*** Milwaukee Fanviews Here 10/20/14 ***

Comments

• Milwaukee was my 13th show, but my first GA Pearl Jam show. Here are some random thoughts for the night:

Had no intention of waiting in line for hours in GA line, so I showed up at exactly 6:30. Line was already huge, but not moving. Eventually got in at 7:20 and went directly to GA. I think some folks entered through the much shorter, non-GA lines, as they didn't wait outside nearly as long.

Rule number one in GA, if you see someone your same height or taller, GET AWAY! I am six foot, and thought I was medium height, but I ended up stadning next to (and eventually behind) some six foot four and taller folks. It was unreal. Like 6 people around me were all six foot two or bigger. I managed to get a decent view of most of the show, but it would have been wise to be more off to the side and further back, than 12 people deep, center, next to giants.

Rule number two in GA, random people do not get thrown anything. If you were on Mike's side, you were getting showered with picks. And as far as tambourines go, Ed specifically pointed at who he wanted them to go to. He was not just lobbing them into the crowd.

Regarding Yield: I didn't catch on to that one until 3/4 through the album. Partly because the play a lot of Yield live anyway. Partly because I don't listen to albums straight through anymore, I used to all the time. But I was just enjoying the show and when I realized it was straight Yield, it was a cool surprise.

Regarding the sound, I was expecting it to be alot louder than it was. I actually brought ear plugs with me but forgot them in the hotel. I never felt the sound was too loud, and my ears were fine in the morning.

Regarding the quality of the T shirts, I have never seen a Tshirt so thin before. Bought the deer shirt for my wife, and it was way small also.

And a concert wouldnt be complete without the drunk guy(s) that show up out of nowhere after the encore, stumbling into you, completely out of control. Thankfully, they both left shortly after they showed up.

Great concert, great venue. Looking forward to seeing them again, hopefully in 2015
  • bisepostbisepost Albany, NY Posts: 2
    This show was the reason I re-joined the 10c after 7 years of not having a membership. Seeing Yield was so important to me... and my SO.

Was great!
  • abhijitmgabhijitmg Greensboro, NC Posts: 21
    Damn you lucky fuckers!
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
  • vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    edited November 2014
    Got in to town without tickets and ended up 3rd row side on Mike's side (partially obstructed) but to be down so close to stage and then get YIELD!!!! I knew the minute they walked on and Red Bar was playing. I said holy shit they are going to do YIELD from start to back. And then they did : )))
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061
    How fucking crazy was Baba at #5? As soon as that happened, I knew something was going on...
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    TH113769 said:

I hit Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee and now sitting in a bar in Denver in just amazement of what I have experienced the last 6 days. Milwaukee was fabulous last night - at red dot I thought something crazy was going to happen and then when baba hit at the 5 spot you knew game on. I love Yield for a lot of different reasons and to see that in its entirety - crazy awesome! Thank you PJ!!! Let's have a great Denver show!!!!!

92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    It's been 3 weeks since this amazing show, I still don't entirely know how to put this into words.
    I did the Moline-Denver run and Milwaukee was the best! Met super great people at the pre-party, shout out to you all.
    When they went from Pendulum into MYM there was a stunned moment before the realization that tonight was just rock from start to finish. Faithfull into No Way was when I realized it was happening again, and I really started losing my mind. The intro into Push Me, Pull Me about still having the trust of the audience was really touching for me.
    The part of the show that took me over the edge was when Ed started 'I Won't Back Down', I lost my shit so hard I literally almost fell into the row in front of me. I LOVE that song!!!!!
    When they rocked Crazy Mary( was I the only one who noticed that Mary was in the house that night) I was truly stoked!
    I don't ever feel like I will be able to accurately describe this show in a way that brings it fully to life. I never thought another show could ever take the place of the first show, but Milwaukee either tied it or might even be a little ahead. :)

All I can really say is highlight reel:
    All of Yield which means I got Faithfull, No Way and Push Me Pull Me my top three from that album.
    I Won't Back Down - still makes me giddy
    Crazy Mary - with Mary in the house
    Baba in 5th spot
    Rats
    Fuckin' Up

This show was so good I didn't even mind having to suffer through YL at the end, nothing could touch me up so high on my transcendental plane.

Thank you Pearl Jam, Milwaukee and the great people I met there before and after the show. Special shout outs to oftenreading, Rudy, the boys from Lake Winnebago and vickisomoya - who I was so glad to be able to talk non-stop PJ with the next morning when it felt like I would burst if I didn't.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Another one I am thankful for the opportunity to attend. Amazing show.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

It's been 3 weeks since this amazing show, I still don't entirely know how to put this into words.
    I did the Moline-Denver run and Milwaukee was the best! Met super great people at the pre-party, shout out to you all.
    When they went from Pendulum into MYM there was a stunned moment before the realization that tonight was just rock from start to finish. Faithfull into No Way was when I realized it was happening again, and I really started losing my mind. The intro into Push Me, Pull Me about still having the trust of the audience was really touching for me.
    The part of the show that took me over the edge was when Ed started 'I Won't Back Down', I lost my shit so hard I literally almost fell into the row in front of me. I LOVE that song!!!!!
    When they rocked Crazy Mary( was I the only one who noticed that Mary was in the house that night) I was truly stoked!
    I don't ever feel like I will be able to accurately describe this show in a way that brings it fully to life. I never thought another show could ever take the place of the first show, but Milwaukee either tied it or might even be a little ahead. :)

All I can really say is highlight reel:
    All of Yield which means I got Faithfull, No Way and Push Me Pull Me my top three from that album.
    I Won't Back Down - still makes me giddy
    Crazy Mary - with Mary in the house
    Baba in 5th spot
    Rats
    Fuckin' Up

This show was so good I didn't even mind having to suffer through YL at the end, nothing could touch me up so high on my transcendental plane.

Thank you Pearl Jam, Milwaukee and the great people I met there before and after the show. Special shout outs to oftenreading, Rudy, the boys from Lake Winnebago and vickisomoya - who I was so glad to be able to talk non-stop PJ with the next morning when it felt like I would burst if I didn't.

Hard to believe this was less than 4 weeks ago; seems like a lifetime. So many high points to that day, and meeting you and the rest of the crew at the pre-party and then spending the evening together was definitely one of them! Have a good weekend northerndragon.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Lot to say. First, many thanks to the band for an absolutely legendary show. I thought it even surpassed Wrigley, which for me was like going to Mecca... like going back in time and seeing Hendrix at Woodstock or Queen at Wembley. On a cool fall Monday night in Milwaukee, the GOAT gave us something that we'll never forget!

Must also give a ton of credit to their crew... Milwaukee is my hometown, and I've been to concerts at the Bradley Center before - it is not known for being a quality sound venue. Granted, my brother and I were in the pit, but the sound was phenomenal overall! Early on, we couldn't hear Ed's vocals or Cready's solos as well, but by a couple songs in, they had it dialed in. We actually felt that the sound got even better after the first set break. We had friends in the 400 level seats on the Stone side, and they even agreed that the sound quality was the best they've ever heard at the BC. Not a shock that a band with this many shows under their belt would have such a professional crew, but that venue has its challenges, and they handled them as well as you possibly can.

That said, hope to see them at Alpine Valley next summer... maybe for a Binaural redux. ;)

Have to agree that when we all heard "Red Bar" that we knew something special was about to happen. The 10C absolutely brought it all night long, but it was a highlight to have everybody start singing "We're all crazy..." before the band even took the stage.

I love Pendulum as an opener, and the band came out HARD through Brain of J! Yield front to back was so special, and Rick Nielsen's appearance for Baba was a ton of fun. Side note - we had just seen Cheap Trick at the BC last winter.

Given to Fly was on my PJ bucket list, and it happens to be the favorite song of a good friend of mine who was in section 424. 10/20 was the anniversary of his dad's passing, and I know that meant a lot to him. In fact, we were all at Major Goolsby's before the show talking about the setlist and which songs we really wanted that night - needless to say, we got almost all of them!

Part of me wishes they'd close every show with RVM, because it's probably my all timer, but it's perfect before an encore break, especially one where they slow things down for a bit. And if I'm being honest, we were still begging for more.

Other highlights for me were Lukin, F'in up with an awesome Stone solo, and THE BEST Jeremy I have ever heard! That was my other bucket list hit that night. Eddie was incredible that night - his voice sounded even better than at Wrigley. I thought Cready started a bit slower, but he got going as the night went on, and closed the night off in classic Cready style.

My brother is admittedly NOT the biggest PJ fan. He loved the early albums and used to play a bunch of songs from Ten and Vs. in his band, but he had never seen them live before. I knew that seeing would be believing, and predictably, he left there saying that he had "never seen anything like that!" He's been wearing his Faithfull 10C bracelet for the past month. I can't wait to listen to the bootleg with him.

One last thank you to the greatest band and the greatest fans! You made Milwaukee proud! Hope to see you all soon!
  • Can't stop thinking about this show. Upon reflection, there were a couple of other moments that really stood out. One was Boom's solo on Crazy Mary - insane!

The other was at the end of Black. The band was slowly fading out. Ed was singing in almost a whisper, "I wish I could've seen you one last time"... "to say"... He repeated those lines a few times, and I assumed the next lyric was going to be "goodbye", or "I love you" or something to that effect. When he said "good luck", my heart just sank. That song is so sad, but beautiful, and I had never heard an ending quite like that. Make sure you check that out on the bootleg.

It also served as a reminder that his voice talent is otherworldly. The fact that he could still do that at that point in the night was breathtaking.
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    JHC...first I find out about No Code yesterday and now this??? LOVE IT!!!! Here's to them playing in 2015 out West again and me seeing a little Riot Act or Binaural (or Vs, or Vitalogy, or Backspacer, or LB)!!!!
  • nicknyr15 said:

Strangest Tribe and Hard to Imagine both scratched, usually people who be screaming about this. But when Yield is played , nothing else matters!!!

Where were these in the setlist? I love both of these songs. LOVE LOVE Strangest Tribe!! Hope they get to it at Alpine Valley next summer! ;)

• DVD Conspiracy Theory alert - Ed noticed someone with a shirt of the Flemion brothers (The Frogs) that said Old Milwaukee on the top and gently laid it over his monitor facing the crowd. He took his time giving instructions to the cameraman to get in position for a good shot of him with his hand over the shirt paying respects to his friends, and it just seemed like more than someone would typically do just for the video screen at the show. Here's to hoping for a video compilation of this unforgettable tour.

I've been wondering about this! I was in the pit too, so I wasn't really watching the big screens. When I did look at them, I couldn't help but think that they were of way too good a quality. What I remember seeing was black and white, with panning, cuts and effects similar to the Danny Clinch videos from LB.

Can someone who caught other shows on this tour comment on what they saw on screens at the venue? Is this similar, or is there really hope that this one makes it to DVD?
  • They were doing the same in Moline @Whoanelly15.
  • Yield is obviously the talking point, but the band was absolutely on top of their game for this show. I left the show impressed with how good they sounded, but hearing the show again -- god damn. Some incredible playing across the board.
    2006 -- Chicago II
    2011 -- PJ20 II
    2012 -- Midtown Music Fest
    2013 -- Wrigley Field, Los Angeles I + III, Seattle
    2014 -- Moline, Milwaukee
    2016 -- Wrigley Field I + II
  • AshHavo14AshHavo14 Chicago Posts: 1

Can't stop thinking about this show. Upon reflection, there were a couple of other moments that really stood out. One was Boom's solo on Crazy Mary - insane!

The other was at the end of Black. The band was slowly fading out. Ed was singing in almost a whisper, "I wish I could've seen you one last time"... "to say"... He repeated those lines a few times, and I assumed the next lyric was going to be "goodbye", or "I love you" or something to that effect. When he said "good luck", my heart just sank. That song is so sad, but beautiful, and I had never heard an ending quite like that. Make sure you check that out on the bootleg.

It also served as a reminder that his voice talent is otherworldly. The fact that he could still do that at that point in the night was breathtaking.

Boom's solo was definitely nuts, that was a key highlight of the night.

The end of black gave me an unbelievable feeling, cant even explain it. I thought Ed was going to say "goodbye" as well... but Good Luck. It was a perfect ending to a very meaningful and passionate song. Thank you for commenting on that and bringing that feeling back.
  • PhoolPhool Milwaukee, WI Posts: 74
    At the end of Crazy Mary did anyone catch Boom playing Paint it Black by the Stones? Or am just nuts
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    A lot of people are kicking themselves for not going to this one. Unless you can afford to go to every show, how can anyone predict when they are going to play NO CODE, or YIELD. That's the great thing they are unpredictable. I had the good luck of going to this Milwaukee show. That's cause I live in Wisconsin 1 hour from Milwaukee, the only one I could go to. Say they would have done this 1 day earlier in St Paul, I'd have missed it just like that.
    But here's one for you all about unpredictability this is no shit.
    I live in Fontana, WI 20 min from Alpine Valley. My uncle owns a popular bar in Fontana WI called Chuck's. It's across the way from the Abbey Resort where a lot of 10-clubbers stayed during PJ20 weekend. OK I go to this bar frequently after work for a few. (happy hour). So I go to the festival all day Saturday, you know hang in the parking lot, meet lots of cool people, have a blast at PJ show of course, killer set list including one of my favorites 1st time played IN THE MOONLIGHT ok next day Sunday I decide to not go for all day lay on my couch watch Brewers game and then go to the show. We all know how killer Sundays show was too.
    Enough said awesome weekend over. Next day Monday I go to my favorite bar Chuck's for happy hour and (everyone there knows I love Pearl Jam) The Bar tender says "YOU MISSED IT RYAN, EDDIE VEDDER AND DENNIS RODMAN STOPPED IN YESTERDAY!!! I'm like "YOU ARE SHITTING ME." Other people verified what I was being told. A regular guy I know there had a pic on his phone of Dennis, and Ed sitting at a table, a Hockey player too, but I don't know my hockey players. SO WHILE I WAS AT HOME SUNDAY WATCHING THE FUCKING BREWERS GAME, ED STOPS IN MY FAVORITE LOCAL BAR!!
    Of all the bars in Walworth county, and there are a lot they stop at my bar...how's that for luck or miss luck.
    Had I been there I wouldn't have gone crazy though, I would have tried to shake Ed's hand and thank him for their wonderful music that's it.
    So you people who missed Milwaukee, or Moline, I understand. I missed seeing Ed in my own hometown bar.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    I love the comments by AshHavo14 about the subtleties of this show as well. I felt the same way at the end of Black when he said "good luck".
    Over played as it is on rock stations this was the best Jeremy I've seen by far, the energy and visually the way they flashed those bright white strobe lights on ED at the end when he says AHHHHH!!! then dim spotlight on Jeff for his finish awesome.
    I found my self just trying to take it all in.
    It's so exciting when they are performing, I find myself thinking just listen to this, slow down take in the awesome crowd participation. And The soaring guitar solos of mike during Black, Fucking Up, Alive. Ya, know.
    The thing is, they just keep getting better. Thanks AshHavo14
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I thought I heard "Paint it Black" during the solo also.... That may not have been the intent, but I've heard "Crazy Mary" live a few times, and don't remember hearing it in there previously.
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,879
    Sounded like Paint it Black to me as well.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Hey everyone :D (first post just joined)

This was my first PJ concert! What an amazing night, so many incredible moments. Was one of the first times in my life where I was in a place where it seemed like everyone was just like me, pure happiness.

~Bacon
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I finally downloaded the bootleg for the show this past weekend. Best $5 I've spend in a while! (Apple lossless - 2015 membership code). Downloaded it for Yield, was blown away by the rest of the show as well! Rats! Fucking Rats, are you kidding me?!! Didn't even realize they played that; it's one of my white whales. I would love to go back in time and get tix for this show!!
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    A fan requested It by writing Rats on a cheesehead. Eddie got booed when he said I can't wear this I'm from Chicago. Stone ended up wearing it later on
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • A Mike Patton FanA Mike Patton Fan Near Milwaukee Posts: 30
    Does anyone have a good quality pic of Stone wearing the cheesehead?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

A fan requested It by writing Rats on a cheesehead. Eddie got booed when he said I can't wear this I'm from Chicago. Stone ended up wearing it later on

Ahh, it was a cheesehead! I figured it was a jersey but knew it had to be something Packers-related when he said that.
  • A Mike Patton FanA Mike Patton Fan Near Milwaukee Posts: 30
    edited March 2015
    Here's a 20 sec clip that I shot with my Android of Matt Flynn up on someone's shoulders during F**kin' Up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM4uHL3hHas
    Post edited by A Mike Patton Fan on
  • JayneegirrlJayneegirrl Milwaukee Posts: 112
    I flipping love seeing my city 1st in the Forum!!!!! Yay!!!!!