"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

1252627282931»

Comments

• huck_5huck_5 Posts: 80
    I emailed fisherscustsvc@umusic.com 4 days ago and no return email. Just finally was about to get my record player unpacked a week ago after moving cross country. Is it normal to not hear from fisherscustsvc@umusic.com then magically get a replacement in the mail? Is there a better method/contact information? Thanks.
    Knoxville, TN '98 | Nashville, TN '03 | Columbia, SC '08 | EV - Nashville, TN '09 | EV - Phoenix, AZ '12 | Charlotte, NC '13
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
  • What's the price?
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    well ive got my refund but now i have to find a new source to buy LB ....the thing is if i buy off ebay and its crap then im shafted so where else can i get one where i know its going to be fine ..........also ive lost out on the chance of finding that illusive red one lol ...
    come on 10 club help us out here
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775

well ive got my refund but now i have to find a new source to buy LB ....the thing is if i buy off ebay and its crap then im shafted so where else can i get one where i know its going to be fine ..........also ive lost out on the chance of finding that illusive red one lol ...

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/pearl-jam-lightning-bolt-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

Free shipping, no tax outside of PA.
  • BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    I just got mine from Barnes and Noble also. I think it was $35.
  • jamburger said:

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/pearl-jam-lightning-bolt-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

Free shipping, no tax outside of PA.
    I bought mine from sound stage this week and it's great.
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    FINALLY got a reply....they are out of stock so I will get mine once more get restocked.....ugh!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 830
    edited January 2014
    Just received my order from Sunrise records in Canada. They said they just got there new shipment.
    How do I tell if its the 2nd pressing?
    Post edited by mikesbri on
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
    silver39 said:

FINALLY got a reply....they are out of stock so I will get mine once more get restocked.....ugh!!

at least youll have a chance at getting red old son lol
    cheers jamburger btw mate
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346

silver39 said:

at least youll have a chance at getting red old son lol
    LOL! I wish....I did order 1 copy and got 2 records.....think they will replace both?
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
    na i think people are just gonna get refunded imo BUT you never no its been such a shambles nothing would surprise me lol
  • Grabbed a copy from Bull Moose in Portsmouth last week. Couldn't wait around for a repressing that may never happen.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • i finally got around to playing the one i got at the merch booth at the worceter 1 show (had some stereo receiver issues). big skip in the middle of pendulum and some pops. emailed them and got a response same day. dude said they would send out a replacement right away, so it certainly sounds like they have more. I was told nothing about any delays for restocking or whatnots
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Second pressings are out there folks.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • huck_5huck_5 Posts: 80
    Just got my replacement from UMGD today, and received the red vinyl. Which is cool, my initial vinyl is black. So far no skips.
    Knoxville, TN '98 | Nashville, TN '03 | Columbia, SC '08 | EV - Nashville, TN '09 | EV - Phoenix, AZ '12 | Charlotte, NC '13
    is umgd just a delivery company ??
  • JT_JamFanJT_JamFan Posts: 169
    I have been made whole!

I posted on this thread in December that I had emailed UMG as directed, and waited six weeks, then was referred back to 10C.... and continued to wait.

Last week I received a replacement outer sleeve, and today I received a new record, lyric booklet and sticker sheet! A very happy day indeed. I can finally listen to side two! It has been a long three months, but I know other folks didn't get anything at all until this month, at least I was able to listen to side one and the first few songs of side two for the last few months!

Santos and the guys in shipping have no doubt had an awful time dealing with this mess. I hope the next release goes better for all involved.

Now, my question is this: was the 10C version different in any way from those bought in the stores? Would it have been better to buy it in a store? The prices in the stores are about the same as what I paid for the record and the shipping combined, so outside of exclusive content there wasn't much incentive to get it from the 10C outside of getting it delivered to your door on the day it was released (which didn't happen anyway).
    Escape is never the safest path....

Atlanta 9.1.98
    Dallas 11.15.13
    Ft. Worth 9.15.23
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    No different.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Members who purchased a defective original pressing shouldn't be excluded from purchasing a proper second pressing
    no time this time to feign reluctance
  • Hello folks. First time poster (long time lurker) here.

I have to say, I have been hugely disappointed with the LB vinyl stuff. I preordered in July and I never received my copy! I got a refund (thank you!) from 10c but still, it sucks I never got this even though I pre ordered. I just got my 2013 10c 7" today, so I am glad at least it arrived. I don't care if it gets here late but as long as it gets here at all. Luckily I had picked up a copy of LB on vinyl when I was travelling and whilst waiting for the 10c order to get here. Since that never came, I am glad I at least own a copy of this on wax.

Even then, I doubt I would cancel my membership. Just hope PJ pays attention to this fiasco that left a lot of people unhappy.

Rock on!