*** Worcester 2 Fanviews Here 10/16/13 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited January 2014 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
DCU Center
Worcester, MA
Show Two
Oct. 16, 2013
Set List

01. Pendulum (from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
02. Low Light
03. Given To Fly
04. Do The Evolution
05. Mind Your Manners (from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(Ed-”Long time no see. It has been like, twenty hours since we saw some of you. We went pretty hard last night so I might be a little short on voice tonight so I will take all the help I can get. This next song is a letter from a son to his father thanking him for all the genetic mutants gifts his father gave him. It’s called ‘Father Son’)
06. My Father’s Son-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(“This next song is written by our friend and the best drummer ever, Matt Cameron. Oh, I forgot his middle name, Matt ‘Fucking’ Cameron. We don’t play this song that much. It is called “Cropduster”)
07. Cropduster
08. Wishlist
09. Sirens-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(“We touched on it last night but I wanted to say again tonight that we were in Seattle mixing the record when the bombing happened. We watched how the city pulled together and we were pulling with you. It felt to us like it had happened to our friends.”)
10. I Am Mine
11. Lukin
12. Not For You
13. Down
14. State Of Love And Trust
15. Lightning Bolt-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
16. Porch

Encore Break 1

(Ed talks about the bands early days playing at Axis. He also talks about sneaking into Fenway and getting chased around by a couple of security guys. As he winds through hallways he ends up right behind home plate and snapped a couple of Polaroids. “And now 20 plus some years later we are in the front row watching David Ortiz put on a baseball miracle. This next song is a request by one of you local compatriots.”)
17. Other Side
(Ed tells the crowd that they are not missing anything concerning the Red Sox game. “You will get them next game and when they get back home.” “This next song is for the newlywed couple in the corner. In this part of the world you folks were first in a number of things. Anesthesia, I know a lot about anesthesia. Valentine’s day, (?you were the first to mass produce valentines day cards?) oh and contraception. See all these things are connected.”)
18. Future Days
19. Gone
20. Black
21. Jeremy
(while the band figures out what is next and gets ready to play it Mike plays “Little Wing-(Hendrix) and “Angie”-(Jagger/Richards).
22. Daughter (no tag)
23. Even Flow
24. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2
(Ed introduces the audience to a man who has been at all of the arena shows in Boston that the band has played. Ed says he always looks forward to seeing him and thought he might miss him by being in Worcester. But the gentleman was in the back when Ed showed up and he couldn’t have been happier. “No one knows how long he has been working because no one has worked longer. Ladies and gentlemen I would like you to meet Dick Dauphinee. He needs to come up here because he belongs up here.” Mr. Dauphinee gets on the stage to much applause.)

25. Smile
26. Once
27. Alive
28. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
29. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• WHWH Posts: 53
    Damn right I could hear Stone tonight!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Thank you Sea :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 11th show, this one is at the top for me. Amazing. More later!
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Great time tonight as always. Enjoyed last night significantly more though. Ed seemed to be having a bit if a hard time from what I could see
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    Awesome show, the band sounded great. Matt was killing it all night, particularly on SOLAT and Mike as usual was masterful. Eddie sounded pretty damn good from where I was standing; he cracked /strained a couple of times that I noticed, but I don't think it was anything out of the ordinary.
    "My Father's son" sounded sick, the bass was loud & heavy as f*@&. That song translates really well live, and is my favorite off the new album.
    "Baba O'Reilly" was also a personal favorite from tonight as that's my first time hearing it live in 10 shows. And "Smile" is always a treat; while it wasn't the first time I heard it live, that's one of my all time favorites.

Great night in GA (1st time ever with GA floor tickets!); I had to move because of a few drunk a-holes getting / dancing too obnoxiously close, but it's a small complaint, the night was overall awesome (glad I'm not a 3 year old!).

Bring on Brooklyn 2!

(I'll be happy to have reserved seats for Brooklyn 2 & Hartford, my legs & feet couldn't take another 2-1/2 hour show like that!)
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    Great time tonight as always. Enjoyed last night significantly more though. Ed seemed to be having a bit if a hard time from what I could see

Comparing the set lists, I kind of wish I went last night instead of tonight, but oh well hindsight's always 20/20.

(not like tonight wasn't awesome!)
  • best setlist this year. pitt just went #2 :corn:
  • WHAT AN AMAZING NIGHT!! My very first show ever and I could not be happier. I was 5th row, section 110. Great view. I danced my ASS off. I'll post a more in depth review tomorrow. ROCK ON!!! :D
  • WHAT AN AMAZING NIGHT!! My very first show ever and I could not be happier. I was 5th row, section 110. Great view. I danced my ASS off. I'll post a more in depth review tomorrow. ROCK ON!!! :D
    1st show??

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    KC127623 wrote:
    11th show, this one is at the top for me. Amazing. More later!
    spot on. me too haha goodnight
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    KC127623 wrote:
    11th show, this one is at the top for me. Amazing. More later!
    spot on. me too haha goodnight

Ok maybe not top, or anywhere close. but 11th show nonetheless. ;)
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Fantastic performance again by the band, I preferred last night over tonight by just a shade, mostly because of the diversity. Tonight was pretty awesome though, some blistering renditions of staple classics from the catalog!

See you guys very soon in Hartford!!
    And no one's gonna slow my gentle groove.. - https://twitter.com/Mr_Faded_Glory
  • Anyone notice how the band kicked it up a notch ? So cool
    To see.

The past 2 nights were phenomenal. And I've been to 20 + shows. Kucf me I could write for hours
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    9/26/96, 9/28/96, 10/2/96
    6/14/98, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • Amazing night. Amazing 2 nights. As I've said before, Hartford will be the decider.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • mkdevomkdevo Posts: 33
    Another great night in Worcester. I liked night 1 better, but enjoyed my seats/section much more night 2.

Other Side: http://youtu.be/s_zKmxRBjHk
  • OTHERSIDE. I am green with jealous rage. I bet that was aweeeeesome
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    I just got home. Drove 3 hours from New Jersey to be there. My first concert and it was absolutely amazing. I just don't have the words right now. Thank you, Pearl Jam, for making this one of the best nights of my life that I will never forget.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    WHAT AN AMAZING NIGHT!! My very first show ever and I could not be happier. I was 5th row, section 110. Great view. I danced my ASS off. I'll post a more in depth review tomorrow. ROCK ON!!! :D

I was two rows behind you! :lol:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Cropduster! I Am Mine! Lukin! Not For You!!! Down! Wowsa-what a set list! At this rate I will be getting all the boots they offer this tour!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    WHAT AN AMAZING NIGHT!! My very first show ever and I could not be happier. I was 5th row, section 110. Great view. I danced my ASS off. I'll post a more in depth review tomorrow. ROCK ON!!! :D

I was two rows behind you! :lol:

Ha! So was I!
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • KnishKnish Posts: 53
    what time did the band hit the stage?
    There are two kinds of women, one that takes your strength, and one that gives you strength

My next Pearl Jam show will be my 50th

• VarzinczakVarzinczak Curitiba, Brazil Posts: 71
    Nice set. Almost mamasan was played. I couldn't believe when I listened it in Curitiba (Brazil) 2011.
    My friend was in the crowd and sent me a text by 2 am here in Brazil to tell me that Eddie cheered with him and his fiance sharing some wine. (They decided to spent their honeymoon watching 5 PJ shows in USA) : :D

Here a pic of some wine (I cannot upload the image because it's too large). http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9kXhjn9qHVA/U ... 000131.jpg
    'It's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind.'
    I got home at 3:00 [my kids are still in bed, but I am awake?!?].

So, I had a blast. Being so close to the stage was great, I finally got to see up-close what people mean about Mike. :D

Highlights were Cropduster and I Am Mine, Down and Gone, and Smile. Yeah, I am in the minority, but I LOVE Gone, and these songs all sounded great. Most of us, myself included, rank Riot Act pretty low in the list of PJ albums, but when I actually hear the songs I am reminded that they are, in my opinion at least, some of Ed's best lyrics.

The new songs were great, too. Sirens is, like, 100 times better live, and it and Lightning Bolt clearly are the sing-alongs of the future.

Speaking of sing-alongs, as I noted in the setlist thread, I think this show's setlist had something of a greatest hits feel because Ed was struggling. If his voice gave out, there was no question that the crowd could handle the vocals, especially in the second half.

Oh, and to the dude who decided to rush the stage and tackle Ed during Yellow Ledbetter -- not cool, dude, not cool. :nono:
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Knish wrote:
    what time did the band hit the stage?

8:25, I think (it's in the setllist thread) -- done around 10:55. Footsteps would have been great, letting Mike tear into an impromptu Little Wing actually might have been better. :)
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346

Oh, and to the dude who decided to rush the stage and tackle Ed during Yellow Ledbetter -- not cool, dude, not cool. :nono:

Yeah what was this about? I saw something about it on facebook??
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
    silver39 wrote:

Yeah what was this about? I saw something about it on facebook??

Some guy in section 111, I think. He dashed across the open side stage area, up the stairs, a couple of guys from the crew in hot pursuit. Ed had has back to the guy, Mike was playing, dude decided to put his arms around Ed and -- tell him they are soulmates, I guess. :roll: He was removed from the building, of course. What appeared to be his girlfriend was laughing and cheering down at the bottom of 111. Nice.

I get being excited, but forgetting that these guys are human beings with their own sense of personal space -- really uncool. I mean, Ed got down on the floor and shook hands and sang to people on the rail in the pit, Mike got down there and played for them, what more do people want? I felt like it was cool but also pretty risky for Mike and Ed to get down there so close to everyone.
  • I considered night 2 a great show and I witnessed something really cool, my wife and I were sitting in section 108 2nd row up off the floor, and there was a father and his young son in front of us, a security guy from the band walked in front of us a few times and about 5 or 6 songs in, he came back and made it a point to hand the young kid a pick that mike had thrown out in the crowd, the kid was obviously psyched! At the end of the show the kid and the dad made it a point to wade through the crowd to thank the security guy, It was really nice to see! Kudos to whoever the security guy was! He definitely made the young kids night!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Another great show. They never fail to deliver. GA seemed more tightly packed than night 1. Was in the same area (I've dubbed it McCreadyville) and there was significantly less space between folks than the night before. Like Pendulum as an opener, it fits right in as one of the classic PJ slow build openers. Shocked and stoked to hear Other Side. Can't wait for Hartford, gonna be tough to sit in reserved seats after taking up residence in McCreadyville the past 2 nights, the mayor was on fire.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    (glad I'm not a 3 year old!).
    :lol:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Amazing setlist, my wife and I were GA on the left 15 ft or so right in front of Mike...Wow to see him so close was mind blowing. We met some great people, this one guy Rich who was there with his wife celebrating his 40'th B day..All he wanted was a guitar pick...well don't you know I get one and made his night.....turned to him and said happy f@#kin birthday bro......great people, music......had a blast.