The Strain on FX

dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
edited January 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
That was some sick shit on TV last night, folks. Fascinating, disgusting, creepy, and all-around twisted.

What else should we expect from Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse?

Anyone else watch?
I SAW PEARL JAM
Post edited by dankind on
Tagged:

Comments

• IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I gotta finish watching the last 20mins of the episode, but so far so good!

(I got distracted with phone calls while viewing the show)

Can't really go wrong with del Toro, and Cuse? Lost is probably my favorite 'tv series' ever. So much respect!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    For those who haven't watched yet but do plan on it, here's my tip: don't eat while doing so.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Finished the episode, pretty good tv viewing. :)

(but I must recommend not eating while viewing another show, the pilot episode of the FX show 'Tyrant', that was significantly more disturbingly disgusting)

Episode two. Man, that little girl from Mama gets even scarier.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Episode two. Man, that little girl from Mama gets even scarier.

ooooh that's where she's from! Freak kid! The way she was hiding in the house in episode 3.

Great! Now I'm scared to pee! Thanks, The Strain!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    The makeshift autopsy, when they pulled "the stinger" out of the body cavity and it excreted all over the damn place ... :-&
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

The makeshift autopsy, when they pulled "the stinger" out of the body cavity and it excreted all over the damn place ... :-&

That was Good TV viewing! I liked the opening of the last episode when the German vampire guy put on all his makeup, wig etc, that was a good opening to an episode.

I'm watching like 4 shows, The Strain, Tyrant, Rush and Gang Related, all 'good' shows.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    I start a thrwad about it..noine answer!!good to see some watch it
    .just watched episode 4..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    That episode was good. Having read the books I will watch this show until it's conclusion.
    Just watched this week's (Sunday's) episode last night. The rat-eating strigoi living underground was not scary at all. X_X
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Rygar said:

That episode was good. Having read the books I will watch this show until it's conclusion.

How do you rate the show (so far) compared to the book(s)?
    So far they seem pretty close. It's been a while since I read them but they're more or less sticking to the books. The authors (Del Toro and Hogan) are involved with every episode so it will probably stay that way. I don't want to spoil anything or give anyone any impressions about what's to come in the tv show so I will shut up at that :)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    its not like under the dome where they took the book and Stephen King's name and just told a completely alternate and very lame story?
    MayDay10 said:

its not like under the dome where they took the book and Stephen King's name and just told a completely alternate and very lame story?

No...under the dome is really lame show..lol
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

MayDay10 said:

No...under the dome is really lame show..lol
    I saw a few episodes of that, utter junk! But I'm sure it has a following, I mean, its still on the air right?
    MayDay10 said:

Nope, the story has been pretty faithful so far.
    Idris said:

I must recommend not eating while viewing another show, the pilot episode of the FX show 'Tyrant', that was significantly more disturbingly disgusting.

Finally watched the pilot of Tyrant. There were so many disturbing moments. I'm curious as to what exact scene you were referring. My guess is what Jamal did to his new daughter-in-law -- at least, that's what it would be for me.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Idris said:

I must recommend not eating while viewing another show, the pilot episode of the FX show 'Tyrant', that was significantly more disturbingly disgusting.

Finally watched the pilot of Tyrant. There were so many disturbing moments. I'm curious as to what exact scene you were referring. My guess is what Jamal did to his new daughter-in-law -- at least, that's what it would be for me.

Yep, that scene in particular was on my mind when I posted that.

I've now seen all 8 episodes that have aired so far, its an interesting series, its got some very obvious propaganda moments and the occasional predictable one liners but otherwise a fairly 'good' show.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    So far I like it, behind on episode. Fat Hobbit sold them out man!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Watched episode 5 this AM; Fat Hobbit/Rudy started to make up for his actions.
    LOL @ Rudy
    Ooooohhh lmao, now I get it...'rudy/hobbit' hahah, I was wondering what u were on about! Took me a minute to register...
    I love when gollum refers to Sam as 'Fat Hobbit' makes me laugh every time.
    Now I call him Fat Hobbit. A term of endearment....like always calling Keifer Sutherland 'Jack' or the guy from Rome who is on my wife's favorite Greys Anatomy as 'Lucious Vorenus'...lots of actors like that.

So far I like it, behind on episode. Fat Hobbit sold them out man!

hahahah
    RIP Fat Hobbit.
    good episode last night
    Didnt watch the latest yet was watching football. Enjoyed the last episode though.
    A pretty good start to the season.
    Crap, gotta go back and refresh and catch up!