My Pearl Jam Best Friend

WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
I hope you guys don't mind, but I'd like to share a story that i have about my Pearl Jam best friend. I'm going to keep this persons name anonymous because i know how certain fans on this forum can be. Anyways, here it goes:

Last November (2013) when the OKC show was nearing, I decided to join a couple FB groups on the show including the Wishlist Foundation group. Anyways, through these groups and through the internet I met one of the best friends that I've ever had. Through the group page and through messaging we got to know each other very well and became fast friends with the mutual bond of the band that we had. We never got to meet at the OKC show, but afterwards we discussed the show and continued on strengthening out friendship online. Since then we've talked almost every day. We not only discuss PJ, but our other musical interests, comic books, Star Wars, etc....it's been amazing. We were also able to share with each other our tough moments in life and how we've been on this long journey just getting through the bad times. Again, we've never met face to face and have just talked through text and FB. This all started close to 5 months ago. However, this past week I was finally able to meet my PJ best friend!!! There is no amount of words to describe being able to meet someone officially for the first time, but also who means so much to you and has been there for you so much. We talked of course about PJ and our fascination with Maynard James Keenan of Tool and APC haha. And then we went our separate ways. Since then I've become even more grateful for this friend I have. And the wonderful thing is Pearl Jam is the one who brought us together.

So I want to thank you Eddie, Jeff, Mike, Stone, Matt, and Boom for allowing me to meet one of the best friends that I've ever had.
446927_artist.jpg?0119

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I too met my best friend and now-husband through this band / their music / the old Message Pit. That feeling of connection (amazing how that can happen and be felt so strongly and surely over distance), let alone FINALLY meeting in person - is like nothing else, no?

Cheers to you and your friend from a fellow Tool, APC, Puscifer (pretty much anything Maynard touches) fan!
  • Acesn8sAcesn8s Posts: 186
    Amazing story. Happy for both of you.
    Indio, CA 11-05-93
    Universal City, CA 09-30-09
    Los Angeles, CA 11-23-13
    Los Angeles, CA 11-24-13
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Very cool.

I also met one of my best friends right here on the forums. And now we're working on putting out our 4th album together. Amazing.

Aside from meeting him, I've made so many great friends here that it makes bitching about the limited edition crap seem pointless. Cheers.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    True. Met some great people here. :)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12