I have no patience for................

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

I know it's been mentioned, but people who do ALL their banking at the drive-thru ATM. Either go inside or go to one of the teller lanes (even that's annoying). I just want to get my $60 so I can buy weed and go the hell home.

Damn...you pay $60?!!??!?!
    I pay anywhere from $50 to $80 depending on the strain. I wonder whether it being fully-legal as it is in WA makes a difference?

our taxes are high (and so are the people that decided on how much to tax), supposedly, taxes will be more structured, and go down. Everything is tested, organic (in the sense of zero synthetic chemicals) and guaranteed in weight-super primo stuff too. I spent $65 the other day and that included $20.66 in taxes.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

I know it's been mentioned, but people who do ALL their banking at the drive-thru ATM. Either go inside or go to one of the teller lanes (even that's annoying). I just want to get my $60 so I can buy weed and go the hell home.

I pay anywhere from $50 to $80 depending on the strain. I wonder whether it being fully-legal as it is in WA makes a difference?

$50 - $80 for what? An 1/8?? That would be really pricey for any strain. But if you're talking 1/4 that's normal-within reason.
    Yup, for an eighth. And my place even absorbs the taxes!

RK, the quality of the place I go to is excellent from service to product; just hope the prices go down some when it's recreationally legal here.
    Hedo- yeah, the issue here is that the initiative is going to shut down medical, they didn't separate the two. So that's why they will slash taxes, but I can still see those that have cards wanting to keep prices low. It's so much cheaper there than at the retail shops.

The place I went to figures in the taxes, so when you pick off the menu, that's the price you pay...no surprises.

I'll PM you the site if you want to know prices hedo, if you ever come out, I'll take you, it's a trip.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Prices here for the medical community are pretty even with the black market prices for top shelf. The costs just to open a dispensary are insane with the costs being passed down to the card holders. When we first passed the medical law they went with a collective model. Patients selling to other patients via these store fronts with the collective getting to keep a small vig for providing the service. That was for the first couple of years and then the dispensary model kicked. Only 1 dispensary per 25 square miles and everyone lost the right to grow on their own. Prices went way up when that happened as the dispensaries controled the market as there were a lot less of them.

We did have one place that was supposed to be the future of the market but they went out when the dispensaries kicked in. It was a massive warehouse of grow tents. You rented one or more grow tents for a fee and choose what strain/s to grow. They had staff on hand to help you with caretaking. You just had to go once a week so it qualified as you growing it. They cared for your plants on the other days. They had security as well to kep your crops safe. When the crop was ready you picked how much to keep for yourself, how much to trade for other strains and how much to sell through their store front. High times did a piece on them saying it was the future model for the market. They went away though and the idea died. It was somewhat of a hippie way of doing it which was awesome.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I have never, not once in my life, seen the prices you guys are talking about.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited July 2015

Prices here for the medical community are pretty even with the black market prices for top shelf. The costs just to open a dispensary are insane with the costs being passed down to the card holders. When we first passed the medical law they went with a collective model. Patients selling to other patients via these store fronts with the collective getting to keep a small vig for providing the service. That was for the first couple of years and then the dispensary model kicked. Only 1 dispensary per 25 square miles and everyone lost the right to grow on their own. Prices went way up when that happened as the dispensaries controled the market as there were a lot less of them.

We did have one place that was supposed to be the future of the market but they went out when the dispensaries kicked in. It was a massive warehouse of grow tents. You rented one or more grow tents for a fee and choose what strain/s to grow. They had staff on hand to help you with caretaking. You just had to go once a week so it qualified as you growing it. They cared for your plants on the other days. They had security as well to kep your crops safe. When the crop was ready you picked how much to keep for yourself, how much to trade for other strains and how much to sell through their store front. High times did a piece on them saying it was the future model for the market. They went away though and the idea died. It was somewhat of a hippie way of doing it which was awesome.

It actually sounds like a pretty cool process they had. Sad that it went away.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    RKCNDY said:

Hedo- yeah, the issue here is that the initiative is going to shut down medical, they didn't separate the two. So that's why they will slash taxes, but I can still see those that have cards wanting to keep prices low. It's so much cheaper there than at the retail shops.

The place I went to figures in the taxes, so when you pick off the menu, that's the price you pay...no surprises.

I'll PM you the site if you want to know prices hedo, if you ever come out, I'll take you, it's a trip.

Should we ever make it up there (I spent an hour once at Sea-Tac for a layover - looked awfully pretty from the sky!), I shall take you up on your kind offer. Thank you :)

Ani, that process sounds great, especially since my attempts at growing have failed miserably.

Dyer, maybe it's region-related? I do get a great price-break on bulk, but this chick needs variety!
  • Reading sub-conversations in threads you want to participate in.
    edited July 2015
    Edited in good spirit :)

I have no patience waiting another 20 minutes for our pizza to arrive.

(also edited, the pizza wasn't necessarily sub-par, but not over-par. Just par)
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Switch over of management to a co-management team. The most asinine idea ever. My coworker, the one I was pulling for, is well qualified, but the owners and current management didn't want the other applicant to leave. They have been grooming her for this position, thinking it was a position for one. (As it should be.) She has been given preferential treatment. Most of us don't think the correct decision was made, but we have to suck it up. Toni is loving, understanding and very well versed in the world of art. (She has a masters, was a college prof, is active in the art community . . . ) Whereas Jessica is entitled, elitist (no, she wouldn't fit in here), snobby, condescending and though she has been employed where I work longer, she just doesn't have the experience that Toni has. Despite all this, they have groomed Jessica for this position, making her feel all superior and leaving Toni out in the cold. When management had the final meeting last Thursday to announce who received the job, Jessica did much of the presentation. Um, she was one of the job candidates who admitted to one of the managers that the only reason she wanted a manager position was because she feels that when the owner's wife dies, the gallery will close and she wanted to put a higher level position on her resume. You might think of things like that, but you don't actually verbalize that sort of thing!

