*** Worcester 2 Fanviews Here 10/16/13 ***

Comments

• oday25oday25 Posts: 13
    KV286578 wrote:
    My 13 year old daughter (Liv) has been bugging me to see PJ for years. My wife and I were at the ‘94 Rochester show together and PJ has been a huge part of our lives. We now have four kids together and they have grown up seeing mom and dad run off on occasion to different shows, most recently Chicago to see the band at Wrigley. The love for Pearl Jam has been constant and has been passed along. Of all my kids, their music resonates most with my 13 year old.

Enter Worcester 2 GA! I got in line around 1:00 to be joined by my wife and daughter when she had finished school. I was hoping to get close enough for her to see but the line started at 5:30 AM so we were back a bit in line (#79 or so). We got in and did the required “walk” run to the center of the stage, her choice so we could see everyone. We ended up three back and were in with an amazing group of people. She got to talk to all kinds of great people up front and even gambled a bit on what time the lights would go down (8:23) and the show would start. During the two hours while we waited my daughter struck up a conversation with the guy standing right in front of her on the rail. They hit it off, she is a true fan after all, and the rest of the story will have a dramatic impact on the rest of her life.

I won’t name the guy in front, I will send him a proper thank you later and he can share if he wants, but he was like an angel for my family last night. He asked us if it was okay if he let her up front and then let Liv stand with him for the entire show! My girl, little Liv, was front row dead center to see the best band of all time! In true PJ fashion, the band noticed this blond head banging around and jumping up and down with a big metal smile and were over the top generous. Quick summary of events:

1.After seven or eight songs, Mike McCready gave her a pick he was playing with, sending her into tears.
    2.Later, in the final encore, Ed played harmonica for Smile. This is one of Liv’s favorites because I used to play it for her when I would travel. He was a bit frustrated with harmonica and threw it to the ground. Later, it’s a bit of a blur now, when he came down to the crowd, he came right up to Liv, gave her the harmonica and told her “good job” with a wink! Are you kidding me! I am getting chills again just writing this! Unbelievable! More tears for Liv, mom and dad.
    3.Later, when Ed was passing around tambourines (one he smashed on his head) he was looking into the crowd and threw one to my daughter’s new best friend for being such a standup guy. Instead of keeping it, this most generous and amazing guy, who has been to 100+ (I remember the number) show, turned and gave the tambourine to my wife! My God, could this get any better.
    4.I don’t remember when or how Ed ended up in front hi-fiving the crowd, I do know my daughter claims she was holding him up! What?!
    5.Finishing with Smile, Once, Alive, Baba O and Ledbetter is my little girls dream scenario. She rocked as hard as anyone in the place and another member of the band must have taken notice. After they closed and were saying goodbye, Matt Cameron walked right up to Liv and gave her his drum sticks. I almost fell over.

I’m sure I am overstating this, as it just happened last night and I am trying to make sense of it all, but that was the most epic night for me ever. To see my oldest have that kind of experience and to be cared for by this band and community, something I have valued for over 20 years! To have it live up to, and massively surpass, my wildest dreams for her first show. Sitting at work and useless, wondering if it all really happened that way.

Huge thank you to her angle in the front row! So generous with your space and time. My wife and I are forever grateful and in awe of you.

Huge thanks to the fans nearby, so kind and excited with her.

Huge thanks to PJ for making it a night that my daughter will never, ever forget.

A couple of questions:

Is my daughter set for life or wrecked for life – nothing like this will ever happen again, but imagine what a great time she can have chasing this musical experience!

How do you send thanks from a 13 year old to Pearl Jam? We want her to love music, but manners are important as well.

I’m not great at the forum. Is this posted in the right thread or should it be on its own?

Is there any greater “Dad” band?

Awesome story! I too witnessed the tambourine pass...and also saw your daughter up on the big screen at least twice during the show. And as a father of a 4 year who begs me for Sirens every morning when she wakes I can only hope that she gets to experience a PJ show with her dad some day!

Have a great time in Hartford, Keith ;)
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    E-G-A-G wrote:
    KV286578 wrote:
    My 13 year old daughter (Liv) has been bugging me to see PJ for years. My wife and I were at the ‘94 Rochester show together and PJ has been a huge part of our lives. We now have four kids together and they have grown up seeing mom and dad run off on occasion to different shows, most recently Chicago to see the band at Wrigley. The love for Pearl Jam has been constant and has been passed along. Of all my kids, their music resonates most with my 13 year old.

Enter Worcester 2 GA! I got in line around 1:00 to be joined by my wife and daughter when she had finished school. I was hoping to get close enough for her to see but the line started at 5:30 AM so we were back a bit in line (#79 or so). We got in and did the required “walk” run to the center of the stage, her choice so we could see everyone. We ended up three back and were in with an amazing group of people. She got to talk to all kinds of great people up front and even gambled a bit on what time the lights would go down (8:23) and the show would start. During the two hours while we waited my daughter struck up a conversation with the guy standing right in front of her on the rail. They hit it off, she is a true fan after all, and the rest of the story will have a dramatic impact on the rest of her life.

I won’t name the guy in front, I will send him a proper thank you later and he can share if he wants, but he was like an angel for my family last night. He asked us if it was okay if he let her up front and then let Liv stand with him for the entire show! My girl, little Liv, was front row dead center to see the best band of all time! In true PJ fashion, the band noticed this blond head banging around and jumping up and down with a big metal smile and were over the top generous. Quick summary of events:

1.After seven or eight songs, Mike McCready gave her a pick he was playing with, sending her into tears.
    2.Later, in the final encore, Ed played harmonica for Smile. This is one of Liv’s favorites because I used to play it for her when I would travel. He was a bit frustrated with harmonica and threw it to the ground. Later, it’s a bit of a blur now, when he came down to the crowd, he came right up to Liv, gave her the harmonica and told her “good job” with a wink! Are you kidding me! I am getting chills again just writing this! Unbelievable! More tears for Liv, mom and dad.
    3.Later, when Ed was passing around tambourines (one he smashed on his head) he was looking into the crowd and threw one to my daughter’s new best friend for being such a standup guy. Instead of keeping it, this most generous and amazing guy, who has been to 100+ (I remember the number) show, turned and gave the tambourine to my wife! My God, could this get any better.
    4.I don’t remember when or how Ed ended up in front hi-fiving the crowd, I do know my daughter claims she was holding him up! What?!
    5.Finishing with Smile, Once, Alive, Baba O and Ledbetter is my little girls dream scenario. She rocked as hard as anyone in the place and another member of the band must have taken notice. After they closed and were saying goodbye, Matt Cameron walked right up to Liv and gave her his drum sticks. I almost fell over.

I’m sure I am overstating this, as it just happened last night and I am trying to make sense of it all, but that was the most epic night for me ever. To see my oldest have that kind of experience and to be cared for by this band and community, something I have valued for over 20 years! To have it live up to, and massively surpass, my wildest dreams for her first show. Sitting at work and useless, wondering if it all really happened that way.

Huge thank you to her angle in the front row! So generous with your space and time. My wife and I are forever grateful and in awe of you.

Huge thanks to PJ for making it a night that my daughter will never, ever forget.

A couple of questions:

Is my daughter set for life or wrecked for life – nothing like this will ever happen again, but imagine what a great time she can have chasing this musical experience!

How do you send thanks from a 13 year old to Pearl Jam? We want her to love music, but manners are important as well.

I’m not great at the forum. Is this posted in the right thread or should it be on its own?

Kirk - it was my pleasure, really.

I have had people hand me front row tickets, rides to the next show, a place on their floor, chicken noodle soup when i was completely sick before the seattle 00 shows and so many other kindnesses while touring with pearl jam, that it is kind of my duty at this point to make sure that those things are still going on at their shows. the community is what we make it.

as for the show last night, meeting your daughter was unforgettable. i am at the point where i definitely like seeing people welcomed into the world of live PJ for the first time as the reaction is always unique somehow. However Liv's reaction and her personality/energy made the night one i'll carry with me forever.

ultimately the memorabilia that you take from the show which is most important becomes mental/emotional and the physical items are just reminders. any museum has to have some artifacts, Liv just happened to find some on her first 'dig' so to speak.

she knew most of her stuff really well. a couple times i leaned down so our heads were at the same level so we could both sing along together. she was rocking it. her reaction to everything was cool.

she asked me: "how many guitars does Mikey have????" - when he switched to his electric guitar from his twelve string acoustic during sirens... i laughed and just said a lot. every now and then i'd point to make sure she checked out who was soloing on guitar...

she also called ledbetter... and yeah all of us in front were holding up Ed during alive. well actually, i wasn't. i had formed a locked-tight barrier so nobody could crush Liv. she never knew there was a push at all i think,,

it may be closer than you think as to who had more fun between your daughter and i... that show was really awesome for me. wouldn't have done anything differently.

looking forward to emailing wtih Liv - i'd love to kick talk pj with her and make sure she listens to lots of old jack irons era shows. a growing child needs that kind of nourishment.

anyway - Kirk - you are very welcome. the reaction of each member of your family was priceless and being able to help facilitate that occurrence really is thanks enough in itself.

see you on the road,
    rich

And now I see you on the board Rich! It's 3 months over due but thanks for letting me sleep on your couch (with my own private bathroom) in Wisconsin after an epic weekend in Chicago!

Reading this post put me in tears, good tears! Amazing, you are (and apparently, I have become Yoda).

I hope I get to see you on the west coast next month!

And the smiles you generate for one of my best friends on this earth, make me smile :)
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    PJPixie wrote:
    And now I see you on the board Rich! It's 3 months over due but thanks for letting me sleep on your couch (with my own private bathroom) in Wisconsin after an epic weekend in Chicago!

No prob girl! July was a great month for all.

PJPixie wrote:
    And the smiles you generate for one of my best friends on this earth, make me smile :)

That is my distinct honor, on both counts.

Not sure how much west coast i can do... as of now looks like just seattle.
  • E-G-A-G wrote:
    KV286578 wrote:

A couple of questions:

Kirk - it was my pleasure, really.

I have had people hand me front row tickets, rides to the next show, a place on their floor, chicken noodle soup when i was completely sick before the seattle 00 shows and so many other kindnesses while touring with pearl jam, that it is kind of my duty at this point to make sure that those things are still going on at their shows. the community is what we make it.

as for the show last night, meeting your daughter was unforgettable. i am at the point where i definitely like seeing people welcomed into the world of live PJ for the first time as the reaction is always unique somehow. However Liv's reaction and her personality/energy made the night one i'll carry with me forever.

ultimately the memorabilia that you take from the show which is most important becomes mental/emotional and the physical items are just reminders. any museum has to have some artifacts, Liv just happened to find some on her first 'dig' so to speak.

she knew most of her stuff really well. a couple times i leaned down so our heads were at the same level so we could both sing along together. she was rocking it. her reaction to everything was cool.

she asked me: "how many guitars does Mikey have????" - when he switched to his electric guitar from his twelve string acoustic during sirens... i laughed and just said a lot. every now and then i'd point to make sure she checked out who was soloing on guitar...

she also called ledbetter... and yeah all of us in front were holding up Ed during alive. well actually, i wasn't. i had formed a locked-tight barrier so nobody could crush Liv. she never knew there was a push at all i think,,

it may be closer than you think as to who had more fun between your daughter and i... that show was really awesome for me. wouldn't have done anything differently.

looking forward to emailing wtih Liv - i'd love to kick talk pj with her and make sure she listens to lots of old jack irons era shows. a growing child needs that kind of nourishment.

anyway - Kirk - you are very welcome. the reaction of each member of your family was priceless and being able to help facilitate that occurrence really is thanks enough in itself.

see you on the road,
    rich
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Kirk - so happy for you and your family. My wife and I are a young family with no kids yet, but we share a deep love for music (esp PJ!), and your story is an inspiration to us.

Rich - you are such a wonderful human being, I have no words to describe the utterly amazing things you did for Kirk and his family. God bless you, and my wife and I would love to make your acquaintance some day.

Truly there is no band in the world that has as much love as PJ and it's fans.
    And no one's gonna slow my gentle groove.. - https://twitter.com/Mr_Faded_Glory
  • Been meaning to ask, I saw two young ladies being carried away from in front of Jeff, approximately.. hope they were okay.
    SM168759 wrote:
    Been meaning to ask, I saw two young ladies being carried away from in front of Jeff, approximately.. hope they were okay.

the one seemed to be dehydrated. the other was her friend. i am sure the girl was fine, just feeling faint. they came out right next to us.
  • What time have they been going on, since there is no opener?
    Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    DCU Center
    Worcester, MA
    Show Two
    Oct. 16, 2013
    Set List

01. Pendulum (from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
    02. Low Light
    03. Given To Fly
    04. Do The Evolution
    05. Mind Your Manners (from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
    (Ed-”Long time no see. It has been like, twenty hours since we saw some of you. We went pretty hard last night so I might be a little short on voice tonight so I will take all the help I can get. This next song is a letter from a son to his father thanking him for all the genetic mutants gifts his father gave him. It’s called ‘Father Son’)
    06. My Father’s Son-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
    (“This next song is written by our friend and the best drummer ever, Matt Cameron. Oh, I forgot his middle name, Matt ‘Fucking’ Cameron. We don’t play this song that much. It is called “Cropduster”)
    07. Cropduster
    08. Wishlist
    09. Sirens-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
    (“We touched on it last night but I wanted to say again tonight that we were in Seattle mixing the record when the bombing happened. We watched how the city pulled together and we were pulling with you. It felt to us like it had happened to our friends.”)
    10. I Am Mine
    11. Lukin
    12. Not For You
    13. Down
    14. State Of Love And Trust
    15. Lightning Bolt-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
    16. Porch

Encore Break 1

(Ed talks about the bands early days playing at Axis. He also talks about sneaking into Fenway and getting chased around by a couple of security guys. As he winds through hallways he ends up right behind home plate and snapped a couple of Polaroids. “And now 20 plus some years later we are in the front row watching David Ortiz put on a baseball miracle. This next song is a request by one of you local compatriots.”)
    17. Other Side
    (Ed tells the crowd that they are not missing anything concerning the Red Sox game. “You will get them next game and when they get back home.” “This next song is for the newlywed couple in the corner. In this part of the world you folks were first in a number of things. Anesthesia, I know a lot about anesthesia. Valentine’s day, (?you were the first to mass produce valentines day cards?) oh and contraception. See all these things are connected.”)
    18. Future Days
    19. Gone
    20. Black
    21. Jeremy
    (while the band figures out what is next and gets ready to play it Mike plays “Little Wing-(Hendrix) and “Angie”-(Jagger/Richards).
    22. Daughter (no tag)
    23. Even Flow
    24. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2
    (Ed introduces the audience to a man who has been at all of the arena shows in Boston that the band has played. Ed says he always looks forward to seeing him and thought he might miss him by being in Worcester. But the gentleman was in the back when Ed showed up and he couldn’t have been happier. “No one knows how long he has been working because no one has worked longer. Ladies and gentlemen I would like you to meet Dick Dauphinee. He needs to come up here because he belongs up here.” Mr. Dauphinee gets on the stage to much applause.)

25. Smile
    26. Once
    27. Alive
    28. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
    29. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    61 total songs between the two nights

54 unique songs, 7 repeats (Even Flow, Alive, DTE, Porch and - from Lightning Bolt - MYM, Sirens and Lightning Bolt. You get Even Flow and Alive at just about every show. MYM and Sirens are their two current singles. Based on this I don't agree with the criticism that their were to many repeats between the two nights. They were companion shows that fit together perfectly.

And you had to be there to fully understand the energy during that second encore. Daughter for sure did not kill my buzz.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJVedder9 wrote:
    What time have they been going on, since there is no opener?
    It was 8:25ish for both Woo shows.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    JimmyV wrote:

54 unique songs, 7 repeats (Even Flow, Alive, DTE, Porch and - from Lightning Bolt - MYM, Sirens and Lightning Bolt. You get Even Flow and Alive at just about every show. MYM and Sirens are their two current singles. Based on this I don't agree with the criticism that their were to many repeats between the two nights. They were companion shows that fit together perfectly.

And you had to be there to fully understand the energy during that second encore. Daughter for sure did not kill my buzz.

To each his own, but I got psyched when I heard McCready jamming on Hendrix..... Having heard daughter at most, if not all of the ten shows I've been to, yeah..... I was definitely disappointed when they started into daughter.

Furthermore, my whole buzzkill was also in reference to the band's energy at this point in the show; I thought it was low.

Just my 2 cents, can't wait for Brookkyn 2 tomorrow night.
    JimmyV wrote:

To each his own, but I got psyched when I heard McCready jamming on Hendrix..... Having heard daughter at most, if not all of the ten shows I've been to, yeah..... I was definitely disappointed when they started into daughter.

Furthermore, my whole buzzkill was also in reference to the band's energy at this point in the show; I thought it was low.

The buzz kill comment was an in general one, sorry if it came across as directed towards you in particular. I had the benefit of being with a first-timer on Wednesday night and her energy swarmed throughout that second encore. Daughter was a first for here and coming when it did - in the middle of that run of classics - lit her up.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    JimmyV wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

The buzz kill comment was an in general one, sorry if it came across as directed towards you in particular. I had the benefit of being with a first-timer on Wednesday night and her energy swarmed throughout that second encore. Daughter was a first for here and coming when it did - in the middle of that run of classics - lit her up.

No apology necessary buddy, I'm glad it was a great show for the first timer! It was a great show for me too, there's a reason we keep coming back!
  • Varzinczak wrote:
    Varzinczak wrote:
    Nice set. Almost mamasan was played. I couldn't believe when I listened it in Curitiba (Brazil) 2011.
    My friend was in the crowd and sent me a text by 2 am here in Brazil to tell me that Eddie cheered with him and his fiance sharing some wine. (They decided to spent their honeymoon watching 5 PJ shows in USA) : :D

Here a pic of some wine (I cannot upload the image because it's too large). http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9kXhjn9qHVA/U ... 000131.jpg

I was right next to your friends and got some wine as well. Nice couple and I great way to spend your honeymoon! If anyone happens to have a picture of Ed giving out wine in the corner, I would love a copy...

He is trying to get a pic. If he does, I will send to you. ;)

Thanks, that would be awesome!!!
  • I also witnessed some random acts of kindness that make me appreciate this band and its fans even more. At night one before the show, some guy was trying to unload a single out front. Some other guy was hanging out, just watching the people, taking it all in and seemed by himself. The guy trying to sell the ticket says, "hey, you want to buy my spare for $20.00?" The guy responds that he's broke, doesn't have any money. The guy selling says, "here you go, have it, check out the show, they're really awesome, you'll like it" or words to that effect. The guy who he gave the ticket to was in stunned disbelief. He looked at the guy, looked at the ticket in his hand, looked at the guy, said thank you and then slowly got up with the ticket out in front of him like he couldn't believe it, that someone just "gave" him a ticket. He walked toward the entrance with a slow gaite like he was still stunned but inside he went, smiling all the way!

To the guy who gave away the ticket, awesome! It was awesome to witness and I appreciate your generosity. If you see this, identify yourself and I'll buy you beers at the next show we happen to be at.

On night two, the guy who jumped up on stage, which I'm not endorsing, was out front with his girlfriend, I believe, and they had hitchhiked from California or the West Coast, so I was told. Well, they didn't have tickets to the show and were holding a sign, engaging people in conversation and I think, looking for tickets (I didn't read their sign nor speak with them because I was preoccupied with finding a friend). Anyway, I walk by them, ignoring them as I was looking for my friend, find him in the next 10 minutes or so, make my way back and someone had just given them a pair of tickets for free, I think. Anyway, they were both so grateful, full of smiles and just astounded.

So if this is accurate, good on the person or persons who hooked them up with tickets and good on the young couple for being "free", hitchhiking your way across the USA and to the dude, having the balls to jump up on stage. Again, not that I endorse that type of behavior but you guys will have stories to tell. Keep the faith and when you can, pay it forward.

Awesome band, awesome fans.

Peace.
    Rebekah wrote:
    Kirk...what an amazing story! You, your daughter and your wife will have such amazing, lifelong memories!

Rich, you are a beautiful human being and deserve accolades. I also watched from afar as you passed the tambourine on and thought, I wonder what the story is there. I'm so happy to hear it was so positive.

Love love love it, and you all. Your gratitude, generosity and grace give me hope and warm fuzzy feelings! :D

I was on the floor for first night in Worcester, right about where Kirk and Liz were, and had the experience of a lifetime. No momentos from the evening, but beautiful lifelong memories none the less. I also think the first night set list was better than second. I was a bit disappointed in the amount of repeats and the heavy Ten songs, but it was also a happy surprise to hear Down and even GTF, didn't really expect that. Pendulum as the opener was a nice treat as we're eds boston stories. I love this band and am forever grateful for each memory they have given me over the years, and ll continue to give in years to come..
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    I also witnessed some random acts of kindness that make me appreciate this band and its fans even more. At night one before the show, some guy was trying to unload a single out front. Some other guy was hanging out, just watching the people, taking it all in and seemed by himself. The guy trying to sell the ticket says, "hey, you want to buy my spare for $20.00?" The guy responds that he's broke, doesn't have any money. The guy selling says, "here you go, have it, check out the show, they're really awesome, you'll like it" or words to that effect. The guy who he gave the ticket to was in stunned disbelief. He looked at the guy, looked at the ticket in his hand, looked at the guy, said thank you and then slowly got up with the ticket out in front of him like he couldn't believe it, that someone just "gave" him a ticket. He walked toward the entrance with a slow gaite like he was still stunned but inside he went, smiling all the way!

To the guy who gave away the ticket, awesome! It was awesome to witness and I appreciate your generosity. If you see this, identify yourself and I'll buy you beers at the next show we happen to be at.

On night two, the guy who jumped up on stage, which I'm not endorsing, was out front with his girlfriend, I believe, and they had hitchhiked from California or the West Coast, so I was told. Well, they didn't have tickets to the show and were holding a sign, engaging people in conversation and I think, looking for tickets (I didn't read their sign nor speak with them because I was preoccupied with finding a friend). Anyway, I walk by them, ignoring them as I was looking for my friend, find him in the next 10 minutes or so, make my way back and someone had just given them a pair of tickets for free, I think. Anyway, they were both so grateful, full of smiles and just astounded.

So if this is accurate, good on the person or persons who hooked them up with tickets and good on the young couple for being "free", hitchhiking your way across the USA and to the dude, having the balls to jump up on stage. Again, not that I endorse that type of behavior but you guys will have stories to tell. Keep the faith and when you can, pay it forward.

Awesome band, awesome fans.

Peace.
    Rebekah wrote:
    Kirk...what an amazing story! You, your daughter and your wife will have such amazing, lifelong memories!

Rich, you are a beautiful human being and deserve accolades. I also watched from afar as you passed the tambourine on and thought, I wonder what the story is there. I'm so happy to hear it was so positive.

Love love love it, and you all. Your gratitude, generosity and grace give me hope and warm fuzzy feelings! :D

I was on the floor for first night in Worcester, right about where Kirk and Liz were, and had the experience of a lifetime. No momentos from the evening, but beautiful lifelong memories none the less. I also think the first night set list was better than second. I was a bit disappointed in the amount of repeats and the heavy Ten songs, but it was also a happy surprise to hear Down and even GTF, didn't really expect that. Pendulum as the opener was a nice treat as we're eds boston stories. I love this band and am forever grateful for each memory they have given me over the years, and ll continue to give in years to come..

yeah, total warm fuzzies! Loving all of this!

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    I was a few feet away from the rail on Mike's side for this show, and I'm just gonna copy and paste my Facebook status from that 11:20pm night:

Unreal. In all seriousness, that was the best show I've ever experienced. Maybe it was because of where I was standing, but I've never had such a good time at a show although Down made me tear up... WTF. Amazing. I didn't think anything would top the '98 show I saw but it happened... for real.
    kenny olav wrote:
    I was a few feet away from the rail on Mike's side for this show, and I'm just gonna copy and paste my Facebook status from that 11:20pm night:

Unreal. In all seriousness, that was the best show I've ever experienced. Maybe it was because of where I was standing, but I've never had such a good time at a show although Down made me tear up... WTF. Amazing. I didn't think anything would top the '98 show I saw but it happened... for real.

***waves hello*** ^^^ at that tall dude ^^^

• This set was amazing. I was fortunate enough to have great area in GA near stage. there were a few attendees that I couldn't tell if they were I to the show because they were in the middle of the GA and like statues for first 5 songs. I feel if your in that area you most likely are invested enough to get tickets and be part ten club so at least enjoy the concert. If you just want stand still go off to the sides. Loved the show it is right up there with my all time favorite set Mansfield 7/11/2003.
  • Guy who jumped up on stage was named John. He was from California. He is a glass blower. We had a spare ticket, we offered it to him for $20. He didnt have cash. He offered us a camping grill. (Yeah I'll cook up some burgers while hanging in the pit??!!!) He then offered and traded with a baseball cap with an cool pin on it and a small piece of art once he returns to his glass studio in a couple of weeks. We intend to send him back his hat and a little care package from the shows. He really didnt mean any harm. No one was tackled. The security guards were very polite to him. He said it was 100% totally worth the risk. I was a little surprised that he did that, and Ed seemed surprised too. I wouldn't had done it that way. But thats just me.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • momofglynn wrote:
    Guy who jumped up on stage was named John. He was from California. He is a glass blower. We had a spare ticket, we offered it to him for $20. He didnt have cash. He offered us a camping grill. (Yeah I'll cook up some burgers while hanging in the pit??!!!) He then offered and traded with a baseball cap with an cool pin on it and a small piece of art once he returns to his glass studio in a couple of weeks. We intend to send him back his hat and a little care package from the shows. He really didnt mean any harm. No one was tackled. The security guards were very polite to him. He said it was 100% totally worth the risk. I was a little surprised that he did that, and Ed seemed surprised too. I wouldn't had done it that way. But thats just me.

I owe you some beers. Are you going to Hartford?

Peace.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Ed dedicated Future Days to me and my wife! Anybody has a photo or video of him giving wine to us during porch? I was in the corner.. stone's side

what an amazing night!!
  • Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    aside from the festival show its the concert with the least amount of songs played so far :( Only 29 for this one. still an amazing show just wish they wouldn't have cut out a couple of those songs they scratched
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    Tiz10 wrote:
    aside from the festival show its the concert with the least amount of songs played so far :( Only 29 for this one. still an amazing show just wish they wouldn't have cut out a couple of those songs they scratched

Cutting out Footsteps was the killer to me. But we did get Other Side, so...

:D

• JimmyV wrote:
    Tiz10 wrote:

Cutting out Footsteps was the killer to me. But we did get Other Side, so...

:D
    Yes!
    For anybody following the story about LIv, the 13 year old girl on the rail, you can witness Ed giving her his harmonica on this youtube video. At about 3:20...

http://youtu.be/yjFuofg6CXU
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Tiz10 wrote:

You know what's awesome? A tour in which 29 songs was the least amount played at a show.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    BinFrog wrote:
    Tiz10 wrote:

You know what's awesome? A tour in which 29 songs was the least amount played at a show.

You are absolutely right but, Still cant help but feel like we missed out on a handfull of songs....As I said earlier in the post it was an amazing performance and I traveled over 1,500 miles to go to both shows, but having followed the setlists for all the shows so far and seen the rare songs like fatal and otherside that they have heard and still got 32-35 songs. Not a complaint by any means, just meaningless "stats" ive noticed.
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)