*** Milton Keynes Fanviews Here 7/11/14 ***

Comments

• wozza77wozza77 Posts: 273
    Also just to add for me mike was a level up on Leeds.
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • alexross42alexross42 Posts: 352
    Mike was absolutely on it throughout, can't wait to hear it again on the bootleg! Thought the use of all the cameras in interesting places was a great touch, especially the one by Mike's wah pedal, not so sure about all the crotch shots of Jeff as he occasionally lunged over his camera though! :-)
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119

And Off! were awesome.

how long did they play for? 30 minutes? they could have played their entire album and then some :)) :) hopefully the crowd was into them. saw them in philly and they were great.

A whole 45 minutes actually! Pretty got much most of the two albums in there with that.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,407
    edited July 2014
    Wow. I could only afford Leeds this tour but I wasn't too bothered about missing MK. I expected it to be just a festival set. Amazing! Sorry I missed it now!

Backspacer has really fallen out of favour, it seems. Only 1 song from the 2 UK shows. Nice to see the neglected albums come back into favour a bit.
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • henchmanhenchman Posts: 172
    Great show but the pit was really out of control. I hope nobody got hurt

PJ/10c please consider a golden circle or a closed area (first come) for these huge shows.

For the first 5 fast songs more than 30 people were taken out from stone side
    1996: San Sebastian
    2000: San Sebastian
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisbon I & II, Madrid, Verona, Milan
    2007: Lisbon, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf
    2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
    2010: Berlin, Lisbon
    2014: Amsterdam I & II, Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2018: Amsterdam I & II, Barcelona, Madrid
    2022: Frankfurt, London I & II, Amsterdam II
  • henchmanhenchman Posts: 172

Venue security and pj security did a great job helping people and taking out crowdsufers.

It's sad to see so many girls taken out crying and some vomiting or on stretchers.

Just think on another pit configuration. Italy was great.
    1996: San Sebastian
    2000: San Sebastian
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisbon I & II, Madrid, Verona, Milan
    2007: Lisbon, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf
    2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
    2010: Berlin, Lisbon
    2014: Amsterdam I & II, Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2018: Amsterdam I & II, Barcelona, Madrid
    2022: Frankfurt, London I & II, Amsterdam II
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

decent set lsit. would like to see Rocking with members of OFF!

anyone know what the BRMC set list was and what song Mike played with them on? still would have loved for them to do hunger strike though :P

BRMC's set list:

Let the Day Begin (The Call cover)
    Rival
    Beat the Devil's Tattoo
    Ain't No Easy Way
    Berlin
    Returning
    Weight of the World
    Shuffle Your Feet
    White Palms
    Conscience Killer
    Whatever Happened to My Rock 'n' Roll (Punk Song)
    Spread Your Love

still not sure what song Mike played on though.
    and it was Conscience Killer :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI2bt4L493U
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    henchman said:

Great show but the pit was really out of control. I hope nobody got hurt

PJ/10c please consider a golden circle or a closed area (first come) for these huge shows.

For the first 5 fast songs more than 30 people were taken out from stone side

This is spot on. In a weird way it's a relief to hear it was happening on Stone's side too because it was the exact same case on the Mike side and I was worried it was letting basically the whole audience down.

Pearl Jam had to show a LOT of trust in the audience after Go, where you could basically see the alarm bells go off in Eddie just seconds into the song. To be honest they probably didn't help themselves by playing a string of about 7 or 8 really fast songs in a row. As I said earlier, I went back after the first set and was very relieved to find the crowd being much more in tune there. There was a kid that couldn't have been more than 6 years old on his Dad's shoulders for the whole show having a great time.

I like heavy gigs. The weekend before this I saw both Black Sabbath and Metallica. Moshing is a part of that experience, especially with the latter, but its with fans that respect those around them, and are moving in time with the music, looking out for each other and respecting the people around them that don't want to be involved with that stuff. It's a very difficult thing to balance. All it takes its one muscle-bound moron that thinks that all mosh pits are is an excuse to hurt people to turn an organised, safe and FUN mosh pit into a slippery mess that has the entire crowd swaying too and fro trying to find their footing.

I honestly thought Ed's War speech was directed at some of the crowd for the first part of it, especially the 'there are some people out there that just want to kill' bit.

It was a dream setlist, for me, but not a dream crowd.

"Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • Fantastic set list, but it was the great crowd at Leeds that made it a mark up.

That aside, this was my fifth show and I saw a whopping 7 new songs I think.

Most excited with nothing as it seems, wash, spin, lukin, brain of J and the full version of Chloe dancer / crown of thorns which was not really appreciated by the drunk kids around me and the stupid woman who folded her arms and said she didn't know it and it was boring.

That set was wasted on the some of those folks, but all in all it was the second best show I have seen in the UK, after Leeds.
    London O2 2009 - Manchester MEN 2012 - Stockholm Globe 2012 - Leeds Arena 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl 2014 - London Apollo 2017 (EV) - Prague O2 Arena 2018 - London O2 2018 - Dana Point CA, 2019 (EV) - London Hyde Park 2020 - Krakow Arena  2020?
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    It was a great show. Particularly liked the really heavy section around a third of the way into the show with Comatose, Save You, Brain of J etc. Was also delighted to hear Jeremy live for the first time (this was my sixth show) and to hear fan favourite Crown of Thorns again.

Can't comment about the crowd - I stood near the back with my pregnant wife and all the fans there were really friendly.

It would have been great to have heard a few more rarities, but overall was a good set list. Shame about the car park at the end.

Let's hope they return to the UK next year - would love for them to play more over here
  • Wow! What an incredible night!

Had plans to hold back at this show and ended up on the rail hugging Mike McCready (almost).

Highlights were Brain of J, NAIS, Chloe/Crown, Wash, Footsteps, the list goes on. It didn't top Leeds but was close. Mike was off the scale doing laps of the stage during STBC after doing a amazing spinning Jump with Jeff. When he came to us on the rail I was just stunned as he walked looking straight at me soloing. Seems surreal now. What an absolute star!

Chloe/Crown is what I wished for. Seeing Stone & Jeff jam together was emotional and Stone looked close to tears himself!

This band just amaze me. Met some great people too. Rubbish with names but the Irish guy with the beard and the 2 girls with him were great to chat to. Really nice people.

I'm still on a huge high from the show. Yeah, there were some utter idiots in the crowd but nothing could spoil it. I think a 10 Club inner circle would be a good idea but who's to say the idiots weren't from 10 Club!

Thanks PJ. Blown away again!
    Happy up here in my tree
  • KP276492KP276492 Birmingham, England Posts: 11
    Loved Nothingman, Mind Your Manners ( a great live song from a not so good album ! ) & although I had never heard the song before, Rain was excellent. A good mix, like others have already said, the gig cannot & should not be compared to Leeds ( their best ever gig ).

Wonderful to see family members mixed in with the crowd, enjoying their birthdays. As for the crowd, the PJ fans were incredible but there were a lot of folks out who were not doing what Ed always asks - they were not looking out for the people around them. Me & my wife started fairly front & centre, ended up way out on the banking due to some selfish people. Takes all sorts I guess.

Tour venue T-shirts for Leeds & Milton Keynes were rubbish, compared to previous tour shirts. Loved the choice of posters, great sound, missed Eddie's Porch due to loal traffic accident problems. And Ed - "Mind Your Liver !". Too much red wine makes funny thing happen ! ;o)
    Manchester Evening News Arena, Aug 17, 2009
    Hard Rock Calling, London, June 25, 2010
    First Direct Arena, Leeds, July 8, 2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, July 11, 2014
    O2 Arena, London, England June 18, 2018.
  • Michael ScarnMichael Scarn Northampton, UK Posts: 32
    Loved it. No one can quite captivate the crowd at a rock concert like Eddie Vedder. Some of his banter was terrific, really made it feel more intimate than a 60,000 people concert would suggest. Was special hearing Chloe, my brother has wanted to hear it forever.

Massively missing them already!
    Twitter
    [London, 02 Arena 18.8.2009]
    [London, Hyde Park 25.6.2010]
    [Manchester, MEN 21.6.2012]
    [Amsterdam, Ziggo Dome 16.6.2014]
    [Milton Keynes, MK Bowl 11.7.2014]
  • VejasVejas Posts: 21
    I second having a separate 10C area for shows like that. Amazing gig but the crowd was pretty horrible. I got there early to see the opening bands and was standing about 6 rows in on Stone's side. The number of random people pushing through to the front even before PJ came on stage was ridiculous. I stayed for a few fast songs and then got out of there. I couldn't enjoy the show because I had to concentrate on my ability to stand. I'm not saying that people should stand still throughout the show but violent pushing, shoving, and trying to get to the front by whatever means when there's no space to begin with is not cool.

