Options

After Seeing the Steve Gleason pc today.....

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited October 2013 in The Porch
I am convinced of a few things....(all subjective and JUST my opinion and MY feelings).....So please save the negative comments for the 10C shipping thread or something else...I was moved today and for whatever reason, it moved me to the point of tears on more than one level....not just about Steve, his family or his terrible life altering journey.....It is hard to explain, I guess, but it did...

Sirens is an AMAZING song.....

This MAY be the greatest set of lyrics Ed has EVER penned....

The "man" to whose arms she may or may not be sent could be God....Not saying that it is, but for some reason, it seems to me that it could be.....it fits in a certain context in my head....

While probably NOT the case, this song COULD have been written for....to.... or about Steve Gleason....It was actually kind of surreal to listen to it during the show, then going back and listen to the whole thing after the fact, and see how easily the lyrics applied in a lot of places....

Eddie is an AMAZING man...(as are ALL the members of the band)..Not that I (we) didnt already know/think that, but there was some element of him that I had never seen today even if for just a very short moment...I have a different respect and understanding of him, the band, their music, and what he went through once the whole story of his past surfaced....

Today, the band are in a different place...a VERY GOOD place...They finally seem relaxed and comfortable in their own skin to me, they care for one another far more than even I thought or have ever seen from any other band......

They could ALL quite possibly be the most humble, well grounded, down to earth band in music today or ever...

Again...as I said above...all subjective, and I am NOT looking to start an argument or fight of any kind......just felt like writing it down as it has been swimming in my head for many hours now....Love yourself....love each other....and live EVERY SINGLE DAY with laughter like it were your last.....because you never know when the circus will end.....
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Put down the bong.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    And ya know I am just giving you a little shit.
    Always a pleasure to see you here my friend.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Put down the bong.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh I know, brother....:lol::lol: ...Sober as a judge too by the way!! ;-).....Just been a long day and have had too much time in my own mind today I guess....feeling small...vulnerable....reflective and regretful.....just in a mood that I dont reach very often..... :oops:
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    corduroykellycorduroykelly Posts: 668
    edited October 2013
    I agree that it could be the best lyrics Eddie Vedder has ever written. I was not a big fan of Sirens at first but every time I hear it I love it more. I never thought about the line of being sent into another man's arms was about God but after you pointed that out I completely agree.
    Post edited by corduroykelly on
  • Options
    Oh, it’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much I can get overwhelmed by the grace by which we lead our lives with death over our shoulders

that line did it to me
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I'm ALL IN for this song. One of the very best songs they've ever done. I've been floored by how open this band has been, and so far really digging where they are right now musically. Great post OP, I agree 1000%.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I agree with you about the lyrics. Eddie is on the same level as john Lennon.
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Steve Gleason said he hears, "more contentedness and exploration, a sense of self and outward love" in the music from Lightning Bolt. Pearl Jam is collectively making a difference in the lives of those who listen...Gleason is proof of that.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    i agree.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    I'm in Ireland so only just caught this on YouTube.

I knew about Steve from reading about him on here but... Wow!

There aren't many moments like that on TV. I think I just became a better person, especially father.

I've even greater respect for the band and its music now. Still reeling from it actually.

Peace!
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035

This.
    He may be yet to write a line as grand as 'Life's what happens....' but he's definitely up there

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    Where can I find the lyrics? They don't seem to be on this site yet
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    i agree!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Where can I find the lyrics? They don't seem to be on this site yet
    check this thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=217648
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    and great read Scott..thanks brother
  • Options
    it's funny what a little context will do to your appreciation of a song. I thought Sirens was pure cheese until I saw the piece yesterday. Now....? Not so much.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    it's funny what a little context will do to your appreciation of a song. I thought Sirens was pure cheese until I saw the piece yesterday. Now....? Not so much.
    Sirens is corny only to those who have never loved and those who will never die.
  • Options
    Sirens is corny only to those who have never loved and those who will never die.
    best answer ever
  • Options
    best answer ever
    :wave: