*** Milan Fanviews Here 6/20/14 ***

13»

Comments

• Amir1978Amir1978 Posts: 143
    There has been a moment during the "Daughter" tags when I had a deja vu:
    the crowd started yelling "Hey, Hey" much like they (we) did back in 2000 in Milan.

Back then, we had an exciting "duel" with Ed, as the crowd was in turn yelling ever louder, and in turn Vedder responded even louder each time and in the end killing us with a pitch that still gives me goose bumps.

Well this time before going into "It's OK" many of us tried to repeat the "pattern", yelling "Hey, hey" regularly and for a moment I thought Ed was going for it again too. I wonder if perhaps he reconsidered after seeing this massive crowd.
    Anyone else share this thought?
    Rome 1996 - Milan 2000 - Verona 2006 - London 2009 - EV Hammersmith II 2012 - Milan 2014 - EV Florence & Sicily I-II 2017 - Barolo 2019
  • No_CoDeyeahNo_CoDeyeah Posts: 162
    Hi there

Here a little movie I did during the show

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/MGlIOdbpaw8
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PodaPoda Posts: 21
    The Ten Club seats were awful. Sound was bad, could not hear Stone, could hardly see the stage. But I enjoyed it just the same, its just fun to be there.
    "I wish I was a messenger, and all the news was good"
    (Eddie Vedder)
    Visit Wishlist - An Unofficial Pearl Jam Podcast
    http://bastulli.wordpress.com
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,926
    edited June 2014
    Only my fourth show, but the best I've been to so far by a long way. The fans were great where we were down in front of Mike (about 8 rows back). I thought it was going to get rowdy once we got the four openers out of the way but it was never too bad. Turning round to see 65k singing and clapping along was something I won't forget.

Looks like Trieste was also a great show too, shame I couldn't get my wife to extend our trip over there. Can't wait for Leeds and MK, hoping for more of the same!

Let it go, let it go!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Great energy! The band really enjoyed the gig...it was a collective celebration of the 90s...amazing "not for you" and surprising "black"
  • stickman7stickman7 Posts: 3
    My first show! Unforgettable. Better late than never I guess: even though I'm 20 years late to the party thankfully these guys can still do the business and put on a great show.

Me and my buddies were right up in the top tier in the green zone and even though we could barely see the guys on the stage and the sound wasn't that great up there, I totally lost it the moment they played the first few bars of Release, right the way through to the end of Black... I was a carefree mess. My personal highlights were Evolution, RVM, Go, Why Go, Daughter, Elderly Woman... ahh what the hell too many to list!

This show absolutely blew my mind and on top of the band themselves, the loyalty, knowledge and all-round friendliness of everyone in the crowd was a huge bonus and a measure of this band's greatness. Even for a first-timer I felt like this was a fantastic PJ show and I'm glad to see so many more experienced fans seem to agree it was outstanding. Looking forward to the next one. Thank you PJ and thank you Italy for an unforgettably special weekend.
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • SmarsiliSmarsili Rome, Italy Posts: 2
    I just wanted to say it was my first PJ show....I'm 34 years old, I started listening to PJ when I was 17...half my life! But somehow I never had the chance to see them live, I was always low on money, or couldn't take permissions from work, or was "distracted" by other things...I don't have words to describe how I felt...listening to songs I sang million times in my car, in my room, with friends, alone, when I was happy or when I was sad: I cried, I had shivers, I just couldn't believe it was true! It was happening in front of my eyes. Thank you guys, It was just as good as I expected...maybe more! favourite song of the performance was yellow ledbetter, when the guitar started I felt so happy I just HAD to cry.
  • edited June 2014
    So glad I wasn't the only one upset by terrible 10C seats. Paid so much between tickets, accommodation and flights and had been looking forward to the gig for so long. I had bought my friend a ticket for her birthday and it was her first PJ show, so I was incredibly excited for her to experience a PJ gig because there's nothing else like it. But our seats were the last seats to the left. The only person we could glimpse was Eddie and sometimes not even him. The worst part was that there was such a huge gap between us and the crowd on the ground. We were completely removed from the atmosphere of the whole thing. We did our best but most people around us were just sitting for the majority of the gig. It was like sitting on a hill outside a venue because you couldn't afford tickets. I could have cried I was so disappointed. I would have been much better off to have just bought in the general sale.

The set was incredible, the lads were amazing, I just wish I hadn't been left watching it on a screen while people around me shifted in and out of their seats and talked. Hoping, along with someone else on this thread, that this error was on the venue's part and not 10C.

Fingers crossed for Leeds..
    Post edited by My Father's Daughter on
  • evlover76evlover76 Posts: 26
    That's the point ... You got it.
    We should do something about that ... any idea?
    EVLOVER76
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,926

So glad I wasn't the only one upset by terrible 10C seats. Paid so much between tickets, accommodation and flights and had been looking forward to the gig for so long. I had bought my friend a ticket for her birthday and it was her first PJ show, so I was incredibly excited for her to experience a PJ gig because there's nothing else like it. But our seats were the last seats to the left. The only person we could glimpse was Eddie and sometimes not even him. The worst part was that there was such a huge gap between us and the crowd on the ground. We were completely removed from the atmosphere of the whole thing. We did our best but most people around us were just sitting for the majority of the gig. It was like sitting on a hill outside a venue because you couldn't afford tickets. I could have cried I was so disappointed. I would have been much better off to have just bought in the general sale.

The set was incredible, the lads were amazing, I just wish I hadn't been left watching it on a screen while people around me shifted in and out of their seats and talked. Hoping, along with someone else on this thread, that this error was on the venue's part and not 10C.

Fingers crossed for Leeds..

You'll have no such problems at Leeds, there doesn't seem to be a bad seat in the house! Such a shame about the seats, we paid a lot to be there too but the standing experience was great. Hope 10c put this right for future tours.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • SplatterfunkSplatterfunk Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Great performance and great magic! They always give something more!
  • ak.sa.raak.sa.ra Posts: 57
    This is my first ever Pearl Jam concert and I was more than happy. This was San Fucking Siro. And to be there with the rest 65.000 was totally something. Me and my wife flew 11.690 km from Indonesia to be in our maiden concert. My wife loves Release, and I got my all time favorite Corduroy. The nicest surprise was Thin Air, which its lyric we quoted in our wedding invitation.

I wasn't expecting Small Town after serials of killer opener (Release, Nothingman, Sirens, and Black), but turned out it was on the first encore. So happy.

Our seat is damn straight center (P section), during the lasts of first encore everybody started to go down, slam dancing, dan having fun.

The clapping hand were shivering and really beautiful seen from above.

Thank you Pearl Jam for the first impression.
    Five, five...five against who?
  • RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Black was awesome !!!
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Listening the boot makes this show great...wonderful crowd!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Air23 said:

Listening the boot makes this show great...wonderful crowd!

ajmazing..the sing along was unreal
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Mike not on YL on the bootleg ... or what? Very very low in the mix. Sounds like he is already in Trieste.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
    My bad.
    Using crappy headphones.
    Fine on the good ones
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid

(37)
    milan said:

My bad.
    Using crappy headphones.
    Fine on the good ones

no shit,thought the same by listen from speakers..headphones was great to listen
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Yeah.................. I still think he is a bit low in the mix on these 2014 Euro Boots
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid

(37)
    milan said:

Yeah.................. I still think he is a bit low in the mix on these 2014 Euro Boots

It trieste is all good..is the one heard the most..vimna as well sounds good to me
    .in berlin now
    ill wait next week,now have only the radio browdcast..and not headphones with me..sounds abit low in this..quality is great tho at bootlegs
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    if anyone managed to get a purple pin at this show please get in touch :)

i'll make it worth your while