Eddie Vedder playing Metro - Hot Stove Cool Music?

Comments

• pshackpshack Posts: 22
    Ed will play a legit set. Not your typical 2+ hour set, but a real set nonetheless. I was at Hot Stove for SP a few years ago, and they played a raucous set! The GA tickets are on the floor. VIP is upstairs. Even the back of the floor is only 30 feet or so from the stage. This is going to be a wonderful night :)
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Also, is Ed going to do a legit performance or just a 45 min show like the who show a few months ago?

That was the first thing I thought of too... $750 to get enough songs to count on two hands? :) I'm all for charity stuff but that Who show seemed like a bit of a bait and switch, calling it EV & PT, and then having Joan Jett sing almost as many songs as Eddie (I'm stretching it... a little).
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2015
    Well he is headlining. It couldn't be all that short.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    If anyone has an extra to the show I would love to attend....thanks
  • lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    Hey everyone, if anyone has an extra ticket to this event then I would be very interested in tagging along. I live 2 blocks from the venue and can offer glorious/free street parking in the wrigleyville neighborhood to sweeten the deal :)
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    If anyone needs to get rid of 2 tickets, I'll take them. My wife and I were planning on driving over to Chicago on Friday to celebrate our 5th anniversary, but we could definitely make it Thursday if we had tickets to this!
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2015/06/29/eddie-vedder-joins-lineup-for-hot-stove-cool-music-chicago/fJTFamdWgHqBrz71vasEQJ/story.html#

Eddie Vedder will perform at Hot Stove Cool Music Chicago on July 9.
    By Mark Shanahan Globe Staff June 30, 2015

Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder has been added to the lineup for Hot Stove Cool Music Chicago, the Windy City edition of the annual benefit for former Red Sox GM Theo Epstein’s Foundation to Be Named Later. The event takes place July 9 at Metro. Vedder, an Evanston, Ill., native who is pals with Epstein, joins a bill that already includes John Stirratt (Wilco), Daxx Nielsen (Cheap Trick), Jennifer Hall, Matt Spiegel, and Curt Morrison (Tributosaurus), Freda Love Smith (Blake Babies), Jake Smith (Mysteries of Life), Gerald Dowd, Jason Narducy (Bob Mould), Brendan Bayliss (Umphrey’s McGee), Will Dailey, Chris Cote, and Phil Aiken, among others. Word is Vedder will perform with a band that includes Epstein, baseball scribe Peter Gammons, and Cubs broadcaster Len Kasper. It won’t be the first time Vedder has played with Epstein. In 2006, after a Pearl Jam show at TD Garden, Vedder showed up at the tiny Cambridge club Toad and jammed with Epstein and Buffalo Tom singer Bill Janovitz, playing BT’s “Taillights Fade” and Neil Young’s “Rockin’ in the Free World.”

Names can be reached at names@globe.com. Follow Mark Shanahan on Twitter @MarkAShanahan.
  • going to be in town mon-wed with wife, booked this trip a month or so back and can definitely extend it to fri if anyone has 2 extras? cheers
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    I hope Eddie still stops in Chicago if he has a legit tour.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    ISO a single.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    wwsuicide said:

ISO a single.

saw a dude on Fbook Shane with a few spares he bought at $750? (seems a touch pricey)
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    pdalowsky said:

wwsuicide said:

ISO a single.

saw a dude on Fbook Shane with a few spares he bought at $750? (seems a touch pricey)
    Saw a few for $400. I'm hoping a better deal may come about. Thanks man!
    The $750 ones may be the VIP....ticket are pricey right now...not sure they will drop. I wonder how long EV will play for that will dictate what I am willing to spend
  • TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    looking for one extra. Just booked a flight with no ticket in hand coming from Philly. I know its a long shot but you never know. Thanks!!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

looking for one extra. Just booked a flight with no ticket in hand coming from Philly. I know its a long shot but you never know. Thanks!!

Wow, dedication for a show where you don't know if Ed will play 30 minutes or an hour.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Wow, dedication for a show where you don't know if Ed will play 30 minutes or an hour.
    Ya some peoples obsession with this band is scary. $750/ticket is ridiculous. Soon pj will be charging $200 a ticket once they see how crazy people are paying these prices just to see them.
    because I want to see Eddie at a charity event in Chicago I have an obsession? Why do you care what others want to do? I just posted to see if anyone had extras, I will get a ticket either way and enjoy a mini break in Chicago. Thanks.
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    badbrains said:

Ya some peoples obsession with this band is scary. $750/ticket is ridiculous. Soon pj will be charging $200 a ticket once they see how crazy people are paying these prices just to see them.
    The show is in an awfully small venue, and is for charity.
    $750.00 per is for a VIP package.
    Regular priced tickets to this event are $75.00.
    I would assume that those looking for tickets are probably hoping to find some at regular prices or close.

because I want to see Eddie at a charity event in Chicago I have an obsession? Why do you care what others want to do? I just posted to see if anyone had extras, I will get a ticket either way and enjoy a mini break in Chicago. Thanks.

Lol, you bought airline tix to Chicago to go to an event that you don't have a ticket for. You know how silly that sounds? But please, carry on, it's entertaining.
    3days said:

badbrains said:

The show is in an awfully small venue, and is for charity.
    $750.00 per is for a VIP package.
    Regular priced tickets to this event are $75.00.
    I would assume that those looking for tickets are probably hoping to find some at regular prices or close.
    Small venue means harder tix to come by. No guarantee someone is getting a ticket. Yet it doesn't stop them from buying airline tickets. Pretty comical. I agree, they're prob hoping for the $75 but how many of those are gonna be around? Not too many.
    badbrains said:

Lol, you bought airline tix to Chicago to go to an event that you don't have a ticket for. You know how silly that sounds? But please, carry on, it's entertaining.
    OK, I will. Thanks!!!

badbrains said:

OK, I will. Thanks!!!
    No, by all means, thank you. We love seeing threads and posts like this. Keeps us laughing and you know, laughter is great for the soul.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    laughter is the best medicine!!!
    I once scored SP tix to the Metro.... online before that was the popular way to do it.
    and I only paid face value!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

OK, I will. Thanks!!!
    No, by all means, thank you. We love seeing threads and posts like this. Keeps us laughing and you know, laughter is great for the soul.
    cool, we are entertaining each other because I find your interest in this comical as well. Glad to give you a laugh.

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

OK, I will. Thanks!!!
    cool, we are entertaining each other because I find your interest in this comical as well. Glad to give you a laugh.
    hey, whatever floats your boat.

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

OK, I will. Thanks!!!
    And I find anything that makes me laugh interesting.
  • doctorvikdoctorvik granger, IN Posts: 123
    I have an extra VIP tix that I need to get rid of -- VIP includes drinks and food pre show and mingle with Chicago Cubs and "musicians" - I dont know what that means... but if anyone wants I am up for any offers ...
    PM Sent
  • jbird2334jbird2334 Posts: 33
    Hey all! Im looking for a ticket...I live by the Metro and got the night off of work...just hoping for some good luck from a fellow jammer...hit me up if you have an extra G.A. or V.I.P. For sure its gonna be a great night!! ROCKONN!

Words can have the same kind of magic as riffs can. Stone Gossard