Set List

01. Pendulum
02. Wash
03. Low Light
04. Why Go
05. All Night
06. Mind Your Manners
07. Even Flow
08. (untitled improv)- [Ed strums his guitar and begins to wordlessly sing. Eventually he starts saying some phrases as the band quietly accompanies him.]
09. Lightning Bolt
(Ed mentions that he is under the weather and although he was in Texas he doesn't THINK it is Ebola but he did meet a lot of people and shake a lot hands. He warns the audience that if they play ‘Crazy Mary’ and a bottle gets passed around he is legally obligated to warn everyone that they may catch something. “This is a great job but it is very hard when you are sick in the throat so thanks for helping me with the singing tonight.”)
10. Sirens
(This one is about something we love so much but it doesn’t give a fuck about us. It is about the planet.”)
11. 1/2 Full
12. Garden (dedicated to a guy named “Clinton, not Bill. Just a guy named Clinton.”)

(Mike and Ed both have amusing stories. Mike says that he and Matt went to Sun Records Studio today and got a short tour. The person giving the tour said, “Pearl Jam’s drummer came here yesterday.” At first everyone thinks it was someone claiming to be Matt but it turns out it was Dave Krusen. Mike says Dave is at the show tonight. Ed’s story is longer but it involves a bouncer talking shit about Eddie and not recognizing that Ed is standing in front of him.)

13. Alone
14. Wishlist
15. Given To Fly
(“This one goes to Sun Records, to (?) records, to vinyl and to Duck Dunn”)
16. Let The Records Play
17. Spin The Black Circle
18. Black
19. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1

20. Nothing As It Seems
(we all know music can heal but sometimes it isn’t enough. We heard that a fellow musician passed away....This is for “Ikey”) [Ikey Owens]
21. Come Back
22. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
23. Do The Evolution
24. Breath (someone throws something at Ed while he is reaching out to the people in the barricade. Ed flips them off and says that is fucked up. Pearl Jam security starts to find the guy but Ed tells them not to because “he isn’t doing anything now”. Ed also lets someone in the audience sing a line.)
25. Porch
(Ed sings from the barricade-he warns the people reaching up to him “don’t get sick!”)

Encore Break 2
(Ed notes that they have played a lot of old songs tonight. He states that he remembers hearing those early demos that Matt had played on. Some turned into Pearl Jam songs, some became Temple of The Dog. He said it was all about how Jeff and Stone wrote and he is so thankful to be a part of it.)
26. Once
(Ed indicates that he has a fresh bottle of wine for the audience members so they don’t get sick from his bottle)
27. Crazy Mary-(Williams)
28. Better Man
29. Alive
30. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) [Jeff and Mike swap instruments]
31. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    Awesome show! Ridiculous set list \m/ couldn't have asked for anything better. Thanks guys =D>
  • Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    Looks like an amazing show, hope the incident during breath didn't take anything away from the show. Anyone see what happened?
  • Looks like an amazing show, hope the incident during breath didn't take anything away from the show. Anyone see what happened?

Never saw it... but it'll never cease to amaze me- the stupidity of people.

"Hyuk hyuk. I tossed ma beer cup at Eddie I dun reckon I did."
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    No way and GHOST was as bonus at the set,didnt play it..how epic would be that??
    thanks Sea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Saw the incident. Earlier Ed borrowed a cell phone and took a cool video with it. Later this lady threw her cell phone unannounced at Ed to take a video. It just missed his head. They kept it. She got it back after show, but just barely.

Did not ruin anything though! Show was ridiculous. Considering Ed was pretty sick the band was amazing and the energy in the room was super crazy good. Breath was amazing and the better man, alive, ritfw, ylb closing was killer.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Wonderful show

Loved comeback, nothing as it seems

Thought we get can't help falling in love and light years ..... Light yrs especially, next time I guess
    Memphis is a great city, people have been tremendous

Went to Graceland then this! Fuckin history lesson :)

Going back home to NY for a lil work then Denver
  • Stax records referred to during given to fly
  • tadpole said:

Stax records referred to during given to fly

You came through in the clutch on your 1st post!

