October 03, 2014

01. Pendulum
02. Low Light
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Go
05. Do The Evolution
06. Mind Your Manners
07. My Father’s Son
(“Top Of The Eighth”-improve with Ed giving the score to St. Louis Cardinals and Los Angeles Dodgers)
{Ed thanks the doctor for the St. Louis Blues for helping with Ed’s knee injury so he could  get up on stage an play this...}
08. Corduroy
09. Lightning Bolt
10. Pilate
11. Even Flow
12. Swallowed Whole
13. Why Go
14. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney)
15. Daughter/WMA
(Dedicated to Brett Hall, his father and good friend JR)
16. Jeremy
(Matt and Ed do a very strummy low key improv while Ed talks about the final score and salutes Kerry Wood. Ed plays the first chord of ‘Porch’ and then says “oh no...actually this would be a good time for request.  He leans into the audience and then plays..)
17. Lukin
18. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break

19. Imagine-(Lennon) (just Ed and Boom playing)
20. Just Breathe
21. Thin Air
22. Footsteps
23. Last Kiss-(Cochran) (played to audience behind the stage)
(Ed notices a woman holding a sign that says this is her 100th show.  He also talks about enjoying life while we can because half the time it is good and half the time it isn’t.  Ed mentions “Baby B” and it seems he has a list of people that wanted to hear songs for a variety of reasons from tragedies to birthdays.)

24. Once
25. Down
26. Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns-(Mother Love Bone, A. Wood)
27. Porch

Encore Break 2

(Ed talks some baseball and dedicates the next song to Andi Kyle)

28. Given To Fly
29. Setting Forth
30. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
(Mike and Ed lean on each other and keep getting lower until they are lying on the stage. Ed eventually helps Mike up by lifting him by his belt loop.)
31. Alive
32. Baba O’Riley (Townshend)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Comments

• pea64pea64 Indiana Posts: 207
    St. Louis > Cincinnati. Just saying!
    1998: East Troy x2, Chicago, Noblesville
    2000: Noblesville, Columbus, Cincinnati, East Troy, Chicago
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: London, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Phoenix
    2014: Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago x2
    2018: Chicago
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Wow. Just...wow. This day started at 4:45am, featured a frantic trip to the airport, a 2 1/2 hour flight to Chicago, a canceled connection to St Louis, a rental car, a 300 mile trek across southern Illinois...all to get to this show. And it was worth every second.

The main set had that great energy that we know and love. They sounded great and the crowd was hot.

The second encore though...HOLY SHIT. Imagine was mind blowing. Beautiful to hear and hard to believe it was actually happening. I got chills and I was not alone.

The highlight though for me was Footsteps. Finally after all these years I heard the song I most wanted to. It was incredible. Incredible.

I say this a lot but not often enough... Thank you. Thank you Eddie. Thank you Mike. Thank you Pearl Jam. You guys are the best.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Awesome awesome show. Crowd and band were on fire! Imagine was my highlight. Can't wait for the next show.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    I've been to many shows by many different artists...this was the best show I've ever seen. Pearl Jam has never sounded so tight. And Pilate and Thin Air in the same set? Greatness. I can't wait for Tulsa, though I honestly don't think it will be able to match what I saw tonight.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Fan club tix were awesome!!! Six rows up on mikey s side, first section from the stage.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Just crazy. Best show I have seen. 10 club tix. 1st row on floor on Mike's side. Bring on Moline.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    First 4 songs of encore were seated and mostly acoustic, except for Footsteps & Last Kiss. The WMA tag was extended verses with Ed saying 'Justice, Justice' at the end. My 16th show & it was a great one! Imagine was a total surprise as was Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns (sounds incredible live). I think they've finally got My Fathers Son down. Heavy on the Lightning Bolt songs & a great mix keeping things interesting between the fan faves.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lbpeltzlbpeltz Posts: 98
    Assuming Andi is Daryl's son? Nice touch if so.
  • Truly a magestic show. Its been about a year since I saw the boys and its my only show this tour. This is number 49 for me and I had a blast. I was in section 102 Stone side; the sound was very muddled throughout the first half of the first set but it got a lot better as the show went along. Set list was great. I really think, however, its the 2nd and 3rd sets that set apart each show, the intimacy that is that makes a PJ show different from other shows come in the 2nd half of shows. Tonight did not disappoint." Imagine" was a real surprise and Ed sang it with real emotion, but footsteps was the emotional journey that some of us went on. Can't describe it but if you have experienced it then you know. A few highlights were imagine, footsteps, setting forth, baba (as always) and pilate was a treat. The people around me were great- the usual high fives and the ever present "other guy from Boston", damn a lot of fans from Boston every time I travel . . . Some of the lesser moments were- the sound at the beginning, lightening bolt (I know, I do like it cause it just meanders a bit), jeremy (ed leaves us to sing the parts he can't, but what do we expect 23 years into this journey). All in all it was a wonderful experience, kinda emotional in some parts and rockin in others. I thought Mike was a bit tame tonight and Eddie kinda carried the band through. Oh and by the way, St Louis is a a great town and the people are wonderful, at least the ones I met. Great town. And I finally met Boston Lou, who I've been mistaken for many times. Ok I'm rambling but this is what happens when you see the greatest rockin n roll band in the world (2014) and your wife falls asleep and you can't get to sleep because you just witnessed rock heaven. Ok gotta sleep . .
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • Pretty darn good show. Not the strongest I've seen, but was with somebody who was seeing them for the first time, which really emphasized what a good set list it was. Footsteps was awesome. Hadn't heard Imagine cover live.

