No Code blows... play the hits
  • my2hands said:

You would have loved the St Paul show my2palmsisters :D
  • supernaut1125supernaut1125 Denver, CO Posts: 255

my2hands said:

That's got me literally "laughing out loud"! That is so spot on true! Only slight down moment for my Moline experience was when they played their hit "Jeremy". How anyone cares to hear that song anymore is beyond me. I can't even believe the band has any interest in playing it. We could have got "Love, Reign O'ver Me" but instead we got that "hit song" dumped all over us... Made for a perfect bathroom break though! haha
    beach2112 said:

Moline was my first show. Totally awesome! Would appreciate info on moline merchandise and bootleg. Is there a limited supply? New to 10C and don't think I can live without that bootleg.

Moline merch I assume will drop on the day the bootleg drops, November 25th. I hope to score a poster for my sister, but I am doubting they will have some, if any, posters left. I never see the other merch (city specific shirts, pins, or stickers) make it to the store but who knows with this tour!
  • my2hands said:

• No code is a work of art. If you havent listened to it multiple times, give it a try again. It's too complex to truly appreciate after hearing once or twice. Moline was the best concert experience of my life...
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    swtlew said:

nycrats said:

I just came down off my Moline high. One of the best musical experiences. Crowd was great. I was in the back of GA center going nuts and the whole area I was in was full of diehard fans. .Made my way to 10 row about after the 1st set without pissing anyone off whom I passed up. Maybe they were too busy watching Ed in the crowd while I walked past them all. Thanks Ed!!!! Any way see you guys in Milwaukee!!!!

ha, i did the same and got like 8th row pretty easily, but my buddy (who is a pretty large dude) was a few seconds behind me and got hip checked and boxed out by a chick who just started screaming at him, so i went to the back of the pit again with him, was great back there anyway. but it was a good idea, everyone goes nuts to go get a picture of eddie on the back divider
    Really guys???? Very poor form. We moved back a little to watch Eddie but went back to where we were standing almost exactly. I'd like to meet the chick who hipchecked your friend. Sounds like my kind of woman...
    it is a general admission show, if someone HAS to go run across the floor to get sweat on by eddie, thats their choice but don't expect to have a little circle on the floor with your name marked on it..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

That's got me literally "laughing out loud"! That is so spot on true! Only slight down moment for my Moline experience was when they played their hit "Jeremy". How anyone cares to hear that song anymore is beyond me. I can't even believe the band has any interest in playing it. We could have got "Love, Reign O'ver Me" but instead we got that "hit song" dumped all over us... Made for a perfect bathroom break though! haha
    actually, that may have been the best version of Jeremy i have ever seen
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

Moline sucked so bad i cancelled my 10c membership and threw away my No Code cd

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

You sound like a real winner!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • I am not sure why people are complaining about any opportunity to see their favorite band-- seems so selfish to say that these folks who've created music we love did not play it well enough or in the order we would have preferred. None of it would exist without them, you know?
    Plus, to say I loved the Moline show, though I did not even realize that No Code got played in order (icing on the cake to say I was there when that happened, but it did not define my experience in the moment). There was something positive in the air-- slightly smaller venue made it seem closer and the energy more concentrated. It felt like the band responded to that energy and rose with it. A great fucking night, as always. Thanks, PJ, for that night and all the nights.
  • my2hands said:

my2hands said:

My guess is you will hardly be missed
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Bye bye
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    haha... doesn't anyone have their satirical filters on? I read that "i quit the 10C" statement as total sarcasm. TOTAL! SARCASM! SARRRRRRRRRRRCASSSSSSM!!!!! SARRRRRRrrrrrrarararararrrrrrrkazzzzzzmmmmmzzzzzzzzzz. sarcasm. ..... sarcasm
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • swtlewswtlew Posts: 71
    evsgjamm said:

haha... doesn't anyone have their satirical filters on? I read that "i quit the 10C" statement as total sarcasm. TOTAL! SARCASM! SARRRRRRRRRRRCASSSSSSM!!!!! SARRRRRRrrrrrrarararararrrrrrrkazzzzzzmmmmmzzzzzzzzzz. sarcasm. ..... sarcasm

Totally agreed!!! Dude has 6800 posts!! I am sure the moment was not lost on him/her....
    I want to rock and roll all night, and part of every day. - M. McCready
  • I am going to be the adult and move on. Sarcasm doesn't work well on here, especially when it isn't very funny. I apologize for the confusion. Cheers.

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290

I am going to be the adult and move on. Sarcasm doesn't work well on here, especially when it isn't very funny. I apologize for the confusion. Cheers.

I had a feeling it was sarcasm, but my sarcasm meter is in need of repair.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• swtlewswtlew Posts: 71

actually, that may have been the best version of Jeremy i have ever seen

Agreed again! It was an incredible version of a really good song. I've seen it many times, though not lately, and I was into it as much as the band seemed to be. Nice to see them not forget their roots and totally rock this out.
    I want to rock and roll all night, and part of every day. - M. McCready
  • I also loved the moline version of Jeremy. And as a first time show attendee, I was very happy they played it! I was so impressed with the whole show...it was above and beyond what I expected. I live in Rockford, so Moline is only 90 minutes away (never had a reason to go there before, but now Moline has a special place in my heart). The only songs I didn't know were "Fucking Up", and of course the "Moline" song. Can't wait for the bootleg!
  • dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    swtlew said:

Only slight down moment for my Moline experience was when they played their hit "Jeremy". How anyone cares to hear that song anymore is beyond me. I can't even believe the band has any interest in playing it.

While Jeremy is one of my least favorite PJ songs to hear anywhere (at home or live), that 12-string bass Jeff played on it was bad-ass!! He probably LOVES whippin' that thing out! And the sound from it was so intense. Awesome!
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    edited November 2014

My review is the band rocked moline harder then any band ever.
    Post edited by Red Mosquito75 on
    This is Not For You
  • mrobinson1201mrobinson1201 peoria il Posts: 21
    Jeremy is a good song with a great message, it was just overplayed. Not the band's fault. I don't understand the attitude to be in the 10c and then complain that they didn't only play only the songs I like. Boo hoo. This is a fan club.
  • cacarr1cacarr1 Posts: 315

My review is the band rocked moline harder then any band ever.

Amen to that!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Less then 30 minutes to go. World premiere! Relive Moline's show on SiriusXM Channel 22 Pearl Jam Radio. :)
    demetrios said:

Less then 30 minutes to go. World premiere! Relive Moline's show on SiriusXM Channel 22 Pearl Jam Radio. :)

The anticipation is killing me! Do they plan to start as late as the band was getting to the stage? ha I mean all EV was doing was writing "Moline"!!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    4 weeks ago I can't believe the party that this show was. It was the perfect way to start my 4 show run. It was a turn of fate at the last minute that put me in the right place for this show and I will be forever grateful to fate. Cheers Moline :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • I have no other shows to compare it to ... but for me, it was an evening of pure inspiration. Hope I'm able to experience it again. If not...I"m grateful for the setlist @iwireless in moline

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    Loved and cherished it and will forever do. This was a special one.
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Yeah.....this show was THAT good.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13