*** Milwaukee Fanviews Here 10/20/14 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited October 2014 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Bradley Center
Milwaukee, WI
Oct. 20, 2014
Set List

Band Onstage 08:16
Band Offstage 11:31
Walk On Music: (Untitled)
Walk Off Music: Hummus
Pearl Jam plays the complete “Yield” album in order. The song “Untitled”, indicated by a red dot on the album artwork was played from the CD as the band walked on stage and the hidden track “Hummus” was played from the CD as walk out music

01. Pendulum
02. Mind Your Manners
03. Corduroy
04. Lightning Bolt
(Ed comments on the tour being nearly over and how the second to last show is usually better than the last show. He hints at special things happening tonight starting with guest Rick Nielsen)
05. Baba O’Riley w/ Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick-(Townshend) (Mike, Jeff and Rick are all playing checker board pattern guitars and bass)
(Ed sings a couple of lines from Cheap Trick’s “Surrender” A Capella changing Mommy and Daddy to Mike and Rick being all right.
Ed then turns to the band and asks if they are ready to do this..)
06. Brain Of J
07. Faithfull
08. No Way
(Ed dedicates the next song to Aaron Rodgers)
09. Given To Fly
10. Wishlist
11. Pilate
(“Alright, time to flip the side”)
12. Do The Evolution
13. MFC
14. Low Light
15. In Hiding
(This song was not a radio single. This was back when we felt we had the trust of the audience. Obviously, we still do.)
16. Push Me, Pull Me
(Ed relates the story of the first time he and his buddy swiped the buddy’s dad’s beer. He was about 8 years old. His friend had a case of Ham’s and Ed got Old Milwaukee. This ties in because it is about “All Those Yesterdays”.)
17. All Those Yesterdays
(Now we would like to play another record for you. It’s called “Lost Dogs” and the first song goes like this!”)
18. Even Flow
(Ed plays the next by request from a couple that are currently far apart from each other)
19. Sirens
20. Rats
21. Setting Forth
22. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1

23. Sleeping By Myself
24. Just Breathe
(Ed films himself wishing Tom a happy birthday and gets the audience to participate)
25. Happy Birthday Tom Petty
26. I Won’t Back Down-(Petty, Lynne)
27. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
28. Got Some
29. Jeremy
30. Lukin
31. Porch

Encore Break 2
(Ed talks about the Wishlist Foundation. Something we have nothing to do with. It is a bunch of fans that work on their own to raise money for organizations that we support. He talks about the money they raise. Mike points out the people running the foundation to Ed. The band is very grateful for the support and for the hard work the fans put in.)
32. Crazy Mary-(Williams)
(Ed talks about the banners hanging from the ceiling helping the sound like he mentioned in Detroit. Ed and Jeff noticed that one banner/jersey was missing.
Bob Dandridge. Jeff had a Dandridge jersey with him so he hung it on one of the globes.)
33. Black
34. Alive
35. Fuckin’ Up-(Young) (during the intro Ed says he has worn a Bears jersey every day, every show but I just gotta do this one time. He puts on a Green Bay Packers Jersey that says Vedder with a number ten. Stone wears the cheesehead.)
36. Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

(“Hummus” from “Yield” plays during the walk out)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!
Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    Infuckingsane is the only way describe how this band pushes itself to the limits & how ae love it even more & more every time
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Unbelievable.

During Brain I was thinking (hoping) for the full run, but figured they wouldn't do it so close to Moline.

I stand corrected!
    I mean I dare you to sing "Black" and not feel it.
    I dare you.
    I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough.
    It doesn't work.
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 449
    Last night I was on the rail. Tonight I had TM seats lower level directly across from the stage. If this set woulda been played last night, I think my head would've exploded!!

Yield in order....unreal. Plus Rats, Crazy Mary, Baba in the 5th spot, it goes on and on.

If only the people in my section wouldn't have been sitting down practically the entire show. GA definitely seemed to be going crazy all night!!

