i hear the sirens..."an incredible story" - Please Read

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
edited November 2013 in The Porch
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    A lot of us here understand the deep personal connection to this band, and their music, and the community it has created. I love it when people communicate that connection like Crissy has done here. John Lennon said: "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." For those of us who heard the siren song of Pearl Jam twenty years ago, life has indeed happened in that time, and this is the soundtrack. I am so lucky to have heard the music and felt it as I have.
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102

Left a huge lump in my throat. Hey Dimi, just a thought - because this woman's story and blog is worthy of being seen by many fans on here, could I recommend a slight change to the title? I think a lot of people will just skip the thread because it looks like just another typical "Sirens" thread - Maybe add "an incredible story" or "must read" or "READ THIS BLOG" to catch more viewers.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • "Do you think, O blue-eyed banditti,
    Because you have scaled the wall,
    Such an old mustache as I am
    Is not a match for you all?

I have you fast in my fortress
    And will not let you depart,
    But put you down in the dungeon
    In the round-tower of my heart.

And there will I keep you forever,
    Yes, forever and a day,
    Till the walls shall crumble to ruin,
    And moulder in dust away! "

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow from the poem The Childrens Hour

"good thing about music...when it hits you feel no pain" Robert Nesta Marley
    Mans heart away from nature becomes hard.
    Put Life into living
    Greenville 2016 #114 for me
    12-6-1991 first show State Palace Theater, New Orleans
    "I can see the light, coming thru the clouds in rays!!!!"
  • fdixonfdixon Posts: 11
    Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to read this blog and give encouragement (this is my sister and I posted the original link). I wasn't sure how many people would follow the link, but I am sure that uplifting messages that are sent her way are greatly appreciated.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    wow. very emotional stuff. good find dimi.
  • Sooo painful, amazing story. There're some angels on earth...
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • QuestionAuthorityQuestionAuthority Idaho Posts: 327
    Thank you so much for sharing that.. puts alot of things in perspective!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist ~ Sitting Bull
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited October 2013
    evsgjamm wrote:

Left a huge lump in my throat. Hey Dimi, just a thought - because this woman's story and blog is worthy of being seen by many fans on here, could I recommend a slight change to the title? I think a lot of people will just skip the thread because it looks like just another typical "Sirens" thread - Maybe add "an incredible story" or "must read" or "READ THIS BLOG" to catch more viewers.
    great idea,thanks
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Sooo painful, amazing story. There're some angels on earth...
    this is so true
    fdixon wrote:
    Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to read this blog and give encouragement (this is my sister and I posted the original link). I wasn't sure how many people would follow the link, but I am sure that uplifting messages that are sent her way are greatly appreciated.
    we thank you for this great lesson of life..give your sister all my love..thank you
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    fdixon wrote:

I'm sitting here in my car with my own thoughts and tears streaming down my face. Amazing the connections that music can make when we need it most. Much love to your sister and her beautiful little boy.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Holy crap this is incredible. Bump, bump, bump!
  • The older I get the sappier I get- probably a good thing! Tough to check out without getting a little blurry-eyed.

Beautiful kids.

I'll be hugging mine the moment I get today.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Really powerful stuff. Puts moaning about how far away your 10 Club seat is from the stage into context.

Everyone on here should see this
    Happy up here in my tree
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    that was pretty moving. beautiful page. here's wishing all the best for her and her family.

amazing the power music can have. how sometimes one song can just latch onto you at the right moment in time.
  • aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 769
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
    I really like her interpretation of the song as I never really looked at the sirens as being the bad guy? It makes total sense and gives a deeper darker meaning to the song which I won't forget. Best wishes to the family.
  • PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    I tried to post something on that blog page after reading it, but I couldn't. I am so overcome with emotion for that family. I am having trouble putting into words even as I type this. Life is so fragile....
  • lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Lovely, just a lovely tribute!

Thanks for sharing.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i think this story, told countless times, with different names and faces is what drew most of us who have gravitated to this song right from the get go ... what is also amazing is how this song plays live ...
  • Thank you for sharing this. I didn't even love the song until reading this. Really puts life in perspective.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    bump. just think this deserves more views.
    pjhawks wrote:
    bump. just think this deserves more views.
    If you haven't viewed this then what are you waiting for?
  • chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    polaris_x wrote:
    i think this story, told countless times, with different names and faces is what drew most of us who have gravitated to this song right from the get go ... what is also amazing is how this song plays live ...

This

It happens to hit me so close to home, I can't even show the blog to my wife (with ALS) because she would cry.

The lyrics are spot on, except the part about driving into "the arms of another man" kind of messes it up for me. The blogger cleverly treated that lyric as the "savior" but that doesn't "fit" for us.

No matter, it's a great song otherwise. I hope that the mom can find comfort in the outpouring she is receiving from this.

Charles
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • fdixonfdixon Posts: 11
    bumpity, bump.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    The power of a mothers love. And the connections made through a song. Amazing.