Custom Picks

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
So I got really bored with my standard yellow tortex picks. I have been playing with them for years. After awhile they started to get expensive having to buy a few bags of them every couple of months.

I started trying different picks made from different materials and settled on hard pearloid picks. Those were even more expensive than the tortex, but I really liked them.

I looked into prices on custom guitar picks. I found this website http://www.pickworld.com/ and did some pricing.

I got 200 double sided picks with my design on either side and it came out to like $85 shipped. This was much cheaper than buying 200 of the tortex or pearloid, and they were my own design. The turnaround time was about 7 days. I have been really happy with them, and they have been a good promotional tool for my band. The other guys in the band like them and they have been looking into designing their own too. Some pics are below.

Does anyone else have their own picks? If so, where did you have them made? Are you happy with them? Post your pics of picks in this thread.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Back in 2006, I used to use a sharpie on my tortex ones. I'd write the band name and then my name on the otherside.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    My wife had some picks made for me that have our daughter's thumb print on one side and her index and middle finger prints on the other side. I can't bring myself to use them and risk losing or destroying any of them. Cool to have, though.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    dudeman said:

My wife had some picks made for me that have our daughter's thumb print on one side and her index and middle finger prints on the other side. I can't bring myself to use them and risk losing or destroying any of them. Cool to have, though.

that is a pretty awesome idea. have you got a photo to post?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I don't but I'll see if I can get some. They are in a shrink-wrapped package that I'm reluctant to open.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    that would be pretty sweet. don't open them if you are having doubts about it. it is just a thread on a message board, ya know? :)