All in all, fan-fucking-tastic!!! This has been a hell of a 28 hours. Thanks PJ!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2014
    Fucking crazy! Lucky Milwaukee!
    Impressive Pearl Jam. The setlist just keep getting better and cooler and more surprising. =D>
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • vs_fanvs_fan Posts: 24
    AGREED with the comments above, in fuckingsane is all I have to describe that show tonight. Best part was I was able to get a Setlist of this Epic show. Also met some very cool people in my section. I had my best seat ever out of the Pearl Jam show's I've been to. Now time to get a nap and head to Denver tomorrow morning.
    2003: Irvine
    2005: Toronto
    2006: Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles 1 & 2, Henry Fonda, Honolulu
    2009: Universal City 3 & 4
    2011: Calgary, Edmonton
    2013: Los Angeles 1 & 2, Oakland, Seattle
    2014: Austin (Week 2), Milwaukee, Denver
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Philly 1 & 2
    2018: Seattle 2, Wrigley 1 & 2 
    EV:
    2012: Las Vegas 1 & 2
    2016: Ohana 
  • VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407
    Wow. That was cool.
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
  • RocketninoRocketnino SLO, CA Posts: 42
    Wild. Really, really making me start to wonder if I need to change plans and head for Denver!

That said: I really see "Binaural" - which would logically (?) be next - as being far less likely. "Riot Act" - slightly - moreso. Is this the end of this little stretch, or are those maniacs gonna keep cooking up full album setlists?!
  • elvis47374elvis47374 Indiana Posts: 10
    Rock solid show tonight. Saw the first show of this tour in Cincinnati, and although a great show, a little rusty, and they have definitely worked out the kinks. Great energy, great sound, awesome set list. They just don't let you down. Saw Cincy show with my 15 yo daughter, went tonight with an old friend....glad PJ is a part of my life.
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    edited October 2014
    Maybe the single best PJ show I've been to. Tonight the band came out swinging and didn't let up. Scroll back up and re-read that first set list. The pace of this was almost unbelievable to experience in person, and it's exactly the kind of show I always hope for. I sincerely hope it translates well in the bootleg.

I had an odd feeling when the band came out to "Untitled" (red dot) because it seemed like something I haven't heard them do since they used a version for Soldier Field in 1995 (if my memory serves me correctly - I'm probably wrong about this). When they launched into "Baba O'Riley" so early on I thought they might play an off kilter set of rarities or really play with standard set list orders or something, but when "Faithful" started and I understood what was happening tonight with "Untitled" being their walk out music, I couldn't believe my good fortune to be at this show. I was pretty jealous after Moline when they got No Code (and realistically still am), but Yield? Just spectacular.

Thanks so much, PJ, for a truly memorable night!

*Edit

I have to add that compared to a few of the other shows I've been to, this might have been the best crowd I've seen. All of the traveling Chicago fans really brought it. I had a pretty good seat thanks to a last minute purchase (thanks, PJ-Cubs!) and had not only a solid view of the stage, a good view of virtually the entire venue. I've looked around during other shows to take in the moment, but during this show more people seemed outwardly engaged than at others. Arms were raised in a "V" all the way back to the rafters. Fists pumping in unison. One massive chorus sounding pretty amazing during "I Won't Back Down". This was a special show and one I am grateful to have been at.
    Post edited by HeavyHands on
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    What a night. From the outset I knew it was gonna be a special show number 90 but I never thought they'd play Yield in entirety before they even got to evenflow. =D> This last week has been a blast. From GA in Detroit through Section 413 row X tonight(was actually quite fun for a change). Must go to sleep, 14 hours non-stop back to Ct manana.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I've seen most of Yield live (except the red dot, push me pull me, and all those yesterdays). My favourite album. To see if played from to back must of been awesome. A little bit jealous over here :)
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Moline and now Milwaukee amazing. How can it get better?
  • Seeing both Moline and MKE in the past three days has simply been unreal. This was so much more than just great sets...this was seeing our collective favorite band play two albums front to back...which they have NEVER done...Avocado in Italy was not played in order...and it was in Italy. I hate to say it but EV took care of his hometowners at both Moline and MKE as there was a huge Chicago contingent. Thank you from the bottom of my heart guys.
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Whens the No Code/Yield boxset out then? ;)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Well, that was an awesome show, made more awesome by my ticket buddy Rudy who found me at the Wishlist party to pass the ticket along, after which we got to enjoy the best concert I've ever seen. The crowd energy was good too, at least in our area.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • The best part was that they didn't go threw the motions with their popular stuff. They were kicking that shit like it was 1991. I'm usually disinterested in that stuff like Jeremy, Even Flow, etc. that was easily the best Jeremy I've ever seen!
  • Just got back home after an 1 1/2 hr drive ...and on the same 'high' I was on after the Moline show!
    Unreal performance tonight ... can't believe what I just witnessed!
    Band was clicking on all cylinders .... and having fun at the same time! Crowd was incredible as well! Just a fun / amazing show to be at!
    Thanks again PJ ... you out did yourselves again!!!
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    Boblaw014 said:

Avocado in Italy was not played in order...and it was in Italy.

Why has this statement been repeated in the last few days? The setlist thread for that show states: "The Avocado album is played all the way through, in order, only the second time this has ever been done by the band. The 1st was in Germany in 1992 when they performed all of Ten in order. "
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/22190/2006-09-19-palaisozaki-torino-italy-setlist-thread/p3

The Wikipedia page for the 2006 tour states: "On September 19, 2006, at the Torino, Italy show at Palaisozaki, Pearl Jam played Pearl Jam in its entirety in order mid-way through its set.[5]"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam_2006_World_Tour

Is this not the order of the album?
    Life Wasted, Worldwide Suicide, Comatose, Severed Hand, Marker In The Sand, Parachutes, Unemployable, Big Wave, Gone, Wasted Reprise, Army Reserve, Come Back, Inside Job,

Also, I didn't even recognize this was Yield at first glance of the setlist. For the album's liner notes, the songs go in different order, an order I like better. So I redid the album on CD and later for my mp3 player. This is the order the liner notes go in:
    MFC, Push Me Pull Me, DTE, Faithfull, Brain of J, Low Light, Wishlist,GTF, In Hiding, Pilate, No Way, Red Dot, All Those Yesterdays
    That's how I know Yield.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,827
    Awesome
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    Was at moline and after the show ranked in my top two after soldier field 95. Now this show past Moline. I feel so lucky to be at both shows. But was better than Moline. Crowd was on fire tonight. Thank you!!!
  • Unbelievable show! Drove back to the Chicago area along with many other cars on 94.This was my first show along with a friend of mine, though we are long time fans. There was great energy in the building and I can't believe we got to hear the whole Yield all the way through. Awesome experience! I now know why so many of you follow this band all over! Thank you Pearl Jam for an outstanding show! I hope I can get to sleep tonight!
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    Sea said:

Pearl Jam
    Bradley Center
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oct. 20, 2014
    Set List

Band Onstage 08:16
    Band Offstage 11:31
    Walk On Music: (Untitled)
    Walk Off Music: Hummus
    Pearl Jam plays the complete “Yield” album in order. The song “Untitled”, indicated by a red dot on the album artwork was played from the CD as the band walked on stage and the hidden track “Hummus” was played from the CD as walk out music

01. Pendulum
    02. Mind Your Manners
    03. Corduroy
    04. Lightning Bolt
    (Ed comments on the tour being nearly over and how the second to last show is usually better than the last show. He hints at special things happening tonight starting with guest Rick Nielsen)
    05. Baba O’Riley w/ Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick-(Townshend) (Mike, Jeff and Rick are all playing checker board pattern guitars and bass)
    (Ed sings a couple of lines from Cheap Trick’s “Surrender” A Capella changing Mommy and Daddy to Mike and Rick being all right.
    Ed then turns to the band and asks if they are ready to do this..)
    06. Brain Of J
    07. Faithfull
    08. No Way
    (Ed dedicates the next song to Aaron Rodgers)
    09. Given To Fly
    10. Wishlist
    11. Pilate
    (“Alright, time to flip the side”)
    12. Do The Evolution
    13. MFC
    14. Low Light
    15. In Hiding
    (This song was not a radio single. This was back when we felt we had the trust of the audience. Obviously, we still do.)
    16. Push Me, Pull Me
    (Ed relates the story of the first time he and his buddy swiped the buddy’s dad’s beer. He was about 8 years old. His friend had a case of Ham’s and Ed got Old Milwaukee. This ties in because it is about “All Those Yesterdays”.)
    17. All Those Yesterdays
    (Now we would like to play another record for you. It’s called “Lost Dogs” and the first song goes like this!”)
    18. Even Flow
    (Ed plays the next by request from a couple that are currently far apart from each other)
    19. Sirens
    20. Rats
    21. Setting Forth
    22. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1

23. Sleeping By Myself
    24. Just Breathe
    (Ed films himself wishing Tom a happy birthday and gets the audience to participate)
    25. Happy Birthday Tom Petty
    26. I Won’t Back Down-(Petty, Lynne)
    27. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    28. Got Some
    29. Jeremy
    30. Lukin
    31. Porch

Encore Break 2
    (Ed talks about the Wishlist Foundation. Something we have nothing to do with. It is a bunch of fans that work on their own to raise money for organizations that we support. He talks about the money they raise. Mike points out the people running the foundation to Ed. The band is very grateful for the support and for the hard work the fans put in.)
    32. Crazy Mary-(Williams)
    (Ed talks about the banners hanging from the ceiling helping the sound like he mentioned in Detroit. Ed and Jeff noticed that one banner/jersey was missing.
    Bob Dandridge. Jeff had a Dandridge jersey with him so he hung it on one of the globes.)
    33. Black
    34. Alive
    35. Fuckin’ Up-(Young) (during the intro Ed says he has worn a Bears jersey every day, every show but I just gotta do this one time. He puts on a Green Bay Packers Jersey that says Vedder with a number ten. Stone wears the cheesehead.)
    36. Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

(“Hummus” from “Yield” plays during the walk out)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

I swear red dot was played as the intro. Were all crazy
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    That's exactly what the setlist says, though:

"Walk On Music: • (Untitled)"

Red Dot was the original Untitled. Not the Untitled of Live on Two legs.
  • boyo79 said:

Whens the No Code/Yield boxset out then? ;)

Exactly what I was thinking. Time to save for a Xmas present to self...
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • ceska said:

Boblaw014 said:

Avocado in Italy was not played in order...and it was in Italy.

Why has this statement been repeated in the last few days? The setlist thread for that show states: "The Avocado album is played all the way through, in order, only the second time this has ever been done by the band. The 1st was in Germany in 1992 when they performed all of Ten in order. "
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/22190/2006-09-19-palaisozaki-torino-italy-setlist-thread/p3

The Wikipedia page for the 2006 tour states: "On September 19, 2006, at the Torino, Italy show at Palaisozaki, Pearl Jam played Pearl Jam in its entirety in order mid-way through its set.[5]"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam_2006_World_Tour

Is this not the order of the album?
    Life Wasted, Worldwide Suicide, Comatose, Severed Hand, Marker In The Sand, Parachutes, Unemployable, Big Wave, Gone, Wasted Reprise, Army Reserve, Come Back, Inside Job,

Also, I didn't even recognize this was Yield at first glance of the setlist. For the album's liner notes, the songs go in different order, an order I like better. So I redid the album on CD and later for my mp3 player. This is the order the liner notes go in:
    MFC, Push Me Pull Me, DTE, Faithfull, Brain of J, Low Light, Wishlist,GTF, In Hiding, Pilate, No Way, Red Dot, All Those Yesterdays
    That's how I know Yield.
    Avocado was 100% played in order in Italy! It's just an honest mistake
  • The instant they ripped into Brain of J, I figured it was game on since they just played it Friday. As with Moline, my first reaction was "No fucking way", but they did it again. Absolutely insane. It didn't seem like many people near me realized what was going on, but it didn't stop me from losing my shit and dancing around as much as I could.

They ought to officially title these two bootlegs "Mindfuck in Moline" and "Mindfuck in Milwaukee" respectively, because that's exactly what each of these shows was. Such a strange phenomenon hearing the songs played in order but not fully believing they might actually be playing an entire album. Why? Because nobody does shit like that.

Except for Pearl Jam. It goes without saying, but we're so fortunate that these guys care about us as much as we care about them.
    2006 -- Chicago II
    2011 -- PJ20 II
    2012 -- Midtown Music Fest
    2013 -- Wrigley Field, Los Angeles I + III, Seattle
    2014 -- Moline, Milwaukee
    2016 -- Wrigley Field I + II
  • dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 670
    You lucky fuckers!
    Paul D.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I wish I was there. GET THIS SHOW ON YOUTUBE PLEASE! Congrats Milwaukee. In no way did I think they would have topped Moline. But those fuckers did.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Strangest Tribe and Hard to Imagine both scratched, usually people who be screaming about this. But when Yield is played , nothing else matters!!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    amazing..and very cool u add at the fan review infos like time on stage and off stage
    thanks Sea!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”