The PJ Birthday List

deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
edited February 2017 in All Encompassing Trip
I've noticed that the birthday portion of the profiles is gone. Down here in the basement, we like to give birthday shout-outs to people.If you would like for your birthday to be listed here so that we can give you the proper degenerate birthday greeting, just go ahead and comment. I'll try to keep this top listing updated. If your birthday is listed here and you'd rather not, just PM me and let me know. I'll make sure to take it out.

January
5- jnimhaoileoin
8- dankind
9- FoxyRedLa
9- 23scidoo
16- hauntingfamiliar
26- eeriepadave
27- ehbacon

February
5- KC138045
7- PJForceofNature
13- leekstokie

March
10- g under p
17- SVRDhand13
30- bhealy

April
15- Enkidu
20- PJ_Soul
20- njnancy

May
7- nothinasitseems
10- Northerndragon
11- HesCalledDyer
11- Pearl34Jam
17- SmallestOceans
21- Leezestarr313
27- gimmesometruth27
31- Hobbes

June
9- Amongst The Ani
10- Chadwick
18- lolobugg
23- mfc2006

July
1- ladyrollings
2- Annafalk
5- Whispering Hands
6- The Tiki Bomb
9- florence151
26- PureandEasy
30- DerbyDave

August
2- Asterisk on the Street
5- brianlux
15- RKCNDY
16- Drowned Out
17- DCFaithful
18- Wobbie
23- deadendp
29- badbrains
29- ldent42
31- dimitrispearljam

September
2- Given To
5- BLACK35
8- oceaninmyeyes
13- Nami
16- rival
18- kw18
26- Who Princess

October
2- FrankieG
3- Black Diamond
4- InHiding80
10- SD48277
14- watchtheflames
18- Green Circle
18- Speedy
22- Pearl Jam :rock_on:
22- PJSiren
27- samjam
28- RogueStoner
31- Pap

November
9- goldrush
17- shetellsherself
22- Empty
22- Gillycw

December
4- Poncier
6- JTH
15- bluegrace
19- The Waiting Trophy Man
31- WhatYouTaughtMe

Should there be any wrong dates, misspellings or so forth, just PM me and I'll fix it.
2014: Cincinnati
2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
Post edited by deadendp on

Comments

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    This was very nice, Deadendp :peace:
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I'm bummed the birthday part of the profile is gone. I used to check it regularly. Before my time, there was some type of update on here somewhere that told people when it was someone's birthday. Just trying to keep the love here on AET.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Nice idea! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Wonderful work. :plus_one:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Agreed with you folks!

I'm not one to "celebrate" my birthday (though my mom insists otherwise :angry: ) but it's really nice to extend good wishes to others.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    deadendp said:

I'm bummed the birthday part of the profile is gone. I used to check it regularly. Before my time, there was some type of update on here somewhere that told people when it was someone's birthday. Just trying to keep the love here on AET.

it was at the bottom of the board regardless if you were logged in or viewing as a guest

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I liked seeing the birthdays on the bottom of the forum homepage back n the day. I wish they would bring that back.
    hedonist said:

Agreed with you folks!

I'm not one to "celebrate" my birthday (though my mom insists otherwise :angry: ) but it's really nice to extend good wishes to others.

I understand. :frowning:
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

I liked seeing the birthdays on the bottom of the forum homepage back n the day. I wish they would bring that back.

Me, too. And if they are looking to free up space...how about removing the activity bar on the far left side? Or taking down the wall option on everyone's profile page so private messages aren't mistakenly posted to the public wall?
    ELITIST FUK
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I miss that feature as well. I think everyone asked to get it back after the switch to a new format/vendor.

I would guess that it just ain't possible with the system that they are using/to which they have subscribed. If it was, I think they would've added it. After all, they were fairly responsive to a lot of the early feedback and accommodated some requests (lights down, etc.) -- probably the ones that they could.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    wow...nice job putting that list together.

