crashes where so many lost their user names. Back then, I recognized a good % of posters. It really was more like a family.

Trying to family it up a bit more. We shall celebrate you when July 26th rolls around. Not the same as the old forum stuff, but we try to make it homey here.
    All apologies!
  • brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

Or taking down the wall option on everyone's profile page so private messages aren't mistakenly posted to the public wall?

Great ideas both. Let's do it 10C!

You can delete messages on your wall. An x appears when you move your cursor to the top right corner of the message.

Bringing back a bday section is good idea. good thread!

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

brianlux said:

SD48277 said:

Or taking down the wall option on everyone's profile page so private messages aren't mistakenly posted to the public wall?

Great ideas both. Let's do it 10C!

You can delete messages on your wall. An x appears when you move your cursor to the top right corner of the message.

Bringing back a bday section is good idea. good thread!

Would you like to be included on that bday section? I don't believe that I have yours.
    hedonist said:

deadendp said:

I liked seeing the birthdays on the bottom of the forum homepage back n the day. I wish they would bring that back.

Aw man, totally remember that. Not until you mentioned it of course, but hell yeah, that was awesome. But that was before board changes/crashes where so many lost their user names. Back then, I recognized a good % of posters. It really was more like a family.

Trying to family it up a bit more. We shall celebrate you when July 26th rolls around. Not the same as the old forum stuff, but we try to make it homey here.
    All apologies!
    I knew someone would catch me on that. ;)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    I loved it too when the birthdays were shown on the bottom of the page. It made you feel special when your name was up there on your day :) Nice idea, deadend :plus_one: The birthday threads are always fun.

This is a nice idea. Thank you for organizing this, deadendp. Mine is August 2.

Happy belated! :joy:
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2015
    Sure
    May 17
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    hedonist said:

Agreed with you folks!

I'm not one to "celebrate" my birthday (though my mom insists otherwise :angry: ) but it's really nice to extend good wishes to others.

For myself I don't like to make a big deal out of my birthday but I do like to celebrate others for sure. I gather I like to put other people before myself most times.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Great idea op. I'm 1/9.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769

How sweet, makes me smile. :).

This thread takes me back to the beginning of this forum (for me) and life altering changes. So many great people, life long friends, road trips, late nights,, awesome shows and, unfortunately, loss.

Sounds like life as it should be.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to hijack your thread. It tugged at the old heartstrings, and for that I thank you.

How sweet, makes me smile. :).

This thread takes me back to the beginning of this forum (for me) and life altering changes. So many great people, life long friends, road trips, late nights,, awesome shows and, unfortunately, loss.

Sounds like life as it should be.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to hijack your thread. It tugged at the old heartstrings, and for that I thank you.
    No apologies needed. I've heard a lot of stories of people reminiscing of the days of the previous forum, people split off and gone other ways and so forth. The birthday listings is something that kept popping up. I have a texting buddy with a birthday coming up and I simply wanted to confirm her birthdate. Boom! It was no longer on her profile. I checked others who I knew had it listed. It wasn't there, either. This is my fix.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Lovely thread. I do miss the birthday announcements too...kinda made it fun when we would see Kat/Sea/Santos on the birthday list, and we'd all wish them a happy day, and they would actuallyspots a thank you.

Too bad this forum strips the dates from posts completely,otherwise it would be easy to look people up and see when their birthday is/was.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Great idea!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited August 2015
    RKCNDY said:

Lovely thread. I do miss the birthday announcements too...kinda made it fun when we would see Kat/Sea/Santos on the birthday list, and we'd all wish them a happy day, and they would actuallyspots a thank you.

Too bad this forum strips the dates from posts completely,otherwise it would be easy to look people up and see when their birthday is/was.

I did find Santos and Kat. I didn't find Sea. Shall I add them in?

Edit: I found the birthday threads for them, but since it isn't within the year, there are no actual dates. :frowning:
    Post edited by deadendp on
    deadendp said:

RKCNDY said:

Sure! I think they secretly like it...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

deadendp said:

RKCNDY said:

Sure! I think they secretly like it...
    Need to find out how to track down the actual dates now that those seem to be gone.
    I have no clue how to find old threads. Could be because I never really made an effort.

Seeing some "old" timers in this thread. Nice.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited August 2015
    deadendp said:

I juggled so many birthdays, I didn't remember that one was yours. Someone shares one with Hitler. One of our Canadian peeps. Can't remember which one, though.

Hitler was 4/20.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2015

deadendp said:

I juggled so many birthdays, I didn't remember that one was yours. Someone shares one with Hitler. One of our Canadian peeps. Can't remember which one, though.

Hitler was 4/20.
    Yeah, that would be me..... Could think about Hitler, but prefer thinking about getting high on that date, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Great thread going here. Sure would like to the birthdays listed like they used to be. We'll just have to keep this one bumped for a while and see what happens.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I thought I had posted in that shared birthdays thread - I have the same bday as Michael Jackson, and Badbrains, apparently lol.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    I think for forum people I share a birthday with Dirty Frankk (or Fraank). Can't confirm because the birthdays are missing.

- Christopher McCandless
    brianlux said:

Great thread going here. Sure would like to the birthdays listed like they used to be. We'll just have to keep this one bumped for a while and see what happens.

Hahaha.

Bump
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Right?? I miss tge birthdays list too!
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    great idea 9/13
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Awesome idea DP. Thank you for doing this.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • deadendp said:

This is a nice idea. Thank you for organizing this, deadendp. Mine is August 2.

Happy belated! :joy:
    Thank you. I appreciate the Birthday wishes. image
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    deadendp said:

I miss it too! Thanks for doing this, but maybe we need an **offical** petition or something?

I've requested that the mods consider making it a sticky on AET. It would be far more convenient than having to hunt this thread down all of the time.
    :plus_one:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Great idea..Jan 9 here..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    deadendp said:

RKCNDY said:

Edit: I found the birthday threads for them, but since it isn't within the year, there are no actual dates. :frowning:
    I know, that part is ultimately frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.