*** Moline Fanviews Here 10/17/14 ***

Comments

• Ohhh u forgot to say that eddie got my sign Gone and played my request lol the best concert of my life entire no code is epic !
  • I guess I still dont believe this happened last night whatha dream
  • Loved the show....no code my favorite album
    85Th show for me.,,...crowd last nite average to say the least. ....section 200 sucked..
  • alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    matt770 said:

Just want to say congrats to all who were at this show. Can't wait for the boot.
    Show me another band whose fans get geeked out for shows they didn't even go to. ^:)^ So awesome how they keep coming up with new ways to give back. I can't even be pissed I wasn't there. Just proud of these guys as odd as that sounds, just that they would play a show like that. Proud that I'm their fan.

I need that Moline poster too, like NEED it.

So funny! I was saying the exact same thing about being so pumped about a show I didn't even go to?! I'm happy for everyone who was able to enjoy this live. Wish I was one of them!
  • goodforyou19goodforyou19 Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 74

dot30 said:

Ellroy80 said:

Awesome setlist!! It was a terrible crowd though, at least around me (I had TM tickets, in the upper level). There were several rows of people who sat for the entire show and knew only the classics.

We were in section 207 last row and were right above those assholes. Or were you elsewhere? It looked like everybody else in the entire venue stayed on their feet the whole time! I did have to sit down for one song (they wore me out), but I was right back up!

PS I've learned to ignore those people or just sing louder and dance wilder! Can't let them bring you down!
    Was in section 209 near the top. Just thankful to be in the building. What a night. There were just a few around us that were sitting or not really that into most of it but I didn't really care. I was rocking it out with the other 99.9% of the crowd.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Wow. That may be the best Pearl Jam show that I have ever been to. Hearing No Code was awesome and In Hiding was another highlight for me.
    It was amazing to see the band do something special like they did last night.

In another thread, I compared the show to watching a no-hitter in baseball. We knew that something great may be happening and we were loving it but we also knew that it could end after any song. We were hanging on every song waiting to see if they would make it all the way through the album. Once EV said that Stone was going to sing, we know that they were going to close the thing out.
  • ridleyridley Posts: 163
    2003-02-19 Melbourne
    2003-02-20 Melbourne
    2006-11-13 Melbourne
    2006-11-14 Melbourne
    2006-11-16 Melbourne
    2009-11-22 Sydney
    2011-03-18 Sydney
    2011-03-19 Sydney
  • willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    edited October 2014

OK, so my wife and I just got back from Moline after visiting with friends, and going to last nights show. I have been going to PJ shows with my wife for over 20 years, and she tells me on the car ride home that she really wanted to hear Sirens and Betterman and she did not like the set list.

So my question is, should I leave her?

Depends how hot she is.
    Post edited by willc431994 on
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    So happy I went to this show. This was my first experience in GA and it obviously didn't disappoint. What an amazing band.
  • steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405

Yes, classic show. I'd like to thank my buddies from Fort Worth (who got me my GA ticket), East Peoria, IL (my best buddy who was in GA with me), Elgin, IL (who found a spare GA for my best buddy), Saint Louis, MO (thanks for a fun time at the Saint Louis show), Ann Arbor, MI (thanks for the Detroit gear) and a young kid from outside Philadelphia (good luck with everything man). You all made the show great and special.

No Code = Moline, IL forever.

I had a feeling with the small venue a great show would happen, and it did. This is a hometown show to me since I used to live in Davenport, IA, across the Mississippi River from Moline.

Thank you. Other than some people who kept pushing us, it was great! Third PJ show (first ga) and I get all of No Code and one of Mike's picks?!??! Are you kidding me?! Got to hear about 20 new songs! \m/

I'd also like to thank a guy from California/Israel for being really cool and nice in ga, people in the mech line for being pretty cool, and someone from NY who helped me out with a spare ga (sorry about the merch). Really appreciate it.

I want to especially thank John for helping us get from Chicago to Moline and back.

Hope the rest of the tour is great for all of you (but not as great as Moline, cuz jealousy and not sure it's possible) :P

PJ definitely wasn't "Fuckin Up" in Moline!
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
  • vanessapj said:

Ohhh u forgot to say that eddie got my sign Gone and played my request lol the best concert of my life entire no code is epic !

You look familiar, were you wearing a Brazil flag around your neck?
  • What is NO CODE?
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    So amazing how this band seems to just get better and still surprise and take care of their fans; this set shows why they're worth traveling to see apparently no matter where they are. I was considering retiring from the whole travel thing but a setlist like this has reinvigorated me (unfortunately for my friends who think it's crazy). I'm hoping we get Ten next year sometime next year if they celebrate PJ25, so glad they're now at that next level with the close to 3 hour sets and now possibly & hopefully full albums.
  • CaelumCaelum Illinois Posts: 25
    As a Quad Cities native, this show was extra special for me. Never thought I'd get to see them in Moline, and not only did they play there, they knocked it out of the park with No Code in its entirety and a new song just for Moline. It was my 11th Pearl Jam show and my favorite alongside Wrigley. Other circumstances put Wrigley up there, but for the "show" as in set list and performance, this is tops for me easily out of 11 shows. I lucked out for a single ticket on Ticketmaster near the top back of the arena after getting shut out on the lottery, but it was still a good seat.

And about the venue -- every show I've seen here sounds fantastic, if anyone ever gets a chance to go back there for anything else. It hosts minor league hockey as well, but seems designed for concerts. I'm no audio expert, but I suspect the fact that's it's not a full circle of an arena, but instead has a back wall behind the stage, and it's relatively compact size, make for a better sound experience in the stands. I've seen a number of bands play the arenas back-to-back in Moline and Peoria, and the Moline show noticeably always sounds way better than Peoria whenever that happens, in my opinion.

As a native of the area though, I'm disappointed I couldn't get a poster -- when I saw it featured a John Deere tractor, that reminds me of home and made me want one badly, but I couldn't get there early enough and they sold out minutes after I arrived. Hopefully I'll get a chance when they go on sale here along with the bootleg.
    St. Louis '00, East Troy, Wis., '03, St. Louis, '03, Champaign, Ill., '03, Chicago '06, Milwaukee Summerfest '06, PJ20 East Troy, Wis., '11, Wrigley Field, '13, St. Louis '14, Moline '14, Milwaukee '14
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    Did Eddie say anything about them playing the whole album? Other than end of side one
  • Ellroy80Ellroy80 Posts: 137
    dot30 said:

Ellroy80 said:

Awesome setlist!! It was a terrible crowd though, at least around me (I had TM tickets, in the upper level). There were several rows of people who sat for the entire show and knew only the classics.

We were in section 207 last row and were right above those assholes. Or were you elsewhere? It looked like everybody else in the entire venue stayed on their feet the whole time! I did have to sit down for one song (they wore me out), but I was right back up!

PS I've learned to ignore those people or just sing louder and dance wilder! Can't let them bring you down!
    I was in section 208, front row.
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Incredible show. Can't really say what hasn't already been said. Was an awesome fall day. It was my first time back in the Quad Cities in 23 years. Great river town. Had a blast at O'Keefes before the show. Shout out to Juan the crane operator from Davenport. Thought you said you were only doing one shot?! I counted 4 or 5! Stone sounded great on Mankind. Infallible, GTF and Fuckin' Up all sounded awesome. Thanks to Minny Jake for arranging the cab ride back to the Holiday Inn. Hope you guys had safe travels home. Sat and watched the river at 1 am, had a smoke and lamented what had just gone down.

Milwaukee tomorrow. Hoping for Thumbing and Last Exit.

Have fun in twin cities tonight all...

Anyone got an extra sticker to sell? PM me!

-Chicago G
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • vanessapj said:

Ohhh u forgot to say that eddie got my sign Gone and played my request lol the best concert of my life entire no code is epic !

Your song request sign ( florescent green) was the last thrown on stage. I watched it come from middle on GA floor. Someone tossed it on stage where it sat did not think it would get seen... until Ed sees it, picks it up and immediately shows the rest on the band. Great request great song.
    96 NY II ,CT, / 98 NJ, MSG I & II , DC, MD
    00 NY I, II, III , NJ I & II / 03 LI , NJ I , MSG I & II , NJ
    04 MA I, FL , PA / 05-NJ I & II
    06 NJ I & II, NY , CT / 08 NJ , MSG I & II, CT
    09- PA III & IV / 10 CT, NJ, MSG II
    11 Montreal / 13 MA 1 & 2 , Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford

• matt770 said:

OK, so my wife and I just got back from Moline after visiting with friends, and going to last nights show. I have been going to PJ shows with my wife for over 20 years, and she tells me on the car ride home that she really wanted to hear Sirens and Betterman and she did not like the set list.

So my question is, should I leave her?

No. But that was her last show :)
    :)) Awesome.
  • Did Eddie say anything about them playing the whole album? Other than end of side one

Yes, he made some comments about "I don't know why we don't play whole albums" and I think maybe even said something like not sure why we are doing it tonight-- can't remember but I think these comments were pretty early on, like during the 'first side'. The flow wasn't smooth. There were lots of re-starts, long pauses between songs-- clearly they knew they were going to do it but it involved transitions they don't usually make or something.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    edited October 2014
    WTF???? Couldn't do this show cause of a destination wedding. Then they do the unthinkable. No Code (favorite album ever!!) from start to finish!?!? Fuck. This band continues to blow my mind 20+ years later. Wish I was there you lucky fuckers. Can they just do this set again in Denver? ;)
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    matt770 said:

Just want to say congrats to all who were at this show. Can't wait for the boot.
    Show me another band whose fans get geeked out for shows they didn't even go to. ^:)^ So awesome how they keep coming up with new ways to give back. I can't even be pissed I wasn't there. Just proud of these guys as odd as that sounds, just that they would play a show like that. Proud that I'm their fan.

I need that Moline poster too, like NEED it.

HEY I'm not a geek!!!!!!

So they played the whole album!!!! WOW! :D

Okay now Yield for Denver.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • ANTIocmedANTIocmed Dopetown, IL Posts: 32
    edited October 2014
    16th show, second of the week, third in 2 weeks as we went to Memphis and St Louis. I will admit I was concerned after reading the Detroit set and because I paid a shitload off $$$ for our lower bowl tix off stubhub since I got shutout of the ten club tix for this show. But, I think I liked our seats better than the club seats would've been. We were sec 113, 7 rows off the floor.
    I was somewhat disappointed with Small Town as the opener since I was worried this might just be another 'normal' show, but oh how wrong I was.
    Sometimes starts and I'm like 'ok, this is decent', then comes Hail, Hail, and I'm thinking 'yea, I like this one too', and I still don't recognize anything unusual. Matt starts drumming what I think is In My Tree but something's sounds different, and Jeff teased the baseline for it and then stopped. Then came the intro guitar for Who You Are and I'm like 'holy shit, this is gonna be a good night!' But I still didnt recognize that they just played the first three songs of No Code in order!. It was beyond anything I could realistically expect them to do so I wasn't aware yet. THEN came In My Tree and then it hit me 'they just played the first 4 songs of No code!, could it be? Could they being doing this for real?'.... I don't think anyone around me really knew what was going on, but I was going apeshit! Once I saw Jeff and stone switch guitars for Smile and I knew it was ON and it was complete bliss! Mindfuck complete!
    All of No Code sounded great....the only real screw up was Mankind with mikes guitar tuned wrong. I thought the beaks between songs weren't actually that long and just normal breaks to switch guitars. Otherwise, they did great. I forget which song but Ed forgot the opening line and some guy on the rail helped him out and Ed remembered the words.... Later Ed thanked him for being his Teleprompter.
    So Ed says something like 'we only have like two songs left' and the crowd boos, and then they proceeded to start calling audibles. It was sooooo awesome.
    The rest of the show was great and I thought it was hilarious when mike was playing Rick Nielsons guiatar during Alive and towards the end of the song he was playing back next to Matt. Matt leans over and tells mike 'smash it!', as in smash the guitar and mike laughs and goes 'nooooo'....one of those moments where the band was having a helluva good time.

16th show and I think this is the best I've seen, even better than Wrigley or my first show in Chicago 2000......

Thanks Ed, Jeff, Stone, Matt, Mike, and Boom.... A truly special night and I am so glad I was part of it.
    Post edited by ANTIocmed on
    Say hello to the rug's topography..It holds quite a lot of interest with your face down on it
  • MliClkMliClk Posts: 5
    I'm with everyone else here - mind blown! I was born and raised in Moline, live and work here too! I'm not sure I'll ever come down from this concert high! I'm obsessed with this new song and I know the real lyrics will come out soon and I pray it's on the next album but in the mean time, does anyone want to help out with the lyrics? Here's what I can gather from the videos posted:

I knew there was trouble so I left Detroit
    I left my old man for a plane full of boys
    But did he leave me that son of a bitch
    Came home after dawn always smelling like _____ (help)
    He took my share and still didn’t care
    and he probably woulda killed me if I’d had stayed there
    But I had a scheme so cool and so clean
    I got me a ticket found my way to Moline
    Moline, Moline, how have you been
    Been here before but it must have been a dream
    Moline you see your rivers turn green
    The Mississippi rises and widens the seam
    Moline, the cities and this is for me
    My name is Nancy but here I’m Colleen
    Here in Moline
    Now I look through the rents and life on my own
    Yeah, anything’s better than that bastard’s home
    And someday I’ll buy and look in our pain
    I got my eye in the Quad Cities now here in Moline
    The place with a chapel on fourth avenue and twelfth street
    Moline Moline, how have you been
    I thought I had been here before but it must have been a dream
    Moline you see your rivers turn green
    The Mississippi rises and widens the seam
    Moline it seems that this is Moline
    You call me Nancy now I live in Moline

• ANTIocmed said:

Matt starts drumming what I think is In My Tree but something's sounds different, and Jeff teased the baseline for it and then stopped. .

That was such a weird moment. I was bummed they weren't playing IMT. I still hadn't thought about No Code. I'm embarrassed to say it took me till Habit to catch on. X(
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I thought the same thing about IMT being played when it was really Who You Are. I was thinking "damn Matt is really changing up the drum part"....

Habit was awesome
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Setlist breakdown:

Ten: 6
    Vs.: 1
    Vitalogy: 1
    No Code: 13
    Yield: 4
    Binaural: 0
    Riot Act: 0
    Avocado: 1
    Backspacer: 0
    Lightning Bolt: 3
    Lost Dogs: 2
    Covers: 4
    New Songs: 1

Interesting that they played only one song from the 15 year stretch between Yield & Lightning Bolt (Gone)

• 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I took the lyrics to be "came home after dawn always smelling like pink"
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    MliClk said:

Came home after dawn always smelling like _____ (help)

sounded like "pink" or maybe "drink" i was wondering myself at the show..

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1