*** Brooklyn 1 Fanviews Here 10/18/13 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited January 2014 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam,
Barclays Center
Brooklyn, NY
Oct 18, 2013
Show One Set List

01. Pendulum-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
02. Release
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Lightning Bolt-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
05. Corduroy
06. Mind Your Manners-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(Ed-”listen to us, telling you to mind your manners, where are out manners? Good evening!” Ed thanks the audience for coming and “we should probably thank the people that built this place. We know one of them, Jay Z, so let’s thanks Jay Z. We got 99 problems but a place to play ain’t one.” He then introduces the next song)
07. Dissident
08. Why Go
09. Swallowed Whole-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
10. I Am Mine
(“We want to send that last song out to New Jersey. You have been through a lot in the last year with the floods and the fires. We were with you then and we are with you now. This next song is for Harper and Olivia. It’s called “Infallible”.)
11. Infallible-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
12. Given To Fly
(The band starts “Sirens” but Mike’s 12 string acoustic isn’t working so after a few chords the band stop playing. Ed says, “That last little song didn’t make the record but it came this close. It is going to be a b-side released in February on a record called ‘Pearl Jam’s Greatest Misses’. Ed looks over to Mike and asks, “Does it work? okay!”)
13. Sirens-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(There was some trouble with Ed’s 12 string acoustic during “Sirens” so before they go into the next song Ed says, “I need to find out what happened to that guitar. While we wait I just want to talk about Mike, he not only can play and wrote that last song but I heard him backstage playing a song that I would like to hear. He can also do this.”)
14. Eruption-(Van Halen)
15. Spin The Black Circle
(“This next song was written by someone everybody up here knew. I never met him but I think about him a lot, a lot, a lot. His name was Andrew Wood.”)
16. Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns-(Mother Love Bone, A. Wood)
17. Save You
18. Let The Records Play-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(“That song was about yesterday, this one is about the future.”)
19. Do The Evolution
20. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1
(Ed goes to introduce the band but Mike was a few seconds late, he was waving to people in the back, So Ed says, “Mike is up here yeah? Where is he? Is he over there? “Mike then comes around and Ed says “You’re freaking me out man, You’re freaking me out.” “Hey, I heard that you guys had glassy 3 foot waves recently? This is for all the East Coast surfers.”)
21. Oceans

22. Yellow Moon-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(Ed asks the audience if they are comfortable. He starts to describe what the next song is about, changes his mind and then changes it back again. “This song is about a man who, not only had to work 60 to 70 hours a week but he also had to wear a clip on tie...yeah, that should describe what this song means..”)
23. Sleight Of Hand
24. Just Breathe
25. Daughter/Blitzkrieg Bop-(Ramones)
26. Got Some
27. Porch
(During Porch the globe lights come down from the light truss. They all get pushed by the band so they start swinging. Ed whacks one with his mic stand. He then jumps on the globe and Matt’s tech hands him his microphone so he can sing while swinging. When they leave the stage there are pieces of globe and knocked over mic stands)

Encore Break 2
(Ed talks to the audience and tells a guy up front with a sign saying he has been to 100 shows that Ed owes the guy a drink. He has another wine bottle brought up.)
28. Wasted Reprise
29. Life Wasted
30. Alive
31. Sonic Reducer-(Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero)
32. Indifference

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• cjoreacjorea Posts: 69
    I'd also say unless Eddie invites his friends (from the bar, I think) to sing backup in "Let the Records Play" or the band is joined by a strings section for "Future Days" (and obviously "Lukin"), there is NO WAY tomorrow is going to "top" this...

This show... AWESOME.

As a side note, after I wrote the above, I realized that not only is there a chance tomorrow is going to "top" this...
    It will. GO!
  • Great show tonight. Had the most people in front of me for any PJ show I have been to but the rafters were rocking! More later
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    edited October 2013
    *double post
    Post edited by Mike's Side on
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    I'm at Jamaica still scratching my head at how great they still are.... I'm just at a lost for words

It was allllllll good

What a gift they keep giving

I have to wrap my head around it b4 tomorrow night

Oceans as an encore.... Are u fuckin kidding me :)

Much love
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    I'm at Jamaica still scratching my head at how great they still are.... I'm just at a lost for words

It was allllllll good

What a gift they keep giving

I have to wrap my head around it b4 tomorrow night

Oceans as an encore.... Are u fuckin kidding me :)

Much love
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Awesome!!!!!Thanks Sea

AND...15.CHLOE DANCER/CROWN OF THORNS....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • What an incredible night. Amazing crowd, energy was awesome and Oceans, Fucking Oceans. Only downside was all the technical issues the band kept having
  • HOLY SHIT!!
    OCEANS? CHLOE/CROWN?? SLEIGHT OF HAND??? Unbelievable. What a fantastic second PJ show for me. I was up at the very top but I had a blast. Oceans is a favorite of mine that I feared I would not hear, so when they started playing it I was in awe. Also, the new songs sound great!
    Thank you to everyone who makes this happen! :D
  • West15thWest15th Posts: 113
    What happened on Stone's side of the pit during Sirens?

Also, Ed seemed very pissed up something at the end of the first encore, or during the second encore (can't remember which). Any ideas?
  • What an amazing show... met some great people and had a great time.

Lee and Jenn from Chicago, it was great meeting you and waiting on the GA line with you. Lost you once we went in, I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Take care and thanks
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    Good show. No MSG crowd. 4th best of the tour this far:

Wor 1
    Pitt
    Wor 2
    Brook 1
    Buff

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• narnianarnia Posts: 635
    You know how into it the crowds in South America are at PJ concerts? Well Brooklyn topped them! We were singing along from start to finish and you could really feel the band feeding off the energy. Ed's voice was amazing, Mike's guitar left me speechless, Ed swinging singing Porch from the globe and and the guys running all over the stage the whole night. And what a great set list. The only way they can top this is by doing Vs. tomorrow!
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Can we please make Vault#4 out of that show!? I can't wait for the west coast shows, but damn I do love following the setlist throughout the night.
    Recording Artist Coalition 2002, Irvine 6/2/03, Irvine 6/3/03, San Diego 6/5/03, San Diego 7/7/06, LA 7/9/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/01/09, LA 10/6/09, LA 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 11/24/13, Seattle 12/6/13
  • narnianarnia Posts: 635
    Also wanted to mention I didn't have to wait in line to buy stuff outside. The Brooklyn poster is fugly but I bought it anyway. What is it supposed to be? They have 2 really nice tour shirts for ladies (yay!), and the PJ beanie is awesome, a must-have!
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    Utterly speechless. This is a band in their 23rd year of their prime. This band is a well-oiled machine that don't let that get in the way of their spontaneity, and they were having a BLAST! I was too, as any of the poor souls kind enough to endure my jumping and singing over by Mike's side, next to the stage. A special thanks to josevolution, the gem of a man with whom I shared this remarkable night. Oceans was the last song I needed from Ten. How glad I am to have seen it on this tour, when eddie's voice is as strong as ever!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    benjs wrote:
    Utterly speechless. This is a band in their 23rd year of their prime. This band is a well-oiled machine that don't let that get in the way of their spontaneity, and they were having a BLAST! I was too, as any of the poor souls kind enough to endure my jumping and singing over by Mike's side, next to the stage. A special thanks to josevolution, the gem of a man with whom I shared this remarkable night. Oceans was the last song I needed from Ten. How glad I am to have seen it on this tour, when eddie's voice is as strong as ever!

awesome buddy :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    Where do I start?! Well, this was my 18th show and I have never, EVER heard them sound this good in an indoor venue.
    The only thing that comes close was the 2006 in Verona, and they play fucking operas there!

Seriously, I have heard chords and layers I had never, ever heard. I was simply blown away. They could have played The Fixer on repeat and I would have been happy. But they didn't...

Pendulum sounds amazing. This is by far the show where Mike has been shining the most. The solos were otherworldly. I positively did not expect release after pendulum, so that was incredible.
    Corduroy, Given to Fly, Daughter... they may be staples, but they just always make me so happy...
    All the new songs were a joy to hear. Ed dedicated Infallible to Harper and Olivia... Awww.

As usual, Mister Vedder has a way of putting together setlists just for me. I needed to hear Why Go, and there it was.
    Have you ever noticed that the first chords of I am mine sound like the first chords of Hold On? Yeah, I nearly fainted there. Ed dedicated it to NJ. Had I been a Staten Island fan I would have been pretty pissed, but whatever :)

Everyone's jaws were on the floor during Eruption. Yes they were.

When Ed started saying:
    “This next song was written by someone everybody up here knew. I never met him but I think about him a lot, a lot, a lot. His name was Andrew Wood.” I sat down and everyone around me patted me on the back. You see, I had a Crown curse... 17 shows without, including AV. So I had given up on it. I was shell shocked. I had even thought about starting a thread on here: "Ed... no one died or is dying... but could you play it for me anyway?" He did. And as I said... he has a way of giving me songs when I need them. My marriage ended today, so that was pretty damn meaningful to hear: "Dreams like these must die"

I have no recollection of the rest of the show until RVM, which was awesome.

When Ed talked about waves and I saw they were sitting at the beginning of the first encore I thought: Shit, it's got to be Oceans! The first song I ever heard live. Fantastic.
    So was Yellow Moon, wow!

Just... what a beautiful show... what the hell are they going to play tomorrow?!

