Singles Soundtrack Re-issue Coming Soon (August 2015)

kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
edited May 2015 in The Porch
From the band Truly (Members: Robert Roth, Hiro Yamamoto, Mark Pickerel, Ty Bailie, Robert Mitchell, Eamon Nordquist, Chris Quinn) on Facebook:

We just found out that "Heart and Lungs" from our 1991 Sub Pop E.P./debut will be included in the new 'Singles Soundtrack' re-issue released this August on Sony Legacy Recordings. The song was in the film and originally on the first issue of the album, but was bumped right before pressing due to pressure from various managers to ad more songs from the other major label artist. We had heard it was Cameron Crowe's favorite track in the film so were very glad to see it finally included. Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBC5n1o234
Post edited by kramer73 on

Comments

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    :triumph:
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Dont recall this song. Like it though.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    So should I sell/trade my original?
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Nice find. Makes me wonder if the Pixies or The Cult will be on the reissue.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Hiro....original member of Soundgarden right?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377

Hiro....original member of Soundgarden right?

yes
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Is this a re-issue on vinyl or just CD?
    ELITIST FUK
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,328
    SD48277 said:

Both a reissue on CD & Vinyl. I hope they also make this re-issue available in 24Bit 192kHz Flac HD.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    demetrios said:

SD48277 said:

Both a reissue on CD & Vinyl. I hope they also make this re-issue available in 24Bit 192kHz Flac HD.
    Thanks, Demetrios.
    ELITIST FUK
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    A reissue on vinyl....awesome...didn't think it would happen...glad to be wrong
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
    hsohi said:

A reissue on vinyl....awesome...didn't think it would happen...glad to be wrong

Me neither. Few year's back many online record stores were taking preorders of MOV http://www.musiconvinyl.com/ reissue. A year past and that pretty much got canned. 2 something year's later it's been confirmed. Word of the new reissue was posted few months back over @ the blu-ray.com message board. So glad they are able to reissue this amazing soundtrack with bonus tracks from the film on vinyl, and CD.
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

I woulndn't say with 100% certainty it's been confirmed; according to this article it's still a rumor at this point:

exclaim.ca/music/article/singles_soundtrack_to_get_expanded_reissue
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    RobbyD462 said:

If you don't care if you have the original or the reissue, yes. Do it immediately before the prices fall more.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I dont think the prices are really going to fall that much.
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

If you don't care if you have the original or the reissue, yes. Do it immediately before the prices fall more.
    What to trade for, only need original soldier field and Benny but in all honesty I'm close to being ready to get looking for both so might have to consider this....

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

What to trade for, only need original soldier field and Benny but in all honesty I'm close to being ready to get looking for both so might have to consider this....
    You'll probably have much better luck just selling and putting the proceeds towards one of those rather than trying to find a trade. It would probably be tough to find anyone willing to make a trade involving the singles LP (that's about to be reissued) for Soldier Field or a Benny. (Those are my two big ISOs too! I guess that makes us competitors, eh? ;) )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I hear ya
    I have lots of other great stuff I've been holding on to but your right might have to have a blow out sale to fund it.

Tough part is finding the reasonable Benny.

Sorry, but how do you improve the best soundtrack ever?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

I wouldn't sell or trade until you have both and can compare the sound.
    MedozK said:

PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

I wouldn't sell or trade until you have both and can compare the sound.
    I wouldn't sell at all. Even if the reissue is AWESOME!!! If you have the original release, never sell it just because a new reissue comes out 20 year's later with bonus tracks.
    I'll still buy the reissue but I'll probably continue to spin the original.

Most of my collection are originals and I'm happy that the songs sound the same way I've always remembered them instead of being remastered and changed.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    LE re-issue or not?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Again, how to improve upon the best soundtrack ever? I would be floored if there was anything extra from PJ that we haven't heard.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    kramer73 said:

From the band Truly (Members: Robert Roth, Hiro Yamamoto, Mark Pickerel, Ty Bailie, Robert Mitchell, Eamon Nordquist, Chris Quinn) on Facebook:

We just found out that "Heart and Lungs" from our 1991 Sub Pop E.P./debut will be included in the new 'Singles Soundtrack' re-issue released this August on Sony Legacy Recordings. The song was in the film and originally on the first issue of the album, but was bumped right before pressing due to pressure from various managers to ad more songs from the other major label artist. We had heard it was Cameron Crowe's favorite track in the film so were very glad to see it finally included. Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBC5n1o234

I know the word grunge and a so-called seattle sound is frowned upon but man this sounds grungy and just like lots of that early 90s seattle sounds. 1st time I've heard this. I dig it.
    Lets get this in 1.21 jigawatt sound - it will blow up my car.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    edited June 2015
    RKCNDY said:

LE re-issue or not?

If it's limited I hope it's more than 444 copies :) Hopefully Vinyl Films does a decent sized pressing. I remember when I found out about the Almost Famous (Untitled) Soundtrack that vinyl films put out. I think there were only 2000 copies.... I bought it 2nd hand :( expensive :(
    Post edited by Zod on