That being said, the gig was amazing. Sad that the tour is over!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    edited July 2014
    Another good gig.
    Unlike a lot around me, I thought the organisation into the venue for 10C was good. A gig that big with early entrance needs careful handling. If we had all been let in at once the sheer walk to the front could have got crazy so I want to thank everyone involved in organising the school trip walk to the front which made things safe and fair for all of us. Great stuff....
    Got on the rail along the middle walkway so was out of the really rough crowd and had a great view of Ed & Stone all night, and a great view of Ed when he came down the middle in Porch.
    Got a Mike White / Peace sign pick to go with helicopter pick from Leeds ... Lucky boy!

I echo what has already been said - a closed off circle for 10c ticket holders and then any early enough to get in NEEDS to be considered and implemented for future shows like this. The crowd was rough and there were many drunk late comers just smashing the shit out of everyone who had been waiting since early / mid morning to get in.

Many carried out from our side - some needing stretchers. Had an unpleasant vibe for quite a while really.

Having said all that, as usual met some fantastic fellow fans - and had a really good day waiting.

OFF were brilliant. BRMC really really good. (Not brilliant.... for Ed's anicdote...!)..

PJ set was excellent - beautiful opening with the first 4, followed by a full on rock out where the guys were clearly having a great time - if not a little worried by the crowd down front.
    From where I was, the sound was absolutely spot on for an outdoor gig, and I thought Eddie sounded particularly awesome last night. I think this tour has been his best singing since 06. Just fantastic.

Mike also really brought it with outsatnding playing and I have to say Stone was bang into it all again too. Throwing picks into the crowd - and I also thought he was close to tears in Crown of Thorns -- saw Ed give hime a little leg pat towards the end..

Yellow Moon on a beautiful night was stunning, and a superb contrast when they payed Blood - just full on magnificence!

Ed's angry / passionate call for an end to war... His coming down the middle. Mike on the rail as ever in Alive (?)...

Security did their best to keep everyone safe but I would thinkl they'll be some extra sore bodies today at least...

A fantastic night, superb set, brilliantly played on a beautiful English Summer Night.

Strange to think that when I was 15 in 1985 I saw U2 at this venue play Rain (it rained all day - a lot -- mudslides down the banks) who were supported by REM & The Ramones...

A much better view / stage / sound than back in thoise days....!

Thanks PJ -- Incredible Tour -- All 5 nights I saw were spectacular - Best Band on the Planet.
    Post edited by Peasant Tents on
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    After 13 Pj gigs and long time TC member this is the first time (hence bone user name) that I have been inspired to post on the forum after reading the comments about the crowd at both this and at Leeds (I was lucky enough to be at both).

Was stood on Mike's side (about 2 back from the rail) at MK in a mix of people, some wearing TC wristbands and some not, good and bad in both camps!!

2 big blokes with wrist bands on the rail (in white and red T shirts) both proper Gents, I held the place on the rail for 1 of them when he went to get some food, both were looking after those around them, passing water back etc, top fellas!! (from the post above I think the white T shirt was nickburrows14, if it was did you get the pick from the edge of the stage at the end?)

Bloke behind me in grey T shirt without wristband, annoying those around him with constant shouting when Ed was speaking but the first to step in and attract security when 2 girls were struggling in the crowd during Alive, nice one!!

Italian bloke in front of me with a wristband who did his best to make my life a misery from Go onwards by shoving his elbows back and pushing back from the rail to try to create more room for himself. I get the looking after your girlfriend bit and sorry mate if I was pushing on your back but it was nothing personnel and I did have just a few people behind me pushing forward.

I think what I am trying to say is that from my experience being a TC member does not necessarily make you a considerate crowd member and not being a TC member doesn't make you a dick in the pit or vice versa!! They are big crowds for a top band playing great songs things are always going to get tight and as long as we are all considerate for each other it makes for a great experience.

Had an awesome time at both gigs and already looking forward to the next European Tour!!
  • VejasVejas Posts: 21
    Yes, but if you have a separate 10C area you can control the number of people in the area, which already makes it safer. There's a difference between 10 idiots and 1000 idiots.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    CB254133 said:

After 13 Pj gigs and long time TC member this is the first time (hence bone user name) that I have been inspired to post on the forum after reading the comments about the crowd at both this and at Leeds (I was lucky enough to be at both).

Was stood on Mike's side (about 2 back from the rail) at MK in a mix of people, some wearing TC wristbands and some not, good and bad in both camps!!