Nice work.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Tora74Tora74 Posts: 107
    Awesome show! ! Poor Ed even sick he gave us an epic performance. All the guys were outstanding. From start to finish just incredible hard to pick a favorite song 1/2 Full, Garden, Porch, Nothing As It Seems.

Thanks guys for a wonderful night :)

PEACE!!!
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    3.29.94 St. Pete, FL
    9.21.12 Pensacola, FL
    11.1.13 New Orleans, LA
    10.14.14 Memphis, TN
    4.13.16 Jacksonville, FL
    EV 11.21.12 Memphis, TN
    EV 11.28.12 Orlando, FL
  • alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    Wash, Alone, Breath, Garden! Standouts for sure. The boys NEVER let me down. Met some awesome people from around the country and rocked my ass off for 3 hours. I'd say Memphis goes down as a success.
  • carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    Someone threw sinething at Ed and he looked back at what it was and said "that's fucked up"
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    For Ed being sick you couldn't tell. A great show and setlist.

The crowd was great from the beginning and stayed that way. Breath and Alone were definitely a surprise and loved NAIS. Lucky to hear it every time.

Crazy Mary with Boom and Mike trading licks was a highlight too.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    =P~ SET LIST - DAMN! The entire set. Wow. Wow. :D
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    I think Cincinatti was a better show as well as setlist,but thats just my opinion.
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    edited October 2014
    Superb setlist! No Way and Ghost would have taken it from superb to epic.. still it looks like a great gig on paper..! How was the improv?
    the improv from Berlin 12 is one of the coolest things I've experienced live..!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Bushleaguer666Bushleaguer666 Long Island Posts: 45
    I was 3 deep to the right of Ed. During Breath when the cell phone almost hit him in the head, it was just like in PJ20 during Breath. He became so pissed off (rightly so). His eyes where so animated, almost like crazy eyes. He quickly chilled and everything was cool.
    Holmdel, NJ; July 14, 2003
    Continental Airlines Arena, NJ; June 1, 2006
    Madison Square Garden; June 24, 2008
    The Prudential Center; May 18, 2010
    Madison Square Garden 2; May 21, 2010
    Barclay Center 2; October 19, 2013
    Charlottesville, VA; October 29, 2013
    Tulsa, OK; October 8, 2014
    Lincoln, NE; October 9, 2014
    Memphis, TN; October 14, 2014
    Global Citizen; September 26, 2015
    Tampa, FL; April 11, 2016
    Madison Square Garden 1; May 1, 2016
    Madison Square Garden 2; May 2, 2016
    Toronto, Canada 2; May 12, 2016
  • Ridiculous set list. This makes my 7th show and by far the longest I've been to. 3 freaking hours of Eddie and Friends. I'm guessing the shorter tour makes for longer shows?? Wash! Breath! Never experienced either live. If only Ghost would have made it! Was sad to leave the forum.
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    phil7280 said:

Ridiculous set list. This makes my 7th show and by far the longest I've been to. 3 freaking hours of Eddie and Friends. I'm guessing the shorter tour makes for longer shows?? Wash! Breath! Never experienced either live. If only Ghost would have made it! Was sad to leave the forum.

no opener makes for longer shows ;)

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168
    How was Ed's voice? Being sick and all... Hope he's feeling better for Detroit
  • The setlist looks incredible. Lucky people.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    edited October 2014
    I drove to Nashville from Bluffton SC the day before the show to catch some Z's at my cousin's house before we left for Memphis the next morning... We got into town around 7AM and found that there were people who ad camped out over night so there were probably 40 people in line ahead of us at the time we got there. No worries though... My 15th PJ show (and my birthday show this year) Turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life... A little bit of back-story here... Last week my 91 year old grandmother was in the hospital and had to have surgery because of some bleeding issues... After the surgery things got a little scary when she got back into her room in ICU and they called the family back in... She was not breathing normally and so the doctor had to give her some medicine to counteract the anesthesia while the family members, we tried our best to get her breathing right by coaching her... It worked and her breathing was restored to normal levels so we got out of the scare, but she remained in ICU for about a week after that to recover and will need home health assistance for a while now.. On top of all this, I totaled my car on the way home from the hospital one day, so needless to say I REALLY needed this show... As Eddie said at one point, music can heal us, and for me Pearl Jam was the best medicine I've ever taken... AS we all know, each PJ show is a different experience...We all have our hopes and dreams, but we can't complain too much when they actually hit the stage and rock your socks off like they did last night with a set that perfectly balanced the hits and the rarities... First things first- Mike and Matt were on fire in this show... IDK if it was because Eddie told them to pick up the slack because he was feeling guilty for being sick (which no one would have noticed had he not said anything) or what, but it was great... I mean mike had ample opportunities to shred on Even Flow, Half Full, Back, Alone, Crazy Mary, Nothing As It Seems, Porch, Alive, Breath, Rocking In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter, and a few others... Black and RVM from this show were pretty epic. But the highlight for me had to be Porch... I ended up holding Eddie up for a good minute or two while he sang in the crowd... Wash these hands? I think not.. Besides that little slice of heaven, other highlights included Wash (it had been raining off and on all day in Memphis,) All Night, RITFW with Eddie playing on Matts drums and Mike and Jeff switching instruments in the middle of the song... Spin the Black Circle with Mike doing his usual circling of the stage never gets old, Let the Records Play sounded good live, Alone, Breath, and Crazy Mary which had a great Mike and Boom Jam on it... Matt was really hitting hard on Black and RVM... Got a few pics from Mike... The crowd was fantastic in the pit... No pushing at all and it felt like I had a lot of room to just enjoy the evening... Eddie mentioned how much he appreciated the crowd at the end of the night and he sincerely meant it because we had all been trying to help him out a little since he told us he was having a little trouble with his voice... I may have only gotten 1 song I had not heard live before, but that doesn't matter because I had an amazing time watching my favorite band of all time as they took my pain and cares away with the power of music.... We met some really cool people at the show and Beale St. was pretty sweet, got some vinyl and checked out the Gibson guitar facilities in town... I can't thank Eddie and the fellas enough for the effort that they put into doing this rock n roll thing night in night out for us, they are truly a special group of amazing and talented people who make music that means something, that has a purpose and lifts us up when we need it most... I know I will never forget last night, I hope anyone who was in the building says the same...
    Post edited by pjpjpaul on
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    joseph33 said:

I think Cincinatti was a better show as well as setlist,but thats just my opinion.

Just looking at it on paper I was thinking the same thing but I wasn't there last night. Garden and breath are the two that stand out to me.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • smobeesmobee Valparaiso Indiana Posts: 178
    Have they opened every show with Pendulum?
  • at what time did pearl jam take the stage? how long did they play?
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    KC138045 said:

joseph33 said:

Just looking at it on paper I was thinking the same thing but I wasn't there last night. Garden and breath are the two that stand out to me.
    Lincoln killed it.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Think stage time was 8:03 or so? Played till about 11:05 maybe?

Energy from the fans was amazing. And the band looked like they were having a really good time. So much fun!
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Amazing show. Thanks to the band and especially to Ed for belting it out despite being so sick. Amazing setlist. Love Mikey's new "Heisenberg" hat ;)
  • Alone for only the 10th time on US Soil in the last 20 years? Nice.

More to come....
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=5krZNu83snk
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited October 2014
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196

Alone for only the 10th time on US Soil in the last 20 years? Nice.

More to come....
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=5krZNu83snk

I always kinda thought Memphis would be a standout and after Wash i knew it would be awesome. Mike totally killed it the entire show. He was ON! During Spin The Black Circle, he was nonstop running laps around the entire stage. Totally cool story, the guy in front of me was a wishlist organizer and he had a meet/greet with Jeff and Mike before the show. Naturally, he was reserved on Mikes side and he acknowledged (I'm gonna say us because it felt like he was pointing at me also) us about 7-10 times. Totally cool.

Alone, Garden, Breath Nothing As It Seems and a not so normal Porch (intro was slow and chill and then they went off) all pushed this show very high on my list. Wish this wasn't the last show of this tour for me but...