Will Milan be the biggest PJ show in Europe of all time?

jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
edited December 2013 in The Porch
Or someone will say Pinkpop? :lol::lol:

Any comments?
What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
2016: NY MSG 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    No, probably not.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872
    no
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Damn I hope so!!!! :mrgreen:
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • It depends on the stage setup.

Conceivably, there can be well over 80,000 people in that stadium with GA.

I predict a North/South End setup with 55,000 in attendance.

I'm so happy I got GA tickets for that show and Trieste. Italia Summer 2014!
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    It depends on the stage setup.

Conceivably, there can be well over 80,000 people in that stadium with GA.

I predict a North/South End setup with 55,000 in attendance.

I'm so happy I got GA tickets for that show and Trieste. Italia Summer 2014!

That's the spirit. :D:D :thumbup:

• ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    Outside festivals it must be one the biggest shows they´ve played.

I can´t think of any venue (other than Milton Keynes this summer too), thay´ve played in here in Europe, that holds such a massive crowd.
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • Just saying it now...I got tickets so it will rain at the Milan show.

I'm the guy who brought the rain to PJ20 and Wrigley :D
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • hensodhensod Posts: 192

I can´t think of any venue (other than Milton Keynes this summer too), thay´ve played in here in Europe, that holds such a massive crowd.

I might be wrong but this mk stadium is it the one with a capacity of 30.500 seated??
    ISO, vinyl: Avocado, Binural, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, Benny
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    biggest??like Shaquille O'Neal big?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Amsterdam I + II will be epic again i'm guessing 8-)
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Hyde Park was massive - if that counts as it was not a solo show?
    1996: Hamburg, Berlin 2000: London 1, Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester, Berlin, Hamburg, Roskilde 2003: Brisbane1+2, Sydney 1+2+3, Melbourne 1+2+3, NY 1+2, Seattle 2006: London, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Arnhem, Antwerp, Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisabon 1+2, Madrid, Marsaille, Paris, Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Praque, Berlin, Vienna, Zagreb 2007: Lisbon, Madrid, Munich, Vienna, London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen 2009: London, Berlin, Manchester, London, Seattle 1+2, Vancouver, Portland 2010: Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park, Berlin, Arras 2011: Montreal, Toronto 1+2, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver 2012: Amsterdam 1+2, Praque, Berlin 1+2, Copenhagen 2014: Amsterdam 1+2, Milan, Trieste, Berlin
    RideRick wrote:
    Amsterdam I + II will be epic again i'm guessing 8-)
    WORD
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    hensod wrote:

I might be wrong but this mk stadium is it the one with a capacity of 30.500 seated??

Milton Keynes Bowl is all standing with a capacity of 65000 I think you may be confused with the football stadium??

Pearl Jam are playing the bowl which is only used for music concerts.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • IM243403IM243403 Ireland Posts: 12
    edited December 2013
    anyone know how the GA 10c tix will work for Milan?? will it be a pit section at the front of the stage or what?? :shock:

http://www.ticketone.it/biglietti-pearl ... =erdetaila

Ticketone Italy shows a tiny we box in front of the stage as "Inner Circle"!!!
    Post edited by IM243403 on
    Dublin 2000, Dublin 2006, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Manchester 2012, Brooklyn 1&2 2013, Philadelphia 2 2013, Milan 2014

Eddie Vedder Manchester 2012
  • hensodhensod Posts: 192
    chime wrote:
    hensod wrote:

Milton Keynes Bowl is all standing with a capacity of 65000 I think you may be confused with the football stadium??

Pearl Jam are playing the bowl which is only used for music concerts.

Then Im with you :fp:
    ISO, vinyl: Avocado, Binural, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, Benny
    DOnt want to raise expectations so high and make a Wrigley out of this but

did you just see that this show is almost sold out? In one day?

Fuck yeah...

jumbojet wrote:

Fuck yeah...
    fuck yeah.,.
    and i post this at facebook

more or less same set up will be for pj..

4:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP0bzWXihdA

imagine Animal-do the evo,why go ,release -alive -keep on rockin - porch-black-sirens- with this fuckin crowd...\\

fuck me...
    jumbojet wrote:

Fuck yeah...
    fuck yeah.,.
    and i post this at facebook

more or less same set up will be for pj..

4:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP0bzWXihdA

imagine Animal-do the evo,why go ,release -alive -keep on rockin - porch-black-sirens- with this fuckin crowd...\\

fuck me...

DM is all good but you need something rocking when you are on a live show. :lol::lol:

PJ @ San Siro will be epic of the epic.

• neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    Milton Keynes would be the biggest in Europe they have played as their own show, but I'm doubting if it will sell out, still, having said that..there will be a huge crowd watching the last night of the tour so it's gonna be a blast whatever happens, just hoping our 10c tickets will be given wristbands too for the inner pit like it was when the Foos played there, it's a great venue to watch bands despite all the negative posts you may have seen.
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

Milton Keynes would be the biggest in Europe they have played as their own show, but I'm doubting if it will sell out, still, having said that..there will be a huge crowd watching the last night of the tour so it's gonna be a blast whatever happens, just hoping our 10c tickets will be given wristbands too for the inner pit like it was when the Foos played there, it's a great venue to watch bands despite all the negative posts you may have seen.
    no way to sell this venue..
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    edited December 2013

maybe, maybe not, depends on what bands they bring with them. once thats announced, might sell more tickets to the nearly belivers
    Post edited by titchinello on
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191

maybe, maybe not, depends on what band they bring with them. once thats announced, might sell more tickets to the nearly belivers

Even if don't sell out, even if it's 10 maybe 15 thousand down on capacity...it's still gonna be at least 40 or 50,000 PJ fans having one almighty piss up on the last night of the tour....personally I can't fookin wait :P
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    I think it's sure gonna feel that way!

- 3rd show of the leg
    - Practically SOLD OUT already!
    - Golden Circle FTW
    - San SIRO!!!!!!!!
    - ITALY!!!!
    - NOT TO MENTION ALL OF US!!!!
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    NO
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    How do we know the Milan show is almost sold out?

Also I'm confused..is the Milton venue bigger than the Milan venue?
    Is Milan the biggest non-field venue them maybe?
    Either way sounds awesome!
    broloco wrote:
    How do we know the Milan show is almost sold out?

Also I'm confused..is the Milton venue bigger than the Milan venue?
    Is Milan the biggest non-field venue them maybe?
    Either way sounds awesome!
    there are a few hundrend tix lext at the last up 3rd level..we are talking for a venue 55-65k tix
    and less than 24 hours of presale only those left
    milton may is bigger,but here at san siro we are talking for one of 3 most historical stadium of europe,along with wembley and Santiago Bernabéu at Madrid..

maybe, maybe not, depends on what bands they bring with them. once thats announced, might sell more tickets to the nearly belivers
    exactly this.san siro is almost sold out in one day with no other bands,with minimum setup for 55k tickets
    its just wow,if u think it
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828

I really like Milton Keynes too, was at both Foo shows there...those sold out almost instantly, but the demand was much bigger, first UK shows in 3 years, they are HUGE there, and other bands that lots of people like. However, the atmosphere there was absolutely amazing, I love those gigs.
    I think they overestimated their popularity with those stadiums...Stockholm is another 65,000 people venue, and not even GA is sold out, same for Oslo. San siro works cause apparently it's this mythical place for football fans :lol: but the rest were not wise decisions, especially in markets they just played in last tour. Also, Foo tickets for Milton Keynes were like 60€, while PJ are more like 90.
    Kathi wrote:

I really like Milton Keynes too, was at both Foo shows there...those sold out almost instantly, but the demand was much bigger, first UK shows in 3 years, they are HUGE there, and other bands that lots of people like. However, the atmosphere there was absolutely amazing, I love those gigs.
    I think they overestimated their popularity with those stadiums...Stockholm is another 65,000 people venue, and not even GA is sold out, same for Oslo. San siro works cause apparently it's this mythical place for football fans :lol: but the rest were not wise decisions, especially in markets they just played in last tour. Also, Foo tickets for Milton Keynes were like 60€, while PJ are more like 90.
    dont compare scandinavia with south europe.
    those is the north come ro greece in the summer for sun and sex.. :lol::lol::lol: