Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    EarlWelsh said:

and one other thing, can you imagine being a cop in a high crime and violence area ? I'm not saying cops are perfect there are some bad cops but but they do get death threats just because they're cops,they get shot at just because they're cops and they get killed just because they're cops.....that would make a person a little more cautious don't ya think ?

Godfather.

I just can't believe you spelled 'cautious' correctly.
    even I get lucky from time to time =;

Godfather.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937

and one other thing, can you imagine being a cop in a high crime and violence area ? I'm not saying cops are perfect there are some bad cops but but they do get death threats just because they're cops,they get shot at just because they're cops and they get killed just because they're cops.....that would make a person a little more cautious don't ya think ?

Godfather.

Sure it would....but how does that justify killing Michael Brown when he's got his hands up, he's on the ground, and he's already been shot 2 times?

Im not trying to justify anything Im pointing out that people get killed everyday and some by cops but soon as a black person gets killed by a cop or a white person all hell breaks loose,the larger percentage of blacks killed in violent crimes are by other blacks but you don't see looting and arson in that case do you.

Godfather.
    Huh? This isn't just a black person being killed by a cop. This was a murder by a cop.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348

Godfather.

Sure it would....but how does that justify killing Michael Brown when he's got his hands up, he's on the ground, and he's already been shot 2 times?

Im not trying to justify anything Im pointing out that people get killed everyday and some by cops but soon as a black person gets killed by a cop or a white person all hell breaks loose,the larger percentage of blacks killed in violent crimes are by other blacks but you don't see looting and arson in that case do you.

Godfather.
    Huh? This isn't just a black person being killed by a cop. This was a murder by a cop.

So you know all the facts already? I am glad because the news doesn't. Until all the facts come out we will not know what happened.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    I keep hearing on MSNBC about the militarized police the other day. MSNBC seems to neglect the fact that there were riots, stores were vandalized and burnt looting was taking place.

Also Rev Sharpton pretty much hinted that more violence will happen when Michael Brown's friends see him in a coffin. I believe he does more harm than good.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    shockingly Michael Brown was a suspect in a strong armed robbery (of a clerk half his size no less) and is why there were stopped. when you wanna act like a gangster sometimes the results aren't so good.

Godfather.

Godfather.

murdr by one black person to another is different ? as for guilty or not we'll just have to wait until the investigation is finished.

Godfather.

pjhawks said:

shockingly Michael Brown was a suspect in a strong armed robbery (of a clerk half his size no less) and is why there were stopped. when you wanna act like a gangster sometimes the results aren't so good.

I wonder what al sharpton has to say about that ?

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

murdr by one black person to another is different ? as for guilty or not we'll just have to wait until the investigation is finished.

Godfather.

Yes I would say it IS different....one was a cop. That's kind of the point here

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    pjhawks said:

Keyword: suspect
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I get the point and it is really fucked up.....it sounds like the cop pretty much executed the kid. The sad part is that a huge deal about violence only seems to be made when it is a cop or a white person shooting a minority.

I live in Chicago and there have already have been hundreds of murders this year and there will be hundreds more throughout the rest of the year. I know this is a bit off-topic, but where is the outrage here or in other cities with gang violence? Where are Jesse and Al? Why aren't they on the south and west sides of Chicago trying to clean that up? There's so much fucked up shit that goes on in this country....it just amazes me how only specific cases seem to garner public attention.

pjhawks said:

I wonder what al sharpton has to say about that ?

Godfather.

I'm guessing he wouldn't say murder by cop is a proper punishment

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Godfather.

Godfather.
    Yeah, that is true for sure. Of course, the other killings aren't directly connected to the war they're fighting, i.e. racism and police misconduct and murder because of racial profiling (presumably). I don't think there is anything wrong with them picking their battles.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    unsung said:

pjhawks said:

keyword: video

when will people start to learn that pretty much everything they do is most likely caught by some type of video.

look in no way am i saying the kid deserved what he got, but let's not act like he was an innocent bystander who got shot. he was a suspect, was walking in the middle of the street, and had a physical confrontation with the cop.
    pjhawks said:

unsung said:

pjhawks said:

when will people start to learn that pretty much everything they do is most likely caught by some type of video.

look in no way am i saying the kid deserved what he got, but let's not act like he was an innocent bystander who got shot. he was a suspect, was walking in the middle of the street, and had a physical confrontation with the cop.
    Yeah, that's all true... but I'm not sure how that is relevant to the fact that he got killed while unarmed with his hands in the air.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    pjhawks said:

unsung said:

pjhawks said:

Actually he wasn't a suspect. The chief of police stated that the officer confronted him for jaywalking....not robbery.

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I get the point and it is really fucked up.....it sounds like the cop pretty much executed the kid. The sad part is that a huge deal about violence only seems to be made when it is a cop or a white person shooting a minority.

