*** Milton Keynes Fanviews Here 7/11/14 ***

12346»

Comments

• SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    If those festival rumours have some substance, I'd put my money on them headlining Download next year. I just can't see Glastonbury happening.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • janemathiesonjanemathieson Cornwall, UK Posts: 72
    I can't remember... Somewhere during the tour?
    I'll see if I can find something more concrete!
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    I think they'll probably do another European tour next year. It's been a while since they've done consecutive years over here. That and a South American tour to see Lightning Bolt off, I'd imagine.

Hope it's true. I'd love to see them headline Download and with Foo Fighters having also covered Milton Keynes and Reading festival for their last tour... well that could be very awesome. Plus a couple of Wembley/02 dates of course.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • smcleishsmcleish Oxford Posts: 137
    Is Glastonbury's having a year off in 2015?- the cows must need a bit of shut-eye :)
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    Glastonbury only just had a year off in 2012 so I would expect not.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    I really don't want them to play Glastonbury. Or any festival.

They should just do what they did last month.
  • Olivavu said:

Oh yes please!
    Happy up here in my tree
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367

Olivavu said:

Oh yes please!
    I totaly agree that. Please, don't play a festival tour next time when they come to europe. They have to do again "An evening with PJ" gigs and play 2.5 + hours!

Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261

Glastonbury only just had a year off in 2012 so I would expect not.

It was in the Guardian last month that there will be a break in 2017 and that 2020 will be the last one. EVER!
  • Anybody from Europe coming to the fall US tour? I'm going to both ACL shows and would love to pick the brain of any Europeans for a few random questions for a project I am working on. This dumb American is trying to learn about the pop culture/sports scene in Europe. I'll buy the beers and Texas BBQ if you are coming to Austin in October. Inbox me if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions. Thanks.
  • leighb3leighb3 England UK Posts: 20
    Still get goosebumps thinking about this gig, it was amazing! Wish I'd got tickets for Leeds too! Hope they come back to the UK soooooon.
  • Leeds is obviously the more anticipated bootleg by my GOD, Milton Keynes sounds fantastic. I've always loved how Go sounds at the bigger shows with the bigger speakers and it's the best version I've got, I think.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • Was a great gig and have just downloaded the bootleg of the show.........another awesome PJ set........is there a bad one out there? .........i somehow doubt it. They are simply the best band on the planet and are getting better!
    £20 for 4 beers though............but the free carrier was worth it!

• leighb3leighb3 England UK Posts: 20
    If only the carrier brought the beers to you...
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    I'm currently reliving my second show ever, Milton Keynes. Brilliant sound, awesome crowd and the band was, as always, spot-on. Now what about these sequences?
    1) Go -> Brain of J -> Comatose - Save You -> Hail, Hail -> Mind Your Manners -> Do The Evolution -> Got Some
    2) Lightning Bolt - Nothing As It Seems -> Given To Fly -> Sirens
    3) Let The Records Play -> Spin The Black Circle
    & 4) Yellow Moon -> I'm The Answer -> Footsteps -> Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns -> Better Man
    I love it when these thematically runs happen! They always lead to a setlist with a natural flow. Very cohesive. That set totally compensated me for not hearing Ghost. Oh, and how classy of them to play all these Punk-Rock / fast / up-tempo songs at the birthplace of Punk (England) on a perfect summer night. That was all I was hoping for: A real summer feast. Thank you gentlemen!
    P.S: 1 Song 1 Show
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    demetrios said:
    At 0:50, I'm the guy with the glasses on the right, behind the man with the white Matt Fuckin' Cameron t-shirt! :D Thanks for that D! :-bd
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:

Highlights for me - in no particular order - were the following: 3) I met two very kind girls from Surrey (non TC members) and 17) Eddie Vedder's little anecdote related to the recording of Black.

I find it quite amusing that when you think of the 'Seattle Sound' you think of sweaty, grungy, industrial nightclubs, and yet one of the bigger albums to come out of the Seattle scene was actually mixed in an old, idyllic English farmhouse amongst the rolling hills of Surrey with sheep and cows around. Mixing the album was a very pleasant experience. Because it was the first album from a new band, there were no great expectations, so we were very much left to work from our gut. And because the record was primarily like a live performance, there was a lot of space for me to be creative, and to have fun with it. With 'Oceans', for instance, I felt like I wanted to get a little bit more movement, but being miles away from the nearest music store I didn't want to sit around waiting for a delivery from London, so I went straight to the Ridge Farm kitchen and grabbed myself a pepper shaker and I used that to add to the rhythm. There was one more thing that I wanted to try, which was like an ambient cowbell, but again, I didn't have a cowbell, so this time I just took a fire extinguisher off the wall, got a couple of drum sticks and used that. It worked out pretty well, and gave a kind of eerie quality to the song. Sometimes necessity is the mother of invention, and the band were very appreciative of any input that I added. ~ Tim Palmer

What do you know? Fate...
    edited August 2016
    Pap said:

Eddie playing acoustic Porch...

So, I just found out Eddie did it again back in 2006! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlF9jxgEcps