Some facts for the Obama haters

backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
edited November 2014 in A Moving Train
…cause they're gonna hate anyway.

Obama Outperforms Reagan On Jobs, Growth And Investing

Bob Deitrick: ”President Reagan has long been considered the best modern economic President. So we compared his performance dealing with the oil-induced recession of the 1980s with that of President Obama and his performance during this ‘Great Recession.’

“As this unemployment chart shows, President Obama’s job creation kept unemployment from peaking at as high a level as President Reagan, and promoted people into the workforce faster than President Reagan.

“President Obama has achieved a 6.1% unemployment rate in his sixth year, fully one year faster than President Reagan did. At this point in his presidency, President Reagan was still struggling with 7.1% unemployment, and he did not reach into the mid-low 6% range for another full year. So, despite today’s number, the Obama administration has still done considerably better at job creating and reducing unemployment than did the Reagan administration.

“We forecast unemployment will fall to around 5.4% by summer, 2015. A rate President Reagan was unable to achieve during his two terms.”
More at http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2014/09/05/obama-outperforms-reagan-on-jobs-growth-and-investing/
Post edited by backseatLover12 on

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I love it! But just like the Romney campaign, they are not going to bullied around by facts, they have no love for the truth.
    I wish it was like Facebook where you can tag people...godfather, muskydan, unsung what say you?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/01/31/obamas-love-affair-with-executive-orders-or-not-in-1-chart/

Another inconvenient truth.
    I predict the silence will be broken by crickets alone.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rgambs said:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/01/31/obamas-love-affair-with-executive-orders-or-not-in-1-chart/

Chirp chirp chirp chirp, hahaha
  • rgambs said:

That's right! Saw this the other day. Thanks for posting.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I'm sure some one will post a different graft showing how terrible he has been for the nation after all he is trying to dissarm all citizens =))
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    A inquiring mind might ask what was the quality of the jobs filled?Were they low wage,largely entry level jobs? Its my understanding that they were.Also many just dropped off unemployment so the numbers get skewed.
    Now as a buisness owner I have done just fine under this admin although I pay way more to the govt as does my employees.Was it Obama that led to me doing fine or was it our hard work and commitment to succeed in spite of the govt stepping on our toes?
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I have not being an outspoken Obama hater. I don't think he's been a good president. And I have been against the bailouts and Obamacare. That being said, wasn't it under his watch that unemployment rose to over 10%? So it would seem natural that the trend would have to come back down. Just like Reagan, when you cause high rates of unemployment, at some point it's going to drop. The economy is cyclical. It's gets really bad, then bounces back. The surprise here to me is that Obama got to see a second term, most presidents that have screwed the economy don't get that chance.

I have not being an outspoken Obama hater. I don't think he's been a good president. And I have been against the bailouts and Obamacare. That being said, wasn't it under his watch that unemployment rose to over 10%? So it would seem natural that the trend would have to come back down. Just like Reagan, when you cause high rates of unemployment, at some point it's going to drop. The economy is cyclical. It's gets really bad, then bounces back. The surprise here to me is that Obama got to see a second term, most presidents that have screwed the economy don't get that chance.

You have a tenuous grasp on the financial collapse and resulting recession if you think that Obama "screwed the economy."
    rr165892 said:

A inquiring mind might ask what was the quality of the jobs filled?Were they low wage,largely entry level jobs? Its my understanding that they were.Also many just dropped off unemployment so the numbers get skewed.
    Now as a buisness owner I have done just fine under this admin although I pay way more to the govt as does my employees.Was it Obama that led to me doing fine or was it our hard work and commitment to succeed in spite of the govt stepping on our toes?

Valid points! Though I am sure you recognize that they apply to Reagan' Bush,Clinton and Bush as well.
    The post doesn't make any claims about his competency though, it only refutes the false notions that are espoused by the right wing establishment. I don't think anyone who knows much about the economy will give Obama much credit, but many of those same people herald Reagan as some sort of economic hero, which is just about as false as "emperor" Obama and his "terrible" economic record.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Like many others, I fully admit Obama hasn't fulfilled all the hopes I'd expected of his presidency but when I look at the previous eight years before Obama was elected I feel pretty damn good about the last six years.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

rgambs said:

You have a tenuous grasp on the financial collapse and resulting recession if you think that Obama "screwed the economy."
    I don't blame Obama alone. GW didn't help matter and Clinton started the mess.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    brianlux said:

Like many others, I fully admit Obama hasn't fulfilled all the hopes I'd expected of his presidency but when I look at the previous eight years before Obama was elected I feel pretty damn good about the last six years.