I live in Chicago and there have already have been hundreds of murders this year and there will be hundreds more throughout the rest of the year. I know this is a bit off-topic, but where is the outrage here or in other cities with gang violence? Where are Jesse and Al? Why aren't they on the south and west sides of Chicago trying to clean that up? There's so much fucked up shit that goes on in this country....it just amazes me how only specific cases seem to garner public attention.

That's not white on black crime. They won't start their cars.
    edited August 2014
    unsung said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

That's not white on black crime. They won't start their cars.
    I figure there is a BIG HUGE difference between gang violence and cops murdering unarmed people. I think that cops murdering unarmed people (especially when/if it's connected to racial profiling) is a very good reason for widespread protests. Gang violence is another issue that's very troubling, but it has nothing to do with police officers murdering people. Also, there is more of a POINT to protesting police murders. Protesting gang violence wouldn't do shit. Protesting when cops shoot unarmed people and then being protected by the police force actually has a chance of rendering some fairly immediate results.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    The kid is on video robbing the convenience store.The cop Didnt know he was a suspect.
    was there any proof that racial profiling was part of the killing ? or is that just the ol' stand by defence that is used to back up a charge of murder ? people use that term to gather support from those that will believe it.

Godfather.
    Black population,white cop. Was profiling needed?
    and....if this cop is found guilty of murder will all the black people caught on video be arested for burglery,breaking an entry and arson ?

Godfather.

and....if this cop is found guilty of murder will all the black people caught on video be arested for burglery,breaking an entry and arson ?

Godfather.

They should be
    It's on film also

was there any proof that racial profiling was part of the killing ? or is that just the ol' stand by defence that is used to back up a charge of murder ? people use that term to gather support from those that will believe it.

Godfather.

No, there is no proof. It is an assumption based on experience and various statistics. That part of it is opinion.... a valid opinion IMO. But the fact that the cops murdered an unarmed, injured kid with his hands raised isn't an opinion, and that warrants public outrage too. Obviously. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to argue.... that race issues shouldn't be a factor here? That's a tall order. Racism towards blacks in many places in America is palpable as far as they are concerned. Given the history and the stats, it seems pretty understandable that race becomes a part of the issue here. Keep in mind that it is a very emotional topic for a lot of people.

Godfather.

Probably. I don't see why not. You are concerned that the kids who got shot at and whose friend got killed won't get some prison time because it would be unfair to the murderer, or...?
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

No, there is no proof. It is an assumption based on experience and various statistics. That part of it is opinion.... a valid opinion IMO. But the fact that the cops murdered an unarmed, injured kid with his hands raised isn't an opinion, and that warrants public outrage too. Obviously. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to argue.... that race issues shouldn't be a factor here? That's a tall order. Racism towards blacks in many places in America is palpable as far as they are concerned. Given the history and the stats, it seems pretty understandable that race becomes a part of the issue here. Keep in mind that it is a very emotional topic for a lot of people.
    PJ,I don't see how in a suburb that is almost all black,that there was profiling.This officer was on the job for 6 years in the same town with no other issues.So I'm sure Hes had both good and bad dealings with the community.I think this is a tragic situation,and. In time we should see all the facts and details leading up to the actual killing.In No way am I condoning what the officer did if he killed the kid while in surrender.But in the couple of seconds this went down Isnt it possible that after the kid tried to take the cops weapon in the car(What innocent good kid does that btw) that maybe the officer was a little fearful that when the kid turned around he had a weapon.We don't know if his hands were up in the air or in the process of.Im not taking sides I want facts.I know alot of Law enforcement folks and some that work in predominantly black areas,You can't do your job if your a scum bag Rascist.So there is more to this.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

But in the couple of seconds this went down Isnt it possible that after the kid tried to take the cops weapon in the car(What innocent good kid does that btw) that maybe the officer was a little fearful that when the kid turned around he had a weapon.We don't know if his hands were up in the air or in the process of.
    If you are interested in the facts then why have you only taken the cops version of the story and not the other eye witnesses?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Godfather.

How many murders have there been in Furgeson this year? 0, that's right, 0.
    edited August 2014
    I'm less concerned about white cop/black victim than I am that the victim was murdered.

It is possible that the first shot was justifiable...maybe even the second shot. But shots 3-10 were murder.

dignin said:

rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

But in the couple of seconds this went down Isnt it possible that after the kid tried to take the cops weapon in the car(What innocent good kid does that btw) that maybe the officer was a little fearful that when the kid turned around he had a weapon.We don't know if his hands were up in the air or in the process of.
    If you are interested in the facts then why have you only taken the cops version of the story and not the other eye witnesses?

Dig,quote the whole paragraph,not just a fucking snippet.You will see I am not taking sides or condoning anything.I also didn't chastise the kid who robbed the store prior to the incident.
    I've been listening to the kids side via his entire community all day on CNN.I haven't heard the other sides story in detail