Pearl Jam's commitment to the environment includes fan merch

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
edited August 2013 in The Porch
http://www.mnn.com/money/sustainable-bu ... t-includes
Members of Pearl Jam's official fan community, the Ten Club, don't just get T-shirts, posters and CDs when they order merchandise. They get a physical representation of the band's dedication to sustainability. Through logistics, UPS is helping Pearl Jam and their fan club be more sustainable and more efficient. Ten Club, started by Pearl Jam in 1990, has teamed up with UPS for a total makeover of its merchandise distribution process, including time-saving shipment consolidation and the use of local and eco-friendly materials.

In this video, Tim Bierman and Rob Skinner of Ten Club and Justine Tucker of UPS talk about what the Ten Club UPS makeover entails, and how it makes a difference for fans around the globe. On a day-to-day basis, the Ten Club ships all orders placed on Pearl Jam's official website as well as the bands annual fan mailing consisting of a CD and band magazine.

In honor of Pearl Jam's long-running commitment to the environment, Ten Club challenged UPS to make every component of its mailings more sustainable. UPS provided 100 percent recyclable boxes with tape-free enclosures and soy-based ink. The boxes are also printed with the carbon neutral shipping insignia, signifying the purchase of carbon offsets to balance out emissions produced in the transportation of the mailing. All supplies for the project were sourced locally.

Carbon neutral shipping isn't the only way in which logistics has helped Pearl Jam and other bands become more sustainable. The company's partnership with Live Nation brings "Sustainable Touring Solutions" to the live music touring industry, offsetting the environmental impact of these global tours.
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• http://www.mnn.com/money/sustainable-business-practices/sponsorvideo/pearl-jams-commitment-to-the-environment-includes
    Members of Pearl Jam's official fan community, the Ten Club, don't just get T-shirts, posters and CDs when they order merchandise. They get a physical representation of the band's dedication to sustainability. Through logistics, UPS is helping Pearl Jam and their fan club be more sustainable and more efficient. Ten Club, started by Pearl Jam in 1990, has teamed up with UPS for a total makeover of its merchandise distribution process, including time-saving shipment consolidation and the use of local and eco-friendly materials.

In this video, Tim Bierman and Rob Skinner of Ten Club and Justine Tucker of UPS talk about what the Ten Club UPS makeover entails, and how it makes a difference for fans around the globe. On a day-to-day basis, the Ten Club ships all orders placed on Pearl Jam's official website as well as the bands annual fan mailing consisting of a CD and band magazine.

In honor of Pearl Jam's long-running commitment to the environment, Ten Club challenged UPS to make every component of its mailings more sustainable. UPS provided 100 percent recyclable boxes with tape-free enclosures and soy-based ink. The boxes are also printed with the carbon neutral shipping insignia, signifying the purchase of carbon offsets to balance out emissions produced in the transportation of the mailing. All supplies for the project were sourced locally.

Carbon neutral shipping isn't the only way in which logistics has helped Pearl Jam and other bands become more sustainable. The company's partnership with Live Nation brings "Sustainable Touring Solutions" to the live music touring industry, offsetting the environmental impact of these global tours.

That's great.

Now what can they do about the high cost?
  • Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 500
    http://www.mnn.com/money/sustainable-business-practices/sponsorvideo/pearl-jams-commitment-to-the-environment-includes

That's great.

+1
    carbon neutral shipping fantastic !!!
    Poster shipping from $3 to $13 now...not so much
  • So which one of you creased the corners of my copy of Deep and the sleeve of the single?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    [

That's great.

i dont know,sent them an email

this member post already at international shipping thread this:
    Well you guys got it good for a little while at least. I'm just glad they seem to have adjusted some wacky US prices... before if you preordered the new CD it was $8 to ship it to where I live, now it's only $5. That's pretty reasonable FINALLY.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • InsideManInsideMan Posts: 261
    I was more enamored by the tasty merch just waiting to be purchased...
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    OMG I am watching the video and pausing it every second to get a glimpse of the warehouse...so many merch items!! Cool Backspacer Snowboard at 44 seconds in? Posters, stickers, OH MY!! LET US IN!! Free the merch!!
    OMG I am watching the video and pausing it every second to get a glimpse of the warehouse...so many merch items!! Cool Backspacer Snowboard at 44 seconds in? Posters, stickers, OH MY!! LET US IN!! Free the merch!!
    i think most of people will do that..tons of stuff!!
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Another reason why I Heart Pearl Jam.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Great video... Thanks for posting that :D
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs wrote:
    Great video... Thanks for posting that :D
    was cool..i wish the contest wasnt for uk citizen only
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I think I watched that vid 5 times in a row just to see what all they have in there!
    Good stuff. Thx for posting, D!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    I know I'm probably not the only one to watch that video a couple times that paused it several times throughout to try and see everything on the shelves & throughout the warehouse and offices.

Did anyone else notice the flag hanging on the railing on the landing of the steps at the :10 mark on the far right?

Could that be in honor of one of our fellow 10C members?
    You know, the kind, generous, friend to many, superfan, one and only Dimitris !
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    seems Tim everyday for go at his office pass and sees the Greek flag!!!
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Cool video. Thanks for posting.

Glad to see that the band is trying to protect our planet for the next generation of PJ fans.
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300

i did the same
    it's almost like heaven on earth love0050.gif
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Its funny PJ goes through all this and people/bands like Katy Perry have 24 tour busses 2 private busses 12 car transports and not t mention her personal entourage.

So does it help the enviroment or does it help Katy Perry justify using so much transportation :?
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    SLH doing his part to help the environment too....he cant be blamed for disposalable razors littering the world
  • -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    I'd love to visit their warehouse!
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I think it's good that they are paying attention to how the Ten Club does business.
    That's thoughtful. :thumbup:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Very cool getting a peek inside the warehouse + knowing there's a Greek flag hanging in there's excellent too!! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Very cool video. Look at all the shit in that warehouse! :shock:

I want some!!!!!!!!!!! (Especially snowboard)
    Abe Froman wrote:
    Very cool video. Look at all the shit in that warehouse! :shock:

I want some!!!!!!!!!!! (Especially snowboard)
    i like the colors around!!
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
    Mudfest wrote:
    you mean the guy with the long Beard?
    yep..that Santos