Options

Accomodations for the Gorge shows?

OilfanOilfan Posts: 4
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Does everyone camp or is there a nearby town w/ hotels? Some tips for a first-timer would be appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    Other than bed & breakfast types, I don't think there's much nearby. We camped at the Wildhorse site last fall and LOVED it. The crew is great, the food is great, hanging out with hundreds of people all there to see the same show(s) you are. Can't beat it. I heard the Gorge site gets crazy, but we're talking Jammers here, so... The Wildhorse is definitely more laid back, though. Just depends on the party you're looking for, I guess. Have fun
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    yakimajoeyakimajoe Posts: 12
    Lived in Yakima all my life and have been to the river alot, There are many spots to camp all along the river bring your tent sleeping bag and car and you will find a spot near by. A nice area is on the southwest side of the river you may have to pay a little or it may be free connot remember.
    9 16 96 Seattle
    7 21 98 Seattle
    10 28 00 Devore
    9 1 05 Gorge
    7 9 06 LA
    7 22 06 Gorge
    7 23 06 Gorge

"Anything that Pearl Jam does, I'm down with, because they have so much integrity,"John Densmore says.
  • Options
    msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    yakimajoe wrote:
    Lived in Yakima all my life and have been to the river alot, There are many spots to camp all along the river bring your tent sleeping bag and car and you will find a spot near by. A nice area is on the southwest side of the river you may have to pay a little or it may be free connot remember.

A friend of mine was talking about a camping spot down near the area called Vantage I think, but he wasn't sure. Is this what you are talking about? He said it was about a mile away and that you probalby needed to drive, with a sober driver, but that it was a sweet location.
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
  • Options
    Soon ForgetSoon Forget Posts: 59
    Great question....just turned in my availability(lack thereof) and booked my flights even though I have now tix. Stupid or loyal fan? I guess I will find out.
  • Options
    yakimajoeyakimajoe Posts: 12
    The Vantage location is on the north side of the freeway. You can't miss it because of the small stores and gas stations ect..
    9 16 96 Seattle
    7 21 98 Seattle
    10 28 00 Devore
    9 1 05 Gorge
    7 9 06 LA
    7 22 06 Gorge
    7 23 06 Gorge

"Anything that Pearl Jam does, I'm down with, because they have so much integrity,"John Densmore says.