2 big blokes with wrist bands on the rail (in white and red T shirts) both proper Gents, I held the place on the rail for 1 of them when he went to get some food, both were looking after those around them, passing water back etc, top fellas!! (from the post above I think the white T shirt was nickburrows14, if it was did you get the pick from the edge of the stage at the end?)

Bloke behind me in grey T shirt without wristband, annoying those around him with constant shouting when Ed was speaking but the first to step in and attract security when 2 girls were struggling in the crowd during Alive, nice one!!

Italian bloke in front of me with a wristband who did his best to make my life a misery from Go onwards by shoving his elbows back and pushing back from the rail to try to create more room for himself. I get the looking after your girlfriend bit and sorry mate if I was pushing on your back but it was nothing personnel and I did have just a few people behind me pushing forward.

I think what I am trying to say is that from my experience being a TC member does not necessarily make you a considerate crowd member and not being a TC member doesn't make you a dick in the pit or vice versa!! They are big crowds for a top band playing great songs things are always going to get tight and as long as we are all considerate for each other it makes for a great experience.

Had an awesome time at both gigs and already looking forward to the next European Tour!!

I agree - I don't think the front section would have to be only 10 C -- just closed off at some point to control numbers. If that means from the 10C sale it's only 10C then so be it..

I actually had a friend who got to MK with his brother at 7.30 and ended up right at the front!! Good for him, but that requires people leaving the pit to make room for it to be safe. Hence so many being dragged out.
  • For me personally it was an unforgettable day - my 50 birthday spent watching one of my all time favourite bands.Brilliant set list & my personal highlight was Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns MLB song.Next time I hope to hear Hunger Strike TOTD song - fingers crossed.Thank you guys
  • CrookedTomCrookedTom Posts: 252
    Great show, it was a little rough in the pit, but all good natured. Stepped back for the 2nd half of the show, and everyone was really into it, much more so than at Hyde Park in 2010.
    Few grumbles though -
    I thought Eddie struggled at times vocally
    Couldn't hear Mike very well from where I was (Stone side, near the front)
    The mix in general was a little poor.
    Really not sure about Black so early in the set.
  • Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    KP276492 said:

Tour venue T-shirts for Leeds & Milton Keynes were rubbish, compared to previous tour shirts. Loved the choice of posters, great sound, missed Eddie's Porch due to loal traffic accident problems. And Ed - "Mind Your Liver !". Too much red wine makes funny thing happen ! ;o)

I heard they had to destroy all the england football jersey tshirts as they thought they wouldnt go down well :-)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    edited July 2014
    Sea said:

Pearl Jam
    32. Daughter/War-(Whitfield, Strong)
    (during the instrumental outro/jam Ed makes a passionate plea and angry demand that people stop fighting in and supporting wars. He is angry that on a beautiful evening like tonight that not that far away people are dropping bombs on children)

Ed starts talking at about 4:10 into this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4ukBCCyczA&feature=youtu.be&t=4m11s
    Post edited by -Emma- on
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    3rd show of this tour, lost count overall - think 24th or so. Sort of regretted getting the tickets on beforehand as my work travel schedule is out of control but damn, am I happy I was part of this!

Started queuing a little earlier than planned but that got me the rail, next to some awesome awesome people (yes you Sara, Daphne, Javier and others). Off! and BRMC were great (had no expectations). Setlist was ridiculously good: either I have bad memory or I was just lucky to get 5+ songs (more like 7) I had never seen live and a bunch I hadn't seen often.

Crowdsurfers were annoying but well idiots will be idiots. At one point I had a brief interaction with Ed (giving him the thumbs-up and getting a thanks sign in return), which ended with Ed telling me to get my head down as the next idiot's shoe was about to kick me in the head. Sorry to the crowdsurfer I punched in the face (not!). Security guys offered to hold the next ones for me, which was nice but one was enough. Thumbs up to the girls around me who did not give up in spite of the idiots! I wish I could have helped them more.

Back to the concert: great energy from the band, great balanced setlist, nice surprises, top 5 of all times for sure. Sound was perfect where we stood. Some of my favorite moments were footsteps, blood, Chloe/Crown, Nothing as it seems Given to fly ...

Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • CB254133 said:

Hi, no it wasn't me. I was on stone's side in a blue PJ Leeds shirt. I was being equally as gentlemanly as the guy you mentioned though :-)
    Happy up here in my tree
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,356
    drfox said:

It was a great show. Particularly liked the really heavy section around a third of the way into the show with Comatose, Save You, Brain of J etc. Was also delighted to hear Jeremy live for the first time (this was my sixth show) and to hear fan favourite Crown of Thorns again.

