I have no patience for................

Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
edited September 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
I have no patience for TV shows that make mistakes they should have caught. I am bailing on homeland as I can't take the mistakes the show made with Brody's uniforms. Being a Marine this has made me lose patience with the show. He is a Gunnery Sergeant when he is wearing his Alphas (dress greens) and yet a Sergeant when he is in Dress Blues. They call him Sergeant so I guess the Blues are correct. I loved the first set of episodes but can't take that fatal mistake anymore. Its disrespectful to the Marines to flub that badly on it.

Anything you have no patience for.........
Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
Fuckus rules all
Rob
Seattle
Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
Tagged:

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    idiots
    ELITIST FUK
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    shiesty people! I am Not stupid, don't try to con me, and I'll respect you.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Damned AC! Shady.. Shady people..
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728

Damned AC! Shady.. Shady people..
    Shiesty is better!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    edited July 2015

I have no patience for TV shows that make mistakes they should have caught. I am bailing on homeland as I can't take the mistakes the show made with Brody's uniforms. Being a Marine this has made me lose patience with the show. He is a Gunnery Sergeant when he is wearing his Alphas (dress greens) and yet a Sergeant when he is in Dress Blues. They call him Sergeant so I guess the Blues are correct. I loved the first set of episodes but can't take that fatal mistake anymore. Its disrespectful to the Marines to flub that badly on it.

Anything you have no patience for.........

Pretty much all medical shows and any show where they are using medical equipment. Takes the fun out when I'm sitting there and all I can think about is 'sure go ahead and use it that way, it won't kill anybody/never freaking work, no please carry on'.
    Also stupid people.
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Hey, slow walkers of Boston, I lived in NYC too long to be behind you. Would you mind picking up the pace? You might burn a few calories, meatheads.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    SD48277 said:

idiots

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    grocery cart wanderers...especially at Costco.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    RKCNDY said:

. . . .or the sample junkies either :) I hate when the samplers extend out and block the aisle entrance, or when grown adults cut in front of kids to get a free sample. Not cool!!! :nuh_uh: I have to go there later today and I'm mentally preparing myself now!!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    The bottom 4 teams in any fantasy baseball league.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

+1.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

RKCNDY said:

. . . .or the sample junkies either :) I hate when the samplers extend out and block the aisle entrance, or when grown adults cut in front of kids to get a free sample. Not cool!!! :nuh_uh: I have to go there later today and I'm mentally preparing myself now!!
    hahahaha...I call them 'sample vultures', especially when they hang out and wait for the person to finish cooking the sample. I walk by, if there is a sample available, I grab one and leave. if the person doesn't have a sample, I won't wait around. (they make commission off whatever sample they are demo-ing, so if they aren't pumping out the samples for commission, then that's their problem-I've seen some of them take their sweet ass time to open a new box or put the samples on the tray :nono:)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Stupid people, or people with no common sense, people who don't know what a turn signal is, people who pull out in front of me and drive like they're the only one's on the road...people who can't go a steady speed limit...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

Stupid people, or people with no common sense, people who don't know what a turn signal is, people who pull out in front of me and drive like they're the only one's on the road...people who can't go a steady speed limit...

+1

Or the people who have to pull out right in front of you, even though there's no one behind you and they could've waited that extra 5 seconds.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY said:

Yes! I don't shop at Costco, but trust me that it's still irritating as all get-out at my local grocery stores.

I know it's petty, but I have little patience for typos in TV news headlines or articles I read online. Don't people proofread anymore?

• PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

Yes! I don't shop at Costco, but trust me that it's still irritating as all get-out at my local grocery stores.

I know it's petty, but I have little patience for typos in TV news headlines or articles I read online. Don't people proofread anymore?

What about typos in books??? OMG that really pisses me off....because you know those things were proofread multiple times....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

What about typos in books??? OMG that really pisses me off....because you know those things were proofread multiple times....
    You can't expect every spell check to get it rignt
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    ^^^ reminds me of a scene from the hangover. Scarier tho haha
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

That too! They're not called editors for nothing.

Last-12, that avatar is creepy!
    hedonist said:

PJSiren said:

hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:

That too! They're not called editors for nothing.

Last-12, that avatar is creepy!
    Greatest picture Ed ever took
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I remember when John Frusciante tried something like this way back when. I think it connected to his beard.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    People who just leave weights laying around at the gym. Put them away. It's a safety hazard.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Well, since you asked....

I work in health care and I have absolutely no patience for health care workers who behave in a rude, disrespectful, or belittling manner to our patients. The people we are dealing with are, pretty much by definition, experiencing a terrible time. They feel badly, might be in pain, might be grieving or anxious or hopeless about things. It really burns me when I see staff acting like caring for their patients is a burden or that their needs are tiresome. I get that people can be overworked and the best resources might not be available, but take it up with your manager, complain to your union, or vote in a different government - just DO NOT take it out on your patients. If you can't avoid this, get out of health care.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

+1.

You two bastards
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Slow websites. If it's taking forever to load the page, then I'm out. (this could be a first world problem)

Well, since you asked....

I work in health care and I have absolutely no patience for health care workers who behave in a rude, disrespectful, or belittling manner to our patients. The people we are dealing with are, pretty much by definition, experiencing a terrible time. They feel badly, might be in pain, might be grieving or anxious or hopeless about things. It really burns me when I see staff acting like caring for their patients is a burden or that their needs are tiresome. I get that people can be overworked and the best resources might not be available, but take it up with your manager, complain to your union, or vote in a different government - just DO NOT take it out on your patients. If you can't avoid this, get out of health care.

Bless you for this.

The second time my husband's lung collapsed, he had to have surgery (catheter the first time it happened worked, though temporarily).

He was in SO MUCH PAIN. It hurt me to see him hurt like that, and be fucking helpless in the process.

At the hospital with him after, it was late at night, morphine not fully kicked in yet. The nurse overseeing him took such shit care of him in action and attitude, and when I called her on it, I was subjected to a litany of the trials of her life and job and hours.

Not proud of myself in retrospect and it was out of (my) character, but I went off on her.
    I have a couple to add after coming home from grocery/stuff shopping:

1. People who don't pull over for emergency vehicles. I get the occasional brain fart of not seeing the lights behind you until it's too late, but seeing multiple cars pull over and you're just plugging along, passing by, almost hitting the pulled over cars . . . . c'mon people, it's an emergency!!!!! You could very well be putting someone's life at risk by not allowing that vehicle to pass!!!!

Salespeople who aren't even making an effort to work or be helpful by any stretch of the imagination. I've worked retail, I know it sucks at times, but if I'm in a store obviously looking around trying to find something and multiple employees are chatting and playing with their phones and playing the video game display in the store . . .yeah, not going in there again! I went next door where I was promptly helped, directed toward what I was looking for, and bought it there, plus other stuff.

I know I sound like some old farty curmudgeon, but I'm really not, I swear!!! :who_me:

I have a couple to add after coming home from grocery/stuff shopping:

1. People who don't pull over for emergency vehicles. I get the occasional brain fart of not seeing the lights behind you until it's too late, but seeing multiple cars pull over and you're just plugging along, passing by, almost hitting the pulled over cars . . . . c'mon people, it's an emergency!!!!! You could very well be putting someone's life at risk by not allowing that vehicle to pass!!!!

Salespeople who aren't even making an effort to work or be helpful by any stretch of the imagination. I've worked retail, I know it sucks at times, but if I'm in a store obviously looking around trying to find something and multiple employees are chatting and playing with their phones and playing the video game display in the store . . .yeah, not going in there again! I went next door where I was promptly helped, directed toward what I was looking for, and bought it there, plus other stuff.

I know I sound like some old farty curmudgeon, but I'm really not, I swear!!! :who_me:

In addition to the second part of your post, I don't dress up every day. I like my jeans and t-shirts. I don't really care about brand names on everything I wear, but I do like jewelry, shoes, and nice handbags. I do not however have patience for salespeople that judge me by my looks or what I'm wearing. The ones at Nordstrom especially...fuck you, I like my Pearl Jam hoodie and Billabong purse (i don't feel like carrying around my patent leather purse all the time), no, I'm not wearing a $100 Alexander Wang t-shirt because do you know how much vinyl, PJ merch, or concert tickets that will get me? I've worked retail before, and I've worked at your competitor...I know how fast fashion moves and it is sickening. That $100 shirt will be on the clearance rack faster than you can pay off the credit card you used to buy it with.
    Nordstrom's customer service sucks donkey balls.

- Christopher McCandless