In the end, I believe that Jessica will be a power hungry pain in the ass and will try to drive Toni out, as it looks like that is what she is doing now anyhow. :angry:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2015
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

$50 - $80 for what? An 1/8?? That would be really pricey for any strain. But if you're talking 1/4 that's normal-within reason.
    Wow... Well that's up to more than DOUBLE the usual price! With weed being that expensive, one of its best qualities - affordability - goes right out the window. :frowning:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

Wow... Well that up to more than DOUBLE the usual price! With weed being that expensive, once of its best qualities - affordability - goes right out the window. :frowning:
    Yeah, I have never been to a retail pot shop in Washington, yet. I can't get over the inflated prices due to the taxes RKCNDY mentioned. We get ours at a few dispensaries - good quality, great variety of strains, and good prices. I usually pay $25 - $30 for an 1/8..
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

Yeah, I have never been to a retail pot shop in Washington, yet. I can't get over the inflated prices due to the taxes RKCNDY mentioned. We get ours at a few dispensaries - good quality, great variety of strains, and good prices. I usually pay $25 - $30 for an 1/8..

how much are pre-rolls?

- Christopher McCandless
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    RKCNDY said:

jeffbr said:

how much are pre-rolls?
    I don't usually buy pre-rolls, but we sometimes get one thrown in with a purchase. I think they usually go for around $5, unless you're talking about those cavi cones. Those are more like $15, but they take top shelf bud, infuse it with hash oil, and dust with kief. I lose cognitive abilities after one of those. lol.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

RKCNDY said:

jeffbr said:

how much are pre-rolls?
    I don't usually buy pre-rolls, but we sometimes get one thrown in with a purchase. I think they usually go for around $5, unless you're talking about those cavi cones. Those are more like $15, but they take top shelf bud, infuse it with hash oil, and dust with kief. I lose cognitive abilities after one of those. lol.
    hmmm...then the price wasn't so bad. Supposedly they have some of the lowest prices, I got 3 cones for $20. 1gm each.

- Christopher McCandless
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    hedonist said:

I have no patience for people who get delivery pizza :wink:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Pedestrians who act like squirrels when crossing the road. Pick a side and stick with it, FFS.
    ELITIST FUK
    imalive said:

hedonist said:

Hey! DiGiorno sucks =)

SD, I'm with ya - and that also applies to the ones I'm trying to walk around on the sidewalk, at the store, etc.

Newsflash: YOU SHARE THE WORLD WITH OTHERS!

I wish I had the cojones to tell them that.
    people at the store that try to run you over with their cart, or just blatantly cut in front of you nearly taking off your toes.

I call them out, I will say, "excuse you!" loudly enough for them to hear.

- Christopher McCandless
    hedonist said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

Hey! DiGiorno sucks =)

just get off your ass and go get the damn pizza! :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY said:

people at the store that try to run you over with their cart, or just blatantly cut in front of you nearly taking off your toes.

I call them out, I will say, "excuse you!" loudly enough for them to hear.

my friend has got her foot in a cast/boot combo and is walking with a cane. I have seen a new side of humanity being out in public with her. It's kind of amazing how rude and inconsiderate and just downright hostile some people are.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    People who write in and underline sentences in Library books. Who cares what you think is important. Don't deface the book!
    Hold On
    imalive said:

hedonist said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

Hey! DiGiorno sucks =)

By the time I realize I want pizza, I'm too damn high to drive!

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    My bloody job today! Really people I had one project to complete before my vacation why must you dump crap you messed up on me when I leave in 36 hrs.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

People who write in and underline sentences in Library books. Who cares what you think is important. Don't deface the book!

I'll add to that: people who fold the corners of pages in books. How hard is it to get a bookmark? Just stick a piece of paper in between the pages to hold your place.
    ELITIST FUK
    hedonist said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

imalive said:

hedonist said:

Hey! DiGiorno sucks =)

By the time I realize I want pizza, I'm too damn high to drive!

OK, then.

but, I would figure a digiorno would be good enough for your munchies.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

My bloody job today! Really people I had one project to complete before my vacation why must you dump crap you messed up on me when I leave in 36 hrs.

There was one girl I worked with, and I knew her little stupid games (always coming to me right before I leave)...so I would send an email to the group, "I have an appointment today and will be leaving at 2pm, and issues or concerns, please see me before 1:30pm" She would still come to me at 1:55, "I need help with this"-it was always something that would take half an hour to do. I would tell her, "look, I sent out this email, I have a read receipt that you read it at 8:30am, you sit in front of me, you had all day..."

then she'd run to the supervisor and cry that I wasn't being a 'team player'. image

- Christopher McCandless
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    flies
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2015
    SD48277 said:

I'll add to that: people who fold the corners of pages in books. How hard is it to get a bookmark? Just stick a piece of paper in between the pages to hold your place.
    I am guilty. I dogeared every book I ever read. However, because of a problem with bedbugs being carried in library books, I only borrow ebooks from the library, so I am now safe from your disdain. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

I am guilty. I dogeared every book I ever read. However, because of a problem with bedbugs being carried in library books, I only borrow ebooks from the library, so I am now safe from your disdain. :lol:
    there are bedbugs in library books?!!?? image

- Christopher McCandless