Can't comment about the crowd - I stood near the back with my pregnant wife and all the fans there were really friendly.

It would have been great to have heard a few more rarities, but overall was a good set list. Shame about the car park at the end.

Let's hope they return to the UK next year - would love for them to play more over here

My girlfriend and I may have been stood in front of you :) I remember turning around and seeing a pregnant lady with her partner. O think it was when I was scanning the venue while the sun was going down and it looked so beautiful.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Lucky enough to do Leeds and Milton Keynes.
    MK was amazing, the setlist was perfect for all, I was hitting my 10th show, my wife was at number 7, my nephew his 5th and his girlfriend was a first timer. We all got songs we wanted. The band was on fire still and seem to be enjoying playing so much!
    Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns was the highlight for me, a song I have waited to hear but suspected I might not be lucky enough. I heard the first few notes of the intro to Chloe and immediately recognised it but my head wouldn't accept it!! As Eddie asked if we had heard the story I started to feel a little emotional and then towards the end the screens showed Stone and he looked so emotional it almost got me again. I don't think I truly realised how much it effects the band playing it, but its a moment I will never forget.
    Met some great people, and thought the venue was great.
    I thought the ticket collection and queue system was good, and although the early entrance was slow, the venue just held the general admission back longer to give us time.
    Now the bad... The idiots in the crowd,
    we were on Mike's side about 15-20 metres back. We took our place straight away and just wanted to hold our spot.
    By the time the band came out it was packed but not uncomfortable for the 6 of us in our group. The set begins and its all good until the tempo picks up and suddenly you have the surge forwards. We were waiting for this and I have no problem with it, each to their own.
    Shame the arseholes that don't care who they push out of the way to get closer don't believe in the same philosophy. I lost count of the number of people that didn't want to wait in place before the support acts or even during the support but felt they had the right to push past and through our group once Pearl Jam hit thr stage. Again, this is something I expect but I don't like it. Then came the real problem, first it was the tossers that urinate into their cups and throw them either on the floor or in the air. I watched a guy in front of me fill his cup and then drop it. It splashed up the bare legs of the woman in front who was definitely not impressed, but what was the reaction of the guy? He thought it was hilarious and offered them an empty cup if they needed the toilet. Then there was the group slightly to our left that tried to make a mosh circle for them to throw themselves into each other. They were smashing into us, and particularly a guy in front of them. After the fourth or fifth time of almost being knocked down from behind this guy eventually gave the moshers a mouthful. Guess who the bad guy was? Thats right, the moshers couldn't believe this guy would ruin their good time. They then targeted this guy until it inevitably turned into a fight.
    While this was going on there was a guy behind us (this was after Eddies talk about who should or shouldn't be surfing) that tried to surf to the front. No warning, no agreement just announced his arrival by kicking my wife in the head. (fairs fair - he had taken his shoes off) His attempt failed so he slipped back to his friends.
    5 minutes later he kicked my wife in the head again..and as he started to fall to the floor grabbed my wife around the neck to save himself, so I threw him off her to the floor while my nephew had to be held back from showing him what he felt about it. By this point 2 friends had left our area to move away and we decided enough was enough and moved away to dance in space for the rest of the show.
    I might be wrong but why should I always have to be the one that moves away? I have a very live and let live view of life but the wankers that think they are at Slipknot don't care about anyone else (or the alcohol that fuels them doesn't) they just keep moving forwards.

Anyway, once we moved further back the bad vibes and sore heads and neck faded and one of the best nights of my life was played out by quite simply the best band in the world.

Come back soon guys, we miss you already. Thank you.
  • gmdishgmdish Plymouth Posts: 26
    I too was on mikes side where a couple of arsehole were jumping into everyone. They basically goaded the poor bloke I front into reacting it nearly kicked off I managed to grab one and pull him away and basically told him he was out of order. My girlfriend was then worried I would take it further if he started again. I'm not a violent bloke but will obviously stand my ground to protect those I love. By the end of the first set we moved back and as previously stated was really good atmosphere. Really enjoyed the gig but unfortunately you will always get arseholes with a different agenda. Met some really nice people too great set, good sound looking forward to the Euro boots
    given to fly
  • CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    Being a veteran of gigs at the bowl, I can tell you the sound, from where I was standing (near the back of the barrier, Stones side, middle of the screen) was by far the best I've heard, right from the off. Having sound that good at an outdoor venue, and The Bowl in particular, is usually a rare thing. Having it that good from note 1 is unheard of in my experience.

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK