Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I drop in and out of watching Agents of SHIELD. It seems to be one of those shows that backs up on my DVR. Excited for Agent Carter, though.

Also saw today that Jack Kirby has finally been given creator credit in many of Marvel's most iconic comics. So glad to see it, wish it happened when he was still alive.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Rygar said:

That was a huge problem with Origins: Wolverine. Why oh why did they stuff it full of characters, especially ones who shouldn't have been there....sigh.

Yeah, I have thought the Wolverine solo movies have been OK. As I mentioned before, I really want to see a darker version of Wolverine, but probably won't happen because of his marketability to kids. I would have to go back through my old comics, but I remember some very dark story lines. The Gehenna Stone Affair, amongst others, pops into my head.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    There's been rumours of Marvel getting Spidey back for a while now, and it reared it's head again with the Civil War announcement (and the poor reviews for the new Spidey film). It would be interesting to see how they'd fit him in.

I love the way that the MCU movies are all connected, I just hope they can keep the continuity going with all of the extra characters coming out. The continuity with the X-Men movies is completely fucked now but the films are still a lot of fun.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited October 2014
    Full disclosure: I've never read a comic book in my life. I don't know why, there was a comic book store 6-7 blocks from my house. In fact I even collected baseball cards for a very short time and that's where I got them. I was a "real book" girl, which made less sense since there ain't never been a book store anywhere NEAR here.

I've been permanently mad at Spidey since he was in my way when they were filming way back when. I think I only watched the first two, and then I never watched the reboot either. I don't even remember what they made me late for, but I was very pissed off.

I would recommend watching Agents of Shield but you gotta give them a break for the first half of the first season. I think ABC kind of fucked with them in the beginning, and when Thor: The Dark World came out they did a LOT of advertising that SHIELD was gonna pick up where that left off, which was bull, so pissed off a lot of people (including me). I agree that Season 2 has been exceptional, but you need to sit through season 1 to be able to "get" a lot of the interpersonal relationships. After Winter Soldier SHIELD really took off.

I can't wait for the new Captain America movie. I need more Bucky in my life.

I want to post this here, it's a picture but it's quite large so I didn't want to embed it and take up too much space: http://i.imgur.com/c9umXL4.jpg and this is an alternate version with less scrolling: http://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/218gvc/updated_mcu_watch_order/
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    goldrush said:

There's been rumours of Marvel getting Spidey back for a while now, and it reared it's head again with the Civil War announcement (and the poor reviews for the new Spidey film). It would be interesting to see how they'd fit him in.

I love the way that the MCU movies are all connected, I just hope they can keep the continuity going with all of the extra characters coming out. The continuity with the X-Men movies is completely fucked now but the films are still a lot of fun.

I think they're just going to go back to X-Men 1 continuity as far as movies go, and forget about X2 and 3.
    But we'll see. Apocalypse will come out and none of it will be addressed ;)
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    So what's everyone's thoughts on Age of Ultron? I for one am stoked beyond belief!
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    RiotZact said:

So what's everyone's thoughts on Age of Ultron? I for one am stoked beyond belief!

I think it is going to be incredible. Just crazy what Marvel is doing right now.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I think it will be good, based on how they're doing with all the other movies. Like any movie I know I'm going to see, I avoid any trailers or spoilers as much as I can before the movie :)
    Rygar said:

I think it will be good, based on how they're doing with all the other movies. Like any movie I know I'm going to see, I avoid any trailers or spoilers as much as I can before the movie :)

+1

The worst part is when you have to stay off social media entirely cuz you didn't get to watch something yet. Lately some of my shows have been 'live instagramming' which I tend to forget about so i have scroll away really really fast! lol
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    Yeah it is hard to avoid! FB has spoiled Walking Dead on me just this week!
    So you guys haven't seen the Ultron trailer yet?! Wow that's a strong will, I had to run home and watch it the second I heard it leaked :))
    Haha, I will avoid it until after I see the movie!
    I did see the Guardians trailers beforehand, but I was on the fence about seeing it (until I saw the trailers).
    I try to avoid the spoilers as much as possible, but watch the official trailers put out
    I saw it during agents of shield on Tuesday. They showed it during the commercials.
    RiotZact said:

I'm pumped for it. The first Avengers was a great action movie. Personally I enjoy some of the solo movies more, but can't deny the additions of Ultron, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and maybe more will be pretty unbelievable!

PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

Quick question - did Agents of SHIELD ever get any better? I thought the first episode was ok but it really went downhill fast from there. I got as far as 10 minutes in to episode 4 before I turned off and didn't go back to it. I know it's only a TV tie-in but the acting is piss poor and Fitz, Simmons, Skye and Ward are awful characters.

Part of me wants to know that it did get better (and may be worth watching) because I'm a sucker for the Marvel stuff, but on the other hand I don't want to suffer through any more of it if it's still just as crap as the first few shows.

I'm looking forward to Agent Carter though, that should be pretty interesting

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Quick question - did Agents of SHIELD ever get any better? I thought the first episode was ok but it really went downhill fast from there. I got as far as 10 minutes in to episode 4 before I turned off and didn't go back to it. I know it's only a TV tie-in but the acting is piss poor and Fitz, Simmons, Skye and Ward are awful characters.

Part of me wants to know that it did get better (and may be worth watching) because I'm a sucker for the Marvel stuff, but on the other hand I don't want to suffer through any more of it if it's still just as crap as the first few shows.

I'm looking forward to Agent Carter though, that should be pretty interesting

Literally a million times better, it picks up slightly somewhere around episode 12 and then after the Winter Soldier (somewhere around episode 16 or so?) it picks up BIG TIME. Season 2 has been 100% awesome so far.
    Thanks. It looks like I've got some catching up to do then! :)

(Tim Rogers)
    Fantastic 4 trailer is up. Hoping they do it justice, but I have heard there has been a lot of behind the scenes drama with this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_flR9_6msik#t=96
    PJ:

I've actually heard rumors that they're purposely trying to make that movie suck. Even though I'm a huge Spidey fan I honestly think that the best property for the MCU that they don't currently have is the FF, so honestly I'm hoping it bombs and marvel gets the rights back at some point.
    I'd love to see the Fantastic Four back in Marvels hands, but I like the actors and director involved in this so I hope it is not bad.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    How long will it be before comic book movies hit the saturation point?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    edited February 2015
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    I literally can not even begin to describe how excited I am for this news! One thing I'm kinda confused on though, so Sony is make a spider-man movie in 2017 with Kevin producing so is it going to be in the MCU or are we having 2 different Spideys swinging around in 2 different universes? Neither situation sounds ideal though, but I'll take what I can get for now.
    Sony doing something Smart with the Spiderman franchise- nice

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Just fantastic news to wake up to! I really never believed they would ever reach a deal. Captain America: Civil War is going to so awesome!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

Just fantastic news to wake up to! I really never believed they would ever reach a deal. Captain America: Civil War is going to so awesome!

Yes it is. Excited for the Spidey standalone movie now too.
  • frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    Yes it does. Looking forward to it.
  • frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    Jason P said:

How long will it be before comic book movies hit the saturation point?

The won't. As long as the movies/tv shows are good.

I love going to the movies, I'd go every weekend if I could.