HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
edited January 2015 in A Moving Train
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Do Aliens Exist? 190 votes

Yes
56%
Katmca47Riot_MacIndifferencemookeywrenchintodeepdarwinstheoryigotid881vs5iluvcatsdisilluzionLesbelgesyoyoletsongsprotestWashedsmile6680SundaySilencevaggar99evsgjammDead Man Walking 107 votes
No
15%
primussuckscatefrancesLedbetterman10facepollutionadam42381lastexitlondonnadahombrepdalowskyRYMEIndifference71P34RL J4MM3RJV130312bk159954treesMedozKAmongst the AniGodfather.F Me In The Brainwall232Last-12-Exit 30 votes
Yes, and they have visited Earth
27%
electronbluemcgruff10pickupyourwill2-feign-reluctanceSomethingCreativeflywallyflybootlegger10my2handsa5pjbadbrainsGary Carterlolobuggmfc2006evilutionambrasjesstevehomeairrustneversleepsRideRickKearn5yOceanInDisguise13 53 votes

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited January 2015
    No
    I vote no. I treat aliens like I treat god, ghosts, and angels. Show me proof and I'll believe.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hugh!

Why are there no "don't know" or "the fuck prompted this?" options?

Don't limit me, man [-X
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    Yeah, I would like a "who cares" option.
  • Yes, and they have visited Earth
    Yeah, I would like a "who cares" option.

You should care that there just may be some alien out there hearing your request to re-issue Benny.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    edited January 2015
    Yes
    I like the the other options ideas stated so far but sometimes a limited choice is more challenging so I voted "Yes" based purely on the basis of S.W.A.G. (scientific wild ass guess).

First off, because Paulonius Maximus Flavious (I hope you don't mind the embellishment P!) did not stipulate "intelligent life forms" and, biologically speaking, an alien is " is a species introduced outside its normal distribution" AND considering there are 30 billion planets in our galaxy AND over 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe, I'd say the odds are pretty darn good there are aliens out there. >-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Show me some evidence and I'll gladly embrace the possibility of extraterrestrial life. In the absence of evidence, I'm going to assume that the universe is so vast that for me to even hazard to guess on something like this would be rather arrogant.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    Yes
    I believe in aliens, I believe in UFO's. I don't believe in aliens driving UFO's
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Yes, we're here
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    The proofs are out there..all you need is open mind and do the right connections..
    they live..we sleep..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    edited January 2015
    Yes
    brianlux wrote: »
    I like the the other options ideas stated so far but sometimes a limited choice is more challenging so I voted "Yes" based purely on the basis of S.W.A.G. (scientific wild ass guess).

First off, because Paulonius Maximus Flavious (I hope you don't mind the embellishment P!) did not stipulate "intelligent life forms" and, biologically speaking, an alien is " is a species introduced outside its normal distribution" AND considering there are 30 billion planets in our galaxy AND over 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe, I'd say the odds are pretty darn good there are aliens out there. >-)

What he said.....besides they are always in the movies right.....right! Loved the one called..."Paul" I think so sayeth The Starman.

Peace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Yes
    They exist. Some force of God or nature created the universe and only on Earth did life develop? To me that is a ridiculous notion. Of course there are other forms of life out there.

Now, have they visited this planet? That is a different question.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Yes, and they have visited Earth
    It's pretty damn arrogant of humans to think that we are the only intelligent form of life in this universe. However, I would choose D. I don't know for sure, but it's likely other intelligence is out there, if they haven't visited Earth already.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Yes
    I believe we will find alien lifeforms within our own solar system some day.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    i believe ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    alien life forms....like bacteria or something of that nature ? but a big NO WAY on the little green men theory and thier flying saucers.

Godfather.
    No
    or you talking about the one that sneek aross our borders ?.......yep they are amung us.

Godfather.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Yes
    Godfather. wrote: »
    alien life forms....like bacteria or something of that nature ? but a big NO WAY on the little green men theory and thier flying saucers.

Godfather.

What do you know you are a mobster. Lol

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

No
    g under p wrote: »
    Godfather. wrote: »

Godfather.

What do you know you are a mobster. Lol

Peace

forget a bout it......LOL !!!!!

Godfather.

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited January 2015
    No
    JimmyV wrote: »
    They exist. Some force of God or nature created the universe and only on Earth did life develop? To me that is a ridiculous notion. Of course there are other forms of life out there.

I understand how vast the universe. I'm open to the thought of there being something else out there. But until there is proof, I don't believe anything else is out there.

You really have to think how lucky this earth was in order to not only be able to provide life, but take that bacterial life and let it evolve to ultimately us. That is going to be incredibly difficult (obviously not impossible) to duplicate somewhere else in the solar system. One degree more on out tilt, and we don't exist anymore. That is just one example of how we are cosmically lucky. (Is cosmically a word?)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    >-)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Yes
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    >-)

theylive2.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Yes
    JimmyV wrote: »

I understand how vast the universe. I'm open to the thought of there being something else out there. But until there is proof, I don't believe anything else is out there.

You really have to think how lucky this earth was in order to not only be able to provide life, but take that bacterial life and let it evolve to ultimately us. That is going to be incredibly difficult (obviously not impossible) to duplicate somewhere else in the solar system. One degree more on out tilt, and we don't exist anymore. That is just one example of how we are cosmically lucky. (Is cosmically a word?)

Apparently so!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Cosmically

Yes, science tells us the odds are super slim in terms of evolving the way we did. How odd that our human behavior seems to dismiss that incredible good luck.

Sorry- that's one of those wet blanket statements so I'll wish all you aliens a good day anyway!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Life comes in many different forms, and I'm sure evolved under completely different conditions, possibly in ways that we cannot even conceive, elsewhere in the universe. Just because something didn't evolve in a similar way to humans doesn't mean it lowers the chances of Alien life being out there.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    Last12, think about this though, if the odds of intelligent life are a gazillion to one thats still good odds if there are a million gazillions of worlds in the vastness of the cosmos!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    To me, it actually seems like there being no other intelligent life in the universe is a literal impossibility just by virtue of the vastness of universe, and factoring in the fact that we know almost nothing about it.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I absolutely think we are not alone.There is a fuck load of universe up there ,and to think we are the Earth has the only living things????Not buying it.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Yes
    I'm still trying to grasp the notion that we humans are considered "intelligent".

At least we now know what this guy is for >-)
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    So if space is indeed infinite there are an infinite number if pearl jams out there. Let alone aliens.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    callen wrote: »
    So if space is indeed infinite there are an infinite number if pearl jams out there. Let alone aliens.
    For lachrymose gave the Gods, infallible and alone in immortality.
    A procession of ages shall pass, NONE rival Pearl jam!
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Yes
    There is way too much space in the universe for aleins to not exist. I do have a couple questions: Are they also water/carbon based with the same basic idea of DNA like us? Or if they evolved using some other type of 'building block of life'?
    Are they more than just simple single cell aliens?
    What is their intelligence level?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7