Obamacare exchange leaks data for 2400 people

unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
edited October 2013 in A Moving Train
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/14/obama ... customers/

I'm sure this is just working out the kinks/getting rid of the bugs. It won't happen again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    unsung wrote:
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/14/obamacare-exchange-leaks-data-of-2400-unsuspecting-customers/

I'm sure this is just working out the kinks/getting rid of the bugs. It won't happen again.
    I had my data leaked once and switched with someone else's. They turned me into one of those damn tree hugger freaks. :evil:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Atrapitis.gif
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Big deal, happens all the time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It shouldn't happen, period.

Unencrypted document with THAT type of information? And then on top of it, sent to the wrong party?

Good thing the unintended recipient had some ethics.

Now lets get these employees properly trained before they fuck up again.
    hedonist wrote:
    It shouldn't happen, period.

Unencrypted document with THAT type of information? And then on top of it, sent to the wrong party?

Good thing the unintended recipient had some ethics.

Now lets get these employees properly trained before they fuck up again.
    Of course it shouldn't happen. But it happens all the time in all kinds of industries. Just because there was a small breach connected to Obamacare doesn't mean that there is a fundamental issue with Obamacare, which is how the thread is framed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    unsung wrote:
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/14/obamacare-exchange-leaks-data-of-2400-unsuspecting-customers/

I remember a tale from ye olde days of yore... back in ancient times... when no one here could possibly remember...
    A tale about the NSA collecting phone data on eveyone that ever used a telephone.
    That is why people of the modern times of this minute... can have a fit about the government keeping information on us... because that tale of NSA data gathering has receeded into the pages of myth and legend. What, with it being told to us so long, long ago.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    unsung wrote:

I remember a tale from ye olde days of yore... back in ancient times... when no one here could possibly remember...
    A tale about the NSA collecting phone data on eveyone that ever used a telephone.
    That is why people of the modern times of this minute... can have a fit about the government keeping information on us... because that tale of NSA data gathering has receeded into the pages of myth and legend. What, with it being told to us so long, long ago.
    The government already keeps that info on you. Obamacare isn't going to make a lick of difference in this context. They will have the same info without it.
  • Well boy... one employee accidentally send an unencrypted file to an insurance broker.

We better kill the whole law and just let all those children, seniors and poor people go without any insurance.

Seems the prudent thing to do.

AND BY THE WAY...

Calling this a "leak" is incorrect. A "leak" would be if the information got to the general public. It didn't. It went to an insurance broker who is bonded and knows to not release information like that. So there was never any real danger to anyone.

But I'm sure over at The Daily Caller, they're all suddenly whining about how Obama wants to kill us all or something.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    unsung wrote:

The government already keeps that info on you. Obamacare isn't going to make a lick of difference in this context. They will have the same info without it.
    Americans are the Sofa Kings... We are so fucking... A.D.D. It's like we completely forgot about the NSA Data gathering operations that came into our brains... last month!
    So, today... we are all upset that people's information... THAT THEY ARE TYPING INTO A GOVERNMENT DATABASE!!!... is going to be used by the government!!!
    We are so fucking A.D... (hey, look at that squirrel...)
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    "Well boy"?

Oh boy :P

Me, I'm just sick of ineptitude and not only at the government level. It's all over the place on a larger and larger scale...and slowly, little by ever so little, it's becoming acceptable.

Well, I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    hedonist wrote:
    "Well boy"?

Me, I'm just sick of ineptitude and not only at the government level. It's all over the place on a larger and larger scale...and slowly, little by ever so little, it's becoming acceptable.

Indeed...i fully support your decision to be a hedonist. You and the people you choose to invite into your lifestyle are the only people who should know.

No other entities should be allowed.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
    ajedigecko wrote:
    hedonist wrote:
    "Well boy"?

Indeed...i fully support your decision to be a hedonist. You and the people you choose to invite into your lifestyle are the only people who should know.

No other entities should be allowed.
    I don't invite, but I do welcome ;)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    what? are we surprised?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    if you filed a tax return in the state of south Carolina between the years of 1998-2004, your personal information has already been hacked and sold. I dont expect the federal government to do much better.