Posters were gone to early so if anyone out there has extras please pm me! I'm a bit desperate (and want to get the newbie one) so I'll be eternally grateful, as I am to PJ for another amazing night!
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Pilate, Imagine, daughter/WMA, Chloe/Crown, Footsteps, Thin Air, ONCE!....

Surrounded by a bunch of their up-beat rock songs.

Great show PJ
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Awesome second set! John Lennon's birthday is Oct 9th...maybe Imagine in Lincoln?!?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Imagine added after the Alan Henning news ?
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Wow! I'll say more tomorrow but this was truly an incredible show! Imagine. Peace.
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    That setlist looks great!
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901

Awesome second set! John Lennon's birthday is Oct 9th...maybe Imagine in Lincoln?!?!

+1

1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Is this the first LB show where Sirens has been skipped?
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    Thank you so much PJ and 10C!!! Setlist was better than we could've ever expected or written ourselves. Sat in section 101 Row G. First show for my 14 and 12 year olds. They were blown away over all. They had to take a couple breathers and check their phones which I expected. Just so thankful they were there to witness a show they will appreciate much more later in life. During Chloe, Stone sat on the side of the stage in front of us with his head down. Was so emotional and a moment I will never ever forget. Guys are truly in mid season form. Everybody is in store for an amazing run of shows this fall. Setlist speaks for itself, just amazing! Band and crowd energy was off the charts, so in tune with eachother. The moment Ed took to recognize the fans on here was overwhelming. Hate to miss the rest of the tour but will go home completely satisfied after tonight. There just isn't a better band anywhere in the world. They definitely didn't miss the opportunity to prove that again tonight. Safe travels everybody!!!
    Chris, Beth, Elijah and Maggie Walker
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Sweet set last night. Need to find an audience recording, ASAP!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    pdalowsky said:

Imagine added after the Alan Henning news ?

Didn't say. They band had just come back and were about to play Just Breathe, and Ed says something like. "Mikey, I want to do this one" and then everyone else hopped off the stage and Imagine was played. Too bad it didn't replace Just Breathe :D

Also, Ed introduced Last Kiss as "Drive Safely".
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    I think it was during Better Man when Ed goes to lean on Mike's back like he often does. Looks cool when it works out. But I don't think Mike and was prepared or maybe the angle was weird but they both end up on the ground, with Jeff chuckling, then walking over to Stone to giggle some more. Hilarious!
  • tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Amazing set! Can't wait for the audience bootleg!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    It's so awesome to read all of your comments. I'm in Australia so living vicariously through all you guys right now. It sounds like an amazing show I'm so jealous and hope that they tour down here again soon. Thank you all for sharing and keep the stories coming!!
  • tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    demetrios said:

Sweet set last night. Need to find an audience recording, ASAP!

Absolutely! Great show. Is there an audience recording of Cincy yet?
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
    When the recordings surface I think people will be blown away by how beautiful Imagine was. The Portugal performance is great but this I think was better.

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    JimmyV said:

When the recordings surface I think people will be blown away by how beautiful Imagine was. The Portugal performance is great but this I think was better.

Ask and u shall receive my friend.

http://youtu.be/yCG199s_A3Q

badbrains said:

JimmyV said:

Ask and u shall receive my friend.

http://youtu.be/yCG199s_A3Q

Awesome! Thanks. :-)

• nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Ed was wearing an actual "pearl jam" t shirt, cant remember last time i saw a lead singer wear his actual band's shirt.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    JimmyV said:

Wow. Just...wow. This day started at 4:45am, featured a frantic trip to the airport, a 2 1/2 hour flight to Chicago, a canceled connection to St Louis, a rental car, a 300 mile trek across southern Illinois...all to get to this show. And it was worth every second.

The main set had that great energy that we know and love. They sounded great and the crowd was hot.

The second encore though...HOLY SHIT. Imagine was mind blowing. Beautiful to hear and hard to believe it was actually happening. I got chills and I was not alone.

The highlight though for me was Footsteps. Finally after all these years I heard the song I most wanted to. It was incredible. Incredible.

I say this a lot but not often enough... Thank you. Thank you Eddie. Thank you Mike. Thank you Pearl Jam. You guys are the best.

Good for you overcoming the travel issues to get there! Was a fun show.
  • Holy Shit! I'm still amped up from the show and set list. My highlights were Imagine/Chloe/RVM. I wish I was seeing more shows this tour because the band seems to be clicking on all cylinders. Have a blast and enjoy life at these shows!
    2009 Chicago
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Louis
    2016 Wrigley 1
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2022 EV Chicago, St. Louis
    2023: Chicago 1,2

"How I choose to feel is how I am, and I feel fucking awesome" - Gleason