Options

Thanks Jill

Driver949Driver949 San Rafael, CA (North of the GG Bridge) Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in The Porch
So I'm at the bridge school show. I have a pretty good seat. However there are two seemingly orphan seats at the end of my aisle, so I "upgrade". After being there for sometime this beautiful woman shows up and sits in the other vacant seat. I sit through most of the show, It's been about four hours at this point, she turns and says to me, "you've been pretty lucky sitting in my seat for most of the show". She leaves, I then see her up on stage with the Bridge school students and realized I had poached EV's wife's seat. I had asked her if she would like me to move, she told me I was fine sitting there. I thought that it was pretty nice of her.
She left before I could thank her.......,, so thanks Jill if you're out there.

Post edited by Driver949 on

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    "upgrade" :D

Nice experience to propel your first post!

She sounds like a class act.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    That's an awesome story!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    B-)
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Nice, back in 1994, I was at the old Boston Garden and me and my buddy sat in out seats and we were directly behind one of those huge concrete pillars (those of you who have been to the old garden knows what I am talking about) so we did an "upgrade" to the side of the stage just so we could see. We never got booted (I would have graciously left when the rightful owners showed up) and about a 1/4 into the show Joe Perry and Steven Tyler sit right in front of us with two hot models in tow. Eddie sees them and sings the Sweet Emotion tag. Was a pretty sweet "upgrade".
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    edited October 2014
    I heard a story once...some guy is in the will-call line at a show wearing a shirt with Eddie's name and/or face on it. Some random woman comes up and goes "yeah, that's my son."

Another story I heard...a guy is at a show in the early 90's and here's some dude right in front of him with scraggly long hair checking out the opening band. The guy with the long hair eventually leaves and isn't seen for a while...until he's up on the middle of the stage, singing the opening lyrics to Pearl Jam's set. :)
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    I hate seat-jumpers.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Yep, great 1st post OP. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Wasn't vedder sitting in the first row during Liam's set in Brooklyn night 1? Then he jumped on stage to do his set when it was his time? I could've sworn I saw that.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Are you saying you sat next to a beautiful model who was by herself for 4 hours and you never started a conversation? I see this story as an abject failure.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

I heard a story once...some guy is in the will-call line at a show wearing a shirt with Eddie's name and/or face on it. Some random woman comes up and goes "yeah, that's my son."

Another story I heard...a guy is at a show in the early 90's and here's some dude right in front of him with scraggly long hair checking out the opening band. The guy with the long hair eventually leaves and isn't seen for a while...until he's up on the middle of the stage, singing the opening lyrics to Pearl Jam's set. :)

That happened to me on the 98 tour. Dude in a hat sat in front of me for Mudhoney with a big black guy. Enjoying the show until some girl does a doubletake and freaks out. Sure enough Eddie makes a quick exit. Sat 1 foot behind him for 15 minutes. Never knew until he got up.
  • Options
    RS151862 said:

Are you saying you sat next to a beautiful model who was by herself for 4 hours and you never started a conversation? I see this story as an abject failure.

:-\"
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    edited October 2014
    RS151862 said:

It would've been had she been single - he probably noticed the giant rock on her ring finger!
    That's the first thing I always look for.
    Well, maybe not the first thing...
    :-\"
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    You should change your location to "Jill McC's Bridge School Seat." ;)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Driver949 said:

she turns and says to me, "you've been pretty lucky sitting in my seat for most of the show".

was she smiling when she said it? it comes off a little sarcastic just reading it.

not that it matters.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,460
    RS151862 said:

Hey, not all of us are like Ron Burgandy the man whore! Hahaha!!!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Driver949 said:

she turns and says to me, "you've been pretty lucky sitting in my seat for most of the show".

was she smiling when she said it? it comes off a little sarcastic just reading it.

not that it matters.

Exactly how I read it
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    It would have been real funny had she had ed kick you out of the show
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

It would have been real funny had she had ed kick you out of the show

I kinda thought that too... But I don't think she would..she has been known to
    Have security roll people out when they're in her spot though! So I'm sure she wasn't trying to be rude.
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018

Confirmed...I am embarrassed to say I asked the lady for ID! Instead of putting me in my place, she obliges...then I notice the backstage pass around her neck. Real observant, huh?
  • Options

Driver949 said:

not that it matters.

Exactly how I read it
    Doesn't come off as "nice" in print....
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Driver949 said:

not that it matters.

Exactly how I read it
    Doesn't come off as "nice" in print....
    True..
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    kramer73 said:

I hate seat-jumpers.

Me, too. I find them even more obnoxious than the people who snake their way up front in GA. This person even had pretty good seats already, by his/her own admission, and simply moved down the same row to the aisle.

I would have been mortified by that experience. The post would say "Thank you, Jill, for not embarrassing me." Except I think I would have begged that of her immediately and voluntarily returned to my seat.

Then again, as I was thinking earlier today, I have to remember that the whole world is not like me.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited October 2014

Driver949 said:

not that it matters.

Exactly how I read it
    Yeah, me too. I thought it might have been a snarky comment. But i guess if the OP is happy about this little comment it must have sounded friendly in person somehow.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I was at Lollapalooza 92 in Orlando watching Jim Rose's side show when this dick stands about 5 feet in front of me. There was plenty of room but he decided to stand right in front of me. He had his hair up and was wearing an army jacket (in Florida). Total loser.

Anyway, the end of the show they bring up Ed to the stage. Yulp, he was standing 5 feet from me for a good 30 minutes.

I still say he's a dick for standing right in front of me. Lol
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JB128716 said:

I was at Lollapalooza 92 in Orlando watching Jim Rose's side show when this dick stands about 5 feet in front of me. There was plenty of room but he decided to stand right in front of me. He had his hair up and was wearing an army jacket (in Florida). Total loser.

Anyway, the end of the show they bring up Ed to the stage. Yulp, he was standing 5 feet from me for a good 30 minutes.

Now that's funny.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    JB128716 said:

that is an awesome story!!!!!! what a dick

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Driver949Driver949 San Rafael, CA (North of the GG Bridge) Posts: 2
    That's funny!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.