^^^ this
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

rgambs said:

That is a proper grasp :-D :-D
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The Obama haters are also pretty quiet when it comes to the latest Benghazi report, too. Well...aside from Lindsay Graham.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

The Obama haters are also pretty quiet when it comes to the latest Benghazi report, too. Well...aside from Lindsay Graham.

I hate that guy. I'm embarrassed to live in the state he supposedly represents.

JimmyV said:

You have Hootie though!
    rr165892 said:

JimmyV said:

You have Hootie though!
    Lol. He hates to be called hootie. Darius changed to country music though, which I can't llisten to for 10 seconds!
    Wagon wheel baby!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

rgambs said:

I agree and there all just as bad as each other...some more so then others.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    rr165892 said:

Wagon wheel baby!

I love it when some of these threads get twisted or unravel. It's like a knitters nightmare sometimes... but I like it! :-D

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

Wagon wheel baby!

I love it when some of these threads get twisted or unravel. It's like a knitters nightmare sometimes... but I like it! :-D

Brian it is like a river. Sometimes a tiny object can divert the flow creating a new stream in a new unexpected direction.Its Evolution Baby!!!
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    i_lov_it said:

rgambs said:

I agree and there all just as bad as each other...some more so then others.
    I wish more people realized they are both pretty much the same thing. Different arms of the same war machine.
    Just to be clear, where I didn't blam Obama outright for the economic collapse, he holds blame. He is responsible for almost doubling the national debt.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

Just to be clear, where I didn't blam Obama outright for the economic collapse, he holds blame. He is responsible for almost doubling the national debt.

Posts like this one spread misinformation.
    A very little bit of research in under 1 minute finds the actual factual truth.

In 2009 shortly after Obama took over the national debt was just under 12 trillion.
    As of 3 months ago it was just under 18 trillion.
    If I do my basic elementary math correctly that is a 50% increase not 200%.

In checking recent history its easy to find that in 2000 the debt was around 5.5 trillion and by late 2008 the debt was 10.5 trillion.
    Once again doing basic elementary math that means during the Cheney/Rove regime the debt increased 190%.

Yes it is a much higher dollar amount and yes it is bad. But, the overall percent increase is much less than during the previous govt.
    Excuse you for spreading that misinformation. The national debt on the first day of Obamas presidency was $10.626 trillion. Today, the national debt is just over $18 trillion. Like I said, he has almost doubled the national debt.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

rgambs said:

Yeah that damn surplus that Clinton left Bush just screwed the pooch

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    The housing "boom" started under Clinton. He has even said after the fact that he should have stepped in and regulated those loans that were carelessly given out. Yes, under Clinton, the economy flourished mainly under the internets dot com boom. But Clinton's policies to hand loans out to anyone was the start of what happened in 2007-2008. I supported bill Clinton. He was the only president that I voted for. But that doesn't mean his share of the blame shouldn't be addressed.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

Wagon wheel baby!

It's the cat lover in you ;)

• Just to be clear, where I didn't blam Obama outright for the economic collapse, he holds blame. He is responsible for almost doubling the national debt.

If I do my basic elementary math correctly that is a 50% increase not 200%.

Basic elementary math says if something has doubled it is up 100% not 200%.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

Excuse you for spreading that misinformation. The national debt on the first day of Obamas presidency was $10.626 trillion. Today, the national debt is just over $18 trillion. Like I said, he has almost doubled the national debt.

Okay then....
    When the Cheney/Rove regime started the national debt was 5.8 trillion.
    At the end it was 11.9 trillion.
    An increase of 6.1 trillion
    An increase of 105%

Using your figures the actual percentage increase during the Obama presidency is 59%.

Last I checked their is a large difference between 105% and 59%.
    105% is actually more than double.

But I'm sure you'll come back with potato and I'll say potato and in the long run it won't really matter. But maybe some people will read these posts and take a couple of minutes and do some research and get the facts.