Eddie is my Hero

Hello there.. so here's the thing. I got English homework to do. Tomorrow i got to bring information about a hero of mine, someone i look up to. I have many heroes, all of them musicians, but ED stand well above the rest for me, as i believe it does for many of you. I feel so deeply bound to him, i feel like i owe him so much. I feel i could say so many things about how he inspire me, that i don't know how to write a simple paragraph about him. On wikipedia there's quote by ED that says "When I was around 15 or 16... I felt all alone... I was all alone—except for music." I could replace the word "music" for "Eddie Vedder" and the quote would be my own. Ain't that crazy?

Last week, the afternoon of the day we were given the assignment i took a nap, and i had a dream. My house was at the top of a building, my room didn't have a ceiling, and there was beautiful starry night. Suddenly, i realized there was a lot of famous people around, like it was a party, there was Mike, and i'm trying to get a picture with him. While doing so, i became aware that Eddie was there too, so before the party was over, i went talking to him. He was on my room, i enter, close the door and take a seat in front of him. We have the following conversation:

- EV: Shouldn't you be telling this to the required people? (He says this gently, almost whispering)
- MySelf: The required people can't be the people i need, they are not able to. I remember something you said about having heroes when you were little. That you understood now, that you were a hero. You are my hero. Thank you for being a musician, thank you for having express yourself the way you have. To find myself on your lyrics allowed me to feel, on my darkest moments, that i was not all alone. You've always inspire me to think differently. You've always inspire me to live.

I woke up crying.
Egos are left at the door, elitism is non-existant and we are all joining together for a common goal: to raise funds and awareness while living the awesome life of a Pearl Jam Fan.

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org/

Comments

• TheiaTheia Posts: 145
    I'm so glad that Eddie's words touched your heart and gave you inspiration in your life.
    I'm sure he's done that for many people and I hope he is proud to be part of something so good.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    That was a really nice story, thank for sharing. :)
  • r00thless91r00thless91 Santa Ana, CA Posts: 43
    i teared up reading this
  • DreamyDanDreamyDan netherlands/belgium Posts: 83
    glad to read that i'm not the only one who had Eddie appearing in dreams... thought i was bonkers... maybe i am... :)
    thnx for sharing! how's the assignment coming along?

• mad22mad22 Posts: 82
    Thx for asking. It was OK, I had a few corrections but nothing serious. Last Sat i got my final test a got a A, so i'm moving on to the next level nexe year.

BTW: thank you all for you nice comments. Have a great holiday season, cheers!
    Egos are left at the door, elitism is non-existant and we are all joining together for a common goal: to raise funds and awareness while living the awesome life of a Pearl Jam Fan.

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org/