Apologies and kudos to my fellow 10clubbers in section F4. They were so incredibly nice and forgiving of my excessive enthusiasm. Perhaps the nicest crowd I have had around.

And this was my first show with my son, as if I needed another reason why it was so special.

Thank you PJ. You mean the world to me. You continue to carry me through. There's few other places I'd rather be than listening to your music live :)

See you tomorrow :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Legendary. Speechless.
  • jeffwalshjeffwalsh Posts: 169
    Anyone have any idea when the Brooklyn T-shirts sold out? They were already gone shortly after 6 when I arrived. Wondering how early I need to get there tomorrow to make sure I get one, at least.

Also, what time does the outdoor merch stand open?

Thanks!

I would write more about tonight, but describing this vibe might end it faster, so... sorry.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Song highlights:
    OCEANS. :shock:
    Chloe Dancer. :shock:
    Sleight of hand. :shock:
    Save you. :mrgreen:
    Indifference. :thumbup:

What an amazing show. 10club seats, 426,xxx got me section 9 row 16, which was Stone's side between the red line and blue line if it was a hockey arena.

Took my dad, called the first 4 songs in the car ride over as Pendulum -> Oceans -> Small Town -> Lightning Bolt. He was amazed :lol:

I thought the crowd had great energy. Was singing loud and was definitely into it. There were 2 wives of 10club members (1 in my row and 1 in the row behind) that were sitting and on their smartphone for most of the show..

I danced my fuckin ass off. Sung my lungs out (cause now Im horse). Enjoyed the hell out of every second.

There wasn't a bad song.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    Great show. Fantastic set. The songs really had a great flow - loved the placement of Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns in the first set, and Oceans to start the encores! Cant wait to see what they do tomorrow night!!

DIdnt have great seats for photos, but a few came out ok:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/set ... 707156434/
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • one word.

unbelievable.

energy was amazing. band was great. eddies voice was strong. cant wait to go tomorrow.
    New Jersey - Jun 01, 2006
    Philly - Oct 28, 2009
    Philly - Oct 31, 2009
    New Jersey - May 18, 2010
    NYC - May 21, 2010
    Brooklyn - October 18, 2013
    Brooklyn - October 19, 2013
    Hartford - October 25, 2013
  • whino33whino33 Posts: 11
    This was show number 25 for me and was one of the more interesting ones. It goes without saying that there is no such thing as a bad pearl jam show and the set list was incredible. I also loved hearing the new songs live and hearing Chloe was a real treat. That being said, I didn't think the crowd was nearly as strong as the MSG shows from 2010. Also seemed to by really quick. I almost didn't even appreciate how good the set was until I started reflecting on it after. Seemed to go by too fast. I guess they just spoil the crap out of us and its possible my section was just weak. Not my favorite show by a long shot but loved the set list. Can't wait for tomorrow!
    Albany 4/29/03
    MSG - 6/25/05, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 5/20/10, 5/21/10
    Irving Plaza - 5/5/06
    E.Rutherford - 6/1/06, 6/3/06
    Newark - 5/18/10
    Philly - 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    Chicago - 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    Hartford 5/13/06
    Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    This was show number 8 for me, amazing show was happy to see all the new songs yellow moon is my favorite iive...got to cross a few big songs off my list chole/crown, oceans, sonic reducer, sleight,dissident all sounded amazing

i love this band more and more live each time i got 5 more shows on this tour and i cant wait to see what each one brings
  • It is pretty much a given that any show where Crown of effing Thorns is played.... that show will be pretty damn stellar. 8-)
    Raleigh, 8/18/1992 (Lollapalooza)
    Sacramento, 7/16/1998
    San Francisco, 7/18/2006
    Oakland, 7/11/2011 (Eddie Vedder)
    Vancouver, BC, 9/25/2011
    Oakland, 10/26/2013
  • They kept us hanging for a bit about whether they were doing Chloe Dancer or going straight into Crown. It was pretty deliberate teasing, I thought.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    edited October 2013
    narnia wrote:
    You know how into it the crowds in South America are at PJ concerts? Well Brooklyn topped them! We were singing along from start to finish and you could really feel the band feeding off the energy. !

Really- better than SA? Hahahaha
    Post edited by Indifference on

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    loved every second
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    Holy balls. What an incredible show.

Highlights for me were:

Pendulum into Release...I may have cried. :lol:
    Dissident
    Given To Fly
    Chloe/CROWN OF FUCKING THORNS!!! :D:D:D
    Rearviewmirrow
    OCEANS!!!
    Yellow Moon
    Porch was fucking amazing
    GUITAR GOD MCCREADY PLAYING ERUPTION!

The whole show was brilliant though. I really have no words. Even though I sat up in bumfuck 223, I rocked out. Can't wait to see what tomorrow night has in store. :D
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2