Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Wow, very interesting! I can't believe just how many planes have actually gone missing, was looking that up yesterday.
    Can't imagine how agonising it would be for the passenger's friends and family.

Ok, so I've been keeping up with the Malaysia Airlines aircraft that vanished three days ago, it was lost in the area of the Dragons triangle, very similar to the Bermuda triangle, I'm curious as to why no one has brought this up. The Dragon's and Bermuda Triangles align point to point through the center of the Earth, with the same latitude and longitude. Both are located at the eastern end of large continental masses, where the sea's currents are colliding with warm and cold water, over volcanic areas. Deep trenches are another commonality, with the triangle in the Pacific Ocean featuring the Mariana Trench, the deepest known point in all the seas. The Dragon's Triangle in particular, reports an ever-changing seascape with professionally charted landmasses and islands literally forming and disappearing overnight. The Japanese call it the Ma-no Umi: the Sea of the Devil. Often compared to the Bermuda Triangle, the Dragon's Triangle is an area where sea-going vessels and aircraft allegedly mysteriously disappear. Besides disappearing planes and ships, phenomena that are linked to the Dragon's Triangle include ghost ships, USOs, lapses in time, and electronic equipment malfunctions. Some writers, including Charles Berlitz3, even link the Dragon's Triangle to the disappearance of Amelia Earhart. Hmmmmmm, VERY interesting!

“ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208

Ok, so I've been keeping up with the Malaysia Airlines aircraft that vanished three days ago, it was lost in the area of the Dragons triangle, very similar to the Bermuda triangle, I'm curious as to why no one has brought this up.

Maybe because it was nowhere near that area

• callen said:

rival. said:

just read a terrifying scenario (not that any of the ones already mentioned aren't terrifying)...

the plane experienced catastrophic mechanical failure, made an emergency landing similar to the "miracle on the hudson" landing, the mechanical failure also caused complete loss of communications, unable to send out an SOS the plane just eventually sank whole explaining the lack of debris.

the thought of being stranded out in the middle of the ocean with 250 people on a sinking plane makes me dizzy. scary scary stuff

So does the thought of high speed plummeting to the sea. Looking at your loved ones and knowing this is it. Any scenario is bleak to put it lightly. Just awful. I'm flying in four days. Guess what I'll be entertaining more times than normal? Might have to medicate myself.
    Just think about how much safer flying is to driving car.
    I know. Completely irrational thoughts that shouldn't be thought. A by product of placing your life in someone else's hands.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    i think aliens swiped it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    or maybe.........the US government is behind all this just to blame it on a radical...muslim group......ummmmmm I'll bet that's it. :))
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    rival. said:

just read a terrifying scenario (not that any of the ones already mentioned aren't terrifying)...

the plane experienced catastrophic mechanical failure, made an emergency landing similar to the "miracle on the hudson" landing, the mechanical failure also caused complete loss of communications, unable to send out an SOS the plane just eventually sank whole explaining the lack of debris.

the thought of being stranded out in the middle of the ocean with 250 people on a sinking plane makes me dizzy. scary scary stuff

Sounds terrifying but not likely- someone would have sent a message, seat cushions would have been used for floatation devices. Also assumes the pilot had the skill of a Sullenberger to set it down at sea.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited March 2014
    Five passenger checked in but didn't get on board? The pilot tried to turn back the plane before it disappeard?
    Maybe someone tried to hi-jack the plane?

Post edited by Annafalk on
  • PingfahPingfah Posts: 350

Ok, so I've been keeping up with the Malaysia Airlines aircraft that vanished three days ago, it was lost in the area of the Dragons triangle, very similar to the Bermuda triangle, I'm curious as to why no one has brought this up.

Maybe because it was nowhere near that area
    Perhaps also because the reputation of Bermuda Triangle is a load of superstitious bollocks with no basis in fact, that has no place in a serious discussion about the loss of a plane such as this.
  • 1. the shuttle blew to bits and pieces landed on earth.
    2. they found a passport from a highjacker that blew out of his shirt pocket, through the explosion at one of the trade centres and landed on the sidewalk.
    3. maybe they got highjacked, told to turn off the tracking, flew for an hour or two and then blew the plane to bits, of which there would still be debris but they are looking miles away from where it really happened.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    it's enteraining to guess and rerad the guess's of others and there is always someone that knows better than the rest just because they believe them selfs to the most logical of the group..... and they are enteraining as well........... :))

Godfather.
    They say now it's possibly in the sea outside Malaysia ?
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Saw on the news it was something like 8 days before they found wreckage of the air France accident in 2009.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Interpol says terrorism not likely.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Everything is speculation at this point.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    totally bizarre ...

i was thinking some kind of weather anomaly at first but considering there was no distress call made ... makes me believe all communication was down including radar and radio ...

right now i'm leaning towards hijacked and sitting hidden on some remote runway ... or that it crashed over land in some jungle ...
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    lukin2006 said:

Saw on the news it was something like 8 days before they found wreckage of the air France accident in 2009.

the wreckage is harder to find than lay-logic would suggest and, as someone already said, if it exploded at altitude, the wreckage would be spread far and wide. what about cell phones? they aren't pinging any towers? that to me means it must have busted apart in air or went down horribly quick.
    sorry GF but islands don't pop up from the deep sea and then dissapear as quickly. magnetic disturbance causing navigation error? this is possible, dragons aren't.

my gut says there is no way this is terrorist. what is the point of a terror attack that nobody knows about? that is literally the point, to get people's attention, and instill terror. the lack of information available says to me it's much more likely a military installment accidently shot it down and is trying to cover.
    it wouldn't be the first time, the US did it in '88.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

the wreckage is harder to find than lay-logic would suggest and, as someone already said, if it exploded at altitude, the wreckage would be spread far and wide. what about cell phones? they aren't pinging any towers? that to me means it must have busted apart in air or went down horribly quick.
    sorry GF but islands don't pop up from the deep sea and then dissapear as quickly. magnetic disturbance causing navigation error? this is possible, dragons aren't.

my gut says there is no way this is terrorist. what is the point of a terror attack that nobody knows about? that is literally the point, to get people's attention, and instill terror. the lack of information available says to me it's much more likely a military installment accidently shot it down and is trying to cover.

I'm thinking the same thing, rgambs.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

How many acts of terrorism go unclaimed?

Most of them. Credible perpetrators claimed responsibility for only 14 percent of the more than 45,000 terrorist acts that have occurred since 1998, according to the University of Maryland’s Global Terrorism Database. (The database defines terrorism as “the threatened or actual use of illegal force and violence by a nonstate actor to attain a political, economic, religious, or social goal through fear, coercion, or intimidation.”) Even the majority of attacks on airports and airplanes appear to have gone unclaimed.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2014/03/malaysia_airlines_flight_370_do_terrorists_claim_responsibility_for_their.html
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Malaysian military are reporting that the flight turned off its transponder and flew 350 miles to the west before they lost radar contact with it. Very strange ...

Malaysia's Berita Harian newspaper quoted air force chief Rodzali Daud as saying the plane was last detected at 2.40 a.m. by military radar near the island of Pulau Perak at the northern end of the Strait of Malacca. It was flying about 1,000 meters lower than its previous altitude, he was quoted as saying.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia-military-missing-plane-flew-350-miles-with-tracking-off-2014-3#ixzz2vfpsmHzZ
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Jason P said:

Malaysian military are reporting that the flight turned off its transponder and flew 350 miles to the west before they lost radar contact with it. Very strange ...

Malaysia's Berita Harian newspaper quoted air force chief Rodzali Daud as saying the plane was last detected at 2.40 a.m. by military radar near the island of Pulau Perak at the northern end of the Strait of Malacca. It was flying about 1,000 meters lower than its previous altitude, he was quoted as saying.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia-military-missing-plane-flew-350-miles-with-tracking-off-2014-3#ixzz2vfpsmHzZ

interesting.....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

And again in 2001.

edited March 2014
    I feel very sorry for all people on board and their relatives
    :(
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I dont thinks so though, there is no great purpose for it in a terrorists eye 250 people die is a mark but no great one for the such like the United state towers?
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Families of passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 say the cell phones of their loved ones are still ringing. Malaysia Airlines officials have also confirmed smartphones of the crew are active as well.
    whoa!
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i havent heard that yet. if that is true, that is crazy.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/11/malaysia-airlines-370-passengers-cell-phones/6285325/

But industry experts say ringing phones don't necessarily mean that the calls are going through.

"The ringing is not actually ringing at the other phone yet," industry analyst Jeff Kagan said. "It's just telling you that the network is in the process of finding and connecting to it."

Locally placed calls may connect almost instantaneously, he said, but long-distance or international calls may "ring" several times before the phone is found or the system can't find it and disconnects the call.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

And again in 2001.

The '88 incident where the US military shot down an Iranian commercial jetliner would today in history be blamed on the Iraqi government by everyone if the US government covert ops were as competent as you claim they are in other completely insane conspiracy theories.

Think about it ...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Man to not know what happened to loved one's has to be excruciating mental pain ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    rival. said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/11/malaysia-airlines-370-passengers-cell-phones/6285325/

But industry experts say ringing phones don't necessarily mean that the calls are going through.

"The ringing is not actually ringing at the other phone yet," industry analyst Jeff Kagan said. "It's just telling you that the network is in the process of finding and connecting to it."

Locally placed calls may connect almost instantaneously, he said, but long-distance or international calls may "ring" several times before the phone is found or the system can't find it and disconnects the call.

interesting...i always thought that when a phone is off, all calls go to voicemail and there is no ringing
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

lukin2006 said:

How many acts of terrorism go unclaimed?

Most of them. Credible perpetrators claimed responsibility for only 14 percent of the more than 45,000 terrorist acts that have occurred since 1998, according to the University of Maryland’s Global Terrorism Database. (The database defines terrorism as “the threatened or actual use of illegal force and violence by a nonstate actor to attain a political, economic, religious, or social goal through fear, coercion, or intimidation.”) Even the majority of attacks on airports and airplanes appear to have gone unclaimed.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2014/03/malaysia_airlines_flight_370_do_terrorists_claim_responsibility_for_their.html
    claimingresponsibility doesn't equate to nobody knowing what happened though...when a bus explodes in a city it garners attention, when a plane dissapears people may assume it to be a natural cause and less "terrorfying"
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited March 2014
    cells often times ring at least 2-3 times in the ear of the caller, but in fact, have not yet rang or will finally ring for the first time.
    can a cell phone ring deep underwater? pressure, soaking, so on & so forth

i am thinking foul play & the plane actually may not have crashed into the drink or jungle. everyone may be alive

let's just say it exploded way up there... i think it depends what caused the explosion as to what kinda debris will be floating. also, floating debris can be several feet underwater riding the currents. cars & other big heavy objects can float around the world just a few feet underwater

the devil's & dragon's triangle... wild stuff with a ton of accurate reports. the devil's triangle actually has a gas that is released from the ocean's floor & travels upwards. they think a blast of that can sink a ship & knock a plane out of the sky & for sure make instruments go whacky. was this plane traveling through the dragon's triangle? i'm not familiar with the dragon triangle location
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce