Options

***ISO of 1 ticket to Seattle - Anniversary Show***

comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
edited November 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
The short version:
ISO of 1 ticket to Seattle. Open to options. My husband (also a 10c member) was able to maneuver work and school to make it to the show, so now he's in need!

The long version:
My husband and I met through this forum in 2006. We started chatting, talking on the phone and eventually in early 2007 we met in person. We flew back and forth over the next 2 years as our relationship grew. The seattle show will be the 5th anniversary of him moving from Australia to NJ (Dec 6, 2008). We got married in 2009 and are both huge PJ fans. How could we not be? He was able to make last minute adjustments to his school and work schedule to make it to the show and we would love to both be in the venue as a sort of celebration. We then plan to spend the weekend exploring the city :) He's coming to Seattle whether or not he finds a ticket, but would be awesome to enjoy the same show even if we don't sit together.

"What a different life had I not found this love with you" :D

Thank you for considering!
tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    :D

• Options
    BEST people - help em out folks!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Thank you! :D Can't believe he's been here 5 years :shock: Still has the accent though :D

• Options
    The short version:
    ISO of 1 ticket to Seattle. Open to options. My husband (also a 10c member) was able to maneuver work and school to make it to the show, so now he's in need!

The long version:
    My husband and I met through this forum in 2006. We started chatting, talking on the phone and eventually in early 2007 we met in person. We flew back and forth over the next 2 years as our relationship grew. The seattle show will be the 5th anniversary of him moving from Australia to NJ (Dec 6, 2008). We got married in 2009 and are both huge PJ fans. How could we not be? He was able to make last minute adjustments to his school and work schedule to make it to the show and we would love to both be in the venue as a sort of celebration. We then plan to spend the weekend exploring the city :) He's coming to Seattle whether or not he finds a ticket, but would be awesome to enjoy the same show even if we don't sit together.

Very cool story. Good luck with your search.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    Think I can help you....PM sent :D
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

Wohoo!!!
  • Options
    Awesome! I just responded. Thank you! Thank you! Really thanks so much :D

• Options

Wohoo!!!
    :D:D

• Options
    You just made our whole year! Thank you so much :D It means so much for us to both see Pearl Jam on this anniversary. The back and forth for 2 years was hard, but worth it and this forum really helped us stay connected during that time.

When Tim (Zoso) first came here in December 2008 it was just going to be for an extended visit, then we were able to change his status through immigration so he could stay. I found my post in the "What Made Your Day" thread when we realized he was able to stay :lol:

(at the bottom of the page)
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=91839&hilit=what+made+our+day#wrap

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    this forum really helped us stay connected during that time.

boy did it ever! ;) :P :lol::lol:
  • Options
    You're totally welcome. There's no way the hometown fans were going to let you and Tim be shut out after meeting through the band and coming together from different sides of the world. Happy Anniversary you crazy kids - from Seattle with love!! :D

It's going to be a legendary tour-ending show - I just know it!!
  • Options
    norm wrote:

I know it was nauseating at times :oops: :lol: But it worked :D 5 years flew :shock:

• Options
    You're totally welcome. There's no way the hometown fans were going to let you and Tim be shut out after meeting through the band and coming together from different sides of the world. Happy Anniversary you crazy kids - from Seattle with love!! :D

This is just so awesome and so sweet of you. I can't believe this is happening :D It is going to be legendary! I can't wait!!!

• Options
    Thank you! :D Can't believe he's been here 5 years :shock: Still has the accent though :D

you'd send him back if he lost it. ;)

so, so HAPPY things worked out for you two for seattle! awesome!!!
    *hugs*
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    You just made our whole year! Thank you so much :D It means so much for us to both see Pearl Jam on this anniversary. The back and forth for 2 years was hard, but worth it and this forum really helped us stay connected during that time.

When Tim (Zoso) first came here in December 2008 it was just going to be for an extended visit, then we were able to change his status through immigration so he could stay. I found my post in the "What Made Your Day" thread when we realized he was able to stay :lol:

Awww, love this! :mrgreen: Time flies when you're having fun! I cannot believe I've been here over a year now :o

That was awesome of you to do :thumbup:

Hey, me and my husband also met through the forum and I moved over to the States from Germany last year. Let me know if there is any other hometown fans who might want to trade two tickets in section 219 for 2 GA ;):) There is a wedding party in the pit that we would love to join :mrgreen:

Sorry for the hijack :shifty:
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

Awww, love this! :mrgreen: Time flies when you're having fun! I cannot believe I've been here over a year now :o

Hey, me and my husband also met through the forum and I moved over to the States from Germany last year. Let me know if there is any other hometown fans who might want to trade two tickets in section 219 for 2 GA ;):) There is a wedding party in the pit that we would love to join :mrgreen:

:clap::clap::clap: Yay!! A ticket for Tim!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

And yes...if anybody can help Leeze & Cav out...that would be awesome too! :mrgreen:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:

I know it was nauseating at times :oops: :lol: But it worked :D 5 years flew :shock:

nauseating? i wouldn't say it was...no, you're right...it was :P :lol::lol:
  • Options

Thanks. I wish I did have more tickets to pass out to all the people still looking to be hooked up. In fact, I''d love to be the Oprah of PJ ticket giveaways: "There's a plane to take all of us to ALL the shows. There's GA tickets for you and you and you!!" :lol:

P.S. All these multinational PJ romances, where's the (older) PJ fan guy for me?
  • Options

you'd send him back if he lost it. ;)

so, so HAPPY things worked out for you two for seattle! awesome!!!
    *hugs*
    Absolutely :lol: The accent is maybe his most charming quality :think: :lol:

Thank you! This forum is awesome :D
    *hugs right back at ya*

• Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    edited November 2013

Thanks. I wish I did have more tickets to pass out to all the people still looking to be hooked up. In fact, I''d love to be the Oprah of PJ ticket giveaways: "There's a plane to take all of us to ALL the shows. There's GA tickets for you and you and you!!" :lol:

P.S. All these multinational PJ romances, where's the (older) PJ fan guy for me?
    Wow Lisa I can't believe it's been a year already too! Time really does fly. Hope you guys make it down to GA for the wedding party. I'm just gonna keep an eye out for Ashlee's veil :D

:lol: The Oprah of PJ tickets - I love it. And then we can all jump on our chairs and confess our love for you like Tom Cruise :lol:
    Post edited by comebackgirl on

• Options
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

nauseating? i wouldn't say it was...no, you're right...it was :P :lol::lol:
    :lol: Too bad the original "What Made Your Day" thread got lost with the transition over from the old board along with all of those posts. I lost all of our old PMs too which were our modern day love letters :( But don't worry Norm, I'm pretty sure I can get Tim to start posting on the new thread again just for old time's sake ;):lol:

• Options

Wow Lisa I can't believe it's been a year already too! Time really does fly. Hope you guys make it down to GA for the wedding party. I'm just gonna keep an eye out for Ashlee's viel :D

:lol: The Oprah of PJ tickets - I love it. And then we can all jump on our chairs and confess our love for you like Tom Cruise :lol:

:lol::lol:

Thanks nevertheless, SDHS :wave: The awesome PJ fans are out there, you just gotta find them! Good luck and see you in Seattle :D

I'm not giving up hope for two GA tix. If anybody hears something, let me know :)
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

You never know where you may meet your PJ soulmate...I had to fly to the middle of Montana...go to a KOA campground and have unlost dogs kidnap my guy :D We didn't have to fly across the ocean to see each other like cbg & Leeze, but we were 700 miles away from each other in the beginning....
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    I am also travelling from Australia for the Seattle show and have a spare ticket. I would gladly have given it to a fellow Aussie!!
    release
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    The short version:

The long version:

well we got a ticket (thanks again you know who). this time last week there was no way seattle would work but my wife is persistent (much more so than me). I had no idea it would have been 5 years come this december thats amazing to me and it's a pretty special landmark for all concerned.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08