David Letterman is Back

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    prism said:

hedonist said:

Well bless our new-ish mayor - he's asked CBS to consider moving the show to LA once a successor is decided upon.

We could use it, what with Fallon moving his new stint to NY.

*shakes fist*

I hadn't heard this. it sure sounds looks his successor's gonna be Craig Ferguson (whom i adore!) his late, late show is done in LA. and it's produced by Dave's company Worldwide Pants. plus i read somewhere that Craig's latest contract has a clause that he's to be Dave's 'heir' of the late show. altho it's still flipping show bizz known for back-stabbing so who knows?

Craig is fucking hysterical so i really hope CBS honors his contract. ....there isn't any better late night douche on t.v! :)

Hiya, pris!

I'll preface this by saying my sorry ass can't stay up late enough anymore to actually watch any of those shows...I usually catch some bit here or there on the news or youtube or something. But I do dig me some Ferguson! - along with anyone who goes against the grain and is funny while doing so.

Really like Kimmel too...his humor is smart yet sometimes crude. Perfect combination :)

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i should be letterman's replacement
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    chadwick said:

edit

agreed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Along with Stephen Colbert, Chelsea Handler has been added to the rumor mill.
    ELITIST FUK
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I could tolerate Letterman if he had an interesting guest or musical act, but I won't even brother if they go with Handler. She's just awful.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Colbert taking over for Letterman when he retires. CBS doesn't mess around.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    So Colbert will finally be able to drop his shtick. I wonder if that will end up hurting him ...
    Jason P said:

So Colbert will finally be able to drop his shtick. I wonder if that will end up hurting him ...

I used to love him (but it's all over now).

Plus, I think he's shtuck to his shtick.

hedonist said:

Jason P said:

Why is it all over now?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

hedonist said:

Jason P said:

Why is it all over now?
    Read the phrase just prior to that (ie, all over now - for me).

I just don't care for his overall persona anymore as I did in his earlier days.

hedonist said:

igotid88 said:

hedonist said:

Jason P said:

Why is it all over now?
    Read the phrase just prior to that (ie, all over now - for me).

I just don't care for his overall persona anymore as I did in his earlier days.

Oh. But it still works.
    I miss igotid88
    Colbert has played a character since I saw him on the Dana Carvey show. But I think he'll do fine. I really wanted Conan to be the one. Out of all the late night hosts. He's the funniest. I like Fallon. But I don't think I've ever laughed out loud on either of his shows. It's mostly "Oh that's cool."
    I miss igotid88
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    edited April 2014
    “I won’t be doing the new show in character, so we’ll all get to find out how much of him was me. I’m looking forward to it….​​,”said the current 11:30 PM The Colbert Report host
    looking at reactions today, i'm surprised how many people didn't realize he was doing a character on comedy central
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2014
    norm said:

“I won’t be doing the new show in character, so we’ll all get to find out how much of him was me. I’m looking forward to it….​​,”said the current 11:30 PM The Colbert Report host
    looking at reactions today, i'm surprised how many people didn't realize he was doing a character on comedy central
    I've seen a shocking number of comments over time that make it clear that there are a lot of very stupid Republicans who think he's right wing, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    norm said:

There was a controversy just last week.
    I miss igotid88
    I hope Pearl Jam plays on the final week if not the final show.
    I miss igotid88
    If he wasn't liberal he would have been crucified for his "ching chong" tweet a week ago and there is no way CBS would even think about touching him w/ a ten foot pole. No matter the intent of the tweet.

I think his shtick was funny and still held up. We shall see ...
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I really like Cobert, though I don't watch his show anymore (not seen it in a couple years) he along with Conan rank at the top of my list of evening/late night personalities.

Bill Maher, Stewart, Leno right at the bottom of my list.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I think The Daily Show and Colbert are some of the best shows on TV. I really hope Colbert doesn't fall into the lame late night TV mold!
    I wonder if Letterman was thinking, "Hey, fuck faces, I announce my retirement and you have my replacement signed in less then a week???".
    edited April 2014
    i was saying lastnight i think will ferrell would make a great replacement on the letterman show. ferrell makes me laugh just by him standing or sitting there.

i dislike conan & i dislike colbert, maher & stewart
    sure i don't watch tv but i do have the internet & i've watched some stuff that had folks rolling in the aisles
    i was here at the desk rolling my face back & forth over a box of (dumped out & ready to go) 50 giant thumb-tacks
    sounds brutal? well not as brutal as conan, colbert, maher & stewart having a go at being funny

stewart would be the funnier of the four
    conon would be second
    maher & colbert... oh my god! not funny

i have a question
    why do folks believe the new late night letterman spot has to go to a current late night show host?
    i bet if we broaden the horizons greatness could emerge
    but wow, bill maher sure gets some very fine tail, google search images... ding dong ding
    nicely done, billy

i see maher & g/f standing in front of a family guy backdrop. anyone know what that is about?
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    We hate... people who cause/create contention, not saying you did though.
    chadwick said:

but wow, bill maher sure gets some very fine tail, google search images... ding dong ding
    nicely done, billy

most of those women are prostitutes...and no, i'm not kidding
    Jason P said:

If he wasn't liberal he would have been crucified for his "ching chong" tweet a week ago and there is no way CBS would even think about touching him w/ a ten foot pole. No matter the intent of the tweet.

I think his shtick was funny and still held up. We shall see ...

Colbert didn't tweet that. That's a separate account for the show that tweeted the line from the show taken out of context.
    I miss igotid88
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    norm said:

chadwick said:

nicely done, billy

And thats typical, and behind every prositute there is killing,lying, theft and drugs, just filth not acceptable...but law is law if one marries she's still under law to be married to one man only weather or not she screws around, paper is blood in surpremes eyes even if they are not back up by law.
    norm said:

chadwick said:

nicely done, billy

i'll be damned & here i was led to believe maher was a lady's man with great class, style, brains & a bit of manliness going on.
    guess he buys his women.

on one hand they leave when it's done
    & are invited back when it's on
    gives a guy his space & variety pack options
    all in all, probably not my cup of tea
    for one thing who's got that kinda $$$ lying around?

maher does

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    So now that we know Colbert is replacing Letterman, who will be filling Colbert's spot in Comedy Central?
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

So now that we know Colbert is replacing Letterman, who will be filling Colbert's spot in Comedy Central?

i'm hoping they expand the daily show to an hour...jon already goes over time on most of his guests so why not
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    SD48277 said:

Maybe they'll make John Stewart's show an hour.... Which I would like. Those interviews are WAY too short.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata