DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
Post edited by Empty Glass on
Tagged:

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Below freezing temps, sleet is falling, at home and our furnace went out. My Monday is COLD.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Below freezing temps, sleet is falling, at home and our furnace went out. My Monday is COLD.

Read today Townshend is releasing his catalog on digital formats today
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Read today Townshend is releasing his catalog on digital formats today
    Well, then that's some good news. :smiley: Would like to update my collection of Scoops.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Just received a couple of boxes of Girl Scout cookies in the mail, so things are looking up.
    ELITIST FUK
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    SD48277 said:

Just received a couple of boxes of Girl Scout cookies in the mail, so things are looking up.

What kind did you get?
    Falling down,...not staying down
    SD48277 said:

Mmm, Thin Mints.

SD48277 said:

Mmm, Thin Mints.
    Yup, Thin Mints and Caramel deLites. Elwayvedder is the best!
    ELITIST FUK
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

How's everyone's Monday going?

could be better....my education continues.

if it's 20 degrees out and the wind is blowing 40mph, what's the windchill? I thought way doggie was going to blow backwards.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    edited February 2015
    +2 here
    Post edited by Kat on
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Buried in school work and having trouble focusing. Just rained for five minutes here in Phoenix. Cooled it down to about 60 or so. Brrrrrrr!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Vertigo is nipping at my brain, my tinnitus is ringing off the charts, the toilet won't flush properly, the drought in our area is getting worse, and rats are invading our home again but I have the day off and a couple of new Dinosaur Jr records to spin so I say, "llatikcuf", life is good! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Vertigo and tinnitus? What's going on?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited February 2015

Buried in school work and having trouble focusing. Just rained for five minutes here in Phoenix. Cooled it down to about 60 or so. Brrrrrrr!

Hey, we had a few minutes of rain here too!

I pray for my city.

My husband took such good care of me and my fucked up back this weekend. His kidney problems kicked in this morning, so I'm home early from work to look after him.

So he's napping (sounds good to me), and I'm hanging with the kitties, hitting the bowl, and watching bad reality tv.

(hope you feel better, B )
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    It's a little over cast here but a nice 75 degrees. I deal with the 115 degree days to get this. Morning started out like shit at

Out in Gilbert we didnt get any rain but it is a little windy. Still a wonderful day when we are complaining about it being in the mid 60's in February. After the beautiful weather this weekend we had I will take it.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Fucking 10 degrees out - mustache froze on the 10 minute walk to campus this morning. Pump coffee at the student union - they are all out of beans and waiting for a delivery - so no 'speciality' coffee this morning. Early stages of listing our home and getting into a bigger one so we can have more babies. Looking at a few acres to build on. Work is picking up nicely for what is traditionally known as a slower semester than the fall. Kiddo will be 2 in a few months and is constantly talking. I'm getting better at understanding her, which has cut down on her little toddler meltdowns. There is a bottle of Rogue Chipotle Ale in my fridge, but I have a cold (thanks to the toddler) and not sure alcohol is the right avenue to go. My playlist has put together one of its better 'shuffles' in a long time. X-Ray Mind Mad Season, Waste Phish, Reptilia The Strokes, Seen The Light Supergrass and N.I.B. Black Sabbath up next.
    www.cluthelee.com
    this turned into a weather topic quickly :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

Playing U2's "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" at too high a volume.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    My mother surprised me yesterday with a MASSIVE FACE LIFT. :open_mouth: I'd been wondering why she'd been avoiding me for the past 3 weeks - she didn't want me to see it or even know about it until it was healed enough for her to not look like her face got run over by a truck.
    (she looks good though... I'm taken aback for sure, but they did a very good job, you can't tell it's a face lift... she just looks like she's 50 (she's 69). Still.... Wtf?!?!?!)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    After a day of what felt like spring -6°C yesterday, we're back to the good ol' -18°C today. There is still a thick cover of snow everywhere, but at least the sun is shining today. Our last remaining glass doors for the kitchen have arrived and are ready to be build in, the house is warm and inviting and it is beginning to feel a lot like home :)
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:

My mother surprised me yesterday with a MASSIVE FACE LIFT. :open_mouth: I'd been wondering why she'd been avoiding me for the past 3 weeks - she didn't want me to see it or even know about it until it was healed enough for her to not look like her face got run over by a truck.
    (she looks good though... I'm taken aback for sure, but they did a very good job, you can't tell it's a face lift... she just looks like she's 50 (she's 69). Still.... Wtf?!?!?!)

Oh wow. That's a tough one to hide if you are used to seeing her frequently. Was she using all kinds of lame excuses to avoid you or what?
    PJ_Soul said:

Whoa - my mom did this in her 60s too. I also didn't see her until after the fact (but she documented the "progress" via photos - enough to seal the deal that I will NEVER do this).

And, she looked absolutely beautiful - but to go through so much and have it last for maybe five years before nature and gravity kick back in? Doesn't seem worth it.

I'm cool with getting older. It's life lived, embraced...and fuck it if my face reflects it.

Hell, it SHOULD reflect it!
    Poncier said:

Playing U2's "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" at too high a volume.
    Well that would explain the tinnitus lol

PJ_Soul said:

Oh wow. That's a tough one to hide if you are used to seeing her frequently. Was she using all kinds of lame excuses to avoid you or what?
    She kept "having plans already", lol. I don't care that she avoided me because she wanted to present the finished product (honestly, she wants to see me TOO often, lol, so I was thinking it was a nice change). What actually bugged me is that she didn't tell me before she did it, because actually it's not at all a safe procedure for a woman her age. This was a 5 hour surgery - $15,000 price tag!!!! It was a MAJOR job. She could have died on the table or something (and actually she was terrified going in for it), and I wouldn't have even known she was having something done. Just kind of weird, you know? But oh well. Her choice!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited February 2015
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Whoa - my mom did this in her 60s too. I also didn't see her until after the fact (but she documented the "progress" via photos - enough to seal the deal that I will NEVER do this).

And, she looked absolutely beautiful - but to go through so much and have it last for maybe five years before nature and gravity kick back in? Doesn't seem worth it.

I'm cool with getting older. It's life lived, embraced...and fuck it if my face reflects it.

Hell, it SHOULD reflect it!
    I really don't know for sure how I'll feel once my jowls start drooping and my neck is sagging and my fucking eyelids are sagging over my eyes and I've got giant bags under them, and all that shit, but I can't imagine I'll enjoy looking at that in the mirror. I don't even think it's fair - I consider the horror of physically aging yet more proof against God. No loving God would do this to us!! So I doubt I'll be okay with or proud about seeing this old droopy, wrinkly woman staring back at me when I feel no more than maybe 28 on the inside, lol!! That is just too incongruent to me! However, I doubt I'd take such drastic steps to deal with it as this either... not to mention that I can't see myself ever feeling like I can afford $15,000 for a face lift!!! So I'll just have to suffer with the horrible facial effects of getting old just like just about everyone else. But my mom just didn't want to, and she chose this over a new car (and there is no expectation that it will all just fall apart in 5 years btw... yes, she'll keep aging, but now she will always look younger than she is). So I'm not feeling judgmental about her decision... just taken-aback!
    I want one of those Lego Oscars.
    ELITIST FUK
    But the thing is (depending on outlook, I guess)...it's not horrible. Why is FEELING a certain age trumped by physically aging? People I've seen - mostly women - trying to combat nature end up looking more unnatural.

I don't know...I look in the mirror and sure, it'd be nice to see the face of the young woman I was in my 20s. But I'm not that woman anymore, thank god.

I'm THIS woman.

Sure, keep myself in shape, take care of my skin, etc...but I AM older. I embrace it, I'm thankful to have lived in full so that my face shows the lines of smiles and sorrow, of living. It's life...and I've learned a shitload in the process - still am.

• hedonist said:

People I've seen - mostly women - trying to combat nature end up looking more unnatural.

What do you mean?

My eyes!!!

The fuck possesses someone to do that to themselves? And for what?

The concept of beauty has become so skewed.
    SD48277 said:

I want one of those Lego Oscars.

http://www.spareblocks.com/buy_yellow_lego_bricks.html
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Julie Andrews looked amazing at the Oscars last night. How old is she?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16