*** Milton Keynes Fanviews Here 7/11/14 ***

Comments

• mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93
    Been seeing the clips from the performance of the milton keys during "daughter" on FB and youtube. I keep reading how Israel is all pissed off about what eddie said. First of all he didn't mention any one country. Second of all he's absolutely right!!!!! Stop bombing each other,. I'm very proud of him for feeling the way he did, and saying what he said. It needs to be said to all countries that want to kill others for land, politics, race, or religion. Yay Eddie, be the voice!!! Your daughters are lucky to have someone like you to look up too,
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Yeah anyone upset at the sentiment of his speech... I struggle to understand.
  • CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    Plankton said:

Yeah anyone upset at the sentiment of his speech... I struggle to understand.

I guess he wasn't talking to us.

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594

Chelsea48 did you have a "chat" with a large eastern european sounding bloke who was being a knob between BRMC and PJ?

Yeah. thats me.

• CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    chelsea48 said:

Chelsea48 did you have a "chat" with a large eastern european sounding bloke who was being a knob between BRMC and PJ?

Yeah. thats me.

It was a pleasure rocking with you and nice one for looking after the smaller Italian ladies struggling to see.
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    Olivavu said:

I was the large bloke who was being a knob ;)

Acceptance is the first step on the path to change!! :D
  • wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    This was my third PJ show and I travelled from Sweden to see it. I couldn´t believe it when Eddie came out on stage and sang Porch for us early people! True class act. The waiting between bands was long, and there were many people that pushed their way to the front of the stage during the last minute, all of them smiling with a "you don´t mind ... do you?" - look on their faces. And I felt I couldn´t say anything, cause hey - the sun was shining and PJ would come any minute - it felt petty. Yet, I didn´t like it, as I had waited there since lunch time.

The show started amazing!! During Nothingman, my epic concert feeling kicked in - that feeling I have been dreaming about and wished for since PJ in Stockholm 2012. I even teared up, listening to the band I love performing such a powerful song.

Then, during Go and Brain of J, things became hell for me. I had placed myself on Stone side, tenth row or something, and I didn´t think I would be in the pit. Turned out, I was at the far end of the pit, but still - in the pit. A group of drunken idiot guys started throwing themselves at me. I´m a woman and not very physically strong. I was terrified. I tried to get out, but I didn´t have any control. I remember thinking that I mustn´t fall down, because they will all step on me and I won´t be able to get up. Finally, I managed to get away. But I didn´t feel safe in my new spot either and I moved away, only to see a woman in Dr Martens boots crowdsurfing where I had stood, and she hit several people in the head. After that, an endless stream of chocked women (and even men) came out from the pit. One woman had been hit pretty badly in the head. I was so glad I had been able to get out. Eddie saw all that happened, and he tried to calm the crowd down. It made me feel safer, but still, it was scary. None of those crazy drunk troublemakers were 10C members, at least they didn´t have the bracelet.

My new spot was a great place with happy, friendly people who were there for the music and not for getting drunk and punching and abusing other people in the name of "music".

Then an epic show followed with so many highlights I can´t name them all, but Crown of Thorns, I´m the answer, Given to fly, and many many more songs. I´m very proud being a fan of this band and I got the epic concert I had been wishing for. AND, I absolutely LOVED seeing PJ abroad. People were dancing and singing and really enjoying themselves much more than in Sweden.
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    CB254133 said:

Olivavu said:

Haha! It wasn't really me ;)
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    tino_11 said:

milan said:

zapata said:

Stupidity is unbeatable............. the worst crowd ever as far as respect and caring in a pj concert....but its natural when the aim is to get drunk and fight.....maybe is the lack of sun so come to the mediterranean to get some

You clearly didn't go to Hyde Park London 2010
    I'm so fortunate, was at both gigs and surrounded by great people both times. Stayed a little further back than the pit, maybe 15 people back and the atmosphere was great for the most part.
    Yeah, I had an amazing time at Hyde Park too, surrounded by great mosh pitters that knew how to do it right.

I still think this was a brilliant show; I had the time of my life. Just for all the times I remember belting my voice out to Chloe/Crown of Thorns and Blood, I remember how I was thinking it was such a shame that I couldn't focus on Brain of J the first time I'd heard it live because instead of rocking with the music, people were more concerned with just hurting each other for fun.

Again, mosh pits have got to be done right and in time with the music, not just a bunch of muscle bound idiots that think they're being macho, and that's what Milton Keynes was, sadly.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
    Olivavu said:

CB254133 said:

Olivavu said:

Olivavu said:

CB254133 said:

Olivavu said:

I didnt think your avatar looked like him
    ;) he was all protective of his gf, untill she got pulled out, and he stayed @-) some gent....
    CB254133 said:

chelsea48 said:

Yeah. thats me.

It was a pleasure rocking with you and nice one for looking after the smaller Italian ladies struggling to see.

yeah, great show, she was short to say the least. I'm no giant at all but she had balls to be there..
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

pretty cool pic (from OFF! facebook page)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Anyone know of an audience recording?
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 418
    edited July 2014
    What a great day out it was! Right up there with Reading festival and the O2 as my favourite PJ shows. Was pleased to get Wash and Brain of J and Crown of Thorns. The new songs were great as well. I feel pretty lucky to have had Crown of Thorns twice in only 8 shows. Was a great atmosphere and the band seemed to be enjoying it. I took my brother in law to his first PJ show, and he's hooked as well now. All in all a great night, and can't wait for the next tour!
    Post edited by CornishMan on
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • sborastonsboraston Posts: 22
    This time last week.....hope the bootleg comes soon
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    sboraston said:

This time last week.....hope the bootleg comes soon

Early September, really looking forward to this one !
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    I loved this show! Bring on the boot!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• sarahcunnysarahcunny Posts: 93
    i had an amazing time!! i prefer to position myself a little further back so i have space to dance and jump about without bothering anyone else. we were stood right by the bar on the left hand side as you looked at the stage... at the bar was the best steward in the world!! he was proper lovin it and got a brill video with him jumping about like loons to Even Flow!! one thing i was suprised about was how many people walked past us on their way to the bar that weren't singing or having a laugh, dance etc... maybe they were partying inside!! ;-D

but anyhoo... as always PJ didn't let me down!! can't wait for the next tour!!

PJ rock my world!! xxx
  • sarahcunnysarahcunny Posts: 93
    oh and Footsteps was a fabulous surprise... never heard that one live before! :D
  • smcleishsmcleish Oxford Posts: 137
    apparently just over 43,000 tickets sold for MK (20000 10C allocation)
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    smcleish said:

apparently just over 43,000 tickets sold for MK (20000 10C allocation)

Not bad at all given tickets were £80 and people were expecting it to be empty.

Those that skipped it because it was in MK and not London must be kicking themselves because it was an awesome show!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • KP276492KP276492 Birmingham, England Posts: 11
    E.K said:

-Emma- said:

Sea said:

Pearl Jam
    32. Daughter/War-(Whitfield, Strong)
    (during the instrumental outro/jam Ed makes a passionate plea and angry demand that people stop fighting in and supporting wars. He is angry that on a beautiful evening like tonight that not that far away people are dropping bombs on children)

Ed starts talking at about 4:10 into this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4ukBCCyczA&feature=youtu.be&t=4m11s
    :(
    https://www.facebook.com/TheJerusalemPost/posts/582505295204480
    Funny, just going back to that Facebook page. I posted on the 15th July -

Keith Priestley You do realise he never mentioned Israel, or indeed any other nation, creed or religion ? Before you deem someone uninformed, or jump on a band wagon, maybe you should actually listen to what was said ? The comments could easily relate to any cross border conflict anywhere in the world.

Not a single flame back from the forum. I can only hope that some people realised Ed was not anti Israel, just anti war.
    Anyways....... bring on the bootlegs !
    Manchester Evening News Arena, Aug 17, 2009
    Hard Rock Calling, London, June 25, 2010
    First Direct Arena, Leeds, July 8, 2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, July 11, 2014
    O2 Arena, London, England June 18, 2018.
  • edavedaedaveda Posts: 43
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrIfTGeidBA Great video of Milton Keynes Bowl and Porch pre-show!
    Prague 2006 / Katowice 2007 / Berlin 2009 / Berlin 2010 / I. & II. Amsterdam 2012 / Prague 2012 / I. & II. Berlin 2012 / I. & II. Amsterdam 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Berlin 2014 / Milton Keynes 2014
  • cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Loved it, was stood near the back and the sound was great. Was my fourth time seeing pearl jam and love outside shows. Arrived at 2 and had a cool beer and chilled out , off! were brilliant and refreshing , got myself a bottle of wine and enjoyed black rebel motorcycle club, always been a fan and set up the main act really well. The atmosphere was amazing and pendulum started the show brilliantly. Great to hear wash and black early on, brain of j was a highlight , it was an emotional journey, sirens, hail hail, mikes brilliant guitar on nothing as it seems, new songs sound great live, my brothers first show and recently coming through a cancer scare , alive had great significance never seen him sing before and he sang it with amazing passion. A night we'll always remember and life affirming to be surrounded by so many like minded people. Thanks pearl jam, the best gig I've been to...
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Im glad you remember everthing.. It will be a memory for future days...when bigger and better things will happen I believe they just have to reach their prime yet..
  • janemathiesonjanemathieson Cornwall, UK Posts: 72
    Haven't read all the comments, sorry!

What a day though... and what a night!!

The queueing business still a pain. The "OK, we're not allowed to number but I got here at 6.14, when did you get here?"... If you get there, get in line, if it's going to be too long queueing then it's too early to get there! I got there at 8.15 prepared to stand in line. That's what queueing is, it is not sleeping in your tent, or going off for a shower! When I was asked what time I got there I answered "I don't care, I'm here now and this is where I'm staying", when people arrived and asked if I was in the queue I said yes, a line formed :)
    Please please... when we arrive, form a line, get to know your neighbours, tag team for the loo/drinks... It's not difficult!

The gig.... Amazing from the OFF! or before when Eddie came out and played Porch (haha to those who said they were only coming to see PJ!)

We were Mike side, got on the rail from when we were let in and stayed there... Met up with friends we'd made in Manchester 2012, briefly saw our PJ friends from Amsterdam (who sold us their Manchester tickets 2 years ago and who I will be eternally grateful to!). Same as the queue though, you want to be on the rail, you put the effort in! Even lil Lucy who was stood next to me managed it at 12! We were probably too far over for any of the real mosh issues but that's where we always go and never have probs.

The setlist... I go with no expectations, I'm never disappointed! Wash stands out, or does it? The whole set was bloody brilliant! Love Eddie's anecdotes, chit chat, passions! Loved Mike's interaction, felt I saw more of Jeff this time too although that could be the stage?

Hell, I want to relive that day/night!!! The music, the emotions.... bring on the bootleg!

Now, did I hear they are only playing 2 festivals in Europe next year? Any bets on Glastonbury being 1? and if so any bets on my chances of getting tickets as easily as I did this year??!!

• Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    Where did you hear festival rumours?
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17