And I agree with others, the b-days at the bottom of the page was a nice feature
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited August 2015
    I miss it too! Thanks for doing this, but maybe we need an **offical** petition or something?
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    edited August 2015
    Hey, so my birthday is in September? Great, that means a second set of presents!

Seriously, it's not September but thanks for making the list.

Edit - I checked what I posted in the who do you share your birthday with thread and yes, it looks like the info I gave was incorrect although I'm not sure how. I'm fairly certain of my birthday so my googling skills must have failed me.
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Hey, so my birthday is in September? Great, that means a second set of presents!

Edit - I checked what I posted in the who do you share your birthday with thread and yes, it looks like the info I gave was incorrect although I'm not sure how. I'm fairly certain of my birthday so my googling skills must have failed me.

Maybe you just liked those people to share a birthday with better instead! ;)

I miss it too! Thanks for doing this, but maybe we need an **offical** petition or something?

I've requested that the mods consider making it a sticky on AET. It would be far more convenient than having to hunt this thread down all of the time.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I got the sense that the vanilla forum just doesn't allow that option of having the bdays posted like that. The platform is pretty limiting.. I think 10C would already do it if they could.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    deadendp said:

Ayatollah Khomeini? Yeah, he and I are best buds. :smiley:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited August 2015

deadendp said:

Ayatollah Khomeini? Yeah, he and I are best buds. :smiley:
    I juggled so many birthdays, I didn't remember that one was yours. Someone shares one with Hitler. One of our Canadian peeps. Can't remember which one, though.
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Great idea deadenddp. You just missed me: 8/5 (not fishing for belated's) . Nice to see who the other Leo's are out there!
    SD48277 said:

Me, too. And if they are looking to free up space...how about removing the activity bar on the far left side? Or taking down the wall option on everyone's profile page so private messages aren't mistakenly posted to the public wall?
    Great ideas both. Let's do it 10C!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

Great idea deadenddp. You just missed me: 8/5 (not fishing for belated's) . Nice to see who the other Leo's are out there!

SD48277 said:

Great ideas both. Let's do it 10C!

But you were in the archives! :joy:
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    I miss it too. Mine is April 15, tax day and the day the Titanic sank. Remember when 10C used to send you a birthday message (back when it was the Message Pit)?
    Ahh. 10c sent a message? :frowning: That would be nice! Come on, 10c! Bring back the birthday celebrations! Please?
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    deadendp said:

Ahh. 10c sent a message? :frowning: That would be nice! Come on, 10c! Bring back the birthday celebrations! Please?

It's next to me - on my bulletin board. Dated 2005. "Hello Enkidu, We at Pearl Jam Message Pit would like to wish you a Happy Birthday today!"

(Clearly I am as old as dirt.)
    I tell my mama some dirt, not all dirt. ;)
  • GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    Nice idea! I love a birthday greeting, makes me feel all warm & fuzzy & shit

Mine's nov 22
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    edited August 2015

Aw man, totally remember that. Not until you mentioned it of course, but hell yeah, that was awesome. But that was before board changes/crashes where so many lost their user names. Back then, I recognized a good % of posters. It really was more like a family.

• This is a nice idea. Thank you for organizing this, deadendp. Mine is August 2.

Aw man, totally remember that. Not until you mentioned it of course, but hell yeah, that was awesome. But that was before board changes/crashes where so many lost their user names. Back then, I recognized a good % of posters. It really was more like a family.

Trying to family it up a bit more. We shall celebrate you when July 26th rolls around. Not the same as the old forum stuff, but we try to make it homey here.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    So glad to see this. I always enjoyed wishing people happy birthday. Thanks, deadendp. :joy:
    I'm September 26.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    deadendp said:

Trying to family it up a bit more. We shall celebrate you when July 26th rolls around. Not the same as the old forum stuff, but we try to make it homey here.
    It's getting better, after the big board change, user names looked like electronic IDs or prison cell assignments. :).

So happy I was able to keep my user name, been P&E from day one here.
This discussion has been closed.