*** Stockholm Fanviews Here 6/28/14 ***

Comments

• YoungNeilYoungNeil Posts: 12
    What a great show! Finally i got a pick from Mike! Eddie had a party time last nite, how much vine was it? Hope he kept his voice for Oslo. Last time they played Sweden he was partying hard too, and his voice was not the best for Oslo. What is it with Eddie and Sweden?
  • ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    blood
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • First review:
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/rockbjornen/article19137279.ab

Release... Oh. My, God! The song I was here for, and they started with it!
    Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena - Jul 07, 2012
    Stockholm Friends Arena - Jun 28, 2014
    Release is the song I heard them live first. Very emotional a song...
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • well done stockholm unbelievable setlist, is ed still hobbling about? cant wait for leeds :x
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    No, the knee is fully healed and he's back to running around the stage and swinging the globes.
    glad to hear he is ok
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    You could see it was not fully healed.

Why are the swedish shows so Ten centric?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

First review:
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/rockbjornen/article19137279.ab

Release... Oh. My, God! The song I was here for, and they started with it!

Can anybody translate this? The only thing I got was there were over 23,000 people there. Sweet
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Lets go - in full euphoria

5/5

Eddie vedder shines in pearl jams success.

Time to make it a tradition of historical summerconcerts with pearl jam. The genuine relationship of love between the fans and the seattle bands intense joy of playing belongs more and more at the next generation of Ullevi-experiences (Ullevi being an arena in gothenburg which has been legendary due to a string of bruce springsteen concerts which turned the city and country into a frenzy)

"we talked about it afterwards. It was one of those rare nights where we went and and everything just worked. When the band and the fans were one. That, for sure doesnt happen every night".

In an interview with aftonbladet before tonightd show guitarrist stone gossard remembers their last visit to Sweden. The concert that fellow journalist markus larsson gave 5/5 plus.

Nothing stops the fans
    Tonight, two things are different. Then, pearl jam hadn't visited Sweden i 12 years and built up an ocean of anticipation with the loyal fans. Now, the arena is also different, bigger and with a history of bad sound. But no soccer world cup or Bråvalla festival or other summer activites can stop. earl Jams fans. With almost 10.000 more in the room than last time, a newly built arena that suddenly is sounding better than ever and a band that seems to want to make everything to make this as good as last time is their visit to Solna an almost 3h long exibition.(poorly worded)

Thats the beginning at least. My train is pulling in :-)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    thanks spirtualchaos! have fun in oslo.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    AFTONBLADET (the biggest newspaper in Scandinavia)

Lets themselves go - in full euphoria

5/5

Eddie vedder shines in pearl jams success.

Time to make it a tradition of historical summerconcerts with pearl jam. The genuine relationship of love between the fans and the seattle bands intense joy of playing belongs more and more at the next generation of Ullevi-experiences/masses (they use the word "mass", as in the church sense) (Ullevi being an arena in Gothenburg which has been legendary due to a string of bruce springsteen concerts which turned the city and country into a frenzy)

"we talked about it afterwards. It was one of those rare nights where we went and and everything just worked. When the band and the fans were one. That, for sure doesnt happen every night".

In an interview with aftonbladet before tonightd show guitarrist stone gossard remembers their last visit to Sweden. The concert that fellow journalist markus larsson gave 5/5 plus.

Nothing stops the fans
    Tonight, two things are different. Then, pearl jam hadn't visited Sweden i 12 years and built up an ocean of anticipation with the loyal fans. Now, the arena is also different, bigger and with a history of bad sound. But no soccer world cup or Bråvalla festival or other summer activites can stop. earl Jams fans. With almost 10.000 more in the room than last time, a newly built arena that suddenly is sounding better than ever and a band that seems to want to make everything to make this as good as last time is their visit to Solna an almost 3h long exhibition.

It starts off as long, dynamic music-experience/mass always does, starts off as a wave. Intense but carefully, the band builts from the ground up, opens the door to the euphoria with "Black" to later release it completely with Animal and alarmcharming (word-by-word translation, don't know what the reviwer means) Mind Your Manners. Eddie vedder, waves, jumps and growls. The drummer Matt Cameron smiles all the way up to the ironbeams in the cieling. Mike McCready stands almost bended backwards with his guitar. Everyone is closing in on 50 or is past it, but the energy looks more like that of a fiery start-up band. the members hits themselves through the set, they hit on strings, drums and vocal chords.

Vedder impresses
    Mostly Vedder shines. Both with his voice and his mood. Like when he dedicates songs to The Hives or swings himself across the stage like Miley Cyrus on a lamp during a crazy electric Porch. When he, on pretty bad, slow but enthusiastic Swedish with a handwritten note tell us that they after the last visit had to visit us again as soon as possible. Or when he brings up a womans shoe on stage - and drinks wine out of it.

It should not be possible - but with, among others, almost all of Ten delivers Pearl Jam another 5/5 plus-explosion. In a hopelessly cursed arena. So fucking good.

(sorry for the bad english)
    mcgruff10 said:

thanks spirtualchaos! have fun in oslo.

Not going to Oslo :/

will be home playing Mario Kart with some friends :/

• kperssonkpersson Posts: 1
    Here the YouTube link to my video of Ed taking my camera on stage: http://youtu.be/H_ToHp6VDxg
    haha, when he throws it back. Najs!
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    kpersson said:

Here the YouTube link to my video of Ed taking my camera on stage: http://youtu.be/H_ToHp6VDxg

Wow that was so cool thank you!!!
    :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    kpersson said:

this is fuckin amazing!!!!!

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    Can anyone translate what ed said when he spoke swedish?)
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 612
    My wife and I travelled from Northern California for this show. Thought the encores were tremendous. The acoustic version of Oceans was awesome! To make this trip even better we met Mike this morning walking along the Stockholm shoreline. He was super cool, we chatted for a few minutes and got a picture. First time ever meeting a member of the band and I'm going on 40 shows so it was really special.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • its_okits_ok Posts: 198

Yes please, I also want to know, and Im Swedish :D

PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • DownStockholmDownStockholm Posts: 149
    edited June 2014
    Post edited by DownStockholm on
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    This band is so amazing! I never thought it could be as good as the show two years ago, but it was!
    I was in tears when they played Release as the opener. And we got Black, and STBC, and Oceans and...
    The shoe thing was hilarious, and the atmosphere in there great, although I have to say I don't like the arena much. It's too big.
    But we as an audience kept on rocking alon g with the band. Everybody in my section was on their feet dancing, just like me.
    Hope they will return in three years time or so, as Eddie said. I'm still on a concert-high.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    its_ok said:

Yes please, I also want to know, and Im Swedish :D

:)) :)) :))
    edited June 2014
    Eddie said in Swedish: He started off politely with Good evening. And then he said they kept their promise, since that night two years ago (at the Globe Arena) was a good one, they promised to be back soon and here they were. Something like that.
    Post edited by bluegrace on
    Btw, I'm not a huge fan of Pink Floyd, but Mother was stellar.
  • petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    Setlist-wise I liked this more than Berlin, but atmosphere looses to Wuhlheide by 5-0. The setlist was quite perfect for my friend who attended his first PJ concert with his brother. They were hoping to hear tracks from Ten, so they got what they wanted. Future 10 Club member, my friend says.

Oceans acoustic. Whoa :x Super nice to hear that. Also Mother was a nice surprise. Better man, Just Breathe. Good good. Still no SOLAT in set. Well they played it last time in Stockholm... btw I would've preferred the gig at Globen instead of this massive Friends Arena. Yesterday's attendance would have made it sold out.

Greetings to Scandinavian Pearl Jam Group. It was fun to run into their pre-party by total accident :)
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • CloggyCloggy Posts: 47
    Just got back home to NL. Attended the first NL show and couldn't wait for Stockholm after that. And the two shows were completely different. I thought Ed's voice was better in Amsterdam, but two weeks into a tour, I get that. Loved the atmosphere yesterday though, in spite of the venue. Couldn't believe they played Red Mosquito, Oceans and Mother! And then there was You, of course. Brilliant!
    The Shoe episode was so incredibly funny, we couldn't stop laughing. Although i will admit I was a little grossed out when Ed poured wine into the shoe and started drinking :-O
    All in all a great night, great crowd and great setlist!
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Still exhausted from the show, I really enjoyed the it, especially the look on their faces, you could really tell that they enjoy what they do for a living.
    Lucky enough I was close to the stage for the first time and it was an awesome experience!
    ...apart from 2 guys making a rush for the front row pushing people around, but they passed quickly ;), and the guy in front of me who nearly fainted when the band came on stage (I caught him before he hit the floor, he seemed ok and walked to the back). Poor guy :( ...
    I might have stepped on a few toes when dancing around as well :) sorry about that :)

The setlist in my opinion was as good as it gets, we got some fun/rare stuff and they pull out something really special for each show, which I guess is a real treat for the lucky bastards who gets to see them more than once on this tour :)

A great show with all the expected standards and more, a very nice atmosphere and great people around us made it a great experience. Random thoughts:

1. Red Mosquito was great
    2. Now I get what a fantastic song Green Disease is
    3. My wife is now officially in love with Mike
    4. Sign her shoe! sign her shoe!
    4b. Mikes face when Ed drank from said shoe :)
    5. Are U kidding, the played Sometimes :)
    6. Once was nice to hear but a bit to slow
    7. I was hoping for Hail, Hail
    8. They gave us Release
    9. Ending with Indifference is smart
    9b. Playing Baba O'Riley before that is genius
    10. Lightning bolt is a great song...live
    11. The stage, PJ with a bit of flair ain't too bad :)
    12. The second Mike got is strat on (after Sirens), I said to my wife, here comes Even Flow
    12b. I was right
    12c. refering to point 5 - this was the actual turningpoint :)
    13. Alive was not as good as it could be
    14. This is indeed the greatest band in the world
    15. Go, Animal, MYM, Why Go, Corduroy, Lighting Bolt, that's a workout an a half :)
    16. A mean version of DTE
    17. Pelle Almqvist would be a fun guest on stage
    18. I hope to see PJ live again.
    19. I'm tired, good night :)

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• SchmaktSchmakt Charlotte Posts: 207
    hah! Like Miley Cyrus. Love that... thank you for translating :)
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
    been to one Swedish show, was very nice with paragliders and black backed gulls...
    Nazım Hikmet