Eddie Vedder Tour in Brazil - 2014 May

cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,460
edited March 2014 in The Porch
Citi hall in Brazil starting this:

https://www.citibank.com.br/servicos/entretenimento.html?av=DCF12530

Eddie Vedder with Glen Hansard

São Paulo 7-8 May
Rio de Janeiro 11-12 May

Maybe the oficial announce in the next newsletter??

First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
Post edited by cardoso on

Comments

• This will probably coincide with a Pearl Jam tour like they did in Australia.
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Hoping for more US dates this year!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Sooooo Happy!!!
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    Already removed ? Cant find it
  • cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,460
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • critteraucritterau Posts: 199
    You would think the band would want to keep promoting the new album but looks like Eddie wants to keep vacationing and surfing.
    Bham 9/3/98
    Atl 8/7/00, Houston 10/14/00
    Bham 4/9/03, Nash 4/18/03, Atl 4/19/03, Boston 7/11/03, Hershey 7/12/03
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Charlotte 10/30/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 2 11/24/13
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    Another tour, another disappointment... maybe one decade we'll get a show in Houston..

Must be nice to live in south america these days, seems like every band is discovering how much fun it is to play down there to rabid fans. Enjoy all you lucky people... the EV solo shows are a beautiful thing... would love to get some more...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Worst. Tour. News. Ever. :(

(although happy for the fans in Brazil).
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Bummer...the Lolla site seems convinced they play it in Aug. Also saw someone on there saying thats last show 2014. We'll be the last to know. Still holding out small hope for fall US dates.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    So no Toronto in may ???
    We need more PJ in Toronto and some Eddie too :D
    I hope Lolla (if it happens) is not a one-off US show as it was in 2007.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    BeerBaron said:

I'd be pretty disappointed if Lolla was the end of the touring for this year. And that would suck for fans in the midwest that would get no real shows again, especially considering how great the band has played. But is is all rumors at this point anyway.

I still think they will do a 3 week tour in September/October
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • any News about how will be the tickets for 10c Members for Brazil Tour????
    im realy think will be a year of Tours.

Believe in:
    Us/Canada - SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER
    South America - NOVEMBER/DECEMBER

By the way, american friends will be very welcome in Brazil for Ev Tour!!

BeerBaron said:

I'd be pretty disappointed if Lolla was the end of the touring for this year. And that would suck for fans in the midwest that would get no real shows again, especially considering how great the band has played. But is is all rumors at this point anyway.

I would suspect that a tour around a big festival would make most sense. So either 3 weeks post-Lolla in August or 3 weeks around ACL in the fall.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to play Lolla as a one-off .... unless they plan to play proper Midwest shows and by doing a short October tour, they can do that without violating the typical Lolla performer restrictions.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    bravo for Brazil
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    BeerBaron said:

BeerBaron said:

I would suspect that a tour around a big festival would make most sense. So either 3 weeks post-Lolla in August or 3 weeks around ACL in the fall.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to play Lolla as a one-off .... unless they plan to play proper Midwest shows and by doing a short October tour, they can do that without violating the typical Lolla performer restrictions.
    I agree, can't see them doing a one off either. I could see Lolla starting a run of shows where they play and then maybe head to Canada before circling back around to areas that were missed last fall. And I could see them ending a tour with ACL if that does not work.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    edited March 2014

BeerBaron said:

BeerBaron said:

I agree, can't see them doing a one off either. I could see Lolla starting a run of shows where they play and then maybe head to Canada before circling back around to areas that were missed last fall. And I could see them ending a tour with ACL if that does not work.
    I'd love to say not ACL as it's too soon since their last headline (2009).... but C3 has already proven that they will repeat headliners frequently (i.e. KoL 2009 and 2013, Muse 2010 and 2013....)... and there has been a lot of overlap between the 2 festivals the last few years (i have been going to both the last few years, so it kinda sucks for me)... makes working at C3 talent, resources, and contracts a lot easier, can do all the legal mumbo-jumbo once and knock out 2 huge festivals...

so it wouldn't surprise me if they're headlining Lolla they wind up back in Austin again... sigh... seems we'll never get a show in Houston... all the surrounding festivals have blocks on playing here... despite the fact Houston is a bigger city than any of these surrounding places... guess everyone's got there claws into the Houston economy....
    :((

Anyway.... happy for the people in Brazil! Enjoy all. EV shows are awesome. :D
    Post edited by shep on
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    With Ed playing all these solo shows this year you would think he'd release the Out Of The Furnace songs.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

With Ed playing all these solo shows this year you would think he'd release the Out Of The Furnace songs.

i was surpised he didnt play any new material in Oz

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    critterau said:

You would think the band would want to keep promoting the new album but looks like Eddie wants to keep vacationing and surfing.

i would assume this is right before or after PJ shows down there just like the Oz tour

• TarsoMarquesTarsoMarques Fortaleza, Ce - Brasil Posts: 10
    The site from Citi Hall take off the information about the show 0_o
    2005 Curitiba (BRA) 2011 Rio de Janeiro (BRA) 2013 São Paulo (BRA) 2013 Buenos Aires (ARG) 2014 São Paulo (BRA) - Eddie Vedder 2014 São Paulo (BRA) - Eddie Vedder 2014 São Paulo (BRA) - Eddie Vedder

continue on the site
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    http://rollingstone.uol.com.br/noticia/eddie-vedder-volta-ao-brasil-para-shows-solo-no-rio-de-janeiro-e-sao-paulo/

via Google Translate ..

Eddie Vedder returns to Brazil for solo shows in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo
    Opening presentation will be in charge of Glen Hansard , who won the Oscar for Best Original Song in the movie Only Once

Eddie Vedder
    Carolina Vianna
    by Writing
    March 5, 2014 at 11:20

Updated at 12H12 : The press T4F , the company producing the concerts held at Citibank Hall , not yet confirmed presentations by Eddie Vedder , although they appear on the home site . End of update

Updated at 13h41 : The dates have been removed from the home site shows.Fim update

Rocker dawn on Tuesday, 4 , was shaken by the news that Eddie Vedder is preparing to return to Brazil in 2014 , this time in solo tour . The information was revealed by the very playhouse Citibank Hall site , both in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo ( São Paulo in capital by the end of 2013 , it was called Credicard Hall ) .

Learn how was the Pearl Jam concert at Lollapalooza Brazil .

Website information are still confused , however, and nothing has yet been confirmed by a spokesperson for the T4F . It is known that the leader of Pearl Jam pass by São Paulo on 7 and 8 May and at Rio de Janeiro , on 11 and 12 May .

In Citibank Hall site , however, São Paulo's presentation on 8 appears twice - which could indicate a third show in Sao Paulo , probably in the 9th .

Joining the values ​​are not yet available and tickets will go on pre - sale from the 10th and 16th of March , to clients of Citi or flags Diners card .

After passing through Brazil headlining the third day of the festival Lollpalooza , with Pearl Jam in 2013 , Eddie submit material released without the band from Seattle , with the discs Into the Wild , the soundtrack to the film Into the Wild , with which he won a Golden Globe , and the latest Ukulele Songs . To the delight of fans of Pearl Jam , yeah , he also plays the group's songs in solo show - and also some covers.

See what attractions Lollapalooza 2014 in São Paulo .

The opening acts will be on account of Glen Hansard , Irish musician who gained fame - and an Oscar for Best Original Song - when starred in and composed the theme song from the movie Once ( here translated for Only Once ) , 2006 .

After the award, the duo created Hansard The Swell Season , Markéta Irglová with then girlfriend with whom he shared an Oscar . The relationship came to an end, as the band , and Hansard followed a solo career .

• VarzinczakVarzinczak Curitiba, Brazil Posts: 71
    I'm thinking: 'that's awesome, finally I will see a Ed's show', but at the same time I think: Only 5 shows in small venues: the capacity in Citibank Hall Sao Paulo: 2,500 and in Rio: 8.500. Only about 25.000 tickets for 5 shows. Remembering that in 2011 PJ sold approximately 200.000 tickets only in Brazil for 5 shows. In Sao Paulo this number was almost 110.000 (50k and 60k in both nights respectively) I really hope that more cities here in Brazil receive this show because everyone is going to be mad to get a couple tickets.
    'It's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind.'
  • Great news for the Brazillian fans!
    Still hoping for PJ at Bridge School in October!
    "A beacon on dry land"

I'm thinking: 'that's awesome, finally I will see a Ed's show', but at the same time I think: Only 5 shows in small venues: the capacity in Citibank Hall Sao Paulo: 2,500 and in Rio: 8.500. Only about 25.000 tickets for 5 shows. Remembering that in 2011 PJ sold approximately 200.000 tickets only in Brazil for 5 shows. In Sao Paulo this number was almost 110.000 (50k and 60k in both nights respectively) I really hope that more cities here in Brazil receive this show because everyone is going to be mad to get a couple tickets.

8500 in Rio?

That's a huge fucking room...

When Ed played Jones hall in Houston in 2012 that room holds around 2800, and that was one of his biggest venues to date... and I'm glad I was towards the front, if I had of been in the back I don't think it would have been very enjoyable between people chatting and the casual douchebags yelling "evenflow" or "eddie, come play my wedding"... etc...
    edited March 2014
    shep said:

8500 in Rio?

That's a huge fucking room...

When Ed played Jones hall in Houston in 2012 that room holds around 2800, and that was one of his biggest venues to date... and I'm glad I was towards the front, if I had of been in the back I don't think it would have been very enjoyable between people chatting and the casual douchebags yelling "evenflow" or "eddie, come play my wedding"... etc...
    Sorry, it's 8500 with no seats...with seats it's 3100. Damned, it's worst than I thought before hahaha I imagine that it will be with seats so we will have only 13000 tickets available
    Iwell, let's wait and hope (and pray) for a pre-order for ten club members
    Post edited by Varzinczak on
  • TarsoMarquesTarsoMarques Fortaleza, Ce - Brasil Posts: 10
    cardoso said:

continue on the site
    Cardoso, Não está mais.
    Not anymore. Look there
    2005 Curitiba (BRA) 2011 Rio de Janeiro (BRA) 2013 São Paulo (BRA) 2013 Buenos Aires (ARG) 2014 São Paulo (BRA) - Eddie Vedder 2014 São Paulo (BRA) - Eddie Vedder 2014 São Paulo (BRA) - Eddie Vedder
    edited March 2014

cardoso said:

continue on the site
    Cardoso, Não está mais.
    Not anymore. Look there
    Not anymore and the producers say that they do not know this tour.

http://guia.folha.uol.com.br/shows/2014/03/1421011-eddie-vedder-fara-cinco-shows-solo-no-brasil-em-maio-saiba-mais.shtml

Post edited by Varzinczak on